Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Timesurfer said:

LOL today' webinar convinced me to pre order Genesis 9 and the price just went up to $111 again :P 

I'll wait....

And the individual character went up to $42. I guess I won't be getting her anytime soon. 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

Kerya said:

Personally I am happy it did not show up this weekend. Things happening on weekends have a tendency to be problematic and very few people working means more unhappy persons ... Just my opinion, of course.

I'm inclined to agree with you. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Kerya said:

Personally I am happy it did not show up this weekend. Things happening on weekends have a tendency to be problematic and very few people working means more unhappy persons ... Just my opinion, of course.

But there is still one week end left for them to release it ondevil

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

At $111+change+tax, I guess I'll replace my car taillight that I've been prepping to sale for half that price instead, as that V9 bundle price is just too much.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 508
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but there is 22 pages in this thread, but Gen 9 has to be used with a new version of studio if I read right.... which will be released same day. So my question is will the issues with Ghost Lights be solved? I have not updated to the recent version because of that. My main lighting is ghost lights by kindred arts. So I hope ghost lights can be used in it now. Thanks.
  • Charlie Judge said:

Timesurfer said:

LOL today' webinar convinced me to pre order Genesis 9 and the price just went up to $111 again :P 

I'll wait....

And the individual character went up to $42. I guess I won't be getting her anytime soon. 

What was the price? I bought it on 05/10 and it was $111.99, did I pay the wrong price?
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

I believe the version they use is DS4.21 which was released last week.

rayglendenning said:

Charlie Judge said:

Timesurfer said:

I'll wait....

What was the price? I bought it on 05/10 and it was $111.99, did I pay the wrong price?

According to DAZ Deals the price on 5 Oct was $78.39. However, I understand there was a previous temporary store glitch  when it lost its introductory discount. I hope DAZ sees fit to again restore the introductory discount.

• arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 272
    edited October 2022

rayglendenning said:

It cost me $78.39 on the 14th. You might want to try a ticket--

Post edited by arks0ng on
  • Thank you for watching everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed the spontaneous Hank 9 stream :-)

@Decoyboy: What Pendraia said is correct, the version you need for Genesis 9 is 4.21, which has been released this week.

PA's have received a small update for the G9 base figure last week, so it looks like the team are still putting finishing touches on it (small UV update on the arms).

And yes, there will be non-PA products available for the morphs: Head Shapes, Body Shapes and Expressions, in addition to the G9 Starter Essentials. 

Thanks Pendraia and Jay for the response, but the question was does the new studio release work with ghost lights now? If it doesn't, then I might just hold off on updating Studio and not use Gen 9 until a version of Studio comes out that can handle both.
  • Decoyboy said:

Thanks Pendraia and Jay for the response, but the question was does the new studio release work with ghost lights now? If it doesn't, then I might just hold off on updating Studio and not use Gen 9 until a version of Studio comes out that can handle both.

The ghost lights issue is that NVidia changed the way they work. There's nothing DAZ can do about it. So there isn't going to be a version of Studio that works with the old ghost lights.

Decoyboy said:

The ghost lights issue is that NVidia changed the way they work. There's nothing DAZ can do about it. So there isn't going to be a version of Studio that works with the old ghost lights.

Well that's a bummer. I really like kindred arts ghost lights. Guess I have to decide what to do now. Thanks for the answer and help.
  • Indeed, nothing about the ghost lights behaviour has changed. KindredArts (the vendor of the original ghost lights) has created a new product that works with 4.16 and above: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit-one

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Decoyboy said:

No problem...I'm patiently waiting for genesis 9 to arrive myself. 

• silver_nutbarsilver_nutbar Posts: 3
    edited October 2022

Decoyboy said: Sorry if this has been answered already, but there is 22 pages in this thread, but Gen 9 has to be used with a new version of studio if I read right.... which will be released same day. So my question is will the issues with Ghost Lights be solved? I have not updated to the recent version because of that. My main lighting is ghost lights by kindred arts. So I hope ghost lights can be used in it now. Thanks.

You can try changing the lumination to a ridiculously high number as well. The lower the opacity, the higher the lights have to go. Like, instead of the 1500 base, try setting it  to 1,500,000,000. May need to add a few more zeroes. Then just lower it slowly until you have the lighting you want. If it's stupidly bright, lower it. If it's barely working, add a few zeroes.

Might be good to try it by just putting in a figure, throwing a primitive in there, making it an emissive surface, setting the opacity to like 0.00001, then just cranking up the lumination to a couple of billion. Good practice.

Post edited by silver_nutbar on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    edited October 2022

If this, or anything like it has been posted previously, I missed it, but at least we know G9 isn't some cruel hoax, or DAZ Urban Legend. Crow's Wings do not show it in the catalog page's Compatible Figures list, but in DAZ Studio (latest version) the product shows options for G9. Thanks Arki! Thanks for looking out for us and planning ahead.

Crow's Wings

G9_Crow_Wings.jpg
    638 x 553 - 117K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • Decoyboy said:

butterflyfish said:

Decoyboy said:

Well that's a bummer. I really like kindred arts ghost lights. Guess I have to decide what to do now. Thanks for the answer and help.

Iray Ghost Light Kit One by Kindred Arts and RavenLoor is the fix I use now. 

• Interactive Licenses

Get Interactive Licenses for just $10 each*

-> Can't you fix the shopping cart so that I can buy the interactive license at least for Genesis 9 without buying the product twice?

• Is genesis 9 already out?
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

No. If you check your Product Library, you could search on Genesis 9 Starter Essentials and not find it. I just typed in '9' and only my preorder for the Victoria 9 Pre Order Bundle showed up, along with all other products with a '9' in the name.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I heard someone say that it would be available from 'mid to late October'. Giving DAZ some wiggle room on the release date. Although for the product's luck, I hope it is not on 31 Oct.

Hermann said:

Interactive Licenses

-> Can't you fix the shopping cart so that I can buy the interactive license at least for Genesis 9 without buying the product twice?

You already can purchase the license without purchasing the item twice. Simply check the 'Add interactive license' block and a "Add to cart button should replace the purchased button.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited October 2022

Hermann said:

Interactive Licenses

They should fix that yes but you should, in your cart, have the product in there, and a 2nd entry for the license in there, so you can just delete the product out of your cart and leave the license. That is how I did it. I've not done it for a few months though so if they've changed that, my apologies.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

The Victoria 9 Pre order bundle and character items have returned to their introductory price. Thanks, Richard and DAZ.

• nonesuch00 said:

Hermann said:

Interactive Licenses

They should fix that yes but you should, in your cart, have the product in their, and a 2nd entry for the license in there, so you can just delete the product out of your cart and leave the license. That is how I did it. I've not done it for a few months though so if they've changed that, my apologies.

I don't understand the issue - I go to the product page, for the bundle in my case, check the Interactive License and the Puchased button changes to Add License. Click that and it adds the license, without a second copy of the bundle, to my cart.

• Jay Versluis said:

Indeed, nothing about the ghost lights behaviour has changed. KindredArts (the vendor of the original ghost lights) has created a new product that works with 4.16 and above: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit-one

IIRC, if you own the original ghost lights, this should only be a couple dollars in your cart. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Richard Haseltine said:

nonesuch00 said:

Hermann said:

Interactive Licenses

They should fix that yes but you should, in your cart, have the product in their, and a 2nd entry for the license in there, so you can just delete the product out of your cart and leave the license. That is how I did it. I've not done it for a few months though so if they've changed that, my apologies.

I don't understand the issue - I go to the product page, for the bundle in my case, check the Interactive License and the Puchased button changes to Add License. Click that and it adds the license, without a second copy of the bundle, to my cart.

Works the same way for me as it does for Richard. 

• butterflyfish said:

Jay Versluis said:

Indeed, nothing about the ghost lights behaviour has changed. KindredArts (the vendor of the original ghost lights) has created a new product that works with 4.16 and above: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit-one

IIRC, if you own the original ghost lights, this should only be a couple dollars in your cart. 

oh thx for the tip.
    2$ is a very low price for the new kit

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

Something tells me that Gen 9 will launch after this catch-up sale will end

• no nose said:

Something tells me that Gen 9 will launch after this catch-up sale will endf

That was my guess too, after seeing the catch-up sale this morning lasting for 48 hours. Wednesday of this week feels fairly "mid-October" to me.