Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

I'm trying to watch Olympic opening ceremony but I'm getting tired.  

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited February 2022

Non-complaint:  Wheee..., the forum is back!yes

But at least I found out that I can survive not wallowing in the DAZ forums.surprise  It's bewildering, and severely itchy but survivable.  I also managed to get a lot of things done around the house while not glued to my office chair.smiley

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Wheee..., the forum is back!yes

I still can't access it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

..yeah, had a decent weekend here with temps in the mid 50s and sun so an incentive to get outside a bit and enjoy some early spring like weather.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited February 2022

I used the time to do my taxes.

Non-Complaint: I'm getting a refund of much what I had deducted.

Complaint: North Carolina forms are not ready and they are not accepting filing until mid February

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I am glad the forums are back ,I went to my son's and spent most of the day there ,it really helped me stop checking to see if the forums were back........missed you guys

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

New items at 20% off instead of 30% off. 

The beginning of the end... nocrying

Charlie Judge said:

I used the time to do my taxes.

Non-Complaint: I'm getting a refund of much what I had deducted.

Complaint: North Carolina forms are not ready and they are not accepting filing until mid February

i noticed that the NC forums weren't ready yet. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,472

Non complaint; Got my third monitor back from the repair shop today, out went the spare "HD" and back to having three identical 1920x1200 monitors smiley

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

I used the time to invent six new curse words relating to nonfunctional servers while I tried to access information I needed that was 502ed away on the forums... so technically I wasted more time trying to figure it out on my own then if the forums were working.

I don't want to give Richard or Frank extra work, or I'd share the new vocabulary additions... two involve improper consensual relations with a pig.

My friends Misty and Oscar made up a 4 letter word.  Oscar is white and black, and Misty is a muted tortoiseshell.

1C469B0A-88A8-4F01-A6B5-CB6DC22F5E4E.jpeg
    576 x 1024 - 135K
    AD052B5A-9E7E-4181-B6DB-4EA54855E27F.jpeg
    1640 x 1110 - 2M
    48DA2C2B-47CE-49BA-AB54-4CB15BFA52DB.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M

McGyver said:

I used the time to invent six new curse words relating to nonfunctional servers while I tried to access information I needed that was 502ed away on the forums... so technically I wasted more time trying to figure it out on my own then if the forums were working.

I don't want to give Richard or Frank extra work, or I'd share the new vocabulary additions... two involve improper consensual relations with a pig.

My created words are squork, blutz, dilorsion, and stublic. Not really dirty, but if you say them out loud someone will probably be offended.

edited February 2022

Quack.

Post edited by TJohn on

TJohn said:

Quack.

What fowl language! 

• Sfariah said:

TJohn said:

Quack.

What fowl language! 

You mean waterfowl language

Why do chickens use fowl language?

edited February 2022

TJohn said:

...can't be supply chain related.

Maybe they have to offset the cost of a new server for the forums? 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

kyoto kid said:

TJohn said:

Did they get a new server for the forums?  Did the old one die a terrible death? 

edited February 2022

...unless they have Prime it wouldn't be there yet, so my thought is they spent a day chewing enough bubblegum, and got a couple rolls of Scotch Tape™ out to patch things together until the new one arrives.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Sfariah said:

kyoto kid said:

TJohn said:

Did they get a new server for the forums?  Did the old one die a terrible death? 

It seems to be a slow, painful one.

Dana 

edited February 2022

Complaint:  I'm trying to terminate my pathetic career as PC repair guy.  I'm getting old, my hands shake, my back hurts, my brain has holes in it, I really don't want to be a PC guy anymore, and the most important reason..., I don't have to be.  I can survive on my SS checks if I'm careful.yes  So, having decided that I'm out of business I got a call from my one remaining customer reminding me that it was time for me to do his annual Antivirus renewal and system check.  Simple job, right?  He's an old guy (um..., I'm old, he's much oldersurprise) so I take pity on him and still do a house call for him.   But I don't have a car!  So, I arrange for a friend to take me up there (about 10 miles).  I get into his system, I simply log into his security product account and upgrade his subscription.  When it finished a reboot was required.  OK, no problem, right?  Wrong!  The system was slow before I re-subscribed the security service, and now it's having boot issues!sad  (*sigh*)  I'd expected to just zip in, update his security, poke around a little looking for bad behavior and be gone in 15 minutes, but a half hour later I grabbed his AIO  (All-In-One monitor/computer combo) and took it out to my friend's car to dig into the problem more deeply at home.  All fine and well, right?  Wrong!  When I got home I realized that I'd left the powersupply brick for the AIO system.crying  And now I have to call him, admit my mistake, and arrange for a ride back uptown, before I can do the proper repair.   Muck!angry

What's poignant about this situation is that while I was at his house I told him that this would be my last year of repair service.  And then his machine turns around and does this to me​.  So, what could I do?indecision  In his eyes, I just broke his machine.  Arghhhhh....no  Maybe he thinks I'm just trying to prove my incompetence?blush

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

That's a bad day for sure.

Did my share (and then some) of house calls in the late 90's and a few years into this millennium... Not something that I would ever do again...

I misplaced my earbuds.  I thought they were on my desk,

edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

Did my share (and then some) of house calls in the late 90's and a few years into this millennium... Not something that I would ever do again...

I'm not sure which category of customers I dislike more.  The trashy people with hoarded houses, food stains and nicotine goo on their clothes & drapes, unruly packs of dogs or herds of cats, as well as dead bugs and five years of dust on the carpet that I have to crawl on to get to the cobweb bundled wire nest under a table.  Or the arrogant wealthy people who expected me to perform miracles while they watched and will call me back for a free adjustment if perfection wasn't achieved.  I gave up on them and just started saying I can't fix it here, I have to take it to the shop.  Whether that was true or not.  I just wanted to get out of those places. 

edited February 2022

LeatherGryphon said:

Or the arrogant wealthy people who expected me to perform miracles while they watched and will call me back for a free adjustment if perfection wasn't achieved.

Or they called back in a couple of weeks because the "little darling" had again installed every possible demo into the computer (which I had warned against) and I needed to get it working (again and again...) 

Post edited by PerttiA on

I read a joke once about tech support, but I'll make my own version.

tech support gets a call that the client couldn't turn their desktop computer on. 
    tech support asked if the computer was plugged in.

the client said yes.  After a while of troubleshooting, the client said that their phone battery is low,  the tech support asked if the client could charge their phone.  The client said that they can't find the charger in the dark.  The tech support asked why.  Their was a power outage in their neighborhood.

edited February 2022

Semi-non-complaint:  I swallowed my pride and contacted the customer to make arrangements for me to pick up the powerbrick for his computer.  I've been working on the computer in my lab now for a few hours and I've been able to revive it, sort of.  This machine is sloooowww!frown  I found a setting in the BIOS that was causing it to look on the Internet first before looking locally for a hard drive or USB.  I don't know exactly what it was looking for, or why it was set that way, but it would eventually give up and then boot locally.  I rearranged the priority list to put the local disk first.enlightenedand I no longer get the booting through IPV4 message.  Although it takes forever and a day to boot(60 seconds).  I've been spoiled by my wonderful new Bear family of computers (Momma, Poppa, and BabyBear).  All very zippy machines.heart

I'm beginning to think that this machine was used infrequently and was not left on often enough to complete updates and security scans.  I have it running now and have checked filesystem, disk surface, RAM with the onboard DELL diagnostics and nothing is reported amiss, but it's is very busy with updates and antivirus checks.  That and it's a slow 2 core i5 CPU, 8GB memory system.sad  I'll let it run the rest of the night and keep checking on it to see if it ever gets stabilized.

I decided that the wish app is still stupid. 

• Definite non-complaint:  Yay!  Customer's sick Dell Touchscreen AIO computer seems to be all up to snuff now.  It runs pretty well for it's limitation, now that all the backlogged updates and virus operations have caught up and gone back to idle mode.  

I like it when I can fix what broke when I touched it.frown  (* Sometimes I swear that I have an anti-Midas touch when it comes to other people's toys.*)

This discussion has been closed.