Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

my favorite celeb... till gconrad4_4d3aa258e4 posts those tweeks

drinkerbell copy.jpg
    806 x 789 - 293K
  • Having just picked up the DVD of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", I'm now interested in finding a Victoria 4 morph that looks like Lily James or that I can kitbash one from. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Any thoughts on RPD Juliet?

Some of the promos or Karen Gillianesque...but I'm not sure if legit  or wishful thiniing.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=111690

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I could kind of see the resemblance, yeah - especially the eyes. If so, then she was in a supernatural film, 'Oculus', which might account for the spook-themed picture theme.

• Seeing that the promo text specifically identifies her as a "companion", yes, I think that is Karen Gillan; I compared the promo pictures with some photos of the real actress and it's quite close. RenaPD has been making some strikingly accurate celeb morphs recently, I find.

• procchiprocchi Posts: 1
    edited July 2016

I believe it to be Rachel Lefebre - especially when you consider the following image of her in "Under the Dome"

Rachel LeFevre

Post edited by Chohole on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Interesting match! Agreed, that seems to be what the image was based on.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

It may just be me, but I think LY Vega Davin kinda looks like Robin Tunney...

Although when she's in her underwear the difference in body type becomes apparent blush

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397

Does anyone recognize this WIP of mine for Genesis 1?

Chris5.jpg
    900 x 900 - 474K
  • stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    Gregorius said:

Tom Cruise?  

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited July 2016
    procchi said:

I believe it to be Rachel Lefebre - especially when you consider the following image of her in "Under the Dome"

If https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=111690 is supposed to be Rachel Lefebvre, then I am Brad Pitt cheeky

Post edited by ThatGuy on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076
    Gregorius said:

No, but I like it. Maybe it's one of the many different actors used to play Superman?

• lwaveslwaves Posts: 238
    Gregorius said:

A young Bruce Campbell?

• lwaveslwaves Posts: 238
    ThatGuy said:
    procchi said:

If https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=111690 is supposed to be Rachel Lefebvre, then I am Brad Pitt cheeky

Okay Mr Pitt. smiley  I can't see there being any doubt that it's supposed to be Rachelle Lefevre, or at least her character of Julia from Under The Dome. The promo pic and similar name are a clear giveaway.

edited July 2016
    lwaves said:
    ThatGuy said:
    procchi said:

Okay Mr Pitt. smiley  I can't see there being any doubt that it's supposed to be Rachelle Lefevre, or at least her character of Julia from Under The Dome. The promo pic and similar name are a clear giveaway.

It looks as if they made their likeness have a nose that was too small mostly and overall somewhat 'daintified' her features to be more typically feminine. The rest is due to the lighting in the 3D scene not being sufficient to capture all the 3 dimensional nuances of her face but it does look as if those features might be present in the model.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited July 2016

Nonesuch00 was closest.  The target is Christopher Reeve.  Suggestions for improving the likeness are welcome.

Superman2.jpg
    900 x 900 - 191K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
    Gregorius said:

Nonesuch00 was closest.  The target is Christopher Reeve.  Suggestions for improving the likeness are welcome.

I like it. Good work. I'm flipping back & for between a picture of Reeve and your model & you're pretty close actually. The big thing is texture & lighting difficiencies take a lot away from the realism of which those are mostly technical difficiencies in the SW itself so you can't do anything about it. And I'm not sure you want it more realistic looking. It depends on how and if you are going to make a fan page or a fan comic or animation...

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,196
    Gregorius said:

Great start! I sent you a PM.

edited July 2016

Thanks, guys!  ChangelingChick, nothing's showing up in my Inbox yet for some reason, but if you want to continue the discussion without derailing this thread, this project has its own dedicated thread in the Art Studio subforum that I started just a day or two ago.  Nonesuch00, could you be more specific about those "texture and lighting deficiencies"?  I'm using Poser Pro 11, and the textures/shaders are my own, so I might be able to do more about these things than you think.  I welcome any advice that can help me make more photorealistic images (not just of celebrities, but also in general).

EDIT:  I just got your PM, ChangelingChick.  Thanks for such detailed suggestions!  The base character is an androgynous hybrid of M5/V5 heads that I created myself.  I have a separate dial that I use to control basic face masculinity/femininity, and that's set to 1, as it is for all my male characters.

edited July 2016
    lwaves said:
    ThatGuy said:
    procchi said:

The promo image is made to look similar to Rachel's photo, I give you that much, but I'm just saying the the character morph itself looks nothing like the actress...not by a long shot, if that is indeed what the creator was going for crying

Post edited by ThatGuy on
    Gregorius said:

Thanks, guys!  ChangelingChick, nothing's showing up in my Inbox yet for some reason, but if you want to continue the discussion without derailing this thread, this project has its own dedicated thread in the Art Studio subforum that I started just a day or two ago.  Nonesuch00, could you be more specific about those "texture and lighting deficiencies"?  I'm using Poser Pro 11, and the textures/shaders are my own, so I might be able to do more about these things than you think.  I welcome any advice that can help me make more photorealistic images (not just of celebrities, but also in general).

EDIT:  I just got your PM, ChangelingChick.  Thanks for such detailed suggestions!  The base character is an androgynous hybrid of M5/V5 heads that I created myself.  I have a separate dial that I use to control basic face masculinity/femininity, and that's set to 1, as it is for all my male characters.

Well I'm not an expert on those things but looking at your model render and a few pictures of the real Christopher Reeve there are several areas of his face, the bridge to the tip of his nose, that look in the pictures to have a slightly sharper shape to the surface transistions while in your model those look slightly softened and rounded. Now I am not sure if that is because you have too much bright ambient light in your render washing out those shadows or because the model itself is modeled slightly smoother and rounder at some edges than he really was.

The main shapes and sizes of the shapes of his face are difinitely their though. You need a much more experience modeler than I though to give you advice. You model is very excellent in my eyes already and a professional modeler can recognize better where you need to make improvements to that model. You are sort of beyond me.

Thanks for your input!  Here's an updated render, with most of ChangelingChick's suggested tweaks applied.  Is it a substantial improvement, or are my eyes just tricking me?

Nonesuch00, yes, some of the sharper angles in the real Reeve's face may be difficult to capture on a Genesis base.

Chris5.jpg
    900 x 900 - 473K
  • grylingrylin Posts: 278

/www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=akibabe09

these are some of mine.unfortunately i have not been making any lately

I think this one is supposed to be Linda Hamilton from her Terminator role, https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/resistance---dtg-studios-zara-for-g3f/116169/

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860
    ThatGuy said:

I think this one is supposed to be Linda Hamilton from her Terminator role, https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/resistance---dtg-studios-zara-for-g3f/116169/

Looks like it to me as well.

• grylingrylin Posts: 278
    edited July 2016

http://www.sharecg.com/v/85651/view/11/Poser/Elena-for-v4

i recently made this one, for v4. based on sigourney weaver as .ellen  ripley

ripley45.jpg
    700 x 700 - 288K
    Post edited by grylin on
    grylin said:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/85651/view/11/Poser/Elena-for-v4

i recently made this one, for v4. based on sigourney weaver as .ellen  ripley

Looks like her too.

• Ikyoto said:
    On rederosity for the character tomboy For V4  if you look on the pages  freebies section thier is a morph for a more feminine looking Face for the character one thought their are Mopph Packages out thier to give her a perfect rump to go in to a pair of Extrem CutOff Short by powerage  wich are designed to work On Victoria 4.

edited August 2016

Here's another WIP of mine that I've actually been working on for quite some time and required some custom morphing.  After scrutinizing this particular face for so long, I could definitely use some fresh eyes to tell me if it's as close as I think it is.  The target is Debby Ryan.  For me at least, some of the best reference images come from her stint on Private Practice, due to her relatively simple hairstyle and especially her apparent lack of make-up.  This one's not the best quality, but most or all higher-quality pictures of her involve different angles, non-neutral expressions, and/or more make-up.

DRSample.jpg
    900 x 900 - 599K
    DRPic.jpg
    318 x 353 - 50K
    Gregorius said:

Here's another WIP of mine that I've actually been working on for quite some time and required some custom morphing.  After scrutinizing this particular face for so long, I could definitely use some fresh eyes to tell me if it's as close as I think it is.  The target is Debby Ryan.  For me at least, some of the best reference images come from her stint on Private Practice, due to her relatively simple hairstyle and especially her apparent lack of make-up.  This one's not the best quality, but most or all higher-quality pictures of her involve different angles, non-neutral expressions, and/or more make-up.

Never heard of her but, well based on the few pictures I looked at it's no wonder you are having trouble. It seems there is a lot of effort made to avoid lighting that reveals what she looks like beyond a what the publicists imagine is an ideal publicity still that is carefully lit and photoshopped.

Based on those though you are close. The nose & jaw-line seem to be missing details but then again in many of the publicity stills those same details are missing so just go though more of her phototos and keep working on it I guess.

This discussion has been closed.