Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• Genesis 9 character essentials which includes the anatomical elements is a separate thing and doesn't come with the HD bundle? Am I understanding that right? If I'm right I don't even have the words for how disappointed this makes me.

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-character-essentials

• Haruchai said:

generalgameplaying said:

CMKook-24601 said:

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I preordered the V9 bundle (the big one) and as of 7:44am Oct 19 2022 I still do not have access to download any of it, not via Daz Central, not the DIM nor manual install.

This is really bad look for Daz3d as a company, they should have been sure to have all the preorder downloads ready to launch BEFORE launching for purchase to the store. If you preordered you should NOT be stuck unable to get the items you paid for with no recourse other than Daz3d slow ticket system.

Whatever the reason, the presales bundle content just isn't there. The Starter Essentials got assigned correctly and could be downloaded - they're for free and in the shop now. 

Do i understand this right? Those who preordered don't have Victoria 9 HD content but those who buy now have? That would be bugs then.

If just no one has Victoria 9 yet, i'd put that under hiccough, or maybe it's even smart to first iron out bugs of the general package, then start the specialized one. Though with ordinary sales being up, that doesn't appear to be the strategy at all...

Preorders do not seem to have been allocated yet but buying now will give you access to the files. I guess it's a manual process, or button press, that needs to happen DAZ side to add the items to our available items/DIM. Waiting patiently for that to happen.

If you shop here and don't expect things like this and get worked up about it you are going to shave years off your life with stress.

I preordered the figure only, not the bundle, and I do have the download. However, I do not have the download or evidence of a "purchase" for the Voss hair that was supposed to be the freebie with purchase. So maybe it's only an issue with some preorders and preordered content? 

• Riggswolfe said:

Genesis 9 character essentials which includes the anatomical elements is a separate thing and doesn't come with the HD bundle? Am I understanding that right? If I'm right I don't even have the words for how disappointed this makes me.

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-character-essentials

As far as I can tell, yes, that's right. But on the bright side, you get those elements now for much less than the cost of a pro bundle. I paid $12.24 for the Character Essentials, and that was worth it to me jsut for the for the eyebrows, eyelashes, etc.

• vagansvagans Posts: 422

For the Genesis 9 base character, different eye colors are a LIE texture... is this how all G9 figures will be? Is this so sclera and iris can be applied separately to combine a look? I'm not seeing a way to apply a base texture to an eye to "reset" it and start again.

• Oh, I also have noticed zero issues as far as viewport slowdown or render issues with the new figure. I rendered two Genesis 9 figures with absolutely no problem. I know this was a big topic in this thread and elsewhere before release. Has anyone noticed anything worth adding about that?

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I am not liking the Gen 9 at all right now!

Not much to do with it right now!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

well good news is G8.1 Mimic Configuration seems to work in Lipsync

• Haruchai said:

generalgameplaying said:

CMKook-24601 said:

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but I preordered the V9 bundle (the big one) and as of 7:44am Oct 19 2022 I still do not have access to download any of it, not via Daz Central, not the DIM nor manual install.

This is really bad look for Daz3d as a company, they should have been sure to have all the preorder downloads ready to launch BEFORE launching for purchase to the store. If you preordered you should NOT be stuck unable to get the items you paid for with no recourse other than Daz3d slow ticket system.

Whatever the reason, the presales bundle content just isn't there. The Starter Essentials got assigned correctly and could be downloaded - they're for free and in the shop now. 

Do i understand this right? Those who preordered don't have Victoria 9 HD content but those who buy now have? That would be bugs then.

If just no one has Victoria 9 yet, i'd put that under hiccough, or maybe it's even smart to first iron out bugs of the general package, then start the specialized one. Though with ordinary sales being up, that doesn't appear to be the strategy at all...

Preorders do not seem to have been allocated yet but buying now will give you access to the files. I guess it's a manual process, or button press, that needs to happen DAZ side to add the items to our available items/DIM. Waiting patiently for that to happen.

If you shop here and don't expect things like this and get worked up about it you are going to shave years off your life with stress.

I pre-ordered Victoria 9 HD (only - not the bundle) yesterday evening, prior to launch. It was there in DIM downloads this morning (UK time: UTC+1), alongside the genesis 9 essentials packages. Downloaded, installed and loaded into 4.21 just fine, but with the same missing files that others have reported. So it's not just pre-orders that are missing. 

• CMKook-24601 said:

Also I have noticed that on the Daz3d store the individual items that are part of the bundle shill show as being buyable rather than what usually happens when you buy a bundle and they get marked as purchased.

I think i had noticed that too! 

Made a ticket about items not showing in DIM.

@Haruchai

Yes, ok :).

• donavanneilart said:

I preordered the figure only, not the bundle, and I do have the download. However, I do not have the download or evidence of a "purchase" for the Voss hair that was supposed to be the freebie with purchase. So maybe it's only an issue with some preorders and preordered content? 

Reading latest replies here... could be that all bundled content, and that would include the HD intro bundle, got bungled.

• voicejdvoicejd Posts: 11

On the brightside I can render the base character without any issues on a dated system!  Hopefully it gets resolved soon.  I think genesis 9 will be fun to work with (once I can actually download v9....

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,025
    edited October 2022

donavanneilart said:

beregar said:

donavanneilart said:

Guys, V9 and the Genesis 9 figure are great. Victoria 9 is like Victoria 8.1 on steroids, and do you see how beautiful and natural the arm bend is on just the base figure?!

Eh, they look good but I'm just wondering how well they will hold up when you dial in big characters like the Brute and Swole - which hopefully will make their way to Gen9 as well, seeing that I do use those characters a lot. I mostly do fantasy themed renders as opposed to contemporary and realistic ones (for that I can always step out into the real world...). Gen8 had problems even with big but still realistic bodybuilder type characters. Especially if you were to get, say, a good bicep flex.

I wonder if they managed to resolve the problem with big bellied characters and bends, too. Real bellies just don't behave the way they currently do if you bend character forward... though I guess this would require soft body dynamics rather than just being something you can fix with good bends.

Yeah, those are really great examples of specific cases that have been a problem in the past. I'm hoping since the bends are really well done out of the box for this generation that it means they function better in general. Definitely look forward to seeing how they work with more unusual characters and body types. I hope you will test it and let us know soon, either with something custom or once some of the bigger characters (as you said -- hopefully) do make their way to Gen9. 

I've been messing around with custom morphs in ZBrush and the figure is much easier to work with than G8 for me. I haven't tried making a bigger character yet, but this is Victoria 9 with ZBrush morphs and I gave her a significantly bigger waistline and a bigger belly. There was a little bit of the usual folding when a character doesn't have a corrective morph for unusual shapes, but it was much easier to smooth out.

v901.png
    2882 x 2262 - 6M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Are there any Morphs for G9 yet, body and head morphs they usually come out at release.

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 105

I was wondering what happened. I will check back periodically to see if the errors are rectified. I did see the hair, bikini and starter essentials in my account. Hopefully, this will be corrected by the time I leave work. I understand that Daz is 2 time zones behind me, so I can be patient. 

scorpio said:

Are there any Morphs for G9 yet, body and head morphs they usually come out at release.

The official Daz morphs aren't out yet, but there's a Zeddicus morph/pose pack on the main sales page. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited October 2022

generalgameplaying said:

CMKook-24601 said:

Some people who preordered have the products already, but a lot don't have it yet. And some people who have it in their account don't find it in DIM.

Post edited by Leana on
  • KerwinKerwin Posts: 124

Don't see most of my preordered items either. I did get the "Download Victoria 9 Now!" I'm assuming this is another screw-up that DAZ set out in the dark of night. Maybe they figure I'll wade through over 27 pages of comments to figure out what's going on or whether I should entire a ticket or what...

alienarea said:

rayglendenning said:

Anyone else not seeing Victoria 9 in DIM?

I don't have my preordered items either Logged a ticket.

Underwhelmed by the Genesis 9 Base Female. The pale skin looks like Victoria 8.1, even has her image.

With the inability of Daz executing preorders, this is not a good start.

• weiglhweiglh Posts: 5

I also have the issue that I can’t download the items from the pre-order bundle. I also created a ticket about it. But judging from the posts here it seems that it is a general issue.

Does anyone understand the policy behind the Body Morphs? In the past it was possible to get body morphs to adjust your figures body shape, or to make it look older, or younger. The corresponding packages came for round about US$20.00 each. But for Genesis 9 I only found merchant resource packages at costs of US$ 9999.95 each!

Is this right? Do they no longer allow common users to modify the characters they bought? Do we have to live with just what merchants will provide us?

If so, then I wonder if the people at DAZ are still living on the same planet as I.

• tim3561tim3561 Posts: 27
    edited October 2022

In addition to the error messages you got working with Genesis 9 (and apparently also Victoria 9, which I can't confirm yet because she doesn't appear in my DAZ Central...) the Anatomical Elements (coming with the Genesis 9 Character Essentials) don't seem to be quite finished either.

do_not_enable.jpg
    704 x 261 - 34K
    Post edited by tim3561 on
  • LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

Seeing purchased on the bundle, but not on the subcontent, or on the theoretical free bonus stuff.  Little irked, since it's making it hard to tell if I want to take advantage of any other elements of the sale.  

• weiglhweiglh Posts: 5

Haruchai said:

generalgameplaying said:

CMKook-24601 said:

I have purchased the preorder-bundle and can't download the items either. When I try to 'purchase' the items separate, as you suggested, it wants me to pay them separate. So, at least for me, your idea doesn't work.

weiglh said:

I also have the issue that I can’t download the items from the pre-order bundle. I also created a ticket about it. But judging from the posts here it seems that it is a general issue.

Does anyone understand the policy behind the Body Morphs? In the past it was possible to get body morphs to adjust your figures body shape, or to make it look older, or younger. The corresponding packages came for round about US$20.00 each. But for Genesis 9 I only found merchant resource packages at costs of US$ 9999.95 each!

Is this right? Do they no longer allow common users to modify the characters they bought? Do we have to live with just what merchants will provide us?

If so, then I wonder if the people at DAZ are still living on the same planet as I.

No, they just haven't released the standard morph packages yet. Those have always been optional anyway and were never required for the basic morphing functionality to work. Also modifying these characters is their primary functionality, so this is a pretty wild scenario regardless. 

• tim3561tim3561 Posts: 27

An update for Genesis 9 Starter Essentials is available. (My DAZ Central is downloading it right now.) Maybe it will fix the problems with the eyebrows.

• DIM had the Gen 9 Essentials and the HD Victoria.  No Voss hair though but I am sure it will show up later. 

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,936

weiglh said:

Haruchai said:

generalgameplaying said:

CMKook-24601 said:

I have purchased the preorder-bundle and can't download the items either. When I try to 'purchase' the items separate, as you suggested, it wants me to pay them separate. So, at least for me, your idea doesn't work.

What I meant was new purchasers can buy them and get them now, preorder people will have to wait for them to be added to their accounts not buy them again.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,936

plasma_ring said:

weiglh said:

No, they just haven't released the standard morph packages yet. Those have always been optional anyway and were never required for the basic morphing functionality to work. Also modifying these characters is their primary functionality, so this is a pretty wild scenario regardless. 

These packages are for commercial vendors to create characters to sell, we mere mortals are waiting for the standard packages, that we assume are coming, to drop.

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

Well i've gotten around to playing with the stuff I got for a bit, so here's my (worthless) thoughts so far:

Firstly, if you told me showed me this photo and said this was a new gen, I'd doubt it. I haven't noticed many differences between this and 8.1, and the ones that I did weren't things that I consider exciting. (Expect for the face controls powerpose not working, pls fix)

Maybe it's just me, but I also found the eyebrows to be a bit weird to mess around with.

Having both genders on one figure is good (I only mess with one, but i know others are more excited) but it feels weird to still have poses still divided between male and female.

And finally, having expressions move the eyes is one of my biggest pet peeves and ruins how much I used them on 8.1

380th shot.jpg
    500 x 667 - 173K
  • I just tested G9 starter essentials in daz 4.15 and it works, the only thing is that the skin looks dark, but I used the iray uber base and it looks better, only the eyes white looks dark. No expressions but I tested the smile and even on full she looks great, and not as a maniac as previous generation. The base female looks very masculine to me even dialed in full. I have a few questions: there is no autofit clone for G9 to G8, is there any such clones on 4.21 or is it the same? will there be clones later for purchase? Do anyone know if there will be a character converter g8.1 to G9 at some point? sooner rather than later as I love the realistic soft expressions, and the skin converter G8 to G9 anyone knows when that will be avaliable to buy? and head and body morphs and expressions, the base daz originals packs, when? And will there be converters both ways for outfits/poses/chs/ skins ect? love G9 but I need my Lara characters to work on it and all the TONS of stuff I bought for previous generations to work, just plain insanity if I have to invest all that again, and again when G10 turns up! Thanks in advance for answers about this! heartsmiley

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
    edited October 2022

OK, so I don't have Victoria 9 yet, but with the Genesis 9, I am seing a problem with pokethru, with every pose I have tried. (Even zero-posed)

Edit: This has something to do with the Masculine setting, though even turning it off doesn't remove the problem in all poses.

Also the anatomical elements that came with character elements do not seem to have matching textures for the base figure.

test 1.jpg
    600 x 338 - 78K
    Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited October 2022

I preordered the bundle. So far, have Essentials, free Voss hair, free Summer Bikini.....and nothing else. ***sigh*** I ordered against my better judgement, too. That'll learn me.

Ticket entered. Leave it to Daz to totally screw up on release day. indecision

Back to modeling my freebie I go....

Post edited by AllenArt on