Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,382
    Silver said:

Such a brilliant job so excited to see the rest! You really did a great likeness wishing you lots and lots of sales! 

Thanks so much for the kind wishes!

This character was a labor of love and a sadly sentimental one. About four years ago, Jo (StudioArtVartanian) and I talked about collaborating on these particular characters but held off because there are M4 versions already in the marketplace. Then events prevented me from doing this kind of work until recently and, more tragically, Jo passed away last year. I still miss her. The timing just came together this fall for me to do what she and I had talked about all those years ago with a new figure and it seemed kind of fitting. These guys are dedicated to her memory, skill and talent. 

I'm so sorry your lost your friend, Jo. I'm sure she would be proud of the work you're doing! It's sweet of you to dedicate the figures to her memory. :)

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,652
    SOOOO excited! I am in love with this character, had to buy him even though I usually don't render with males, but for these, I definitely have to ante up :-) Put me down for a Misha if you ever do more of these in the future!

Just got Sean last night...I'm so giddy and cannot wait for his brother! And Phoenix, I know you said you're not likely to work on Cass, but I thought I'd just throw in another vote for Cass as well. :-)

So glad you're pleased. I hope to have his brother out sometime this month.

Silver said:

Such a brilliant job so excited to see the rest! You really did a great likeness wishing you lots and lots of sales! 

This character was a labor of love and a sadly sentimental one. About four years ago, Jo (StudioArtVartanian) and I talked about collaborating on these particular characters but held off because there are M4 versions already in the marketplace. Then events prevented me from doing this kind of work until recently and, more tragically, Jo passed away last year. I still miss her. The timing just came together this fall for me to do what she and I had talked about all those years ago with a new figure and it seemed kind of fitting. These guys are dedicated to her memory, skill and talent. 

I'm so sorry your lost your friend, Jo. I'm sure she would be proud of the work you're doing! It's sweet of you to dedicate the figures to her memory. :)

Thank you. I know she's missed by many.

You know, we had a good laugh about the boys' hair. Like she usually did, Jo was planning to make appropriate hair figures to go with them and Dean was easy (not to make per se, but what style to create was a done deal). What we couldn't decide on was which season to pick for Sam's hair and/or his outrageous sideburns. 

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

Silver said:

I am so glad you decided to go ahead with them, she would be so proud! We had talked about collabing for a guy i wanted to make for a long time now but we were never on the same page at the same time on when we could start them so I understand that completely. Maybe one day I will attempt them, but i have nowhere near your talent with resembles! What a great tribute to her, she would be blushing for sure lol 

• kimhkimh Posts: 388

I picked up Sean too. I never could get into the Supernatureal show even though Hubby and I watch most fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, mystical show there is. However, the character is such a stunner that I couldn't resist and I plan to pick up the companion brother. Thanks for making such incredible characters. Both yours and the SAV characters are always some of the first on my wishlist and i pick them up when I can

Silver said:

Silver said:

I am so glad you decided to go ahead with them, she would be so proud! We had talked about collabing for a guy i wanted to make for a long time now but we were never on the same page at the same time on when we could start them so I understand that completely. Maybe one day I will attempt them, but i have nowhere near your talent with resembles! What a great tribute to her, she would be blushing for sure lol 

Thanks! This was my first time trying to commercially create a figure that resembled an actual person. My very first and only attempt before this was when I first got into Poser too many years ago to admit to, and I wanted a Spike for myself. The kindest thing I can say about that attempt is that it looked nothing like him. I hope you give your guy a shot someday.

kimh said:

I picked up Sean too. I never could get into the Supernatureal show even though Hubby and I watch most fantasy, sci-fi, comic book, mystical show there is. However, the character is such a stunner that I couldn't resist and I plan to pick up the companion brother. Thanks for making such incredible characters. Both yours and the SAV characters are always some of the first on my wishlist and i pick them up when I can

So happy to hear you're pleased with him. You know, I don't think I would have given the show a chance, but the summer before they launched, an ad caught my ear. Their promo in the U.S. (one of them, at least) had "Out of My Hands" by the Dave Matthews Band playing and I find that song very atmospheric. Then I realized almost everyone behind the camera was from X-Files. Since I had enjoyed the earlier seasons of that show, I gave it a shot. I don't think it's as good as it used to be, but the two leads are still nice to look at. smiley Back to work on "Dan" for me!

• eyet33theyet33th Posts: 112
    edited November 2017

i am not usually very successful in trying to create lookalike face morphs, but sometimes it works out ok. these are mostly dialspun, with extensive use of Godin's lip and nose morphs. many of them have custom eyebrows, mostly taken from an eyebrown brush pack for Photoshop.

this is Danielle Nicolet, she plays a recurring role on The Flash.

this is Candice Patton, she plays Iris West on The Flash.

Image removed

Stefania Ferrario, a model

Image removed

Taraji P. Henson, an actress

Jessie J, a singer. still not completely happy with this one.

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,034
    edited November 2017

This thread generated another sale for you @Phoenix1966 - Just picked up you new character..  Amazing work.  can't wait to see the rest of the gang and another vote for Cas !

Post edited by bohemian3 on
    bohemian3 said:

This thread generated another sale for you @Phoenix1966 - Just picked up you new character..  Amazing work.  can't wait to see the rest of the gang and another vote for Cas !

I hope you enjoy him. "Dan" should be next, followed by papa "James", who has an unnatural attachment to a modified baseball bat. wink

eyet33th said:

i am not usually very successful in trying to create lookalike face morphs, but sometimes it works out ok. these are mostly dialspun, with extensive use of Godin's lip and nose morphs. many of them have custom eyebrows, mostly taken from an eyebrown brush pack for Photoshop.

Very nice! You have a good eye for creating look-alikes! That's a tough thing to do (I've tried lol). Good work on the characters you've done so far! :)

eyet33th said:

Very nice! You have a good eye for creating look-alikes! That's a tough thing to do (I've tried lol). Good work on the characters you've done so far! :)

thank you! these are just the successful ones though... i have a giant folder full failed attempts XD

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,543

The picture you showed of Candice Patton is not her.  That is the actress who playes Joe West's love interest.

• tkdrobert said:

The picture you showed of Candice Patton is not her.  That is the actress who playes Joe West's love interest.

The titles are above the pics - but some of the pics got removed (not TOS-friendly?) so it looks like that label is under the previous photo

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I believe they place the names above the picture instead of the more common approach of captioning bellow so the names are correct.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,543

Ah roger that.

edited November 2017
    tkdrobert said:

sorry yes i could have arranged the post more clearly, also some pics were removed,  i guess because i used black bars to censor my test renders instead of rendering them with clothes

Candice Patton i'll make face renders of Jessie J and Stefania Ferrario later.

Post edited by eyet33th on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2017

Greetings,

I actually wanted to bop by this thread and congratulate @Phoenix1966 also.  The 'Sean' character was an insta-buy, and I actually missed the early discount because I don't go to 'rosity that often anymore.  But when I saw him, I didn't care, I had to have it.  :)  My wife and I call the show, 'Two hot guys shooting stuff', because that's what we watch it for, mostly. :)  It's actually had some really SPECTACULAR seasons (for us, it was when they really in-show embraced the fandom) but most of the time it's just 'pretty good'.

But the likeness was blow-my-hair-back striking, and the free tattoo was a perfect add-on, so once again, thanks for that!

--  Morgan

p.s. I'll definitely by Dam (or whatever you call his brother), and maybe their dad, but a Cas/Misha would be an epic add!  His face seems so plastic/changeable sometimes, it might be harder...

Post edited by CypherFOX on

Glad to hear you like him! His "brother" is next in line and you can see glimpses of him (very much a WiP) in my gallery here and/or at 'Rosity.

I'm pretty sure their "dad" will be the last simply because I find doing these kinds of characters more limiting than completely original ones. I'll never have the knack for it like Jo had (StudioArtVartanian).

"Two hot guys shooting stuff"  sounds much better than "Saving people, hunting things". smiley

• eyet33th said:
    tkdrobert said:

sorry yes i could have arranged the post more clearly, also some pics were removed,  i guess because i used black bars to censor my test renders instead of rendering them with clothes

Candice Patton i'll make face renders of Jessie J and Stefania Ferrario later.

That's really good!

• I apologise if this has been asked before, but is there any lookalike morph for Daisy Ridley? I've tried my hand at creating one, but I'm not overly satisfied with it.

Best Regards,

Jason

• jenniferhugheyjenniferhughey Posts: 404
    edited November 2017

There's a melisande from GOT over at the "other" store..gorgeous likeness! Named Melis..not sure if we can post links?

Post edited by jenniferhughey on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,860

Actress Carice van Houten as Melisandre, the Red Priestess, from Game of Thrones.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=123594&AID=666

• nDelphi said:

Actress Carice van Houten as Melisandre, the Red Priestess, from Game of Thrones.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=123594&AID=666

That's her..I wasn't sure if we could post other store links here :-)

• Anyone else think she looks like the olsen twins when they were in their early 20's? https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-lorin-hd-for-aiko-7?cjref=1&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate

edited November 2017

Anyone else think she looks like the olsen twins when they were in their early 20's? https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-lorin-hd-for-aiko-7?cjref=1&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate

I had to look up photos of the Olsen twins and compare them, but yeah, you're right, that character does look a little like them - more-so in the Lorin Hair promos.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • jenniferhugheyjenniferhughey Posts: 404
    edited November 2017

Anyone else think she looks like the olsen twins when they were in their early 20's? https://www.daz3d.com/p3d-lorin-hd-for-aiko-7?cjref=1&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate

I had to look up photos of the Olsen twins and compare them, but yeah, you're right, that character does look a little like them - more-so in the Lorin Hair promos.

oh definitely..somethingabout the eyes. https://www.daz3d.com/lorin-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

Post edited by jenniferhughey on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787

Maybe a Britney Spears-inspired character? What ya'll think?

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=78191

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited November 2017

Here's another WIP of mine for G8M.  I'm not sure how close I am, so let's see how many of you can at least guess who this is.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Some awesome designs but what I'm wondering....no one mentioned facegen pro.  All you need is a front and side view of a person and it comes out 90 percent perfect on the first try.  And its the rare program that's designed to be seamless in daz from the get go.  It even gives Daz specific instructions.  I'm just thinking of all the people sweating every last detail of these amazing models without it when the whole process can be completed in minutes.  Also it can morph your models in very precise ways.  For example I have an Leonardo De Caprio face I use when I want my gen 2 model to have a big wide flat head.  The hardest part is finding a good side picture.  One solution I've used is searches for 'celebrity mugshots'. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,076

Well I understand why someone might want to learn to accurately model - the same reason why some sculpt, paint, or animate when there are cameras and 3D printers available. It's enjoyable to learn to do something nice. Even better when you can do something nice as the only way you can afford anything nice.

This discussion has been closed.