Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    Beer Mountain.
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited February 2022

Hmm, 'plaint in that I don't understand the xPresso system in Cinema 4D.  I was setting up some controls for the Sea Dragon and managed to get a fancy little Radio Button list where I can switch on or off the Hide Tail thing just like in D|S where it'd automatically morph the vertices but also change the material on it to boot.  I had two separate sliders for the Serpent/Dragon looks at first but the success with the button for the tail made me want to do the same for the body morphs.  Option 1 - default, Option 2 - Serpent, etc.   Then I realized that I still knew very little about xPresso as I ended up spending the next couple hours trying to make that work but to no avail xD

So I reverted back to just using two sliders, even though it looked less neat and fancy. 

Screenshot 2022-02-10 112136.jpg
    1515 x 896 - 191K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

Yeah, XPresso isn't the easiest to use.

I know it's been a page or two since we were talking about Steve Winwood's Valerie, but I just saw the video for it, and it's one of the worst professional music videos I've ever seen. The main word is "directionless", up to and including the possibility that there just wasn't a director. The camera work is aimless and unmotivated, Steve looks uncertain of where he should be looking or even what he should be doing, it's almost nothing but Steve against against a black background with a wind machine for no apparent reason, and it starts with a laughably bad keying effect.

Gordig said:

Yeah, XPresso isn't the easiest to use.

To me, it's like the Vue Node Graph editor for things like making nice terrains;  it's complex, but if you understand the basics its not as scary as it seems.  Problem is, I never really touched either of them much if ever and with xPresso even less.  So I understand like, how to do some really simple stuff but not much else.  I might just ask on the Core4D forums about that,  how you could use that to just pick a morph shape by clicking an option rather than using individual sliders.

It's honestly just more to make it look nice in the User Data screen than to be functionally useful, since Slider or Button it accomplishes the same thing - but who knows, it might have a use down the road? I know there was a video on doing something similar'ish but it was swapping objects out based on the option picked, maybe that'd be a starting point hmm

edited February 2022

Pretty big complaint, but the official Bridges?  They'll export figures (sometimes) but the fact that accessories and clothing get ported in without any weighting information at all is a pretty big complain.  So I have to manually paint weights onto every piece of clothing as well as bind them to the character by hand joint-by-joint. The Bridges were supposed to speed this stuff up and let you use the figures in other programs, but in practice....

Was hoping it was just a Classic Content issue, but it does it for the Genesis figures as well.... :/

Michael 3 for instance, I had to do all this for the Modern Desert Soldier setup and not only did it make me rework everything from scratch but it also wouldn't follow M3 properly either  aah...

Screenshot 2022-02-12 152344.jpg
    1252 x 865 - 202K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited February 2022

I just wish it didn't have to be this difficult  crying

And this is just one figure; knowing I'd have to do this for every accessory and clothing article moving forward doesn't do much to make me want to use that kind of content and instead just stick with creatures  Dx

Screenshot 2022-02-12 160257.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 494K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited February 2022

TJohn said:

Beer Mountain.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited February 2022

Alright got the image submitted to my Gallery~  It's unfortunate I had to spend so long just fixing the gloves (and JUST the gloves!)  and they still don't really work right,  but ah well!

Still learning how to work with scattering and displacement with Octane. A major drawback to me is its Scatter object not being able to use Fields to hide/distribute objects like MoGraph Cloners can.

It's unlikely I'll be working with human figures all that much given the DAZ Bridge puts me through the hassle of needing to re-rig the clothing every single time and then messing with Constraint offsets just to get them to 'kind of' adhere to the figure they were made for is too stressful  :(

Post edited by Rezca on

Renderosity's kinda odd sometimes.  Like I'm looking through Dinoraul's store  (Sigh, I miss his stuff ;v; )  and see no mention of his Velociraptor anywhere. I do a search on the storefront and there's only the Extended License available.  Later, in the "People also bought..." recommendations? I see the standard licence Velociraptor I was looking for.  (Also could reach the same location by going through my Purchased Products page. So.... Why it no show it normally then???   xD

Also uber sad that I guess he never released that slick looking Tylosaurus that's in his gallery....

Rezca said:

Alright got the image submitted to my Gallery~  It's unfortunate I had to spend so long just fixing the gloves (and JUST the gloves!)  and they still don't really work right,  but ah well!

Still learning how to work with scattering and displacement with Octane. A major drawback to me is its Scatter object not being able to use Fields to hide/distribute objects like MoGraph Cloners can.

It's unlikely I'll be working with human figures all that much given the DAZ Bridge puts me through the hassle of needing to re-rig the clothing every single time and then messing with Constraint offsets just to get them to 'kind of' adhere to the figure they were made for is too stressful  :(

..really nice. 

kyoto kid said:

Rezca said:

..really nice. 

Aaah thanks ;v;

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Beautiful image, Rezca.

2 Non-Complaints - (1) have been able to access the forums this weekend.  Yay.  (2) There has only been about 20 minutes of precipitation (freezing rain) so far, and no more is expected.

Complaint - the twenty minutes of freezing rain occurred during the middle of my daily walk.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

My son come in from DC (college) to watch the Super Bowl with me tonight and he hit a patch of black ice on his way here and spun out on the freeway at 65mph. Luckily didn't hit or hurt anything. Probably needed to change clothes afterwards though

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited February 2022

frank0314 said:

My son come in from DC (college) to watch the Super Bowl with me tonight and he hit a patch of black ice on his way here and spun out on the freeway at 65mph. Luckily didn't hit or hurt anything. Probably needed to change clothes afterwards though

I once found myself in the unenviable position of driving someone 120 miles to the Cleveland, Ohio airport in bad weather.  It was mid-winter but clear sky when we started in late afternoon.  I started driving west on Interstate 86 toward Erie, Pennsylvania to hit Interstate 90 toward Cleveland but immediately upon crossing the NY/PA border it started to snow, and the farther west I got, the snowier it got.  By time I reached Cleveland and switched to Interstate71 toward the airport it was a full-on blizzard with snow faliing at an alarming rate.  I finally dropped off my passenger and headed home, but by now it was dark.  On the way back as I left the airport and headed on the Interstate back up toward central Cleveland and Interstate 90 again the 5 & 6 lane expressway roads around the big interchanges were almost empty but there was one car a few hundred yards(meters) ahead of me going down a slight hill.  I guess he must have tapped his brakes or something because all of a sudden he spontaneously started spinning around, he spun around twice before eventually getting control again just as I passed him.  I was sweating blood thinking I would hit him or I'd start to spin too, but I made it through, and he never hit anything either but as you say, he probably had dirty pants.  I also made it home that night without serious incident but it was one of the most harrowing snow trips I ever had.  It took me 4 hours to get home on a run that usually only takes a little over two hours.  I spent a lot of time behind a snow plow.  I was one tired puppy when I got home. indecision

Another harrowing snow trip was the day, in the early '80s, I was driving the beltway west of Washington,DC when that Air-Florida commercial jetliner hit cars on the 14th Street Bridge carrying Interstate 395 traffic in & out of downtown Washington and crashed into the Potomac River, breaking through the ice, in front of the Jefferson Memorial during a momumental blizzard, killing all but a couple of people on board.frown  Driving in that storm, on the Beltway, took me over an hour to go 10 miles.  And I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get stuck, crash or slide off the ramp embankments.  I passed several who did.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Florida_Flight_90

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

I saw a pop up saying Google was going to give somethings such as a phone, iPad or Netflix subscription.  I highly doubt that google will give an iPad to anyone.  I think it makes no sense.  I closed that tab and moved on.

frank0314 said:

Fortunate indeed! :O 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

A wise decision.

Also... purge your cookies.

Internet cookies... just in case you recently ate cookies and thought I was implying you should barf them up.

McGyver said:

A wise decision.

Also... purge your cookies.

Internet cookies... just in case you recently ate cookies and thought I was implying you should barf them up.

I had cookies as a snack but it was too long ago to purge them that way.  I would need a laxative.  Wait I don't have a laxative! 

edited February 2022

too_many_cookies_a_l.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 71K
    edited February 2022

...speaking about messes, been getting CPU fan error messages again.  Usually after a restart it would work fine but not this morning Yeah felt it wasn't long for the world particularly as it started making noise yesterday. Fortunately has a spare case fan which I swapped for it but don't get the speed adjustment or fan RPM report as it has the wrong connector for the CPU fan plug on the MB.  Keeping the CPU nice and cool (low - mod 30s C).  Will need a proper replacement though Thought of getting that big Noctua one I have specified for the upgrade but then I'd have to deal with redoing the thermal paste again.

NFS? Nancy Francine Smith?  Not from Sweden?  No free soda?  Nasty Farting sounds?

A5119135-E883-4DD4-9586-96FC589F1A18.png
    100 x 100 - 17K
    edited February 2022

...means "Not For Sale". "NFS" is commonly used in art galleries and at art shows.  Has to do with the Whole NFT thing.

kyoto kid said:

...means "Not For Sale". "NFS" is commonly used in art galleries and at art shows.  Has to do with the Whole NFT thing.

I feel like NFT is a nasty farting thing? 

I'm not getting into this half game show.  Maybe it is because I'm sleepy.

Oh darn,  bought Ron's Rain and it says its not compatible with my version of Photoshop  :'(
    At least I can use the image overlays though~

• Rezca said:

Oh darn,  bought Ron's Rain and it says its not compatible with my version of Photoshop  :'(

Well, if you bought it within the last 30 days you can always return it for a full refund. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited February 2022

Complaint: The Bengals lost

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

Rezca said:

Well, if you bought it within the last 30 days you can always return it for a full refund. 

I thought about it,  but the overlays still work and are high enough resolution to be worth using.  I might be able to say, subscribe to CC long enough to make the brushes into individual images then import those into CS5 as new brushes too.

edited February 2022
    deiny_riverbank.jpg
    1440 x 810 - 303K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,137
    edited February 2022

Rezca said:

New image done :D

G

A feast for the eyes! BTW thanks for always sharing the DAZ products you used!

Post edited by mding on
This discussion has been closed.