Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited February 2022

Fun little detail,  but when I was setting up the scene I added in a plane with an alpha map set to "Look At Camera" to assist in the composition a bit.  Normally I'd just throw stuff in without much thought but lately I've been having fun using things like this as a guideline when setting up scenes :)

Uploaded the image to the Gallery now!

composition.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 409K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,136

Rezca said:

kyoto kid said:

..still looks realiy good. 

Thank you <3

Thanks a lot, @Rezca, an impressive glimpse into your work! What you told about displacement in octane seems to me a tough drawback, but anyway, those options are far beyond my league. 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

gonna call the billing department for my cardiologist to see if I can setup a payment plan.

edited February 2022

mding said:

Rezca said:

kyoto kid said:

..still looks realiy good. 

Thank you <3

Thanks a lot, @Rezca, an impressive glimpse into your work! What you told about displacement in octane seems to me a tough drawback, but anyway, those options are far beyond my league. 

There's a lot of stuff I don't understand just yet myself, and finding answers can sometimes be hard.

With the Sea Dragon rig I was working on, I had this weird 'kink' in the neck that just came out of seemingly nowhere. I checked the 'usual suspects' and no the weighting isn't the problem, no the joints are all aligned properly...

The only thing I can think of is something happened to the Spline itself but haven't gotten around to investigating that just yet.  I had a similar'ish problem with The Constrictor as well,  once it got to the Head there was just a bit of a problem with the transition between the Spline-IK on the "Neck" and the Head. Meaning I often had to reposition the head a bit as well when the neck handles were animated. If there's a eloquent solution to these sorts of things I don't know them just yet ^^;

Screenshot 2022-02-10 111620.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 298K
    Post edited by Rezca on

starionwolf said:

gonna call the billing department for my cardiologist to see if I can setup a payment plan.

Best of luck!  :) 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,567

...I like the second one more.

While the Linear RGB image is darker and loses some surrounding detail, it looks much closer to real deep sea photos. 

The sea dragon's eyes and face tend to have a greater presence making it look fiercer. My eyes are also immediately drawn to the centre of the image.  

kyoto kid said:

...I like the second one more.

While the Linear RGB image is darker and loses some surrounding detail, it looks much closer to real deep sea photos. 

The sea dragon's eyes and face tend to have a greater presence making it look fiercer. My eyes are also immediately drawn to the centre of the image.  

Yeah, I was really tempted to go with that one but ended up using the sRGB one with a Gradient Map in Photoshop;  I think it gives a good mix between the two but I'm still sitting here wondering if I should have gone with the other instead - oh the indecisive feels!

I'm glad the glowing eyes feel like they add to the situation too :>

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

TJohn said:

The first one. angryno

Coil Whine.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699

I hear an aquarium filter that needs its cartridges to be fully washed off.  I bet they are full of fish waste!

• Sfariah said:

I hear an aquarium filter that needs its cartridges to be fully washed off.  I bet they are full of fish waste!

Fish waists!  I didn't know fish had waists!surprise  (and what happens to the rest of the fish?indecision

edited February 2022

....mine is lke a perpetual 5 - 6KHz signal.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah said:

Fish waists!  I didn't know fish had waists!surprise  (and what happens to the rest of the fish?indecision

ROFL

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah said:

fish waste not fish waists!  I mainly meant fish poop. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380

Sfariah said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah said:

fish waste not fish waists!  I mainly meant fish poop. 

Oh, the little stringy things that look like worms

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,684

Sfariah said:

That render looks like a sweet embrace between mother/daughter skaters. 

That's exactly what I thought! 

• Sfariah said:

That and uneaten food particles which would pollute the water. Might want to wear a pair of those "one use" vinyl gloves that they've been selling by the box for the past couple of years.

• R2ArtsR2Arts Posts: 15
    edited February 2022

nicstt said:

TJohn said:

The first one. angryno

Coil Whine.

I have had chronic tinnitus for over 14 years. It comes with many sounds and sensations. Tinnitus is not only an auditory problem. I have what is called cerebral tinnitus. It is inside my head, not just my ears.  The worst times are when I hear ALL the sounds at the same time and or when they get very loud. Often they come accompanied by a migraine kind of headache. When this happens, I can not concentrate and I can not work.  A very common sound for me is like garden sprinkles. I also get the crickets and buzzing. Metal grinding, hissing and pumping. 

Post edited by R2Arts on

...that's the kind I have caused by long term Ibuprofen (Advil™) and for a while Narproxin Sodium (Aleve™) use for my arthritis.  Acetaminophen (Tylenol™) does nothing as it isn't an anti-inflammatory. .Prescription arthritis m drugs have harsher and more immediate side effects so I won't even go near those.  These OTC meds have other detrimental effects as well including digestive, liver, and kidney disorders.

When laws where I live were changed regarding a certain substance, I was finally able to dump all NSAIDs.  Low THC CBD cannabis, while not a cure, quells the stiffness and pain to a degree getting through the day is more tolerable. It's a slightly more expensive ( usually get the edibles and topical salves), but is far better, and one "use" lasts a couple days instead of having to pop pills every day every 4 - 8 hours.  It also helps with sleeping and digestion rather than the doing opposite.

In spite of my complaints about the high rents, living costs, and wet weather here, this is part of the reason I deal with it all as most states that have lower living costs have harsh restrictions or even fully ban cannabis in both forms. I don't need a prescription and/or medical card to go to a dispensary.

edited February 2022

...ugh, three bad gateway errors while just trying to post the above. One I had to refresh twice.  C'mon it's only 02:55 (Daz time) Friday don't tell me it's all going to crash and burn again like last weekend..

• kyoto kid said:

...ugh, three bad gateway errors while just trying to post the above. One I had to refresh twice.  C'mon it's only 02:55 (Daz time) Friday don't tell me it's all going to crash and burn again like last weekend..

Panic in the server room.devil 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,170
    edited February 2022

I've never had a proper examination of my tinitus but it's a high pitched whine, sort of like a small family of micro cicada.  It's not very loud until I get tired.  I also hear radio stations, or what I think are radio stations, just undecipherable mumbling and muffled music-like sound.  So not only do I have bugs in my head, I have DJs & musicians.frown 

Should I be waiting for the voices to clear up and start telling me to do things!surprise 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,447

LeatherGryphon said:

I've never had a proper examination of my tinitus but it's a high pitched whine, sort of like a small family of micro cicada.  It's not very loud until I get tired.  I also hear radio stations, or what I think are radio stations, just undecipherable mumbling and muffled music-like sound.  So not only do I have bugs in my head, I have DJs & musicians.frown 

Should I be waiting for the voices to clear up and start telling me to do things!surprise 

Lucille Ball was also receiving radio broadcasts with her fillings. Have you tried tuning the stations? 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,170
    edited February 2022

PerttiA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Lucille Ball was also receiving radio broadcasts with her fillings. Have you tried tuning the stations? 

Well, we grew up in the same area of Western NY State, so maybe it's a local disease.indecision  Or a malicious dentist.  Or perhaps it's a conspiracy of dentists preparing the population for radioed subliminal commands to floss regularly.surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,144

As we say around here, the mountain is out today. 

E7EA3E61-6D6B-4EFF-B92C-C5D59A452B99.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
    edited February 2022

...ours here in Portland is out as well.  Already in the mid 60's (almost Hawai'ian shirt weather) time to get out for a bit. Be back later.

mt hood 02-11.png
    733 x 416 - 146K

Gordig said:

Oooh, nice photo!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Gordig said:

And which mountain is that?

Dana 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,318
    edited February 2022

Nevermind. I misinterpreted Dana's post and identified the one in KK's post which is Mt Hood.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,144

DanaTA said:

Gordig said:

Dana 

Rainier.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Gordig said:

DanaTA said:

Gordig said:

Dana 

Rainier.

Cool, thanks!

Dana 

This discussion has been closed.