Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• veen said:

Richard Haseltine said:

veen said:

No lip surface? The lips are to dry and I wanted to make them a bit glossyer. Any help please?

Check some of the makeup sets, they will - I think - include masks that you could repurpose to modify the materials directrly of through Layered Image Editor. The idea, I believe, is to allow a more natural blend with the surrounding skin than the hard division of a surface group.

So I need to purchase makeup to alter the lip glossyness? It should be standard included in every charater. I hope you made a joke otherwise I refund V9 items I purchased today and never gonna buy any V9 stuff again.

You could also make your own, or someone else may make a map that can be used. For that matter I am not certain there are no such masks in the base, though I don't see any makeup options

• LillianaLilliana Posts: 105
    edited October 2022

When it comes to texture and maps, I would wait until Daz resolves the upload errors before passing judgement. The Essentials kit is the free add-on for DS, so I would imagine that purchasers might see the full set with their purchase. 

I am trying to stay civil as I am wearing my filter (at Work).

Post edited by Lilliana on
  • digitelldigitell Posts: 576
    edited October 2022

I put in a ticket because not all the the items that were included in the bundle were not available for downloading. I recevide the essentitals, but there were several items missing. My Product Library page shows broken images of the items in the bundle. Cant download them.

Edit-1:13PM CST- I now have them all. The images on my Product Library page all show now, so I went to look inside my DIM and they are all there to download. DIM is a bit wonky tho, the filter isnt working properly..when I choose Recent Purchases First, the products show up in alphabetical order so  you got to search out the products to download.

Post edited by digitell on
  • TheRetiredSailorTheRetiredSailor Posts: 259
    edited October 2022

Robert Freise said:

Riggswolfe said:

Genesis 9 character essentials which includes the anatomical elements is a separate thing and doesn't come with the HD bundle? Am I understanding that right? If I'm right I don't even have the words for how disappointed this makes me.

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-character-essentials

Correct

However it was mentioned in another thread that there are NO textures for the anatomical elements 

So if I understand this correctly, one has to purchase the Essentials package to get the anatomical elements.  At that point one would have to either purchase Victoria 9 or wait until a new character is released in order to have a texture? If the anatomical elements are a separate purchase then why not include a texture for the base materials in the package?

Post edited by TheRetiredSailor on
  • KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115

I am having the same issue as everyone else who "pre-ordered" the G9 bundle. Lesson learned.

• No free Voss Hair, no HD bundle contents available for download.

• veenveen Posts: 137

Richard Haseltine said:

veen said:

Richard Haseltine said:

veen said:

No lip surface? The lips are to dry and I wanted to make them a bit glossyer. Any help please?

Check some of the makeup sets, they will - I think - include masks that you could repurpose to modify the materials directrly of through Layered Image Editor. The idea, I believe, is to allow a more natural blend with the surrounding skin than the hard division of a surface group.

So I need to purchase makeup to alter the lip glossyness? It should be standard included in every charater. I hope you made a joke otherwise I refund V9 items I purchased today and never gonna buy any V9 stuff again.

You could also make your own, or someone else may make a map that can be used. For that matter I am not certain there are no such masks in the base, though I don't see any makeup options

Ill get your point but if I buy a new car I dont need to build in my own window washer or second gear right? Sounds a bit cheap to me what you said. I dont want to be an @ssh0le but just saying.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Downloaded the Starter Essentials already at work, but in the process of downloading them again as someone said they were 'fixed' after the initial release.

Looking at the first part while the second one is still downloading, and the contents of "...data\Daz 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Tools\Utilities\" and "...data\Daz 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Tools\Utilities\Developer Kit\" look interesting smiley

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 522

Lilliana said:

Glitch, please delete

My thoughts so far.

• LossowLossow Posts: 102
    edited October 2022

The Blurst of Times said:

Nothing in DIM for me.

The Store says I own the Bundle, but none of the constituent parts. V9, the HD makeup, the clothes... all of these pieces of the Bundle are shown as available for purchase even though I preordered the Bundle.

So, I own a basket of goods, but not the goods themselves, I suppose.

EDIT: Also, none of the Bundle pre-orderer freebies shows up as "owned". I only own the "Bundle" sku, but nothing under that sku shows up as owned.

Same for me.   Seems once Daz have your money they don't give a damn about supplying what you paid for!   How hard can it be to deliver what someone has ordered?   Not happy. 

Post edited by Lossow on
  • Tumbleweed said:

wardmatt1 said:

The Blurst of Times said:

Nothing in DIM for me.

The Store says I own the Bundle, but none of the constituent parts. V9, the HD makeup, the clothes... all of these pieces of the Bundle are shown as available for purchase even though I preordered the Bundle.

So, I own a basket of goods, but not the goods themselves, I suppose.

EDIT: Also, none of the Bundle pre-orderer freebies shows up as "owned". I only own the "Bundle" sku, but nothing under that sku shows up as owned.

Same here.

I'm having the same problem.  Why did I bother pre-ordering? Not doing that again.

Yeah same boat, this launch was a debacle... I love pre order exclusives, but if they can't make sure to launch coreectly... Like I get maybe it was a coding error that cause the pre-order bundle not to launch properly...but since this is a pretty big deal for them you would think they would have staff awake watching to make sure the lauch goes well and fix if not

It is now almost 11 hrs since launch and still can not get access to the items I paid for, and Daz has yet to respond to my ticket...no wonder they have a 2 star rating with the BBB 

• generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 517
    edited October 2022

TheRetiredSailor said:

So if I understand this correctly, one has to purchase the Essentials package to get the anatomical elements.  At that point one would have to either purchase Victoria 9 or wait until a new character is released in order to have a texture? If the anatomical elements are a separate purchase then why not include a texture for the base materials in the package?

Indeed, it's hard to make sense of that. The Starter Essentials come with 4 skins or so for female and male each. So, unless this is just a slip or a bug, if i wanted to make sense of it, it could just be the sales strategy, to only provide materials for those advanced uses with paid products. Talking "strategy", it would of course be a little bit odd, to sell the Character Essentials before having characters, then, though they do contain more eyebrows and eye colors or what not.

On a second thought, it absolutely makes sense to have the base for "advanced features" available, before having characters ~ hen-egg thing. So maybe it's a fair sales strategy, even if at first, content may be perceived as "lacking".

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • One of the problems is that Vic 9 isn't at the top of your DIM (ready to download) list where you would expect it to be... but if you type vic into the search field you may find that she is there... i did.

• beregarberegar Posts: 269

generalgameplaying said:

TheRetiredSailor said:

Indeed, it's hard to make sense of that. The Starter Essentials come with 4 skins or so for female and male each. So, unless this is just a slip or a bug, if i wanted to make sense of it, it could just be the sales strategy, to only provide materials for those advanced uses with paid products. Talking "strategy", it would of course be a little bit odd, to sell the Character Essentials before having characters, then, though they do contain more eyebrows and eye colors or what not.

On a second thought, it absolutely makes sense to have the base for "advanced features" available, before having characters ~ hen-egg thing. So maybe it's a fair sales strategy, even if at first, content may be perceived as "lacking".

I don't think it's quite as nefarious as that. I believe Richard said there should be maps for gens as well for the base skin textures - or perhaps I misread.

Probably just error in packaging. I haven't checked but maybe the textures are actually there but the files to apply them are not. Has anyone actually checked?

Could be also that since they decided to split the anatomical elements into character essentials pack while the base skin textures are part of the starter essentials, they merely forgot to package the gen textures and files into either of those.

• generalgameplaying said:

TheRetiredSailor said:

Sales strategy is a good point that I had considered.  Honestly, I wouldn't blame DAZ for wanting money for the anatomical elements as they have always been an extra purchase (in terms of a larger package).  The part I don't get is why sell them in one package (Essentials) and then sell the textures in another package (a character)?  I mean, the anatomical elements are of zero use unless you can put a texture on them.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Does Genesis 9 use FACS?

I cannot locate it, so I am wondering if that has been dumped?

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

For the love of all things kind and fluffy, can you (DAZ) provide information on what is required to use Genesis 9 and Victoria 9.  Throw me a bone will ya!

Precisely WHAT VERSION of Daz is needed.  Can you say that?  Please?

I don't have a week to figure out all that isn't said, but you might want to say what video drivers are required with that, I don't want to spend a week reading through all the past comlaints of previous daz beta versions. But driver issues rendering Daz useless seem prominent. [I wasted 1 week on this recently, so... for the love of all things kind and fluffy... help.]

Are there any compatibility issues with Daz studio itself.  Does it in any way require an update to Genesis 8 itself?

Is there any plan to make it possible to locate or even label Genesis 9 in the store?  Currenly searching for "Genesis 9" pulls up anything at random seemingly.  (So.. its not supported by the store yet.)

• NewjadeNewjade Posts: 32

I pre-ordered V9. It just showed up in DazCentral for download.

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

idk if its just me, but Diva's seems to be very prone to crashing daz

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

well I found a rat poop in a loaf of my favourite spinach and feta bread the other day

now I will never buy anything from that bakery again

so not having bought V9 and being disappointed due to FOMO and early adoption pales after that wink

they actually had me after finding it (G9) works in Carrara yes but will wait for more content, no hurry

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,936
    edited October 2022

For people saying there are no genitalia textures for the base figure, was there ever? Base (essentials) figures in previous generations didn't come with genitalia textures IIRC. The Gen 9 essentials pack gives you Genitalia normals though and like the older Pro packs Victoria 9 comes with those textures.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Well, it's not a DIM issue for me, anyway. It's a store/database issue.

The Store/Database doesn't recognize that I own the constituent pieces of the Bundle. I own the "Bundle", which is a container sku for the sub-items... but the database doesn't recognize that pre-order as owning any of the sub-items, such as Victoria 9 HD.

I own the "Bundle", but I also own nothing IN the bundle. (When V9 was showing up in the store as a separate purchase, that should have clued me in that the database was going to be fkd.)

Also, it doesn't recognize the bundle sku as triggering for the "free" pre-order items, either.

Anyway... store/database errors, nothing new.
    "First time?".jpg meme, etc. *sigh*

I'd like to have V9 in the library, but she's a raw figure with minimal morphs right now. What am I going to do with her? Nothing, really.

It'll be over a year, I think, before I make use of Genesis 9 to any great extent. She just won't have the ecosystem that prior models have. Kind of sucks not to have her on my system, but aside from that annoyance, it's not really an impact to my use of Daz (which is almost exclusively Genesis 8/8.1 these days).

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

It would be a good idea to start a new thread covering the Victoria 9 launch. That way people wouldn't need to wade through over 20 pages of speculaton.

• Haruchai said:

For people saying there are no genitalia textures for the base figure, was there ever? Base (essentials) figures in previous generations didn't come with genitalia textures IIRC. The Gen 9 essentials pack gives you Genitalia normals though and like the older Pro packs Victoria 9 comes with those textures.

True but they did come with a base texture in the Pro Pack 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Ron Knights said:

It would be a good idea to start a new thread covering the Victoria 9 launch. That way people wouldn't need to wade through over 20 pages of speculaton.

there is a plethora of those wink 

• TheRetiredSailor said:

Sales strategy is a good point that I had considered.  Honestly, I wouldn't blame DAZ for wanting money for the anatomical elements as they have always been an extra purchase (in terms of a larger package).  The part I don't get is why sell them in one package (Essentials) and then sell the textures in another package (a character)?  I mean, the anatomical elements are of zero use unless you can put a texture on them.

The reasoning could be just such:

- A character (DAZ or third party) has a special skin anyway, so DAZ can't provide gens materials ahead of time.

- The skin materials provided with Starter Essentials are not meant to be THAT complete (sales strategy).

- (Third party utilities may exist at some point anyway.)

But maybe that's just speculation. Mr.H. noted, that he assumed or heard the materials would be contained, but maybe i misread that. I guess we'll know at some point...

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

felis said:

Does Genesis 9 use FACS?

I cannot locate it, so I am wondering if that has been dumped?

No addon widget but it's still FACS, just on steroids this time, and just as well for those concerned, best thing DAZ have done in years IMHO

• Robert Freise said:

Haruchai said:

True but they did come with a base texture in the Pro Pack 

I understand both sides of this.  Sure, DAZ is entitled to want money for the anatomical elements textures.  No argument.  My only point is that if they are going to sell something then it needs to be usable.  Anatomical elements without the textures are not usable.  For that reason I feel that the texture should be included with either base textures (which it hasn't been before IIRC) or with the retail product containing the anatomical elements.  I realize that my opinion is not something meaninful beyond being just my opinion.

An earlier post said that Richard had indicated that he thought the textures should be included.  Maybe this is just a launch day hiccup.

• beregarberegar Posts: 269

Haruchai said:

Yes but now there is specifically a product (character essentials) that comes with anatomical elements. You would expect there to be textures, too. I certainly did when I bought it and I'm very surprised if that was not part of the deal.

The what's included lists only what's in the character essentials package and doesn't mention anything about anatomical elements. The anatomical elements part is only in the description, not in what's included. Because of this it's actually imposible to say what's supposed to be in the anatomical elements but since everything else in the package includes textures, you would expect also the anatomical elements to include them.

I mean consider for example buying Victoria or Michael Pro Pack and getting the anatomical elements but not genital texture to go with them. People would likely report the textures missing even if it specifically didn't say it includes textures.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,030

Well, 2 hours & 53 minutes since DAZ day started, I submitted my report to them.

Not a great day, except maintenance found a crushed pipe that is causing the clothes dryer to not exhuast air outside. For a week we have been trying to figure this mess out. Now cutting into walls. Cameras that go into tight places are great.