Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• Over 24 hrs since the bundle disappeared from my product library and still not back

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

I'm still missing some pieces of the bundle and the Voss hair. Hope this gets sorted soon.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
    New day and still no Daz head and body morphs? But at least we get Zevo's growing up morphs right away.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Decoyboy said:

New day and still no Daz head and body morphs? 

You are not the first person to ponder on this existential issue. Or the second...  Or the third...  Or the fourth.... 

I have some serious plans for G9F but I can't go much further without the body and head morphs.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

Well, I was able to access the V9 pack for a few hours yesterday but it's borked up again this morning.  I just submitted for a refund.  I don't want to play Hide-And-Go-Seek with my purchases for the next few weeks?

BTW:  Did anyone else notice that V9 doesn't even have her own eye colors?  The one that loads is from the free G9 starter pack.  A $60 figure and they can't even put in new eye colors?!?

• johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

Here is my first attempt… like everyone else I am really looking forward to he body and face morphs!

GS-a.png
    1200 x 1080 - 1021K
    G9a.png
    1280 x 720 - 582K
  • Am I reading right that some folks have gotten their Voss Hair and extra bikini by writing a sales support ticket? I did that yesterday, but I haven't heard anything yet and the products haven't magically turned up in my product library.

• HLEET_3D said:

WOW ! it's way better, thank you ! Waiting for Genesis 9 :D

All I can say about Genesis 9 so far is I am NOT impressed.    No apparent way to adjust basic body shapes, which makes all the female shapes practically male.  If they were going for non-binary and gender neutral, they succeeded.

And why are the merchant resources listed at $10,000 ?!?!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

I did not originally have any of the bundle content or extras.  I wrote a ticket before reading the first day request not to. Now I have all the bundle content and free inclusions.  I don't know if my ticket caused any of my catch up, or if it was part of general processing for everyone, but my ticket did get a specific response.  

I think the timeline for the face and body morphs was in the FAQ.

devil

• Diomede said:

I think the timeline for the face and body morphs was in the FAQ.

devil

If they do have a timeline for those, then why are they releasing stuff TODAY that require exactly those morphs (https://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-for-genesis-9 and https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-sydney-for-genesis-9). For Growing Up, Zev0 supplied a quick fix. But for Vyk Sydney the morphs are required.

This release is an utter mess and almost par already to the November 2020 "Storepokalypse"

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited October 2022

That bikini by xtrart-3d that was supposed to be a freebuie with Vic9 purchase first was visible in the store, now it disappeared. What is happening? Voss G9 hair is visible in the catalog.

Nevermind. Daz store activated my mature content filter because why not?

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • Hey, everyone. Since we don't have any morph packs yet, I took Genesis 9 into Blender, sculpted in shapes and details, including veins, loaded the base-res as a morph, and also baked out normal maps. I'm just wondering what more I might be able to do with this workflow and these materials. I am likely going to create color maps in Substance with some Texture XYZ details projected, etc., but my main question is how usable is all of this within Daz Studio.

I've always used Blender primarily, and have a little Max experience, but I don't know much about setting up shaders or original characters inside Daz.

Any advice is very appreciated. If there is a thread where this is already being covered, I'd appreciate being directed there. Thanks!

(I'll attach an image of the morphed character before any normals were created.) Also, here are additional images of the character at that point: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1253368

donavanneil_Genesis9_custom_figure_sm.jpg
    2048 x 3314 - 4M
    Screengrab.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 597K

donavanneilart said:

Hey, everyone. Since we don't have any morph packs yet, I took Genesis 9 into Blender, sculpted in shapes and details, including veins, loaded the base-res as a morph, and also baked out normal maps. I'm just wondering what more I might be able to do with this workflow and these materials. I am likely going to create color maps in Substance with some Texture XYZ details projected, etc., but my main question is how usable is all of this within Daz Studio.

I've always used Blender primarily, and have a little Max experience, but I don't know much about setting up shaders or original characters inside Daz.

Any advice is very appreciated. If there is a thread where this is already being covered, I'd appreciate being directed there. Thanks!

(I'll attach an image of the morphed character before any normals were created.) Also, here are additional images of the character at that point: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1253368

Great! You are ging to have a LOT of fun enacting your own visions.  There are quite a few video resources available.  Some are free and some are paid for.  I recommend WP Guru (Jay Versluis) and also SickleYield video channels to start.

Example, lots of Daz related videos among the resources on this youtube channel.  The WP Guru - YouTube

edited October 2022

Here is Jay using ZBrush.  You are using Blender.  All good.  I link to this ZBrush example because Jay shows how to exchange the files in and out of Studio. The same principles apply for Blender.

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited October 2022

More topics, including some of your texture questions at his channel.  Jay has been doing occasional free webinars for Daz3D so watch for announcements on the forum.

The WP Guru - YouTube

EDIT: And here is an example of using Substance Painter and Daz Studio.

Daz Studio to Substance Painter with Chris Cox - Daz+ Pro Artist Series #06 (vimeo.com)

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Diomede said:

donavanneilart said:

Hey, everyone. Since we don't have any morph packs yet, I took Genesis 9 into Blender, sculpted in shapes and details, including veins, loaded the base-res as a morph, and also baked out normal maps. I'm just wondering what more I might be able to do with this workflow and these materials. I am likely going to create color maps in Substance with some Texture XYZ details projected, etc., but my main question is how usable is all of this within Daz Studio.

Great! You are ging to have a LOT of fun enacting your own visions.  There are quite a few video resources available.  Some are free and some are paid for.  I recommend WP Guru (Jay Versluis) and also SickleYield video channels to start.

Example, lots of Daz related videos among the resources on this youtube channel.  The WP Guru - YouTube

Thank you, Diomede. Do you know if there are specific tutorials that deal with getting a custom character into Daz and setting it up as a deliverable that others could then use? I'm thinking, for instance, that since we are in a morph drought, maybe sharing a custom characer might be fun. Ha

And here is a link to the commercial product focused on Blender and Daz Studio by SickleYield.  

DAZ Studio Content Creation with Blender by SickleYield - Live Tutorial this Sunday (Commercial) - Daz 3D Forums

Sickleyield also has several free videos you should be able to find on the web.

• donavanneilart said:

Diomede said:

donavanneilart said:

Thank you, Diomede. Do you know if there are specific tutorials that deal with getting a custom character into Daz and setting it up as a deliverable that others could then use? I'm thinking, for instance, that since we are in a morph drought, maybe sharing a custom characer might be fun. Ha

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,772

I heard from Customer Service this afternoon that Voss Hair and the Summer Bikini had been manually added to my Product Library and would be available for download now. By the time I had DIM up, there they were in my Product Library.

They also seem to 'almost' fix the sort order issue in DIM to see 'Order Date' correctly. Except that Desire outfit, which got the order date of 19 Oct, was updated to 21 Oct. So it showed up at the top of my downloads again. Not pleased. Gave them the feedback for Tech Support who is working on that.

• Robert Freise said:

donavanneilart said:

Diomede said:

donavanneilart said:

PERFECT, Robert! Thank you! 

• alphawiz1 said:

HLEET_3D said:

WOW ! it's way better, thank you ! Waiting for Genesis 9 :D

All I can say about Genesis 9 so far is I am NOT impressed.    No apparent way to adjust basic body shapes, which makes all the female shapes practically male.  If they were going for non-binary and gender neutral, they succeeded.

There should be Basic Feminine and Basic Masculine morphs. The morph packs are being released early next week.

And why are the merchant resources listed at $10,000 ?!?!

because they are essentially for Daz PAs - they needed to be in the store for the PAs to get them 9at a discounted price) but are given a high price to discourage others.

• ChatjdChatjd Posts: 152

Richard mentioned in the "Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales... Thread that the morph packs are due next week some time:

Richard Haseltine said:

Daz is aware of the morph requirement issue. Unfortunately they cannot release the morph packs today, but they wil be out as early as possible next week we are told.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7784941/#Comment_7784941

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

Has the bonus Voss Hair and Bikini been released? Do I need to put in a ticket? (Where is this being discussed?)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    edited October 2022

Chatjd said:

Richard mentioned in the "Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales... Thread that the morph packs are due next week some time:

Richard Haseltine said:

Daz is aware of the morph requirement issue. Unfortunately they cannot release the morph packs today, but they wil be out as early as possible next week we are told.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7784941/#Comment_7784941

Next week???!! Almost may as well be next year...all the shine's worn off already as it is. Next week I'll be on to something else. Sheesh.... 

Daz should change their motto to "Hurry up and wait...". I had to wait for the figure after buying it. Now we're expected to buy all this **** for G9 and can't even really do anything with it until god knows when. Most of the stuff that HAS come out for G9 so far relies on those missing morphs in some way. Way to go Daz. I remember a day when Daz did most everything right - products were correct on release, the company didn't breathe a word of of a figure or software release until everything was ready to go. Wow, how times have changed.

I'll be back if and when the head and body morphs show up...

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • alienareaalienarea Posts: 511

After all my criticism on how the release was handled - Victoria 9 HD looks amazing.

V9 Full SubD.jpg
    1700 x 1700 - 3M
  • MarcCCTx said:

Has the bonus Voss Hair and Bikini been released? Do I need to put in a ticket? (Where is this being discussed?)

I don't know, some are waiting and some put in tickets. I put a ticket in today as well - just for the missing free products. Thankfully the bundle appeared the other day. [hoping it stays there too - went missing for some]

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

The Mango Movement Clothing are all missing their dforce settings on the Surfaces.

only Friction,Collision Layer, and Collision Offset appear.

Which causes dforce to fail on them.

screenshot001.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 854K
  • alienarea said:

After all my criticism on how the release was handled - Victoria 9 HD looks amazing.

Given that she really looks awsome, her "debute" was a real mess. Victoria 9 should change her management team. 

• Catherine3678ab said:

MarcCCTx said:

I don't know, some are waiting and some put in tickets. I put a ticket in today as well - just for the missing free products. Thankfully the bundle appeared the other day. [hoping it stays there too - went missing for some]

Still missing for me