Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

barbult said:

It sounds like you did the right thing!

Before I die, I want someone, anyone, to give me a genuine one of these.  laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited October 2022

I finally got my G9 Voss hair today. too.

V9 Voss Hair_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,144

barbult said:

I finally got my G9 Voss hair today. too.

Yay!

I just can't see any rhyme or reason to this rollout of G9/Victoria 9. The first things that showed up in my DIM were the two freebies (because I bought the bundle). However, the REST of the bundle (including Victoria 9) was completely missing. LOL

SMH 

• AllenArt said:

Yay!

I just can't see any rhyme or reason to this rollout of G9/Victoria 9. The first things that showed up in my DIM were the two freebies (because I bought the bundle). However, the REST of the bundle (including Victoria 9) was completely missing. LOL

SMH 

I've got the freebies and still do not have any of the Victoria 9 bundle angry 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,768

If anyone is worried they can't render G9, I have a laptop with 32GB Ram, Nvidia 1080 card; a desktop with 64GB Ram, Nvidia 1080Ti card and have had no issue, other than the ones I normally do when I push the desktop beyond its limits. (And fail to save the scene.) I haven't tried G9 on my MacBookPro M1 yet. Too busy.

I was worried actually, but I tried the Victoria 9 HD on the laptop yesterday without issue.

• memcneil70 said:

If anyone is worried they can't render G9, I have a laptop with 32GB Ram, Nvidia 1080 card; a desktop with 64GB Ram, Nvidia 1080Ti card and have had no issue, other than the ones I normally do when I push the desktop beyond its limits. (And fail to save the scene.) I haven't tried G9 on my MacBookPro M1 yet. Too busy.

I was worried actually, but I tried the Victoria 9 HD on the laptop yesterday without issue.

Thanks for posting your findings Memcneil70. How about speed of rendering? A couple of others have found it's slower than G8, is that your experience too or is it pretty much the same?

My render speeds haven't increased or decreased noticeable. That being said, both computers range around 40 to a full 120 odd minutes for a scene with character, hair, clothing and set (with only what is inn view open if possible). With just an HDRI and simple light setup, it is pretty quick, for me. I think I turned away from the monitor, then looked over due to a flash and it was done! That was quick.

My biggest challenge is lighting the characters right now to get close to the same great results others are getting. I keep trying in the time I have. 

The one thing I love are the load times, less than a minute right now.

The release wasn't the only thing in my life that went crazy, I had a dryer vent finally found to have been squashed when the building was built 2 - 3 decades ago, and a new vent tubing installed, and holes patched in the wall. Backed up laundry to be done. Then as I was typing my password to test Vicky 9, I got 4 characters into it and the keyboard had a sudden death. MicroCenter trip, two new Logitech MX keyboards (1 for my 2012 iMac), new hubs, ...) which required I tear down my computer center, clean and put the whole thing back together. Four computers in a circle, one on a swivel table.

• alkenalken Posts: 253

Finally got the two freebies.  V9 is a dream to work with.  Can't wait for Michael.

v9 voss hair bikini.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 592K
  • V9 looks great! Any idea when michael 9 may be released? By the end of this year perhaps?

Flameburst said:

V9 looks great! Any idea when michael 9 may be released? By the end of this year perhaps?

I sure hope it's sooner than that ;) 

• AllenArt said:

Flameburst said:

V9 looks great! Any idea when michael 9 may be released? By the end of this year perhaps?

I sure hope it's sooner than that ;) 

I hope V9 gets in my library before he's released 

edited October 2022

I loaded Victoria 9 on my MacBookPro M1 and after over an hour or so of dressing her, hair, (thank you Esha, OOT), posing, then remember I had to simulate, back tracking, simulating went fast, then I found my favorite HDRI hadn't been installed yet, so went with others, changed, added lights, and finally happy.

Render time: 4 hours, 2 minutes, 92% converged, 7789 interations.

Victoria_9_Test_2_MBP.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445

I've successfully rendered G9 on an AMD (Radeon) CPU. Small scene, 2 hours. Nothing to show as it's a private render, and stored on my other PC (sorry). 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Flameburst said:

For 8.1, Michael was released a week after Victoria, so it should not be long. 

• WOW! Three awesome renders on one forum page heart

Thank you so much for sharing guys!! @barbult @alken @memcneil70

• Any news on when we'll get the morphs for Genesis 9?  We've gotten some great Merchant Resources today but you can't really 'make' a character without the morphs (unless you create custom morphs via Blender, etc.)

• memcneil70 said:

My render speeds haven't increased or decreased noticeable. That being said, both computers range around 40 to a full 120 odd minutes for a scene with character, hair, clothing and set (with only what is inn view open if possible). With just an HDRI and simple light setup, it is pretty quick, for me.

Thanks for adding that info, it's good to know.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,816

I have been mostly optimistic about G9 release.
    Now I am mostly negativ about G9 release.
    I think, the matching term is
    disappointment

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Have been around since the Millenium Woman (Victoria 1) became an alternative to Poser's native Pozette and Dork.  Daz Studio did not exist.  Therefore, I was late to the Daz Studio program despite not being late to Daz figures and content.  Have seen a lot of new figures introduced.  This release is not going well.  I would rather have morphs that address limb bends at mid distance than features that mimic ear translucency at extreme closeup.  Hope the folks at Daz3D realize the release is not going well, and they are burning through my good will at a rapid rate.

Tail is wagging the dog.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Right now, the G9 release reminds me of what many of us have experienced at the release of some computer games, like Cyberpunk 2077.  The project, which includes more than just G9 and V9, wasn't ready, but got pushed out the door in order to meet some pre-ordained deadline.  

Anyway, G9 and V9 are fine, but that's all we have for now.  A lot of the rest of the stuff we have to work with is not so fine.

• @ Daz_Travis  or anybody that knows, WHEN are we going to get the products we so faithfully and trustingly preordered???????????

After a long time they arrived BUT then they vanished again! All product pages are nothing but java circles which one sees when the product is not in the library ... even though it appears on the list.

• Catherine3678ab said:

@ Daz_Travis  or anybody that knows, WHEN are we going to get the products we so faithfully and trustingly preordered???????????

After a long time they arrived BUT then they vanished again! All product pages are nothing but java circles which one sees when the product is not in the library ... even though it appears on the list.

Still not in my Product Library and it will be a week tomorrow angryangry 

• ted-berlinted-berlin Posts: 16
    edited October 2022

Robert Freise said:

Catherine3678ab said:

@ Daz_Travis  or anybody that knows, WHEN are we going to get the products we so faithfully and trustingly preordered???????????

Still not in my Product Library and it will be a week tomorrow angryangry 

OK. Let me join here too. Are we three the only without Victoria 9 (edited: who bought it?)? 

Post edited by ted-berlin on
  • No there are others too ... few people speak up in the forums, many don't even visit the forums. [they should, it's such a fun place, with all these 504s etc]

• This is still being looked at, we sent a link to the other thread with recent posts about missign items (to which I think most of you posted) aross a little while ago so that they have a batch to look at.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,023
    edited October 2022

Thank you very much Richard.

Strange thing too ... for some they are not available in our Product Libraries for download BUT they are accessible via DIM.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Thank you Richard

• Yes. The Victoria 9 bundle mistery ist solved for me yes I can now see the items in DC and DIM and even the Java Circles on the web shop are gone and the right product is shown. Thanks to everyone who was involved. blush

ted-berlin said:

Yes. The Victoria 9 bundle mistery ist solved for me yes I can now see the items in DC and DIM and even the Java Circles on the web shop are gone and the right product is shown. Thanks to everyone who was involved. blush

Hallelujah ;) 

• The bundle shows as owned in the store and it's now in my Product Library wasn't in dim but as of 10 mins ago it showed up yes Thanks all