UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Steel Rat said:

daveso said:

i think it might depend on where the camera is pointing. Also how high the terrain is above the ground plane. its difficult to position the USC and XT with the size ... in my opinion. Is there a way to lower or hieghten the ground plane?  

It's an even bigger problem when you have to have your main characters near 0,0,0 to prevent iray artefacts when rendering.

I did lower the XT set because of this. So maybe that has something to do with it. The biggest downfall of XT is camera placement, IMHO. 

I bet lowering the XT terrain could the cause of your problem. It seems like that would make the altitudes lower, probably below the snow altitude level. When I get a chance, I'll try that and see what happens.

Nope, my guess was wrong. I can't reproduce a lack of snow by lowering the UltraSceneryXT object.

• I tried lowering the Y coordinate of UltraSceneryXT to -25000 in the Parameters pane and I moved my camera down by the same amount. The scene rendered the same way, with the snow.
    • Then after lowering it, I made a tiny change to the noise parameters to force it to rebuild the terrain, and it still rendered with snow.
    • Then I positioned a 2 meter red cube primitive on top of a snowy mountain. I parented the UltraSceneryXT object and camera to the cube and moved the cube to 0,0,0. The mountain still had snow.
    • Then I created a second camera and zoomed in on the cube. The mountain the cube was on top of still had the snow.

Did you lower it in the Parameters pane or in the UltraSceneryXT Terrain Properties pane? Remember that not all the mountains in Vernon have snow, so your camera angle could be looking at one without snow, I suppose. Since forum attachments are not working properly, it is difficult to share here these days.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585
    edited July 2023

Steel Rat said:

Coming back to trying yo use this after a hiatus. Fresh install.

I can get the terrain to generate, but none of the terrain maps seem correct.

This is the Vernon preset, which should be snow-capped peaks with green terrain. No matter which preset or terrain material I use, it comes out like this.

I would just encourage you to look for taller mountains in the scene to find the snow capped peaks. I rendered this from a similar point of view as your pic but then zoomed out to fit in a taller mtn.

vernon.png
    1600 x 800 - 2M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • I click on the script and I get tne not responding message.

• ,US Realistic Landscape System, everything in regular content dir., nothing in scripts or plugins, installed by Daz Connect

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,075

lenjen09_a04520c3aa said:

,US Realistic Landscape System, everything in regular content dir., nothing in scripts or plugins, installed by Daz Connect

I'm not sure if this is going to solve your problem, but US XT is actually a separate pane, so you have to go to Window->Panes and add UltraScenery XT from there.

• I went to windows pane, but what am I supposed to click on?

• Another one called expansive is showing terrains to load are labeled propereties, but when you go to the files in the dir. they are in the presets folder.

• lenjen09_a04520c3aa said:

Another one called expansive is showing terrains to load are labeled propereties, but when you go to the files in the dir. they are in the presets folder.

If they were not in the proper folder they would not have their content type shown at all. They are Properties presets, files that apply more than one type of setting (or a setting that doesn't have a distinct preset type) to items that are selected in the scene. The presets are used to apply settings to XT.

Are you looking in the Windows menu, in the Panes(Tabs) sub-directory?

• edited August 2023

The user guide says launch the script in the US Realistic Landscape System, the screen goes white opaque with the message, not responding. The Expansive Landscape System  is the one you tell me to go to and click on what icon in the Windows Pane?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • My laptop seems to have posted the first entry in error, the lowewr entry is the one i typed. I am on my Computer now.

• The Window menu - between Connect and Scripts or Help, depending on whether you or an add-on have created the Scripts menu.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bck4m37m8hcwlhtr6o7bv/UltraSceneryXT-menu.jpg?rlkey=vbcnncflrurtdyzwc9c9zp80y&dl=0

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,453
    edited August 2023

The user guide says launch the script in the US Realistic Landscape System, the screen goes white opaque with the message, not responding. The Expansive Landscape System  is the one you tell me to go to and click on what icon in the Windows Pane?

Within

Daz Studio. the menu across the top...goto  WINDOW >>> PANES >>> go down to ULTRASCENERYXT
    when you get that tab, there is a PLUS(+) sign ..click it and you can then create new terrain.  

Post edited by daveso on
  • I do not have that in my window pane.

• I looked at the product page and it is listed as Plugin, should it have been installed outside of Daz Connect?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,524

I looked at the product page and it is listed as Plugin, should it have been installed outside of Daz Connect?

Plugins should always be installed using DIM. Never ever try to install plugins on your own as you are very likely to fail,

edited August 2023

UltraScenery - Realiztic Landscale System is a script based product. That is NOT the product that this thread is about. It should never be installed with Daz Connect. It simply will not work that way. It should be installed with DIM.

UltraSceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System is a plugin product. That IS the product that this thread is about. It should not be installed with Daz Connect. It should be installed with DIM.

These are two different products for two different purposes. Both products come with user manuals. Do not confuse the two.

Post edited by barbult on
  • I solved both problems by installing the content with Content Wizard.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

Using DAZStudio 4,21, i scann use all my ultra scenery stuff but wnen i try to use ultrascenery XT preset i have always have this message

Error opening file
    an error occured afterreading the file see the log file...... but i have save the log.txt and i cannot lload here in the forum so....

I have read some suggestion on internet like

''You need to use the Create menu and then pick "New UltraSceneryXT Terrain..." - this will generate a default terrain. You can then (with it selected in the scene tab) apply the preset of your choice''

but i cannot find this in create menu

I have reinstalled it with IM00084924-01_UltraSceneryXTExpansiveLandscapeSystem.zip

Some i cannot open the preset

So if someone can help with this ..i will appreciate very much

THANKS

I am using DAZStudio  with Windows 11 ( NDVidia RTX 3660 Ti, 64 GB DDR5 ram..)

• Martial said:

Using DAZStudio 4,21, i scann use all my ultra scenery stuff but wnen i try to use ultrascenery XT preset i have always have this message

Error opening file
    an error occured afterreading the file see the log file...... but i have save the log.txt and i cannot lload here in the forum so....

''You need to use the Create menu and then pick "New UltraSceneryXT Terrain..." - this will generate a default terrain. You can then (with it selected in the scene tab) apply the preset of your choice''

I have reinstalled it with IM00084924-01_UltraSceneryXTExpansiveLandscapeSystem.zip

THANKS

What method did you use to install the product?

UltrasceneryXT needs to be installed using DIM, manual install doesn't work.  Never, ever, ever try to install using DAZ connect. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Martial said:

Error opening file

THANKS

Did you install the plug-in as well as the content? Is it listed in Help>About Installed Plug-ins, and if so what is its status?

edited September 2023

Thanks Richard It is not listed there

for info the plugin and content are installed there in my system

In D:\DAZStudio4 64 bits\plugins\UltraSceneryXT\libUltraSceneryXT.dll also included  here an Images folder
    in D:\DAZStudio4 64 bits\My Library\Environments\landscapes\UltrasceneryXT  and all content folders as Materials, Plants, Presets. Ressources. Sunsky, Water

Richard Haseltine said:

Martial said:

Error opening file

THANKS

Did you install the plug-in as well as the content? Is it listed in Help>About Installed Plug-ins, and if so what is its status?

• So is the Daz Studio application file you are running in D:\DAZStudio4 64 bits\?

edited September 2023

YES, the exe file is there

OUPS i just verify the short cut i use from my desktop .It point  to a backup in a other hd  even it seems working ok

I change it to point inside D:\DAZStudio4 64 bits\ and now Ultraxcenery work OK

Many thanks Richard

Richard Haseltine said:

So is the Daz Studio application file you are running in D:\DAZStudio4 64 bits\?

• OK, glad that is sorted. For plug-ins daz Studio checks only the location it is launched for, it isn't like content where there can be multiple active content directories.

• drucdruc Posts: 346

I bought this before I could actually render it, same as UltraScenery. Now I can, I love it. A request. I notice your latest offering is Desert Botanica - Bundle and UltraSceneryXT - Desert to match. Are you going to add XT  versions of your previous released ecology and botanica. Specifically Australian. I would love this.

• drucdruc Posts: 346

And I would also like a Great planes XT add on for "Western" renders.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited September 2023
    I swear there was a mention of a new and improved USXT in the works but I can't find where it was mentioned. It could've been a dream that I had.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AnEye4Art said:

I swear there was a mention of a new and improved USXT in the works but I can't find where it was mentioned. It could've been a dream that I had.

It's regular Ultrascenery that he's working on updating. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8258266/#Comment_8258266 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045
    edited September 2023

First time using UltraSceneryXT and added an UtraScenery to it, then it grew, as these things do :)

Returning Home

2023-09-05 21:23:48.290 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 21 minutes 4.82 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Needing A Carwash

2023-09-06 07:33:41.161 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 19 minutes 1.24 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Post edited by Fishtales on