Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

Create new surface with the geometry editor. Switch from node selection to geometry editor, select the polygons you want, then assign them to the new surface.

Damn I created almost 160 characters for my store on another site but this is new for me, can you make a small tutorial for that please?????????????????

It works with everything, characters, outfits and props. Remember to always switch to the base mesh resolution before editing, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbFileaCUO8

• veenveen Posts: 132
    edited October 2022

PixelSploiting said:

veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

Create new surface with the geometry editor. Switch from node selection to geometry editor, select the polygons you want, then assign them to the new surface.

Damn I created almost 160 characters for my store on another site but this is new for me, can you make a small tutorial for that please?????????????????

It works with everything, characters, outfits and props. Remember to always switch to the base mesh resolution before editing, though.

Alright I understand that part but how can I save it so I can use it on all characters in 1 or 2 clicks?

Post edited by veen on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited October 2022

donavanneilart said:

Jay Versluis said:

I've been messing around with custom morphs in ZBrush and the figure is much easier to work with than G8 for me. I haven't tried making a bigger character yet, but this is Victoria 9 with ZBrush morphs and I gave her a significantly bigger waistline and a bigger belly. There was a little bit of the usual folding when a character doesn't have a corrective morph for unusual shapes, but it was much easier to smooth out.

That's fantastic @plasma_ring!! Thank you for sharing heart

Acutally, the shape looks really natural. I have a feeling -- just from the introduction we've had so far -- that our figures in this generation will look more natural overall -- better proportions, better bending and flexing, less exaggerated features (e.g. breast size). I'm really excited for this! 

Thank you, Jay, I'm glad you like it! 

And so far I'm pretty stoked about posing and shaping, too. The unified mesh was the big draw for me, but I picked up JWolf's expressions pack and I'm really impressed. I don't usually buy expressions because they can easily look really bizarre on characters they weren't made for, and a lot of my endless tweaking of my characters has been to simplify their features enough that they don't look off when expressing more than three emotions. So far even with different shapes I haven't had any real problems, and can manage expressions that would typically take me hours on a custom shape with some dial noodling. Looking forward to seeing how they work out when I have access to more morphs. 

victor02.jpg
    3000 x 2354 - 3M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

nonesuch00 said:

AllenArt said:

So, Vicky 9 is very pretty and maybe the most realistic looking of the Daz figures so far. I have noticed a few things I'm not so enamored with tho (some is Vicky specific and some are G9 specific) ;).

I would love to be able to ditch the freckles. I don't like freckles. I have never liked freckles (nothing against people that have freckles). It's just not something that I care to render. I also will never use the vitiligo skin and thought it was a really weird choice to include. Also...fetish wear in the bundle of a premier figure? WTH? I never buy that stuff and even if DS is used for, uh, some pron and things, it's a niche outfit, no matter how nicely made it looks (and it does look very well made, so cudos to the PA who made it). I would just rather have more normal clothes in a bundle and have the "specialized" stuff for sale separate.

I don't mind the anatomical elements being in a separate package. That way, no one needs to worry about buying an expensive bundle to get them - they just buy the Character Essentials and done. 

Even tho the Character Essentials has loads of eye textures in it, that's no excuse for Vicky to have only one in her materials - for what she costs, there should be more in there. The makeup also costs extra...what is up with that? I feel like I'm being nickled and dimed to death, especially at a time in the world where I'm least able to afford it and will likely be able to afford it even less as times goes on. As it is, Vicky feels like a super-expensive, underwhelming character. Niche skins, outfit, no extra eye textures, makeup costs extra. All in all, most PA character makers give better value for less than a Daz core figure - and that includes Victoria 9. Shame.

And what's up with not having the head and body morphs and expressions not dropping the same day as the figure? A really dumb move IMVHO. I would have really loved to have something to create a new character of my own with (especially on the male side since I know we ain't gonna have a Michael 9 for gawd knows how long). There will be 20 female characters before that happens.

You must still have a glitch.

I ordered today, or rather it was yesterday now, and got the Makeup for Victoria 9 HD Intro Bundle included, although it wasn't available until afternoon via DIM.

As far as the freckles being niche, you're not very observant in the real world if you're living in USA, Canada, or Europe as they are extremely common. The other is not common, at least so visible in most people but many have a splotch or two. Both are a challenge to do realistically and they did quite well. At any rate, the G9 Essentials includes non-freckled options until a character of your liking comes out. 

I did get the bundle and I did get the makeup in the bundle, but for those buying just the character, it's a separate purchase. And yes, I know freckles aren't really very niche, but because they CAN be an overlay, I was disappointed that we are stuck with them for Vicky 9. At least less freckles would have been better as the Vic9 skin is covered with em. As far as alternate skins go atm, the ones in the starter essentials are not an option for me. They look flat. I'll have to tweak the h*ll out of them for them to look right to me. I guess I'm just in a holding pattern until the G9 stuff starts hitting the store.

• veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

How can I save it to use it easy on my other upcomming G9 characters?

Save the modified character base as a scene subset and then load this for customising. It's going to work like a regular G9 base except with extra surfaces.

• veenveen Posts: 132

PixelSploiting said:

veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

Save the modified character base as a scene subset and then load this for customising. It's going to work like a regular G9 base except with extra surfaces.

Once again, thank you!

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

Once again, thank you!

Note too that when you apply a pre-made material to Genesis 9 with extra surfaces that the material doesn't expect, it won't apply to the lips, because it contains no data for your new surface.  If you want to use the pre-made material on the lips, just copy the face surface and paste it over the lips surface.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

AllenArt said:

nonesuch00 said:

AllenArt said:

So, Vicky 9 is very pretty and maybe the most realistic looking of the Daz figures so far. I have noticed a few things I'm not so enamored with tho (some is Vicky specific and some are G9 specific) ;).

I would love to be able to ditch the freckles. I don't like freckles. I have never liked freckles (nothing against people that have freckles). It's just not something that I care to render. I also will never use the vitiligo skin and thought it was a really weird choice to include. Also...fetish wear in the bundle of a premier figure? WTH? I never buy that stuff and even if DS is used for, uh, some pron and things, it's a niche outfit, no matter how nicely made it looks (and it does look very well made, so cudos to the PA who made it). I would just rather have more normal clothes in a bundle and have the "specialized" stuff for sale separate.

I don't mind the anatomical elements being in a separate package. That way, no one needs to worry about buying an expensive bundle to get them - they just buy the Character Essentials and done. 

Even tho the Character Essentials has loads of eye textures in it, that's no excuse for Vicky to have only one in her materials - for what she costs, there should be more in there. The makeup also costs extra...what is up with that? I feel like I'm being nickled and dimed to death, especially at a time in the world where I'm least able to afford it and will likely be able to afford it even less as times goes on. As it is, Vicky feels like a super-expensive, underwhelming character. Niche skins, outfit, no extra eye textures, makeup costs extra. All in all, most PA character makers give better value for less than a Daz core figure - and that includes Victoria 9. Shame.

And what's up with not having the head and body morphs and expressions not dropping the same day as the figure? A really dumb move IMVHO. I would have really loved to have something to create a new character of my own with (especially on the male side since I know we ain't gonna have a Michael 9 for gawd knows how long). There will be 20 female characters before that happens.

You must still have a glitch.

I ordered today, or rather it was yesterday now, and got the Makeup for Victoria 9 HD Intro Bundle included, although it wasn't available until afternoon via DIM.

As far as the freckles being niche, you're not very observant in the real world if you're living in USA, Canada, or Europe as they are extremely common. The other is not common, at least so visible in most people but many have a splotch or two. Both are a challenge to do realistically and they did quite well. At any rate, the G9 Essentials includes non-freckled options until a character of your liking comes out. 

I did get the bundle and I did get the makeup in the bundle, but for those buying just the character, it's a separate purchase. And yes, I know freckles aren't really very niche, but because they CAN be an overlay, I was disappointed that we are stuck with them for Vicky 9. At least less freckles would have been better as the Vic9 skin is covered with em. As far as alternate skins go atm, the ones in the starter essentials are not an option for me. They look flat. I'll have to tweak the h*ll out of them for them to look right to me. I guess I'm just in a holding pattern until the G9 stuff starts hitting the store.

I know what you mean but they'd need to make them as an underlay to get them looking realistic as what they done here. Maybe in the transparency color slot in surfaces or even better if they extended the "Overlay" method in DAZ Studio shader to do an "Underlay" method in the transparency color / image and other appropriate slots in the shader so they could do freckles, vitiligo, varicose veins, flushed arteries, fat mottling, and so on for underskin details for furture characters. 

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

Where are the 8K texture maps?  Is there a mistake with the package?  So far there's only 1 8K texture, and it's the legs SSS map for the vetiligo skin.  The promos clearly point to the face.

Victoria9_Textures.jpg
    1133 x 1186 - 456K
    Victoria9_8K.jpg
    2194 x 1325 - 294K
  • Look for the Base/Skin_Details folder, the normal maps there are 8K.  I doubt any character is going to have 8K diffuse or SSS maps just yet, as most people don't have the hardware to work with maps that size, much less render them.

• I have a question for the PAs.  From the remarks in this thread I'm thinking that you are not able to create characters based on G9 as DAZ has not made available the resources or products you need to create with.  I sthat true?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

TheRetiredSailor said:

I have a question for the PAs.  From the remarks in this thread I'm thinking that you are not able to create characters based on G9 as DAZ has not made available the resources or products you need to create with.  I sthat true?

At the moment, yes, it is true. But, DAZ is expected to announce some body and head morphs in the near future which will enable you to create your own characters. Exactly when is not yet known but I would expect it to be days rather than weeks.  You can also expect loads of other stuff from the PAs, as well.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• alexhcowley said:

TheRetiredSailor said:

I have a question for the PAs.  From the remarks in this thread I'm thinking that you are not able to create characters based on G9 as DAZ has not made available the resources or products you need to create with.  I sthat true?

At the moment, yes, it is true. But, DAZ is expected to announce some body and head morphs in the near future which will enable you to create your own characters. Exactly when is not yet known but I would expect it to be days rather than weeks.  You can also expect loads of other stuff from the PAs, as well.

Cheers,

Alex. 

Thanks Alex. 

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited October 2022

I'm surprised at how long it's taking to get the pre-order items added to accounts, never saw this issue with the older Genesis releases.

Post edited by nightwolf1982 on
  • GatorGator Posts: 1,268

nightwolf1982 said:

Look for the Base/Skin_Details folder, the normal maps there are 8K.  I doubt any character is going to have 8K diffuse or SSS maps just yet, as most people don't have the hardware to work with maps that size, much less render them.

@nightwolf1982 Confirmed, thanks smiley 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445

Is anyone missing morphs with Genesis 9?

I don't have any of the following morphs/supported shapes listed on the product page: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-starter-essentials

Supported Shapes:

• Emaciated
    • Fitness Details
    • Fitness Mass
    • Heavy
    • Lithe
    • Muscular Details
    • Muscular Mass
    • Older
    • Pear Figure
    • Portly
    • Stocky
    • Thin
    • Tone
    • Voluptuous
    • Mass Body
  • N-RArts said:

I don't have any of the following morphs/supported shapes listed on the product page: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-starter-essentials

Supported Shapes:

• Emaciated
    • Fitness Details
    • Fitness Mass
    • Heavy
    • Lithe
    • Muscular Details
    • Muscular Mass
    • Older
    • Pear Figure
    • Portly
    • Stocky
    • Thin
    • Tone
    • Voluptuous
    • Mass Body

The "Missing" Morphs are from the typical Genesis Body Morph Pack that is not released at the Moment.
    Dont know why the Morphs takes longer than V9.

• N-RArts said:

Supported Shapes:

• Emaciated
    • Fitness Details
    • Fitness Mass
    • Heavy
    • Lithe
    • Muscular Details
    • Muscular Mass
    • Older
    • Pear Figure
    • Portly
    • Stocky
    • Thin
    • Tone
    • Voluptuous
    • Mass Body

My impression is that those morphs are not included for the base figure, but are on the G9 Base Shorts.  To your question, I do not have those morphs for the base G9 character.

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,198

TheRetiredSailor said:

Umm no. They gave us (PAs) everything we need so far. Maybe vendors from other stores are waiting, but they are NOT Published Artists.

• chevybabe25 said:

TheRetiredSailor said:

Umm no. They gave us (PAs) everything we need so far. Maybe vendors from other stores are waiting, but they are NOT Published Artists.

Thank you.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for G9.

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,198

You are very welcome :)

• chevybabe25 said:

TheRetiredSailor said:

Kooki99 offered a quick 'tease' of one of his upcoming figures for G9: https://www.deviantart.com/kooki99/art/New-character-for-Genesis-9-coming-up-933733960

• GlenWebb said:

chevybabe25 said:

TheRetiredSailor said:

Kooki99 offered a quick 'tease' of one of his upcoming figures for G9: https://www.deviantart.com/kooki99/art/New-character-for-Genesis-9-coming-up-933733960

Impressive!

• Is this the thread we use to track Daz's progress on getting preorders their Voss hair and bikini? Any updates on when we can expect these?

• I'm a bit perplexed by how this product was handled.

First, I would have thought it would be 'ready to go' and an automatic delivery based on how other products are purchased and received.  Why were files missing from the original distribution of Victoria 9 HD?  Was the package not tested prior to release to ensure it was 'intact'?  Why are free items missing and still not delivered? This has a 'rushed to market' feel even though the character was announced many weeks ago.

Why not just recreate one full package for the Victoria Presale options and add them to the accounts that paid for it?  It's not a physical item - it's a digital product. Fix the packages to be as they should have been and upload them based on purchase history to the appropriate accounts. I'm not sure I understand why this isn't an automatic follow-through. 

If the PAs were given a functional character with morphs and all, why aren't the morphs readily available now?  Why launch Victoria 9 / Genesis 9 without the regular body morphs? 

It feels like that PAs were given a fully functional character to play with whereas the general customer base is getting the character in drips and pieces via extra purchases.  Seems odd given how prior characters have been handled.  

There are some nice features and some rather interesting changes (especially with the eyes and lips).  I would like to be able to add in lipstick from Gen 8 figures but that's not possible anymore. It's a whole new approach. In any case, I feel like I'm in a holding pattern, waiting for more to come to really expand on what Genesis 9 can be. And some of the Gen 8 clothing has not conformed well even with tweaking. (Poke through has occurred.)

• ljkemper_6f419f5a34 said:

I'm a bit perplexed by how this product was handled.

First, I would have thought it would be 'ready to go' and an automatic delivery based on how other products are purchased and received.  Why were files missing from the original distribution of Victoria 9 HD?  Was the package not tested prior to release to ensure it was 'intact'?  Why are free items missing and still not delivered? This has a 'rushed to market' feel even though the character was announced many weeks ago.

Why not just recreate one full package for the Victoria Presale options and add them to the accounts that paid for it?  It's not a physical item - it's a digital product. Fix the packages to be as they should have been and upload them based on purchase history to the appropriate accounts. I'm not sure I understand why this isn't an automatic follow-through. 

If the PAs were given a functional character with morphs and all, why aren't the morphs readily available now?  Why launch Victoria 9 / Genesis 9 without the regular body morphs? 

It feels like that PAs were given a fully functional character to play with whereas the general customer base is getting the character in drips and pieces via extra purchases.  Seems odd given how prior characters have been handled.  

There are some nice features and some rather interesting changes (especially with the eyes and lips).  I would like to be able to add in lipstick from Gen 8 figures but that's not possible anymore. It's a whole new approach. In any case, I feel like I'm in a holding pattern, waiting for more to come to really expand on what Genesis 9 can be. And some of the Gen 8 clothing has not conformed well even with tweaking. (Poke through has occurred.)

Yep and the product disappeared from my product library yesterday and has not reappeared in any shape or form as of yet 

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

PixelSploiting said:

veen said:

PixelSploiting said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/594791/creating-surfaces-on-a-new-item#latest

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
    edited October 2022

Well I have the bundle items, but I still do not have the free items.  Guess I will wait a bit longer like others.  But here is my first render with Victoria 9.  Turned out nice.  Most importantly, Kindred Arts Iray light probe kit 3 worked well in Studio 4.21

Victoria 9 test.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by Decoyboy on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445

Twilight76 said:

The "Missing" Morphs are from the typical Genesis Body Morph Pack that is not released at the Moment.
    Dont know why the Morphs takes longer than V9.

TheRetiredSailor said:

My impression is that those morphs are not included for the base figure, but are on the G9 Base Shorts.  To your question, I do not have those morphs for the base G9 character.

That's what I originally thought (shapes in a pack that hasn't been released yet). I just thought that the installtion of G9 on my system got screwed up and saved everything somewhere else (or not at all).

Thank you for the replies. *Fingers crossed* the head, body, and expression morph packs will be released sooner, rather than later.

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 511

I logged a ticket yesterday for the missing Voss hair and bikini bonus, and it was manually added to my DIM.