Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391

mding said:

Rezca said:

New image done :D

G

A feast for the eyes! BTW thanks for always sharing the DAZ products you used!

I find it fun linking what stuff's used in a scene for some reason~  It's a shame though when I pull out an item and its been since removed from the store - like "Noggin's Real Macaw" and the old "Elasmosaurus" figure, or Digi-I's dinosaurs indecision

Thanks by the way~

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

Non-complaint; Nine hours of daylight today smiley

• Ooh, pretty birdie.cool

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Rezca said:

New image done :D

Nice work!

Dana 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Complaint...

Gah... Apple.

Where to begin...

First... I have both my phone and my iPad set to auto update, but for some reason they both need me to be with them for moral support when they update... I really, really despise opening the device and seeing it say "a software update is available... update now?... no?... then enter your password..."

Or more annoyingly it does that in the middle of me doing something... it seems to know when you are doing something delicate like sculpting a detail or drawing a curve... it's sooooooo damned annoying.

But that's not actually the most annoying thing.

So a few days ago I at like 3 AM I decided to manually update both the phone and iPad... it generally takes like a half hour for it complete the process, which is why I hardly ever do it when it randomly decides to ask... because I'm actually using the iPad or phone... (oh yeah, let's not forget the time it popped up tge nag screen when I was getting a call from my daughter and I missed the call... there should be something in place to prevent that from EVER happening... EVER.)

So the update went fine... I'm all updated... 

I absolutely HATE the new "improvements"... STOP adding frickin' gestures... please... it's getting stupid... it's like unless you tap the screen at exactly 90° to earth's core, the screen does something new... split screen, opening new windows, new menus, closing a tab... how do people who ride buses use these?... you gotta time your tap to the pitch of the bus' shock absorbers? ... Just a minute ago I tapped on the menu bar for a different open tab than the one I was looking at and I guess it wasn't a straight down tap, there was a slight "smear", so  it separated the tab into a floating tab that I couldn't do anything with... worse yet, you can't shut it off or return it, and tapping any other tabs, adds them to a floating pile of tabs... I have no idea what this feature is trying to accomplish aside from being annoying, as the screen will only let you add more tabs to the pile and nothing else... you have to shut down safari to get it to stop doing that... it's clearly intentional because it tallies the tabs with a little number to let you know how annoying it is...

They brought back the text magnifier, which I suppose was supposed to allow you to see where the cursor bar is more easily when you are moving it, but it's exactly the same size as the damn cursor and text, it's just a little window two or three lines above... if it was twice as big, that might be useful, but as it is it's just distracting and annoying.

Megh... there are just too many annoying things going on to bother listing...

So, on top of all that, I was just sculpting something in Nomad and up pops a stupid nag screen that there is a new security update.

Really....?

angry

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,167
    edited February 2022

Complaint:  Arghhh..., I hate trying to teach luddites how to use a computer.crying  They ask the most embarrasing questions about things that I never do, so I look like a blind man in a candy shop licking and tasting every option trying to find the flavor I like.  Ask me how to reformat a drive, track down a misconfigured printer, modify BIOS settings or install and customize major software packages and I'm right on top of it, but ask me how to print a news article from a web browser and I'm clueless.sad  Finally found it.  Highlight, then right-click the selection to print formated for standard size paper.  And if directed to a PDF file instead of a printer device, you can "print" a portion of a super long webpage to a PDF file then view the PDF file and print only selected pages from there.  Duh!  So obvious.  But the luddite still couldn't figure it out even after I explained it to him.  Of course, I was explaining it to him over the phone, which didn't help matters.  Ghaaaa...., how do people who do helpdesk work put up with luddites?indecision  I suggest pulling the plug.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,369

LeatherGryphon said:

frank0314 said:

My son come in from DC (college) to watch the Super Bowl with me tonight and he hit a patch of black ice on his way here and spun out on the freeway at 65mph. Luckily didn't hit or hurt anything. Probably needed to change clothes afterwards though

I once found myself in the unenviable position of driving someone 120 miles to the Cleveland, Ohio airport in bad weather.  It was mid-winter but clear sky when we started in late afternoon.  I started driving west on Interstate 86 toward Erie, Pennsylvania to hit Interstate 90 toward Cleveland but immediately upon crossing the NY/PA border it started to snow, and the farther west I got, the snowier it got.  By time I reached Cleveland and switched to Interstate71 toward the airport it was a full-on blizzard with snow faliing at an alarming rate.  I finally dropped off my passenger and headed home, but by now it was dark.  On the way back as I left the airport and headed on the Interstate back up toward central Cleveland and Interstate 90 again the 5 & 6 lane expressway roads around the big interchanges were almost empty but there was one car a few hundred yards(meters) ahead of me going down a slight hill.  I guess he must have tapped his brakes or something because all of a sudden he spontaneously started spinning around, he spun around twice before eventually getting control again just as I passed him.  I was sweating blood thinking I would hit him or I'd start to spin too, but I made it through, and he never hit anything either but as you say, he probably had dirty pants.  I also made it home that night without serious incident but it was one of the most harrowing snow trips I ever had.  It took me 4 hours to get home on a run that usually only takes a little over two hours.  I spent a lot of time behind a snow plow.  I was one tired puppy when I got home. indecision

Another harrowing snow trip was the day, in the early '80s, I was driving the beltway west of Washington,DC when that Air-Florida commercial jetliner hit cars on the 14th Street Bridge carrying Interstate 395 traffic in & out of downtown Washington and crashed into the Potomac River, breaking through the ice, in front of the Jefferson Memorial during a momumental blizzard, killing all but a couple of people on board.frown  Driving in that storm, on the Beltway, took me over an hour to go 10 miles.  And I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get stuck, crash or slide off the ramp embankments.  I passed several who did.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Florida_Flight_90

I try to avoid Cleveland like the plague during the winter. They ARE the snow belt and it gets really bad. We are about 1 miles outside of the snowbelt so sometimes we get dumped on and sometimes we don't. This past big storm that came through we ended up with 18" of snow on the ground over 2 days and then 4 days later another 8" on top of it separated by a 1/4" slab of ice because of sleet and freezing rain before the snow hit again. We still have around 7 inches of that snow on the ground and just had another inch put on yesterday.

edited February 2022

So I was going to link to Hoffmeyer's  DA profile when uploading pics I did of their Tyrannosaurus 3 and DeviantART said there was no users with that name on the site.  I double and triple checked I was doing it right, even going as far as to copying the username right from the URL,  but DA insisted there wasn't anyone going by that name.

https://www.deviantart.com/herschel-hoffmeyer

So I'm guessing this profile doesn't actually exist, and I'm just imagining it smiley

Post edited by Rezca on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited February 2022

Yeah, pretty much been my day. And I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436
    edited February 2022

I'm so tired. 

I was working in Daz Studio when the computer randomly restarted. The computer came back on, and I couldn't find the Daz Studio Iray shaders (PBR Skin, and all of that). So I've had to uninstall then re-install Studio. 

I hope the SSD isn't on the way out (one year old). If it is, I'm giving up, and I'm not replacing it.

I can't deal with anymore of this cr@p!

Post edited by N-RArts on

N-RArts said:

I'm so tired. 

I was working in Daz Studio when the computer randomly restarted. The computer came back on, and I couldn't find the Daz Studio Iray shaders (PBR Skin, and all of that). So I've had to uninstall then re-install Studio. 

I hope the SSD isn't on the way out (one year old). If it is, I'm giving up, and I'm not replacing it.

Aah man that's rough,  sorry to hear that happened :( 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

Charlie Judge said:

Complaint: The Bengals lost

...yeah thought  they could do it after knocking the Raiders, the top seeded Titans, and Chief's out. Really was hoping to see a San Francisco - Cincinnati match up after Green Bay went out..

This also makes two years in a row that the "home team" won (last year the Buccaneers in Tampa Stadium, and now the Rams in theirs). The NFL needs to hold the game at a neutral site which has no NFL franchise (like St. Louis  Honolulu, or Alabama) as many northern teams will never have that advantage.(save for Minnesota which has an enclosed stadium).

McGyver said:

Complaint...

Gah... Apple.

Where to begin...

First... I have both my phone and my iPad set to auto update, but for some reason they both need me to be with them for moral support when they update... I really, really despise opening the device and seeing it say "a software update is available... update now?... no?... then enter your password..."

Or more annoyingly it does that in the middle of me doing something... it seems to know when you are doing something delicate like sculpting a detail or drawing a curve... it's sooooooo damned annoying.

But that's not actually the most annoying thing.

So a few days ago I at like 3 AM I decided to manually update both the phone and iPad... it generally takes like a half hour for it complete the process, which is why I hardly ever do it when it randomly decides to ask... because I'm actually using the iPad or phone... (oh yeah, let's not forget the time it popped up tge nag screen when I was getting a call from my daughter and I missed the call... there should be something in place to prevent that from EVER happening... EVER.)

So the update went fine... I'm all updated... 

I absolutely HATE the new "improvements"... STOP adding frickin' gestures... please... it's getting stupid... it's like unless you tap the screen at exactly 90° to earth's core, the screen does something new... split screen, opening new windows, new menus, closing a tab... how do people who ride buses use these?... you gotta time your tap to the pitch of the bus' shock absorbers? ... Just a minute ago I tapped on the menu bar for a different open tab than the one I was looking at and I guess it wasn't a straight down tap, there was a slight "smear", so  it separated the tab into a floating tab that I couldn't do anything with... worse yet, you can't shut it off or return it, and tapping any other tabs, adds them to a floating pile of tabs... I have no idea what this feature is trying to accomplish aside from being annoying, as the screen will only let you add more tabs to the pile and nothing else... you have to shut down safari to get it to stop doing that... it's clearly intentional because it tallies the tabs with a little number to let you know how annoying it is...

They brought back the text magnifier, which I suppose was supposed to allow you to see where the cursor bar is more easily when you are moving it, but it's exactly the same size as the damn cursor and text, it's just a little window two or three lines above... if it was twice as big, that might be useful, but as it is it's just distracting and annoying.

Megh... there are just too many annoying things going on to bother listing...

So, on top of all that, I was just sculpting something in Nomad and up pops a stupid nag screen that there is a new security update.

Really....?

angry

...I feel Scotty summed up such behaviour in Star Trek 3 after sabotaging the Excelsior so he, Kirk and the others could steal the Enterprise: 

"The more they over think the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain".  

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

Rezca said:

N-RArts said:

I'm so tired. 

Aah man that's rough,  sorry to hear that happened :( 

Thanks. 

My computer hasn't had a random restart for weeks. Serves me right for being optimistic in thinking that I had fixed the problem.

kyoto kid said:...I feel Scotty summed up such behaviour in Star Trek 3 after sabotaging the Excelsior so he, Kirk and the others could steal the Enterprise: 

"The more they over think the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain". 

Whenever I hear/see Scotty quotes, I always think of this one:

​“Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

Oh, and "Borgus Frat!"...

...Now I want to watch Star Trek 3... But I want to play Arceus... I'll go to bed...

...was researching a few older threads for some information and came across some of Misty's posts. 

*sigh".

• N-RArts said:

I'm so tired. 

Might have been a corrupt database if DS was closed mid-write. If you install using DIM/Daz Central/Manually and the files were missing only from the Smart Content pane, Presets tabs, and Categories or Products in the Content Library you might be able to get them back by reimporting metadata or - if everything was gone - by doing a database reset and then reimporting. I do recommend backing up the database, and doing an export of user data, as protection.

edited February 2022

All of a sudden, the other evening I just got this sudden urge to put a helmet on a dinosaur.

helm1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 232K
    helm2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 163K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Rezca said:

All of a sudden, the other evening I just got this sudden urge to put a helmet on a dinosaur.

A bunch of dinosaurs once got that urge too about 66 million years ago... some advocated for helmets, space suits and spacecraft while others said the asteroid would go away... the other dinosaurs said it was nothing and that earth got hit by meteors all the time. 
    Some even claimed it was plot by mammals to make dinosaurs wear clothes and look stupid. 
    A bunch of really slick dinosaurs sold asteroid repellent pills and gave paid lectures about how the asteroid had special minerals in it that would give all dinosaurs superpowers, so it would actually be good for them.
    Eventually the dinosaurs who kept trying to tell everyone the asteroid was dangerous got fed up and left for an earth-like planet 2,700 light years away in the Cygnus constellation... Most of them survived, they found a primitive, but habitable world and even though they had a rough time for the first couple of hundred years, they eventually got everything smoothed out and did quite alright for themselves... in the end they found that science and rational thinking was a better way to run things and now they live quite content on their new planet, sharing technology, information and amazing sandwich recipes with the other civilizations they've made contact with. 
    The ones that stayed behind discovered that asteroid pills aren't that effective and that asteroids don't give you superpowers and actually pretty much kill you outright. 
    Today many of those less rational dinosaur's descendants taste great with barbecue sauce or grilled lightly with a little olive oil and balsamic glaze. 

Whether or not that happened in this timeline or another, or it's just wishful thinking... it's nice to believe that somewhere out there might be a world full of technologically sophisticated dinosaurs wizzing around the galaxy boldly going where no dinosaurian has gone before.

Either way, it worked out for mammals in the long run... so far... mostly.

I suppose that all remains to be seen.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,690

I went to see No Way Home, but I found a way home!

McGyver said:

Rezca said:

A bunch of dinosaurs once got that urge too about 66 million years ago... some advocated for helmets, space suits and spacecraft while others said the asteroid would go away... the other dinosaurs said it was nothing and that earth got hit by meteors all the time. 
    Some even claimed it was plot by mammals to make dinosaurs wear clothes and look stupid. 
    A bunch of really slick dinosaurs sold asteroid repellent pills and gave paid lectures about how the asteroid had special minerals in it that would give all dinosaurs superpowers, so it would actually be good for them.
    Eventually the dinosaurs who kept trying to tell everyone the asteroid was dangerous got fed up and left for an earth-like planet 2,700 light years away in the Cygnus constellation... Most of them survived, they found a primitive, but habitable world and even though they had a rough time for the first couple of hundred years, they eventually got everything smoothed out and did quite alright for themselves... in the end they found that science and rational thinking was a better way to run things and now they live quite content on their new planet, sharing technology, information and amazing sandwich recipes with the other civilizations they've made contact with. 
    The ones that stayed behind discovered that asteroid pills aren't that effective and that asteroids don't give you superpowers and actually pretty much kill you outright. 
    Today many of those less rational dinosaur's descendants taste great with barbecue sauce or grilled lightly with a little olive oil and balsamic glaze. 

Whether or not that happened in this timeline or another, or it's just wishful thinking... it's nice to believe that somewhere out there might be a world full of technologically sophisticated dinosaurs wizzing around the galaxy boldly going where no dinosaurian has gone before.

Either way, it worked out for mammals in the long run... so far... mostly.

I suppose that all remains to be seen.

I love your posts smiley

Also that whole "Dinosaurs left the Earth" story kind of reminded me of SimEarth,  where I did something similar a few times.   Aaaaah... I miss that "game" so much...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,690

I have a headache!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited February 2022

Daz Studio gave me an error during rendering.  I tried to render a Genesis 3 character wearing Toulous hair without any clothes.  Ahh.  Time to exit the program and start it again.

Post edited by starionwolf on

Complaint... It's past 10PM and I ran out of propane, trying to estimate how low will the temperature drop during the next 7 hours, as I really hate going out in the dark to get the new bottle from the car...

• Your estimate will be inaccurate and unsatisfactory.  Go get the bottle from the car.cheeky

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited February 2022

starionwolf said:

Daz Studio gave me an error during rendering.  I tried to render a Genesis 3 character wearing Toulous hair without any clothes.  Ahh.  Time to exit the program and start it again.

Automatic censorship?

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on

LeatherGryphon said:

Your estimate will be inaccurate and unsatisfactory.  Go get the bottle from the car.cheeky

Went down 2C in an hour, so... Got the heater running again... I swear the bottles are getting heavier every time, but it wasn't that dark afterall...

PerttiA said:

Complaint... It's past 10PM and I ran out of propane, trying to estimate how low will the temperature drop during the next 7 hours, as I really hate going out in the dark to get the new bottle from the car...

...you do have a good CO detector I hope.  

...and keep a window cracked open?

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

...you do have a good CO detector I hope.  

...and keep a window cracked open?

No worries, the house was built after WW2 and hasn't been updated to any code since. Still has the outhouse, running water (in a bucket) and the 'bathroom' (sauna) in an other building cheeky

The first 10 years I was burning wood in the kitchen stove, but filling it up every 15 minutes for 4-5 hours straight and then waiting for 2 hours before being able to close the chimney vent got me thinking...
    Been using propane for 13 years now and it's nice to get the place warm quickly as it gets down to 10-12C before I get home from work.

• N-RArts said:

I'm so tired. 

In case it was from updates:

In W10, go to the Settings Panel, Windows Update, Advanced Options, Restart this device ... turn that to "off."
    Then when you go to power down the computer there'll be a notice that is going to do its thing at that time.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,124

God help me, I let myself get into a prolonged political debate in the youtube comments section. 

This discussion has been closed.