UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,918
    edited June 2023

Somewhere in the tropics

Thanks to the tip by @barbult the Archipelago preset turned out quite nicely.

Please right click the image and select view in new tab\window to see it in the proper resolution.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

You just right click on the image and choose width less or equal 800 pixels.

which is a maximum width that forum allows.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,918

Artini said:

You just right click on the image and choose width less or equal 800 pixels.

which is a maximum width that forum allows.

Ah, thank you.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,156

I always marvel at how much you get into a scene. I even see the helicopter.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,440
    edited June 2023

a simple scene.  I've been back at trying XT ... I still think its difficult to manuever it. 

finally got it uploaded

the path enh5.jpg
    800 x 640 - 836K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Nice work.

I call this 'remote island'.

Romote Island.png
    1800 x 1112 - 3M

Great images, everyone.

edited June 2023

Another island. This time with a cove.

Another Island.png
    1800 x 1112 - 4M
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on

Nice one, @AnEye4Art

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325

The Ultrascenery XT Desert  Moduel is out now!

Loads of new settings, and a perfect background to the US Desert Bundle. 

Great, that it is for UltrSceneryXT. Looking forward to experiment with it.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

Martin, if anything, undersells this product.

There's 8 new terrain presets, 3 vegetation biomes, 3 water shaders, 4 cactus props and 5 material presets.

https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--desert

Cheers,

Alex.

• Already bought. I can't wait to check it out.

• Has anybody gotten the desert presets to look like the thumbnails? I'm getting a lot of level plains.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,066
    edited June 2023

From the "And now for something completely different" category to do quick, low-effort test of the USXT desert, which I just got installed.

No, I'm seeing mountains. The immediate foreground is USC desert but everything beyond the river is USXT.

Lost.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1005K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

jhogenboom_da69c035a9 said:

Has anybody gotten the desert presets to look like the thumbnails? I'm getting a lot of level plains.

Is it all presets?  If so might reinstall the pack. I only tried the one due to time but will check later.

DryLake copy.jpg
    1884 x 922 - 2M
  • Yeah, the presets are the problem. I've done a few by hand that worked, but the presets got me nothing. Salt Lake, for instance, looks like a big flat white box.I've uninstalled, reinstalled and tried both DAZ 4.21 regular and Beta. Same thing. Hmmmm.

• Looks like the second reinstall of Ultrasceneryxt has done the job and I've got mountains. Yay!

yesyesyesyesyes
    In the cart, soon to be on a screen near you.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,066
    edited July 2023

To be fair, Ultrascenery Desert is really the star here, but there's USXT Desert in the background, doing what it does.

TrailRide.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 794K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325

paulawp (marahzen) said:

To be fair, Ultrascenery Desert is really the star here, but there's USXT Desert in the background, doing what it does.

Nice image, and well used products, thanks for sharing them!  

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 373

Coming back to trying yo use this after a hiatus. Fresh install.

I can get the terrain to generate, but none of the terrain maps seem correct.

This is the Vernon preset, which should be snow-capped peaks with green terrain. No matter which preset or terrain material I use, it comes out like this.

XTTest1.png
    1200 x 1200 - 3M
    edited July 2023

Steel Rat said:

Coming back to trying yo use this after a hiatus. Fresh install.

I can get the terrain to generate, but none of the terrain maps seem correct.

This is the Vernon preset, which should be snow-capped peaks with green terrain. No matter which preset or terrain material I use, it comes out like this.

After you selected the Vernon preset, did you click the Apply button to apply the selected preset? If not, it won't "take". I've forgotten to click Apply more than once. blush

I don't think your Vernon looks that far off. I see the green "grass" area on low slope areas. Snow will only be on high peaks (you can change that in the surfaces settings). Rotate your camera around and see if you can find a snowy peak. I see snow when looking at the Front view in my Vernon render.

USXT Vernon Preset.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

After you selected the Vernon preset, did you click the Apply button to apply the selected preset? If not, it won't "take". I've forgotten to click Apply more than once. blush

I don't think your Vernon looks that far off. I see the green "grass" area on low slope areas. Snow will only be on high peaks (you can change that in the surfaces settings). Rotate your camera around and see if you can find a snowy peak. I see snow when looking at the Front view in my Vernon render.

Well, I kinda expect a preset to look, y'know, like the preset. It isn't anywhere near as green as it should be, and no snow anywhere. And yes, I did hit apply. I had to do a LOT of fiddling with the surfaces to get any snow at all to show, and even then not very much. The other snowy presets aren't much better. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067

There are two things you need to do, set the ground colour and the ecology. I've missed setting the ground colour before.

Regards

Richard

richardandtracy said:

There are two things you need to do, set the ground colour and the ecology. I've missed setting the ground colour before.

Regards

Richard

Presets do that automatically. Or at least they should. If not, can you specify where that is set? Thanks! 

Yes, presets do that automatically. It is still a mystery why the Vernon preset has snow for me but not for you.

i think it might depend on where the camera is pointing. Also how high the terrain is above the ground plane. its difficult to position the USC and XT with the size ... in my opinion. Is there a way to lower or hieghten the ground plane?  

daveso said:

i think it might depend on where the camera is pointing. Also how high the terrain is above the ground plane. its difficult to position the USC and XT with the size ... in my opinion. Is there a way to lower or hieghten the ground plane?  

It's an even bigger problem when you have to have your main characters near 0,0,0 to prevent iray artefacts when rendering.

I did lower the XT set because of this. So maybe that has something to do with it. The biggest downfall of XT is camera placement, IMHO.