Umbra Outfit for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females [Commercial]

12346»

Comments

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Richard Haseltine said:

The .djl files will work if the product is installed correctly. 

These files are a pain for anyone who uses a custom library. Yet another "genius" idea.

• ioonrxoon said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The .djl files will work if the product is installed correctly. 

These files are a pain for anyone who uses a custom library. Yet another "genius" idea.

They can be an asset for anyone who wants to customise their library - install the content plain to one content directory, and ignore it, then use .djl files to organise a working library with exactly the hierarchy you want.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886
    edited April 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

They can be an asset for anyone who wants to customise their library - install the content plain to one content directory, and ignore it, then use .djl files to organise a working library with exactly the hierarchy you want.

I've no problem with the fact that they exist if anyone wants to make them, but they shouldn't be used in zips. It's not the end of the world, but it's a waste of time to replace them with proper files.

In Umbra's case it's even ridiculous, since you have the following structure for pressure morphs in the presets directory (Hopefully I'm explaining this right):

G8F folder > duf files for g8f Morphs

G8.1F folder > djl files for G8.1 morphs

All the 8.1 duf files

Basically the djl files inside the 8.1 folder link to the duf files just outside the 8.1 folder. What exactly is the point of that?

Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • ioonrxoon said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I've no problem with the fact that they exist if anyone wants to make them, but they shouldn't be used in zips. It's not the end of the world, but it's a waste of time to replace them with proper files.

In Umbra's case it's even ridiculous, since you have the following structure for pressure morphs in the presets directory (Hopefully I'm explaining this right):

G8F folder > duf files for g8f Morphs

G8.1F folder > djl files for G8.1 morphs

All the 8.1 duf files

Basically the djl files inside the 8.1 folder link to the duf files just outside the 8.1 folder. What exactly is the point of that?

I don't want to turn this thread into a debate on djl file usage, there is a fresh thread on the geenral topic which coudl used for that, but the idea is to have the files available in the correct place in both folder trees (and in filtered views, such as Smart Content) in order to avoid confusing users.

• Forgive me for the novice question, but do we simply uninstall our old version of the umbra outfit and reload it through connect in order to recieve the update?

• bhearn123_4eb4404286 said:

Forgive me for the novice question, but do we simply uninstall our old version of the umbra outfit and reload it through connect in order to recieve the update?

It should display in your DIM under READY TO DOWNLOAD > PRODUCT UPDATES

If you're not seeing it their, check to make sure it somehow already didn't get installed already to see if the problem still exists. If problem still exists and you're not seeing an update you can try re-downloading and installing the Umbra product. If still no success I would submit a ticket.

If you're seeing these morphs (with these colors) under Genesis 8 Female > Actor > Clothing > Herschel Hoffmeyer then you have the update.

• 116taw_bcc08a1769116taw_bcc08a1769 Posts: 11
    edited June 2022

Hi can someone please help it doesnt matter what i try i cant get the shoes or feet to morph to the correct pose ( Ive selected the character and tried the pose and also selected the shoes and tried to pose... with no luck)

Thank you

Feet.jpg
    1374 x 891 - 331K
    Post edited by 116taw_bcc08a1769 on
  • 116taw_bcc08a1769 said:

Hi can someone please help it doesnt matter what i try i cant get the shoes or feet to morph to the correct pose ( Ive selected the character and tried the pose and also selected the shoes and tried to pose... with no luck)

Thank you

Are you using a Gen 8/8.1 character? You should be able to just delete the heels and load them back in with character selected. Automatically poses. It looks like the heels are being posed but not the character.

• 116taw_bcc08a1769116taw_bcc08a1769 Posts: 11
    edited June 2022

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

116taw_bcc08a1769 said:

Thank you

Are you using a Gen 8/8.1 character? You should be able to just delete the heels and load them back in with character selected. Automatically poses. It looks like the heels are being posed but not the character.

Thanks for the reply

Im using Gen 8 ive tried that already deleting the heels and reselecting the character and applying the heels.. still the character feet do not pose to the heels

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • 116taw_bcc08a1769 said:

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

116taw_bcc08a1769 said:

Thank you

Thanks for the reply

Im using Gen 8 ive tried that already deleting the heels and reselecting the character and applying the heels.. still the character feet do not pose to the heels

Are the heels fitting to the figure immediately or do you get the AutoFit dialogue box?

• Richard Haseltine said:

116taw_bcc08a1769 said:

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

116taw_bcc08a1769 said:

Thank you

Thanks for the reply

Are the heels fitting to the figure immediately or do you get the AutoFit dialogue box?

The heels fit to the figure immediately i do not get the Autofit box

• The heels fit to the figure immediately i do not get the Autofit box

I would try reinstalling the files for the outfit. IF still having the same problem I would put in a ticket.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2022

Herschel

You may not have noticed but someting appears to have gone awry with the micropressure presets in the update (incorrect packaging + metadata). There are three sets of micropressure presets:

1. A set in Umbra/Presets/Genesis 8 which the tip says to apply to the figure. This set is included in the product metadata and is correctly tagged to Genesis 8 (this is the only set without errors).
    2. A set in Umbra/Presets which the tip says to apply to the figure. This set is also included in the product metadata but appears to be incorrectly tagged to BOTH Genesis 8.1 Female and Umbra Outfit
    3. A set in Umbra/Presets/Genesis 8.1 which the tip says to apply to the figure. This set is in DJL format but not included in the product metadata. These links simply point to set #2.

It is impossible to figure out from this mess how to use the presets. Can you please confirm if your presets are intended to be used on the Genesis 8 / Genesis 8.1 figures only, or are there presets also intended to be used on the outfit itself? In that case which are for Genesis 8.1 and which are for the outfit?

EDIT: On Genesis 8.1 the material presets don't work, giving an "operation failed" error on load, see log:

2022-07-03 07:36:15.707 Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Herschel Hoffmeyer/Umbra/Materials/01 Bra Top/Umbra Bra 02A Lace Sheer Black.duf
    2022-07-03 07:36:15.738 Determining missing assets...
    2022-07-03 07:36:15.807 Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.
    2022-07-03 07:36:15.807 Error loading asset: E:/DAZ3D/My Library/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/herschel hoffmeyer/umbra/materials/01 bra top/umbra bra 02a lace sheer black.duf
    2022-07-03 07:36:15.807 Operation failed

EDIT: In the parameters tab there are duplicate sliders for the figure; one with a G8 suffix and one without. Which to use on which figure?

Very annoying that the update boinked this otherwise excellent product.

Post edited by cridgit on
  • cridgit said:

Herschel

You may not have noticed but someting appears to have gone awry with the micropressure presets in the update (incorrect packaging + metadata). There are three sets of micropressure presets:

1. A set in Umbra/Presets/Genesis 8 which the tip says to apply to the figure. This set is included in the product metadata and is correctly tagged to Genesis 8 (this is the only set without errors).
    2. A set in Umbra/Presets which the tip says to apply to the figure. This set is also included in the product metadata but appears to be incorrectly tagged to BOTH Genesis 8.1 Female and Umbra Outfit
    3. A set in Umbra/Presets/Genesis 8.1 which the tip says to apply to the figure. This set is in DJL format but not included in the product metadata. These links simply point to set #2.

It is impossible to figure out from this mess how to use the presets. Can you please confirm if your presets are intended to be used on the Genesis 8 / Genesis 8.1 figures only, or are there presets also intended to be used on the outfit itself? In that case which are for Genesis 8.1 and which are for the outfit?

EDIT: On Genesis 8.1 the material presets don't work, giving an "operation failed" error on load, see log:

2022-07-03 07:36:15.707 Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Herschel Hoffmeyer/Umbra/Materials/01 Bra Top/Umbra Bra 02A Lace Sheer Black.duf
    2022-07-03 07:36:15.738 Determining missing assets...
    2022-07-03 07:36:15.807 Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.
    2022-07-03 07:36:15.807 Error loading asset: E:/DAZ3D/My Library/people/genesis 8 female/clothing/herschel hoffmeyer/umbra/materials/01 bra top/umbra bra 02a lace sheer black.duf
    2022-07-03 07:36:15.807 Operation failed

EDIT: In the parameters tab there are duplicate sliders for the figure; one with a G8 suffix and one without. Which to use on which figure?

Very annoying that the update boinked this otherwise excellent product.

Published Artists don't mess with the meta data so I would submit a ticket as that is out of my hands and not something that I can fix. However, te update should not have messed with many of the things you mentioned as the update I submitted only alters the morphs of the Genesis figure (removing the teeth problem) and not the items.

As far as which micropressure morphs to use, the ones that end with G8F are the corrected ones and were the only ones that needed fixing.