Umbra Outfit for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females [Commercial]

Comments

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129
    edited November 2021

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

So update #4 is not available? or you have installed update #4 and the problem still exists? Two different problems here.

Update #4 for Umbra has been live. Yesterday I updated it with a comment stating that users were having trouble receiving this update or the update files were not correct.

If the update is not showing up in your DIM I would submit a ticket to Daz.

Edite: The Readme in the update file should say what update # it is.

I'll verify later, but I had a new update show up in DIM basically right prior to my post on the 30th  (and it was the fourth based on my counting) and it did not fix the issue. 

Post edited by N3p3nth3 on
  • Here is the my dropox link to the fix. Can someone please verify access to the file and see if it fixes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3mu8j7cv9o66yc/Umbra%20for%20Genesis%208%20%26%208.1%20Females%20Update%204.zip?dl=0

• Hi Herschel,

Despite an update showed up as per my previous post (28/10) I still have the teeth issues and right arm not working. 

I got the Cyber Samurai update now. I'm dowloading (137mb). Will come back later 

• I'm downloading the Umbra outfit from your link and I will let you know.

• Hi Herschel, 

I've downloaded you file from dropbox... the first thing i noticed is that for G8.1F, my Umbra morphs folder has 28 items whereas your updated files only has 18 items. Also, in both there are two items from cyber samurai (vest pm)... are those items meant to be there? The vest doesn't come with the umbra.

More details soon.

Untitled.png
    1839 x 866 - 143K
  • Unfortunately, even after installing the files from dropbox I still get the problems with the teeth. I didn't complete my assessment...

I'll remove cyber samurai and start from scratch with umbra outfit and then overwrite the files with those from dropbox. 

More details soon.

• Steps

1. I uninstall both the umbra and the samurai.

2. Re-downloaded and resintall Umbra using DIM (didn't install cyber samurai)

3. Checked figures... teeth issues persist

4. Overwrite umbra files with those from dropbox

5. Check figures both 8 and 8.1 - teeth issues persist

Also, for G8.1F, the right arm strap applies the mp on the left arm, not the right arm.

Cheers.

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 587
    edited November 2021

Also, for G8.1F, the right arm strap applies the mp on the left arm, not the right arm.

That's if you just use the preset. The dial itself still works correctly, the preset just activates the wrong dial. I attached a fix so the preset uses the correct dial.

As for the teeth issue... I'm pretty stumped as my end is not having a issue with the teeth so beyong the data file, I don't know what the difference here is.

For right now you can manually fix the teeth problem by:

1. Select Tools > Geometery Editor

2. Go to Tool Settings, choose Vertex Selection

3. Right click in Viewport and select Selection Mode > Lasso Selection

4. Select all of the teeth with the lasso in the viewport

5. Find the micropressure morph(s) you are using in the parameters tab, then click on the Heart symbol on each of the those morphs to make them a favorite

6. right click in viewport and select Morph Editing > Clear Selected Deltas from Favorites

Then it should be fixed! Just remember to click on heart symbols again on the morphs to unfavorite them. Save the morphs to make it permanent (File>Save As>Supprt Asset>Morph Asset(s)> Select Morphs).

zip
    zip
    Umbra Preset Fix.zip
    Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on
  • Having dealt alot with morphs (making/saving etc), uninstall often deletes everything but the morphs.  They remain regardless.  Which the undesired teeth changes are. 

You have to find them manually on your harddisk and delete them.  If you have multi-morph directories you may have to delete in more than one subfolder, but good news is folder tree and filenames are of course the same.

• @Herschel, sorry yes,  I meant the PRESETS... I tried to get to you with my findings as quick as possible. I usually reply to these threads either super late at night (as my previous messages) or super early (like this one). So my body was demanding to go to bed. Thanks for the files and the step by step to fix the issue. I'll try it once I get the chance and report my results.

I wonder if N3p3nth3 and I (and anyone else experiencing the same issues) have morphs from other products that are in conflict with Umbra outfit. If that's the case it'll be a pain in the bum trying to identify the conflicting morphs... not a homework I'm emotionally ready to do cheeky

As for deleting morphs, when I uninstalled the cyber samurai add-on I did check and the morph folders were removed. I assumed uninstalling the umbra would do the same, so I didn't check.

And just for the sake of clarifying, @Herschel, can you confirm that:

1. the morph folder data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Herschel Hoffmeyer\Umbra should contain 28 files including 2 for Sayble and 2 for the cyber samurai vest?

2. and similarly, data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Herschel Hoffmeyer\Umbra only 16 files?

And if I haven't said it before, thanks for engaging with your costumers and for being so active in tackling these issues.

Cheers.

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

ok, did it again

Deleted both Umbra Items via DIM and deleted it in DIM, afterwards asured that the folders

data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Herschel Hoffmeyer\Umbra

data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Herschel Hoffmeyer\Umbra

are deleted

Redownloaded and installed IM00083157-01_UmbraOutfitforGenesis8and81Females.zip via DIM

since there is no readme in the .zip I clicked on the "i" symbol in DIM - see attached screenshot - I only see 3 updates in this

Loaded G8F into scene, added red hair, opened mouth - Applied Umbra complete Outfit - Added Pressure Moprphs

See screenshots - tongue is also affected

Manually fixing, following your steps 1 to 6 did not change/fix anything

setting the pressure morphs in parameter tab to zero = mouth back to normal

Redownloaded and installed IM00083343-01_CyberSamuraiExpansionforUmbraOutfit.zip via DIM

data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Herschel Hoffmeyer\CyberSamurai = 4 morphs

data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Herschel Hoffmeyer\Umbra CS = 2 Morphs

Loaded G8F into scene, added black hair, opened mouth - Applied Umbra 00CS complete Outfit - removed the mask - Added Umbra CS Vest Micropressure Moprph

Its working but is also affecting the mouth a little bit.

Request #393098 opened. due to missing update #4

Screenshot 2021-11-04 005012.jpg
    1219 x 530 - 64K
    Screenshot 2021-11-04 015328.jpg
    744 x 770 - 86K
    Screenshot 2021-11-04 015428.jpg
    702 x 886 - 67K
    Screenshot 2021-11-04 024540.jpg
    746 x 794 - 89K
    Screenshot 2021-11-04 024829.jpg
    738 x 893 - 75K
  • Manually fixing, following your steps 1 to 6 did not change/fix anything

That is very puzzling as this process can fix any morph. Here is a visual guide of these steps: DAZ Studio: Fixing/Editing Morphs - How to Remove Unwanted Vertices From Morphs - YouTube

If it is not working then it could be something you're missing or some hidden morphs dialed up somewhere.

• slender331manslender331man Posts: 3
    edited April 2022

Hi, sorry for bumping this discussion thread but I face similar problems described above about G8F teeth and tongue distortion.

In G8.1F I have the dials for both G8F and G8.1F (e.g. Umbra Sleeve L Micro Pressure HD G8F and Umbra Sleeve L Micro Pressure HD) shown in pic 1.

After dialing only 2 G8F dials the distortion is very visible which affects the teeth, gum and tongue, as shown in pic 2.

If I use the same amount of Umbra G8.1F dials there's just a slight distortion which is shown in pic 3. The reason why I mention slight distortion is that if I dial all Umbra related micropressure morphs (for G8.1F), as displayed in pic 4, the distortion is now visible.

Some may ask why am I using the dials for G8F on G8.1F is because the same exact thing has happened to G8F when I use those dials for G8F, which are the ones that produced most distortions. See pic 5 for G8F and 4 Umbra Outfit dials applied.

@Herschel Hoffmeyer (I don't know how to @ someone with space...) The geometry editing technique did not work because somehow the dials from Umbra Outfit aren't highlighting the gums, teeth and tongue as their affected morph vertices, therefore the software assumed nothing is needed to be cleared but it's apparent some residues are present in those dials...from what I can observe, it seems like it's affecting the teeth and tongue at higher resolution instead of base resolution. There maybe perhaps some residues are residing in the HD morph files.

Hope this helps on diagnosing the issue!

1.png
    1754 x 846 - 889K
    2.png
    1820 x 870 - 912K
    3.png
    1829 x 909 - 941K
    4.png
    1764 x 889 - 928K
    5.png
    1670 x 758 - 669K
    Post edited by slender331man on
  • slender331man said:

Hi, sorry for bumping this discussion thread but I face similar problems described above about G8F teeth and tongue distortion.

In G8.1F I have the dials for both G8F and G8.1F (e.g. Umbra Sleeve L Micro Pressure HD G8F and Umbra Sleeve L Micro Pressure HD) shown in pic 1.

After dialing only 2 G8F dials the distortion is very visible which affects the teeth, gum and tongue, as shown in pic 2.

If I use the same amount of Umbra G8.1F dials there's just a slight distortion which is shown in pic 3. The reason why I mention slight distortion is that if I dial all Umbra related micropressure morphs (for G8.1F), as displayed in pic 4, the distortion is now visible.

Some may ask why am I using the dials for G8F on G8.1F is because the same exact thing has happened to G8F when I use those dials for G8F, which are the ones that produced most distortions. See pic 5 for G8F and 4 Umbra Outfit dials applied.

@Herschel Hoffmeyer (I don't know how to @ someone with space...) The geometry editing technique did not work because somehow the dials from Umbra Outfit aren't highlighting the gums, teeth and tongue as their affected morph vertices, therefore the software assumed nothing is needed to be cleared but it's apparent some residues are present in those dials...from what I can observe, it seems like it's affecting the teeth and tongue at higher resolution instead of base resolution. There maybe perhaps some residues are residing in the HD morph files.

Hope this helps on diagnosing the issue!

Were you able to maunally unistall the morphs and then download the latest product updates that fix it? Also when you apply the fix that is used to clear up morphs, you have to make sure to save the morph out to overwrite the old one. If you don't save it, once you clear a scene or reload up anything, the morph will have returned to what it was.

• slender331manslender331man Posts: 3
    edited April 2022

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

slender331man said:

<texts>

Were you able to maunally unistall the morphs and then download the latest product updates that fix it? Also when you apply the fix that is used to clear up morphs, you have to make sure to save the morph out to overwrite the old one. If you don't save it, once you clear a scene or reload up anything, the morph will have returned to what it was.

Hi Herschel, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've uninstalled the Umbra Outfit and checked if there were any remains in the data folder, then re-downloaded the latest and re-installed it via DIM. I've made sure to check "\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Herschel Hoffmeyer\Umbra" and "\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Herschel Hoffmeyer\Umbra".

The fix doesn't work not because of the morph isn't being saved by myself after fixing, but it's because nothing is being cleared from the teeth, gum and tongue in the first place. By right when I hop into edit mode, right click on a morph and select "select morph vertices" with geometry editing active, it'll highlight the affected vertices by the morph. And if I favourite the said morph, then select a part affected by the morph, right click and clear selected deltas from favourites, the software will show me that the deltas on the selected part have been cleared from the viewport (basically cleared back to normal shape) and then I can save/overwrite them, either by saving a new morph asset or I just save modified assets.

However in the case of Umbra dials, when using "select morph vertices" the vertices from teeth/gum/tongue aren't being highlighted (for example, the sleeve L micro pressure dial highlights the deltas from the left arm vertices, none from the teeth/gum/tongue). Therefore clearing the delta on the teeth/gum/tongue isn't doing anything. I'll give some image examples (attached images are corresponding to the numbered descriptions):

1. The selected morph vertices affected by left sleeve micropressure dial, and we're able to see that it's affecting the left arm, none on the jaw.
    2. I select the teeth/gum/tongue and clear the selected deltas (I've favourited the left sleeve micropressure dial)
    3. We can see nothing is being cleared as the teeth distortion is still there.
    4. Original G8 teeth and tongue

I believe the dsf works correctly, and maybe it's the dhdm files which provide the HD morph data, are having residues on the teeth/gum/tongue. That's because on the base resolution, the teeth/gum/tongue vertices aren't affected at all. However when turning into high resolution (e.g. SubD 1 and above) it becomes visible. If I remember correctly, Daz Studio is incapable of clearing morph data from HD morph via geometry editing. If I simply replace the dhdm files of G8 Umbra morphs (for example the sleeve R micro pressure dhdm file) with the G8.1 ones, the distortion will be lesser (since the Umbra morphs for 8.1 has lesser distortions plus iirc G8 and G8.1 have the same vert count?). Please correct me if I'm wrong though! I don't have a tool to inspect or modify existing dhdm files due to it being available only for the PAs.

Thanks!

1.png
    1676 x 846 - 316K
    2.png
    1710 x 760 - 240K
    3.png
    1603 x 654 - 227K
    4.png
    1677 x 623 - 218K
    Post edited by slender331man on
  • slender331man said:

If I remember correctly, Daz Studio is incapable of clearing morph data from HD morph via geometry editing. 

This, I never knew! I appreciate the detailed post and providing some new knowledge here. Give me some time, and I'll see what I can do to get this morph cleared up and a new fix put in. 

• Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

slender331man said:

If I remember correctly, Daz Studio is incapable of clearing morph data from HD morph via geometry editing. 

This, I never knew! I appreciate the detailed post and providing some new knowledge here. Give me some time, and I'll see what I can do to get this morph cleared up and a new fix put in. 

The Geometry editor works only on the base vertices, as far as I know. It would not be clear how to extrapolate from those to the SubD vertices.

• Awesome outfit! However I've stumbled upon some issues with the Pressure morphs since they affect the teeth somehow... I've only dialed in those morphs as you can see in the screencapture.

Umbra_Pressure_Morphs.jpg
    3838 x 2158 - 601K
    edited April 2022

I have been able find the fix for the teeth morphing issues. I have reimported the HD morphs with the G8F set at the right subdivison level for that particular HD morph when importing it. It seems to have fixed the problem for the first 5 I have tested so far. I will continue to update the rest of them and if they're all working properly, I will provide that fix today here as well as put in an update to Daz to get the files updated. 

Update: After going through them one by one and everything looking right I dial them all up and it is still morphing the teeth. Each one may have a very small imprint on the teeth and when multiplied over many morphs, it creates the problem. Still exploring the problem and root cause.

Update #2: Ok, the base problem seems that the "Mouth Realism" (for G8.1F) had some play in the creation of the morphs. I have rebuilt the morphs from the ground up for G8F (which will also work on G8.1F) and the problem has been resolved. The key problem here again, like stated in the beginning of finding problems for this outfit, was building this whole outfit off of G8.1F and not G8F. I've learned my lesson hard.

• Seems to be fixed now. I will need to go through each one and make sure the clothing now is behaving as it should with these corrected morphs. Once all has been looked over and corrected, I will have the fix out for you all. Thanks for your patience!

• pdspds Posts: 593

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

Seems to be fixed now. I will need to go through each one and make sure the clothing now is behaving as it should with these corrected morphs. Once all has been looked over and corrected, I will have the fix out for you all. Thanks for your patience!

I just wanted to thank you for your commitment to addressing this issue. I can only imagine how much extra time and effort fixing the problem has cost you--and I use "cost" deliberately, knowing that the time could have been spent creating new products.

Thank you heart

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Awesome, looking forward to the fix.

edited April 2022

The fix was submitted to Daz and I'm just waiting for them to test it to be sure. If all is well, fix should be out this week once it has been tested and no problems.

Also, just a heads up, all outfits made by me after this one are built back on the original G8F (from the ground up) so no problems like this one going forward (they still work with G8.1F as intended).

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Great this was fixed. I've been gone for a while and didn't have the time to troubleshoot this, wonderful that someone with more technical knowledge was able to help find the solution.

edited April 2022

The fix for Umbra is passed through and should be going live soon! The Cyber Samurai expansion has an error with the vest so the Vest micropressure morph fix is going to take some more time.

Edit: Update is out!

• Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

The fix for Umbra is passed through and should be going live soon! The Cyber Samurai expansion has an error with the vest so the Vest micropressure morph fix is going to take some more time.

Edit: Update is out!

Thanks a lot laugh

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • cridgit said:

Did the recent Umbra update break something with the installation? This product is now full of .DJL files which have no icon and do not load in Studio. Not just this product mind you, dozens of other products also have these files which do not load.  However I noticed it for this prodct because I use it often and pretty sure there weren't any DJL files prior to the update.

See the more general thread here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/565071/my-library-littered-with-djl-files

This is something the Daz team does and not the content creator as I have never used DJL shortcuts and don't even use Smart Content pane. I would submit a ticket as this is something I cannot fix.

• The .djl files will work if the product is installed correctly.