Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

19495969798100»

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704

kyoto kid said:

..ever see one of those presentations?  They are pretty much over the top..  Though agreed, in some ways not so much embarrassing as more unnerving as they paint a bull's-eye on you and your home for every crook and scammer.

That's why I like our state's lottery.  The prizes aren't anywhere near as astronomical as for Powerball or Mega Millions, but you can choose to stay incognito from the public eye if you do win.  

Well said! 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

TJohn said:

N-RArts said:

I actually got a render done last night. My computer hated it. It was a comparison of Geneghhhhhht\sis 8 Male character, and a Genesis 9 conversion.

It's so friggin' cold, and I'm so tired. 

I could've done stuff today, but I couldn't be bothered. I expect it will be the same tomorrow :/

I'm confused (well actually I always am) But did you sneeze or something while typing the word "Genesis"? 

Ha! XD That was the kitten. His paws, and his butt are slowly breaking my laptop.  

I think I know how to solve this equation.   I just don't know how to type it on the forums.

C3DE6923-7BC1-4DD6-8C5E-F53FD60C8EF6.jpeg
    602 x 663 - 73K
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,174
    edited November 2022

Pencil, paper & scanner.  Make it a picture.enlightened

Or write it in FORTRAN syntax.  It's only a 60 year old language, that had to deal with mathematical input on paper tape or punched cards.  No fancy typesetting.  

examples:

A+B,

A-B,

A*B,

A/B,

A**B,

A*(B+C),

A/(B**3 - C),

(A+B-C) / 2(A-3B/(2D-E**2)),

etc.

with "**" being the operator for exponentiation.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Cool!

I wanted some mint so I found a Mint iso file.  Now I don't know what to do with it.  I don't have a usb thing so I am confused.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,581

...The I Have Math Anxiety Complaint Thread. 

kyoto kid said:

...The I Have Math Anxiety Complaint Thread. 

So funny! 

• dunno about factoring but I can see X=3 and it's not a quadratic equation surprise

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,501

kyoto kid said:

It used to be so much easier when there was an actual person on the other end instead of an "artificially dumb" facsimile of one.  Going to have to try again tomorrow as just got so disgusted. 

Perhaps they decided there was no point in paying a human to be unhelpful when they could set up a machine that does it just as well. I think this is a trend though. Lots of businesses have eliminated the ability to reach a human by pressing zero, pressing invalid option numbers, or just yelling profanity. I think they like being able to say it's your fault because you never finished the phone call.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

Has anyone found a use for algebra as an adult? I haven't, and I hope I never will... Because I will be "up a certain creek without a paddle" if I do (I didn't understand it as a kid, and I was too embarrassed to get help from the teacher).

• N-RArts said:

Has anyone found a use for algebra as an adult? I haven't, and I hope I never will... Because I will be "up a certain creek without a paddle" if I do (I didn't understand it as a kid, and I was too embarrassed to get help from the teacher).

occasionally also trigonometry and geometry in general when trying to solve an issue and 3D modelling, my weak area was matrices and vectors and that's actually what you need for spreadsheets, programming and just data entry and I wish I could get my head around it 

N-RArts said:

You could probably use it to figure out how much money to send somebody, through a phone payment app, in order for them to get the intended amount while taking into account the fee they will get charged for transferring the money. I currently don't remember how to do that though. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited November 2022

Algebra is a scam... it's just the textbook mafia and the math cartels making a lot of weird confusing symbols up to complicate something that can be expressed easily in words... Some time in the early 600s AD, The Indian mathematician Brahmagupta explicitly (if not erotically) described the quadratic formula in his treatise Brāhmasphuṭasiddhānta published in 628 AD, but written in words instead of symbols, because the Math cartels had not established themselves in India at that point... but this proves my point that the symbols they force you to pay for are unnecessarily confusing... and on top of that, you can't even type out an equation on a normal keyboard, because the Keyboard Cartels won't give in and share their racket with the math mob.

I honestly have to watch what I say when I make up crazy conspiracies... some idiot is going Google something crazy and this is going to show up and next thing you know there are going to be people trying to ban math and keyboards because they think the math and keyboard cartels are running a secret panda smuggling ring from a pizza shop in Georgetown.

I forgot to mention they smuggle panda bears to work in their secret exotic panda massage parlors located below pizza parlors.

Why do you think they call them pizza "parlors"... massage "parlor"... pizza "parlor"... you see that right?

If it wasn't true would I bother to make it up?... yeah... that should prove my point beyond all doubt.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

WendyLuvsCatz said:

dunno about factoring but I can see X=3 and it's not a quadratic equation surprise

Winner!

Dana 

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

to be honest, I've actualy found calculus to be more worthwhile...

WendyLuvsCatz said:

N-RArts said:

occasionally also trigonometry and geometry in general when trying to solve an issue and 3D modelling, my weak area was matrices and vectors and that's actually what you need for spreadsheets, programming and just data entry and I wish I could get my head around it 

edited November 2022

...well, turning in for the night,. I exepct to see a spanking new shiny thread when I wake up and sign back in.

Nite all.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

It is morning now and I feel like going back to bed.  Today I have to finish organizing my room.  No, not have to but get to have a room to finish organizing today.

edited November 2022

Complaint:  Neighbors weren't home last night, and apparently they turned down the single furnace thermostat on their side of the house before they left.  Which leaves me, shivering this morning.sad  Not too cold, just 64F but my toes go numb below 68F.no

Non-complaint:  Good thing that I'd ordered new household slippers.  Mmmm... soft, fuzzy, warm all the way up my ankles, easy to slip on/off.yes

MemoryFoamMensSlippers.png
    1312 x 920 - 417K

It's like getting the first post in this thread is a consolation prize for not winning the lottery.

I'm tired but I feel like I have a lot to do today.

No new thread yet?

The Where Is My New Complaint Thread Thread

Dana

DanaTA said:

No new thread yet?

The Where Is My New Complaint Thread Thread

Dana

no clue?  It will start soon, but I don't know when.  Only if people would post more?

edited November 2022

Complaint:  Heavy, gloppy, snow.frown

Non-complaint:  While looking out of my kitchen window at the heavy, gloppy, snow falling, nearly whiting out the view across the yards, I noticed a glob of snowflakes about the size of a grape, hovering in the air about 8 inches beyond the kitchen window.surprise  It just hovered there, wobbling up & down, back & forth.  Then I noticed a couple more to the right of it.  Ah ha!  They're stuck on a very long(at least 6 feet) single strand of spiderweb running almost horizontally from the eaves on my left to one of the columns on the porch on my right.  As I watched my hovering glob of gloppy snowflakes I noticed it slowly sliding down the web strand.  Cool!cool  I don't know how long it will last but at least I won't have my scientific mind terminally confused by UFGs (Unidentified Flying Globs).  Yay.yes

..The Waiting For Mr. New Thread Compalint Thread. 

kyoto kid said:

..The Waiting For Mr. New Thread Compalint Thread. 

How about waiting for The New Thread Complaint thread? 

• Complaint:  Incompliant spellings of complaint.

Complaint: $87.41 for a half full cart of groceries...at Walmart*, no less!  surprise

Dana

Vikings won in over time?  Um, now to see if cowboys will lose.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,326
    edited November 2022

DanaTA said:

Complaint: $87.41 for a half full cart of groceries...at Walmart*, no less!  surprise

Dana

I'm not surprised. We are spending over $150 a week on groceries just for two of us. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited November 2022

Oh my I'm cold.  I wonder if the heater is on?

where did my pics go?

---------------------------------------------------

The thread went here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/603731/the-vikings-have-math-s-anxiety-complaint-thread

67498C70-D383-49D8-A0C7-CFB96A92750A.jpeg
    444 x 640 - 84K
    EACC57C2-9BEA-4D00-8945-679A4E59C8D1.jpeg
    444 x 640 - 93K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.