Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Me too! Yay...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,845

I got 2 starter essentials packages, too. but I still get missing file errors when I load Victori 9 HD.

/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9 Starter Essentials/G9 Eyebrows Fiber Style 09 AOD/UV Sets/Daz 3D/Base/default.dsf
    /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Anatomical Elements Female/UV Sets/Daz 3D/Base/default.dsf

/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Anatomical Elements Male/UV Sets/Daz 3D/Base/default.dsf

/Runtime/Textures/Daz/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Skin_Details/Genesis9_GensF_NM_1001.jpg

/Runtime/Textures/Daz/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Skin_Details/Genesis9_GensM01_NM_1001.jpg

/Runtime/Textures/Daz/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Skin_Details/Genesis9_GensF_NM_1001.jpg

/Runtime/Textures/Daz/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Skin_Details/Genesis9_GensM01_NM_1001.jpg

• arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 272

barbult said:

I got 2 starter essentials packages, too. but I still get missing file errors when I load Victori 9 HD.

/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9 Starter Essentials/G9 Eyebrows Fiber Style 09 AOD/UV Sets/Daz 3D/Base/default.dsf
    /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Anatomical Elements Female/UV Sets/Daz 3D/Base/default.dsf

Interesting. The essentials don't include anatomic elements, so... was Vic meant to come with them? Did they forget? Has that been missed?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389
    edited October 2022

arks0ng said:

barbult said:

Interesting. The essentials don't include anatomic elements, so... was Vic meant to come with them? Did they forget? Has that been missed?

In the past you had to buy the Pro bundle for the anatomicals 

I'm assumeing G9 will be the same

Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited October 2022

There are missing errors when loading the card and fiber eyebrows also.

That said she looks good. I haven't tried the masculine version yet.

First render.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Pendraia on

There appears to be something slightly odd with illumination around the sole of the foot. Like an off SS setting or something.

Anyway, here's bases in as neutral lighting conditions as possible. Imma do some Vic now in her thread

Doing these also brings up a query — now that we FINALLY have the ability to render truly androgenous characters (trans shapes for gen8 was a step there tho), at what point does Daz consider a body feminine enough to require covering of the breasts? (I also wonder how this relates to trans and nonbinary characters)

• Victoria 9 HD: https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-9-hd

So i have that with the presale bundle? DIM showed the Gen 9 Starter Essentials so far, nothing else...

• How long does it usually take for a preorder to show up in the assets of the program? First time ordering a preorder, so i am a bit confused as why it shows V9 on the shop page, eventhought i have preordered her.

• MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 337

generalgameplaying said:

Victoria 9 HD: https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-9-hd

So i have that with the presale bundle? DIM showed the Gen 9 Starter Essentials so far, nothing else...

Same here, Genesis 9 Essentials + free pre-order stuff (Voss Hair + Summer Bikini),
    but no Victoria 9 stuff available to download here ... Just a black box with rotating circle. 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,145
    edited October 2022
    I thought the Voss Hair was free with only getting the V9-character only Pre-Order but it's not in my account. I'll wait to see what happens, if it's not eventually added in by the end of the day. I don't want a refund because I like the character. Just means, that I won't be buying their new releases anymore.
    Post edited by MimicMolly on

huh, for some reason my images didn't attach. Here's another go

1.jpg
    3333 x 4000 - 3M
    2.jpg
    3333 x 4000 - 3M
  • generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 517
    edited October 2022

I think it also said "HD" with the preorder bundle. So i'll assume it's just not rolled out (correctly?) yet.

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • no noseno nose Posts: 306
    edited October 2022

no nose said:

Something tells me that Gen 9 will launch after this catch-up sale will end

I called it, not sure how I should feel about this though

also maybe I misread something but wasn't voss hair supposed to be part of the pre-order?

Post edited by no nose on
  • I'm also getting all the load failures that others have reported this morning with Victoria 9 HD. Other points to note - there are almost no body morphs, almost no head morphs, no expressions (at all), and no alternative texture options for eyes, lips, makeup etc. There DO appear to be 'anatomical details' in terms of textures - there are load icons in the character folder. But they fail due to the textures being missing. So I can only assume that the usual packages will follow in due course with the morph sets, the pro pack with anatomical details, and expression packs. I note that some expressions and makeup options are in the store, unclear whether these are the 'standard' set. But the body, head and expression morphs appear to be absent. Somewhat disappointed this morning. Not least with the load errors - this isn't rocket science to test the installer on a clean test machine.

• TreeDeeTreeDee Posts: 69

Purchased the Victoria 9 pre bundle... got the email saying "Download Victoria 9 now!" Was so excited... downloaded Gen 9 and.... where's Victoria? Shop says I've purchased it... out there in the ether... paid too early obviously.

no nose said:

also maybe I misread something but wasn't voss hair supposed to be part of the pre-order?

Don't worry, "buy this to get this also" deals always take a while to show in your products. Give it a few hours, a day at most, and we should get our bonuses. Their bot just has to add it to each account.

As for us not getting the things in the bundle itself... such as the makeup for me, or literally Vic herself for others... well that's a different big mess

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

First render of Genesis 9 base masculine shape wearing Dash Outfit for G8.1 male and Scott Hair G2 Male. Suprised the sandals auto-fitted well.  Was disappointed G8 poses don't work so picked one from the G9 Essentials bundle to test dForcing the outfit.  

Genesis 9 Male dforce test.jpg
    1052 x 1200 - 226K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited October 2022

My first render of Genesis 8 base female shape wearing dForce Abby Holiday Dress and G9 Voss Hair as I had mixed results auto-fitting G8F hair. Was very suprised the outfit's heels fit perfectly with the G9 preset Walking pose 09.

Genesis 9 Female dForce test.jpg
    1052 x 1200 - 226K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • beregarberegar Posts: 269

arks0ng said:

Interseting implementation of the masc/fem sides though! 

All you people obssessed with the nipples, ur prayers have been answered 

but it's missing individually animatable nipples, ginormous milk-maid victoria fantasy nipples, and tentacle monster-victoria nipples (possibly with teeth). I'm totally boycotting it!

• beregarberegar Posts: 269

Lindsey said:

First render of Genesis 9 base masculine shape wearing Dash Outfit for G8.1 male and Scott Hair G2 Male. Suprised the sandals auto-fitted well.  Was disappointed G8 poses don't work so picked one from the G9 Essentials bundle to test dForcing the outfit.  

That looks to be working well... wasn't there supposed to be a pose converter though? I'm probably misremembering but I recall there being talks about one and I got the impressions it was supposed to be free, too.

edited October 2022

Using the Victoria 9 HD base I had a play in zbrush and created some morphs...

my morphs.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • Just noticed when i click on presale it cannot be found but if you add to cart you can see a cool new victoria 9 thumbnail in check out

• inmymoonsuitinmymoonsuit Posts: 37
    edited October 2022

Starter Essentials are in my DIM.

Delayed waiting for moderation -- sorry everyone.

Post edited by inmymoonsuit on
  • oddboboddbob Posts: 367

beregar said:

That looks to be working well... wasn't there supposed to be a pose converter though? I'm probably misremembering but I recall there being talks about one and I got the impressions it was supposed to be free, too.

It was demonstrated in the first stream. PA product though, not free.

The list of items in the character essential package is interesting.

• Anyone else not seeing Victoria 9 in DIM?

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 522

rayglendenning said:

Anyone else not seeing Victoria 9 in DIM?

I don't have my preordered items either Logged a ticket.

Underwhelmed by the Genesis 9 Base Female. The pale skin looks like Victoria 8.1, even has her image.

With the inability of Daz executing preorders, this is not a good start.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

rayglendenning said:

Anyone else not seeing Victoria 9 in DIM?

Yes. The preordered products don't seem to have been added for everybody yet (some have them, some don't), and some people see the products in Product library section but not DIM.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889
    edited October 2022

I don't understand why they keep adding things automatically, when they mess this every single time. Just use the bough presale item as a token to make the relevant items free when added to cart and let everyone buy them manually, like any other if you own x, get y free offer.

Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • inmymoonsuitinmymoonsuit Posts: 37
    edited October 2022

Victoria 9 can now be downlaoded, and Victoria 9-related items are in the store, but there's no Genesis 9 download yet so the figure doesn't work. Will this be added soon?

Delayed waiting for moderation. Ignore.

Post edited by inmymoonsuit on
  • alienareaalienarea Posts: 522

Unsatisfied.