Umbra Outfit for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females [Commercial]

Comments

• tskme said:

Cybersamurai micropressure also doesn't work with gen8.

Don't understand why vendors don't put those morphs in the G8F structure, 8.1 will them have them anyways then, no?

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

tskme said:

Cybersamurai micropressure also doesn't work with gen8.

Don't understand why vendors don't put those morphs in the G8F structure, 8.1 will them have them anyways then, no?

This product was wrapped up and submitted prior to knowing these are not backward compatible. Going forward, if a outfit is to support both G8 and G8.1F, the base will be built off the G8F. However, a problem still lies with a G8F outfit not being able to support G8.1F character shapes since you can't morph in these shapes on a G8F and if saved on a G8.1F figure creates hiccups. frown

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Bought it. Hopefully the patch will be out tomorrow when I have next time for some Daz smiley

Yay, the update's out! (At least for base, not sure if there was supposed to be a second one for Samurai?)

Anyone else have an issue where the micropressure mods mess up the (g8) characters teeth?

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Same here, the teeth and tongue are messed up on g8; with every added mp, they become more distorted.

Also I have an issue on g8.1 with another protruding bit from the right leg mp.

Clipboard01.jpg
    991 x 777 - 71K
    Clipboard02.jpg
    1043 x 826 - 82K
    Clipboard03.jpg
    1002 x 792 - 94K
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited October 2021

G8F micropressure morphs indeed do affect vertices in the character mouth. Note that it also happens on G8.1F except to a lesser degree (no mouth realism nor any HD morphs on both test characters so G8.1F mouth geometry should be smooth too).

Looks like some HD morphs were saved along the micropressure morphs.

It might be something left from Sayble G8.1 because this figure full body morph adds detailing to the mouth (weirdly enough, Sayble separate head details leave the inside of the mouth smooth).

test_1.jpg
    1854 x 3000 - 1M
    test_2.jpg
    1854 x 3000 - 930K
    Post edited by PixelSploiting on

It still looks pretty good as long as I keep the mouth closed:

umbra daz.jpg
    1080 x 1440 - 462K
  • I will get a fix for this submitted this week. Yeah, I think it has something to do with the translation of the morph. Going forward with further products like these, that will not be reliant of Umbra and will be made to just work with G8.1 F and not G8F. Supporting both has just become a headache.

In case you're wondering, the switch of your G8F characters to G8.1F is super easy. Just save your character material and shape and then load both on a base G8.1F. G8.1F supports everything from G8F flawlessly. Going backwards though is the exact opposite. :(

My upcoming "space Marine" suit will be built for G8M&F but all lingerie styled wearables/outfits will be just for G8.1F. This is mostly because of dealing with the micropressure morphs.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Why make an 8.1 version at all? All mystique mps work perfectly with 8.1, the issue comes when you try to apply 8.1 stuff to 8.

• ioonrxoon said:

Why make an 8.1 version at all? All mystique mps work perfectly with 8.1, the issue comes when you try to apply 8.1 stuff to 8.

You can't support any 8.1 character shapes if it is built for only G8F. 

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Hi Herschel,

Thanks for working on the fix... I just wanted to give you my experience with the latest version of you product which I downloaded on 21/10/21. I had created a discussion in the commons not knowing about this thread. I'll just copy/paste what i wrote there. Again these issues are present as of the latest version downloaded on 21/10/21.

---------

None of the pressure morphs work with G8F despite the outfit being advertised to be compatible with the G8F figure. In addition, the Umbra Strap Arm Right Micro Pressure PRESET does not work properly with the G8.1F. Hand poses only work for G8.1F.

Let me be more specific.

G8F figure:

None of the micro pressure morphs work, they don't even show up in the parameters tab or shaping tab. Hand poses do not work either.

G8.1F figure:

All ON and OFF micro pressure morphs work with the exception of the ON Umbra Strap Arm RIGHT Micro Pressure. The ON PRESET applies the micro pressure on the LEFT side, and the morph slider (for the right arm) doesn't show up in the parameters tab. However it does show up in the shaping tab and it does work when you move the slider. Pressing the OFF PRESET for the right arm will correctly remove the morph. Hand poses work but they move the figure back to the origin.

The hand poses are for the add-on https://www.daz3d.com/cyber-samurai-expansion-for-umbra-outfit

----------

Cheers.

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 587
    edited October 2021

I think something is being changed in the PASS process as there has been 3 updates released already with DAZ testers confirming the fix. N3p3nth3 posted a render above of the G8F with some of the morphs applied (quoted above "Yay, the update's out! (At least for base, not sure if there was supposed to be a second one for Samurai?)").  That means some people are getting the update and others are not which is very weird. I have had mutliple people contact and message me saying there has been no updates for the product which is not correct. This may be a problem with DIM or Daz. Daz has tested and processed the updates though so this may be something out of my control.

What I'm going to do is go over and make sure everything is working on my end, including the teeth problem, and provide you access to my file that I will send to PASS to assure you that you get the update. This of course can only contain data info as someone without the product files cannot make use of it. I think data info is the only thing needed here anyways. 

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Thanks Herschel. Knowing you're tackling the issue is enough for me. 

Cheers.

edited October 2021

N00b4Ever said:

Hi Herschel,

Thanks for working on the fix... I just wanted to give you my experience with the latest version of you product which I downloaded on 21/10/21. I had created a discussion in the commons not knowing about this thread. I'll just copy/paste what i wrote there. Again these issues are present as of the latest version downloaded on 21/10/21.

---------

None of the pressure morphs work with G8F despite the outfit being advertised to be compatible with the G8F figure. In addition, the Umbra Strap Arm Right Micro Pressure PRESET does not work properly with the G8.1F. Hand poses only work for G8.1F.

Let me be more specific.

G8F figure:

None of the micro pressure morphs work, they don't even show up in the parameters tab or shaping tab. Hand poses do not work either.

G8.1F figure:

All ON and OFF micro pressure morphs work with the exception of the ON Umbra Strap Arm RIGHT Micro Pressure. The ON PRESET applies the micro pressure on the LEFT side, and the morph slider (for the right arm) doesn't show up in the parameters tab. However it does show up in the shaping tab and it does work when you move the slider. Pressing the OFF PRESET for the right arm will correctly remove the morph. Hand poses work but they move the figure back to the origin.

The hand poses are for the add-on https://www.daz3d.com/cyber-samurai-expansion-for-umbra-outfit

----------

Cheers.

I can definitely confirm I've had multiple updates before the 21st, including around the time I posted the pic with the morphs working.

Did you use central or dim to install? Maybe uninstall and try the other? I've been swamped with work so I couldn't test everything to the degree you seem to have done, but all the morphs seemed to work with g8 - even if one of them - the corset? - had the morph misnamed to refer to the stockings or something, even in the final update.

I'll see if I can try things out more extensively, I'm 14 hours into a render that is a bit too ambitious for my rig right now. :) 

Edit: I have two sets of morphs showing up in smart content, 8 and 8.1, and I apply them to the character - I'm sure this is not your case, but just for clarity's sake.

Post edited by N3p3nth3 on

Hi N3p3nth3, 

Thanks for your reply. I'm using DIM. I downloaded the file from my product page but after comparing files, it is the same that I have.

I will uninstall, delete the files (including the .dsx) and redownload from DIM and report my findings here.

Cheers.

edited October 2021

Ok, reporting my findings after uninstalling/deleting and reinstalling,

G8F figure:

Micro-pressures - All micro pressures work for G8F they now show up in the shaping and parameters tab. However the micro pressure for the vest (cyber samurai add-on) is not present. Is not in the G8F folder and does not show up in the parameters or shaping tabs.

Teeth issues - yup... that is scary. Applying all micro pressures one at a time with mouth open you can see how each of them deforms the teeth... very scary and on topic given we are approaching halloween.

Hand poses - none of them work for G8F

G8.1F figure:

Micro-pressures - All micro pressure works. The main PRESETS folder contain the vest micro-pressure (cyber samurai add-on), but the G8.1F folder does not. The right arm strap micro pressure does not work, however you can apply the G8F preset to the G8.1F figure.

Teeth issues - they occour at a minor degree, I couldn't see any distortion when applying the top, the corset or the vest. everthing else (i.e. the limbs) does create distortion. Havin said that, if you check "show hidden properties" in the parameters tab you will see that the top bra and the vest mp morphs add two morphs from Sayble. I don't own that character. these sliders move along with each of the main sliders e.g. top bra Sayble with top bra mp and vest Sayble with vest mp. If you move the Sayble slider individually (down to zero fro example while keeping the main slider at 100) you will see distortion on the teeth.

These Sayble sliders do not show up in the G8F figure when applying the mp.

Hand poses: they work without issues

That concludes my assessment. Hope it helps you in some way.

Cheers.

Post edited by N00b4Ever on
  • Thank you all for being so patient! Also thank you for confirming that the previous updates are live and available. No need now to share files and I'll proceed how daz intends to update your products. Two updates were submitted to Daz.

Umbra Update #4:

1. Fixes all micropressure morphs (G8F & G8.1F) that were morphing the teeth and other non-intended areas.

Cyber-Samurai Update #1

1. Poses now work with G8F.
    2. Vest micropressure morph now works with G8F.
    3. Vest micropressure morphs does not morph teeth.

Once these get tested they should be out and available soon! I'll post here when they're available.

• tskmetskme Posts: 25

Thank you for the fast fix and for keeping us posted!

• Umbra update #4 should be available now!

Cyber Samurai Update #1 has some fixes to do so will need a bit more time.

Thanks Herschel. 

I can confirm the update showed up in my DIM. I'll wait for the Cyber Samurai update and do another assessment and share my findings here.

Cheers.

Teeth are still getting messed up for me on genesis 8 models with everything up to date.

edited October 2021

N3p3nth3 said:

Teeth are still getting messed up for me on genesis 8 models with everything up to date.

The latest update (#4) disables those polygons from being affected. This was confirmed by the testers at daz. I would try a fresh install of the files while deleteing all old files attached to the outfit.

A way to quickly know if you have the wrong morph files is to

1. select your G8F character

2. right click in the parameters tab pane and select "edit mode"

3. right-click on morph and select "select morph vertices"

This will show you all of the topology on the G8F being effected. If you see the teeth highlighted, then that's the wrong morph files.

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

N3p3nth3 said:

The latest update (#4) disables those polygons from being affected. This was confirmed by the testers at daz. I would try a fresh install of the files while deleteing all old files attached to the outfit.

A way to quickly know if you have the wrong morph files is to

1. select your G8F character

2. right click in the parameters tab pane and select "edit mode"

3. right-click on morph and select "select morph vertices"

This will show you all of the topology on the G8F being effected. If you see the teeth highlighted, then that's the wrong morph files.

Not sure what to tell you. Even after the deletion and a fresh install of both Umbra products through DIM, applying the HD morphs on a genesis 8 female leads to teeth that are mangled and coming partially through the tongue. 

I also removed the DIM install again and did a second reinstall via Daz Connect - still the same.

• I double checked just to make sure everything is working. Since they are HD morphs though I think the file is to large to upload here (over 100 mbs). I would submit a ticket to Daz as you're not getting update #4/correct files.

• Thanks for being so responsive

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

I double checked just to make sure everything is working. Since they are HD morphs though I think the file is to large to upload here (over 100 mbs). I would submit a ticket to Daz as you're not getting update #4/correct files.

Thanks, will do. 

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

I double checked just to make sure everything is working. Since they are HD morphs though I think the file is to large to upload here (over 100 mbs). I would submit a ticket to Daz as you're not getting update #4/correct files.

Can confirm, that one does not get update #4  via dim. I uninstalled via dim and deleted remaining morph files manually from my drive. Reinstalled the available umbra package via dim again.

Still the issue with the teeth and the not working right arm morph for 8.1.

edited November 2021

So update #4 is not available? or you have installed update #4 and the problem still exists? Two different problems here.

Update #4 for Umbra has been live. Yesterday I updated it with a comment stating that users were having trouble receiving this update or the update files were not correct.

If the update is not showing up in your DIM I would submit a ticket to Daz.

Edite: The Readme in the update file should say what update # it is.

• Doesn't work for me either (manual install). The file is bigger than the one I previously downloaded (308mb), but none of the issues are fixed.