UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• ZW said:

Hello, I just purchased this product allong with some add-ons during the current sale but I'm having all sorts of problems with it. Please note that I install everything manually but I've been doing so since 2006 and I never ran into major issues. The problems I am getting are this...

1: The accelerator won't show that's it's installed (won't show the new logo). My guess is that has something to do with missing DLL for windows 64 bit. I can't download that part manually since it's not an option for manual installation in the product's download page.

2: If I start ultrascenery from the script itself things like features, ecologies etc. appear (expect the water pack stuff for some reason). But if I start the script in Daz Studio itself all the features and the ecologies are gone/blank.

3: If I click build, nothing happens and my GPU, CPU stay at 1-3% usage. So it's like nothing is happening and I let run for like an hour or so.

Any suggestions or help? Especially from people who have installed this product manually before.

Thanks.

Plugins should be installed using DIM to ensure correct installation.

If you really have\want to do it manually, download IM00074497-02_AcceleratorforUltraSceneryforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip , extract it to a temp folder and place the libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll file in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins. Be sure that DS is not running while you do that. Also download IM00074497-01_AcceleratorforUltraScenery.zip and extract it to your library (again, DIM is the preferred method for installation).

Start the script in DS and after the "blank\missing" ecologies have loaded, look at the log (Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File) and see what it says.

• ZWZW Posts: 36
    edited September 2023

Shimrian said:

@ZW Just to reiterate what others have said, you should use DIM to install these products. There is a slight learning curve on how to set the DIM up, but once done (via settings and advanced settings), it is very convenient. I was resistant to DIM for a while, but eventually caved because so many useful products (addons/plugins) need it to install correctly.

I've tried DIM before, had no problems using it and it's fine if people like to use it too. But the problem is that in my case I created so many new textures for many of the products, created tons of new morphs, etc. and I can't keep track of them all because of the size of my library. So if I re-install everything from scratch with DIM, I will lose a lot of things I did (even though I made backups here and there). I also create my own original content and I obviously cannot install my content via DIM. So DIM is not an option for me or lessthan ideal I would say.

Post edited by ZW on

DoctorJellybean said:

ZW said:

Hello, I just purchased this product allong with some add-ons during the current sale but I'm having all sorts of problems with it. Please note that I install everything manually but I've been doing so since 2006 and I never ran into major issues. The problems I am getting are this...

1: The accelerator won't show that's it's installed (won't show the new logo). My guess is that has something to do with missing DLL for windows 64 bit. I can't download that part manually since it's not an option for manual installation in the product's download page.

2: If I start ultrascenery from the script itself things like features, ecologies etc. appear (expect the water pack stuff for some reason). But if I start the script in Daz Studio itself all the features and the ecologies are gone/blank.

3: If I click build, nothing happens and my GPU, CPU stay at 1-3% usage. So it's like nothing is happening and I let run for like an hour or so.

Any suggestions or help? Especially from people who have installed this product manually before.

Thanks.

Plugins should be installed using DIM to ensure correct installation.

If you really have\want to do it manually, download IM00074497-02_AcceleratorforUltraSceneryforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip , extract it to a temp folder and place the libUltraSceneryAccelerator.dll file in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins. Be sure that DS is not running while you do that. Also download IM00074497-01_AcceleratorforUltraScenery.zip and extract it to your library (again, DIM is the preferred method for installation).

Start the script in DS and after the "blank\missing" ecologies have loaded, look at the log (Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File) and see what it says.

I never had issues with other plugins that I have installed manually, only this one. I can't download the file IM00074497-02_AcceleratorforUltraSceneryforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip please look at the pics I have attached in my orginal post. I can see it, but I can't download it other than with DIM. Only one part of it can be downloaded manually.

barbult said:

ZW said:

DIM is a requirement? (I wish this was something DAZ would put in the requirements on the product's page, since we can only know after purchase, unless I missed that information somewhere!) If DIM is a requirement, why does the DAZ download page even have some of the parts ready to download manually to begin with?

As for the features and ecologies... they were installed in my "nature" folder instead of the usual "landscape" although I kind of thought that might cause a problem but I never had any issues like that with other products. I mean my folders aren't that drastically different. In the sense that I kept environments, people, props, vehicles and so on as is, it is within these that I reorganized things, otherwise with the amount of content I have in my library, it is far too difficult to find anything fast in a logical way. Regardless and like I said, it's never been a problem before with other products. So this one is a little sensitive.

I'll see if I can manage anything with the "landscape"s folder specifically for this product and hope it works, otherwise if DIM is an absolute requirement I'll probably ask for a refund. Too bad, because it looked like a neat product.

Thanks for trying to help. :)

First of all, you are posting in the wrong thread. This is for the UltraSceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System product. To avoid confusion and have the best chance of getting help, you should be posting UltraScenery - Realistic Landscale System questions here.

1. The Accelerator product page does show that Manual installation is not available for that product.
    2. You cannot move any ecology or feature or water folders. They must remain in their original folder hierarchy for the script to find them.
    3. If this is a deal breaker, return the products, but you will be missing out on one of the best product series in Daz, in my opinion.
    4. By the way, don't ever try to install any UltraScenery related product with Daz Connect (inside Daz Studio). That does not work, because it does not retain the required folder structure.

Thanks for poiting that out! My old eyes, I swear! Second, wrong treat? Ugh, I got this from another link and yeah I can see that now. I don't really want to return it, so I'll see if I can fix this. I'll check my options and thanks for clearing many thing for me. :) 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,209

ZW said:

Shimrian said:

@ZW Just to reiterate what others have said, you should use DIM to install these products. There is a slight learning curve on how to set the DIM up, but once done (via settings and advanced settings), it is very convenient. I was resistant to DIM for a while, but eventually caved because so many useful products (addons/plugins) need it to install correctly.

I've tried DIM before, had no problems using it and it's fine if people like to use it too. But the problem is that in my case I created so many new textures for many of the products, created tons of new morphs, etc. and I can't keep track of them all because of the size of my library which approaches 950 GB when compressed as a backup file. So if I re-install everything from scratch with DIM, I will lose a lot of things I did (even though I made backups here and there). I also create my own original content and I obviously cannot install my content via DIM. So DIM is not an option for me or lessthan ideal I would say.

You can install your own content with DIM if you package it appropriately. I do it frequently. I also package things from places like ShareCG and Renderosity for DIM installation. I use Content Package Assist.

• ZW said:

I never had issues with other plugins that I have installed manually, only this one. I can't download the file
     IM00074497-02_AcceleratorforUltraSceneryforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip please look at the pics I have attached in my orginal post. I can see it, but I can't download it other than with DIM. Only one part of it can be downloaded manually.

You can download it with DIM (uncheck the option to install after download) and then manually install it.

ZW said:

Thanks for poiting that out! My old eyes, I swear! Second, wrong treat? Ugh, I got this from another link and yeah I can see that now. I don't really want to return it, so I'll see if I can fix this. I'll check my options and thanks for clearing many thing for me. :) 

I am always willing to help with UltraScenery problems. Please post future questions in the other thread, so we keep all UltraScenery information in the right place. All this discussion here will confuse people looking for UltraSceneryXT information. I understand it was a simple mistake, and easy to make.

I don't know why Daz won't make the Accelerator plugin dll file available for manual download. There is no technical reason why it cannot be installed manually. I submitted a help request about that issue long long ago.They declined to make it available.

edited September 2023

If you decide to download the Accelerator with DIM, be sure to configure DIM with the gear icon before downloading product content files, so files go where you want them to go. If you have a huge content library, it can take DIM some time to populate the whole list. Clicking the specific link on the Product Library page to download the specific file you want, makes it much faster, it seems to me, because it filters to just that product.

Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

ZW said:

I am always willing to help with UltraScenery problems. Please post future questions in the other thread, so we keep all UltraScenery information in the right place. All this discussion here will confuse people looking for UltraSceneryXT information. I understand it was a simple mistake, and easy to make.

I don't know why Daz won't make the Accelerator plugin dll file available for manual download. There is no technical reason why it cannot be installed manually. I submitted a help request about that issue long long ago.They declined to make it available.

I see (for the dll thing :/) happy to know that were were able to read trough all my typos above. (I'll leave more comments in the right place next time) Quick note before I change forum area, after putting the file folders untouched, other than the accelerator I think everything seems like it's working fine now. In any case, thanks again.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,882
    edited September 2023

UltraSceneryXT with a custom height map...

custom12pic04y.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 658K
    Post edited by Artini on

I posted this information in the 4.21.0.9 Public Build thread, but it needs to be here where UltraSceneryXT users can see it, too. This 4.22 ground fog problem was first identified and reported by paulawp (marahzen).

Something has drastically changed between 4.21.0.5 and 4.22.0.9. Using the sun-sky presets for XT that turn on the ground fog, makes the image extremely dark in 4.22.0.9. The UltraScenery XT ground shader doesn't even seem to work the same way, even with all fog OFF in Render Settings.

Here is a comparison between the same saved scene file with Ground Fog Off and Matte Fog Off, rendered in 4.21.0.5 General Release and 4.22.0.9 Public Build.

Here is a comparison between the same saved scene file with Ground Fog On  and Matte Fog Off, rendered in 4.21.0.5 General Release and 4.22.0.9 Public Build.

Settings for the scene:

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,894
    edited December 2023

There is definitely a bug* with ground fog in 4.22 that I've noticed in non-US scenes. I recommend reducing scales by two decimal places (star tand end) for now.

* Bug or change in intended behavior

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • Oso3D said:

There is definitely a bug* with ground fog in 4.22 that I've noticed in non-US scenes. I recommend reducing scales by two decimal places (star tand end) for now.

In my testing with the render presets in UltraSceneryXT - Materials and Skies you can change the Ground Fog Decay Height from 75000 to 750 and this seems to fix the issue. Which I would think is the same as you adjusting the scales by 2 decimal places. Seems like the Iray implementation has made the volumetrics a couple of orders of magnitude denser than before (or a decimal has been misplaced or something in Studio) Maybe the units were changed from centimetres to metres?
  • HowieFarkes said:

Oso3D said:

In my testing with the render presets in UltraSceneryXT - Materials and Skies you can change the Ground Fog Decay Height from 75000 to 750 and this seems to fix the issue. Which I would think is the same as you adjusting the scales by 2 decimal places. Seems like the Iray implementation has made the volumetrics a couple of orders of magnitude denser than before (or a decimal has been misplaced or something in Studio) Maybe the units were changed from centimetres to metres?

Thanks, that definitely fixes the almost-dark problem and gets it to render reasonably. As Barbult notes, something seems amiss with the ground textures of the USXT portion of this image, which I can't test to a great extent in 4.22. I've only just installed the beta a few days ago and it's not seeing a some of my content (and all of my plugins and scripts). 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

HowieFarkes said:

Oso3D said:

Thanks, that definitely fixes the almost-dark problem and gets it to render reasonably. As Barbult notes, something seems amiss with the ground textures of the USXT portion of this image, which I can't test to a great extent in 4.22. I've only just installed the beta a few days ago and it's not seeing a some of my content (and all of my plugins and scripts). 

Yes, 4.22.0.9 is not rendering the USXT ground the same way 4.21.0.5 did.
    The DS Beta has its own settings for Content Directory Manager. Make sure all of your content libraries are mapped. There is a script to copy all of your settings, including customization, from one channel (like Release) to another (like Beta). Richard always links to that script. I don't have a handy link right now.

If you didn't have a beta version installed when you installed plugins before, you might need to reinstall them to get DIM to install them to both the Release and Beta.

edited December 2023

I see the USXT ground terrain differences in scenes without water (Water is unchecked in the Ecology section).  It looks like it is rendering the sand that would be underwater instead of the grass on the dry land.

So far, my experiments with water in the XT landscape look OK in 4.22.0.9.

USXT Matte Fog Off Ground Fog On Morning Haze Medium 4.21.0.5 decay height 75000 no water with biome.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    USXT Matte Fog Off Ground Fog On Morning Haze Medium 4.22.0.9 decay height 750 not 75000 no water with biome.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
  • barbult said:

I see the USXT ground terrain differences in scenes without water (Water is unchecked in the Ecology section).  It looks like it is rendering the sand that would be underwater instead of the grass on the dry land.

I'm not getting the same results - but there was an update to the materials earlier this year to address something similar. Are you using the latest versions? (presume you are but have to be sure)
    edited December 2023

HowieFarkes said:

barbult said:

I'm not getting the same results - but there was an update to the materials earlier this year to address something similar. Are you using the latest versions? (presume you are but have to be sure)

DIM doesn't show me any pending updates. Which product should I be checking?  UltraSceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System package date is 2/28/2022 in DIM.

Should I be looking at UltraSceneryXT - Materials and Skies? The version I have is one you gave me to test. That would explain why I don't see a DIM update. I see the product it in DIM, because I installed what you gave me with DIM, but i don't actually have the product in my product library at DAZ, so they don't show me updates. Oops. I'll buy it in the store tonight so I have the correct version. Then I'll see if that makes any difference. All the rest of my UltraScenery XT products are the store version, so I guess I overlooked buying Materials and Skies.

edited December 2023

Well, I purchased and installed the UltraSceneryXT - Materials and Skies and it made no difference at all. 4.22.0.9 still does not render to ground the same was ay 4.21.0.5 when the scene has no water.

I attached my scene file and renders. Fog is off here for simplicity. Not needed anymore

The scene above uses USX Terrain 00 MAT. I see now that it isn't even part of the Materials and Skies product, so no wonder nothing improved in that scene after installing the updated store version of Materials and Skies. I tried USX Terrain 11 MAT, and I don't see the discrepancy between 4.21 and 4.22 that shows up in USX Terrain 00 MAT.
    Uh Oh, now I see that I don't have thw store version of UltraScenery XT - Realistic Landscape System installed either!  That must be my problem. Allowing beta testing versions into my regular DS environment has caused this mess. I'm sorry. My report is probably bogus. I need to go back and clear some of this stuff up. Thanks for helping me realize the problem in my system.

USXT No fog No water Terrain 11 4.21.0.5.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    USXT No fog No water Terrain 11 4.22.0.9.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
  • Unfortunately, I can't be sure what is potentially broken in 4.22 vs what is caused by not having everything available as normal in the beta. Sorry, I'm kind of a newbie - certainly with beta, which I have a week's experience using.

• barbult said:

The scene above uses USX Terrain 00 MAT. I see now that it isn't even part of the Materials and Skies product, so no wonder nothing improved in that scene after installing the updated store version of Materials and Skies. I tried USX Terrain 11 MAT, and I don't see the discrepancy between 4.21 and 4.22 that shows up in USX Terrain 00 MAT.
    Uh Oh, now I see that I don't have thw store version of UltraScenery XT - Realistic Landscape System installed either!  That must be my problem. Allowing beta testing versions into my regular DS environment has caused this mess. I'm sorry. My report is probably bogus. I need to go back and clear some of this stuff up. Thanks for helping me realize the problem in my system.

The issue that came up was that the water level (used to set the sand/underwater shader) in the newer versions of iRay would always come out as positive numbers. So if you set it to -30m it would use +30m. I never could figure why or how that was happening so just rebuilt that part of the shaders.

OK, I cleared out the test stuff and made sure that ALL of my installed XT stuff is the store version and all up to date. Now the ground shader renders just fine in DS 4.22.0.9, even when the scene has no water. My problem was totally my own careless fault, but I have it straightened out now.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Unfortunately, I can't be sure what is potentially broken in 4.22 vs what is caused by not having everything available as normal in the beta. Sorry, I'm kind of a newbie - certainly with beta, which I have a week's experience using.

Are you still seeing ground shader differences between 4.21 and 4.22? I got that resolverd by properly installing the correct version of all the USX products.

• barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Unfortunately, I can't be sure what is potentially broken in 4.22 vs what is caused by not having everything available as normal in the beta. Sorry, I'm kind of a newbie - certainly with beta, which I have a week's experience using.

Are you still seeing ground shader differences between 4.21 and 4.22? I got that resolverd by properly installing the correct version of all the USX products.

It appears that the ground shader is OK. I created a new USXT scene in 4.21, rendered it and saved it, then opened it in 4.22 beta. The vegetation - cactus and desert scrub - didn't make the trip but the ground shaders look OK. (Many of my plugins aren't available over here in 4.22 beta, but I'm primarily just using it to test Face Transfer 2, so I wasn't worried about that.)

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Recently bought UltraSceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System and it seems nothing is loading. Is this the thread to read for beginners with this. Do I perhaps misunderstand... is this an add-on to another program? It seems to be billed as a stand-alone. Although, it isn't loading in UltraScene Creator. or when trying to load any of the environments directly in "UltraSceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System"

2023-12-19 20:37:06.021 [WARNING] :: D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(707): Sync completed with errors, 472 items succeeded, 6 items failed.
    2023-12-19 20:37:06.021 [WARNING] :: Metadata update failed: 472 items succeeded, 6 items failed
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.379 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 02 Wildhorse.duf
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.379 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.379 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.468 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 7
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.468 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.468 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.468 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 02 Wildhorse.duf
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.866 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.891 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.892 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.900 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2023-12-19 20:37:38.900 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 02 wildhorse.duf
        Operation failed
    2023-12-19 20:37:39.129 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:37:39.129 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-19 20:37:42.717 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 01 Vernon.duf
    2023-12-19 20:37:42.717 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:37:42.717 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-19 20:37:42.815 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 7
    2023-12-19 20:37:42.815 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2023-12-19 20:37:42.815 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-19 20:37:42.815 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 01 Vernon.duf
    2023-12-19 20:37:43.215 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-12-19 20:37:43.231 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-12-19 20:37:43.232 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-19 20:37:43.241 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2023-12-19 20:37:43.241 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 01 vernon.duf
        Operation failed
    2023-12-19 20:37:43.313 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:37:43.313 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.448 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 02 Wildhorse.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.448 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.448 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.541 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 7
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.541 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.541 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.541 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 02 Wildhorse.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.935 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.953 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.954 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.964 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2023-12-19 20:38:10.964 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 02 wildhorse.duf
        Operation failed
    2023-12-19 20:38:11.039 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:11.039 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.287 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 03 Tassili.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.287 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.287 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.363 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 7
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.363 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.363 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.363 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 03 Tassili.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.758 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.777 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.777 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.787 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.787 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 03 tassili.duf
        Operation failed
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.859 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:13.859 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:17.872 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 04 Sinai.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:17.872 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:17.872 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:17.956 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 7
    2023-12-19 20:38:17.956 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2023-12-19 20:38:17.956 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-19 20:38:17.956 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 04 Sinai.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:18.353 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-12-19 20:38:18.370 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-12-19 20:38:18.370 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-19 20:38:18.379 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2023-12-19 20:38:18.379 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 04 sinai.duf
        Operation failed
    2023-12-19 20:38:18.452 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:18.452 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.229 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 05 Tenaya.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.229 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.229 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.314 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 7
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.314 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.314 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.314 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 05 Tenaya.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.706 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.727 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.727 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.737 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.737 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 05 tenaya.duf
        Operation failed
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.815 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:22.815 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.146 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 06 Chilko.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.146 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.146 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.232 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 7
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.232 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.232 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.232 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 06 Chilko.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.626 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.643 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.643 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.652 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.652 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 06 chilko.duf
        Operation failed
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.722 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:25.722 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:31.896 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 07 Fairweather.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:31.896 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:31.896 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-12-19 20:38:31.971 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 7
    2023-12-19 20:38:31.971 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2023-12-19 20:38:31.971 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-12-19 20:38:31.971 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 07 Fairweather.duf
    2023-12-19 20:38:32.366 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-12-19 20:38:32.392 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-12-19 20:38:32.392 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-12-19 20:38:32.401 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2023-12-19 20:38:32.401 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 07 fairweather.duf
        Operation failed
    2023-12-19 20:38:32.472 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-12-19 20:38:32.472 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.

loadfail.jpg
    1215 x 586 - 116K
  • It's a standalone product. You use it in a tab. Windows>Panes>UltraSceneryXT Once you get to the tab, you just click on the + to create a new terrain.

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

butterflyfish said:

It's a standalone product. You use it in a tab. Windows>Panes>UltraSceneryXT Once you get to the tab, you just click on the + to create a new terrain.

Thanks, Ugh! after updating my Daz Software installation all renders are suddenly black. or actually very dark red.

testrender1.jpg
    1241 x 861 - 51K
  • Rakuda said:

butterflyfish said:

It's a standalone product. You use it in a tab. Windows>Panes>UltraSceneryXT Once you get to the tab, you just click on the + to create a new terrain.

Thanks, Ugh! after updating my Daz Software installation all renders are suddenly black. or actually very dark red.

Oh, no! It's all renders? So you're not running out of VRAM? Not sure what else would cause black renders. 

edited December 2023

Did you install this product from inside Daz Studio? It will not work that way. Please install it with Daz Install Manager (DIM). Manual installation will also work.

Is your GPU driver up to date? Each version of Daz Studio has a minimum driver version. When you updated Daz Studio, you may have also needed to update your GPU driver.