Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• The Voss hair has just been added to may account in the last little bit -- within the last couple of hours.

• Voss Hair and Summer Bikini were added to my account.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

Still don't have them on my account.

• Robert Freise said:

Catherine3678ab said:

MarcCCTx said:

Has the bonus Voss Hair and Bikini been released? Do I need to put in a ticket? (Where is this being discussed?)

I don't know, some are waiting and some put in tickets. I put a ticket in today as well - just for the missing free products. Thankfully the bundle appeared the other day. [hoping it stays there too - went missing for some]

Still missing for me

Haven't shown up so far == and all the V9 stuff has gone to java swirly boxes!

• Okay I just spent over an hour scanning through all 36 pages of this post/thread.  There were several mentions about a Genesis 9 FAQ and a (estimated) release schedule for various G9 related things.
    Was that FAQ ever posted somewhere?  I read several posts saying "still waiting for the FAQ".   If it's out there somewhere could someone point me to it?   Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited October 2022

nwleee_a52bfead84 said:

Okay I just spent over an hour scanning through all 36 pages of this post/thread.  There were several mentions about a Genesis 9 FAQ and a (estimated) release schedule for various G9 related things.
    Was that FAQ ever posted somewhere?  I read several posts saying "still waiting for the FAQ".   If it's out there somewhere could someone point me to it?   Thanks!

I think the FAQ was just another thing that was promised and never delivered.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Yep, no FAQ ever surfaced. There was a blog post about it, but it just reiterated everything that was on the info page already. 

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

nwleee_a52bfead84 said:

Okay I just spent over an hour scanning through all 36 pages of this post/thread.  There were several mentions about a Genesis 9 FAQ and a (estimated) release schedule for various G9 related things.

So you don't have to find it again, you could watch Daz/Jay Versluis's stream on it.  And/or you probably know as much as anyone reading through this thread and the other V9 threads going on.

https://youtu.be/vU9gyflAdIQ

IIRC Richard Haseltine mentioned some male and female morphs are due next week. 

• Gator said:

nwleee_a52bfead84 said:

So you don't have to find it again, you could watch Daz/Jay Versluis's stream on it.  And/or you probably know as much as anyone reading through this thread and the other V9 threads going on.

https://youtu.be/vU9gyflAdIQ

IIRC Richard Haseltine mentioned some male and female morphs are due next week. 

Thanks for the link.  I can watch it over and over again until the morph package is released. wink

• benniewoodell said:

Yep, no FAQ ever surfaced. There was a blog post about it, but it just reiterated everything that was on the info page already. 

That was the FAQ, I think - Daz was not necessarily going to answer every question.

• KeyKey Posts: 19

So after reading the first 3 pages, it seems that most users are worried about converters and stuff, which means they have some very high-spec devices / graphic cards to deal with Genisis 9, which is a good thing. If the system requirements are correct on the first page then I'm more worried about my PC. It will burn down. :)

• I don't wish to be negative, and I'm a big fan of Daz - I usually spend several hundred $ a month on content. And I have high hopes that in the fullness of time, G9 and V9 will be awesome. I've purchased V9 and some support packages for her, but I cannot really do anything with them until a basic set of utilities I rely on is released, so a decent pose converter, the Zev0 suite of tools (one down, about 10 to go). And I am very reluctant to purchase more G8 content until I understand where all this is heading. So I've spent virtually nothing since the announcement, despite 'we're missing you' emails and coupons... I understand that transitions are always painful, but if I were a Daz shareholder, I'd be pretty annoyed by the mess exhibited this month.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,816
    edited October 2022

"Patience is a virtue..."
    - Captain America

cheeky

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited October 2022

Gogger said:

YIKES.

I just got an email from DAZ saying they miss me as I haven't been around much, with an incentive to come back:

"Better yet, we have an exclusive offer just for you! Return to Daz today and use this Coupon Code to get an EXTRA $10 OFF* Victoria 9 HD."

well that's disappointing I thought they missed me since I haven't posted anything on this site for over a year for reasons I'm not allowed to say, as well as me turning 50 thought was a birthday present too :(  and I needed cheering up because of some other news I got too oh well still nice $51 off plus another $10 off and free gift so guess back into my dark corner I go hiding from everyone

May be an image of 2 people

A Vicky Offering of the Ninth Generation

Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

I missed it too by a few hours.

• Key said:

So after reading the first 3 pages, it seems that most users are worried about converters and stuff, which means they have some very high-spec devices / graphic cards to deal with Genisis 9, which is a good thing. If the system requirements are correct on the first page then I'm more worried about my PC. It will burn down. :)

What system specs? There was some speculation, much influenced by misreading the description of the figure (thinking all maos were 8K rather than just the detail maps).

• Richard Haseltine said:

benniewoodell said:

Yep, no FAQ ever surfaced. There was a blog post about it, but it just reiterated everything that was on the info page already. 

That was the FAQ, I think - Daz was not necessarily going to answer every question.

Yeah, but they didn't really answer any questions that were out there to be quite honest, which fueled so much speculation. Jay tried to give answers in his tutorials when he could, and a couple of PAs I saw chime in with what they thought they were allowed to talk about, but an actual, official FAQ would have been nice because some questions could have been answered at least. There was so much talk about nipples for the longest time, which would have been the absolute furthest thing I'd had thought would be an issue. That's something that could have been answered to squash so many worries, and I mean so many worries as I don't think I've seen the word nipple so much in my life as I have the past month lol. The 8K maps. I've seen posts all week asking where they were, and we've come to find it's only the normal maps in a second layer or something along those lines, and something with the legs, I haven't really paid attention to the answer because I didn't buy the character as nothing was being answered. That's something to go in a FAQ, what maps exactly are 8K? Folks could have then figured out if their rigs could handle the new generation because there was a lot of worry about that too. This is one of those instances where nothing should have been said about an FAQ if all they were going to do was write a blog post that contained the same information we could have found on the Victoria 9 info page. But, seeing as this whole week has rolled out, I get it. 

• Key said:

For sure, i got a 3080 Ti in my rig and a 3080 in my laptop and in some cases they are pushed well behond their limits! and with products that Daz has picked out for the bundle too.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 493
    Finally received my 2 bonus items this morning. Was going to send a ticket on Monday. P
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Richard Haseltine said:

benniewoodell said:

I think what you meant to say was that Daz was not going to answer any questions, which is indeed the case. 

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

IceCrMn said:

The Mango Movement Clothing are all missing their dforce settings on the Surfaces.

only Friction,Collision Layer, and Collision Offset appear.

Which causes dforce to fail on them.

I've read your comment.

I've thought about it.

I've gone back and tested the product.

#1 only 2 pieces are dForce, the Jacket and the Long Sleeved Shirt.  That's to provide greater flexibility of being able to put them over other items.
    #2 while you may have thought that the limited dForce settings on the other clothing pieces were a fail. They actually are there so that the Jacket and Long Sleeved Shirt will dForce around them.
    I invite you @IceCrMn to go back and play some more with the Mango Movement Collection.  You can add dForce to every item if you want, but when they are form fitted, there usually is very little need for that.
    Please let me know how it turns out for you.

Lyoness said:

IceCrMn said:

The Mango Movement Clothing are all missing their dforce settings on the Surfaces.

I've read your comment.

I've thought about it.

#1 only 2 pieces are dForce, the Jacket and the Long Sleeved Shirt.  That's to provide greater flexibility of being able to put them over other items.
    #2 while you may have thought that the limited dForce settings on the other clothing pieces were a fail. They actually are there so that the Jacket and Long Sleeved Shirt will dForce around them.
    I invite you @IceCrMn to go back and play some more with the Mango Movement Collection.  You can add dForce to every item if you want, but when they are form fitted, there usually is very little need for that.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this and for responding to me.
    I wasn't aware that dforce could be used in this way.
    I will have another try with the set.

again , Thank you.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445

AllenArt said:

Chatjd said:

Richard mentioned in the "Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales... Thread that the morph packs are due next week some time:

Richard Haseltine said:

Daz is aware of the morph requirement issue. Unfortunately they cannot release the morph packs today, but they wil be out as early as possible next week we are told.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7784941/#Comment_7784941

Next week???!! Almost may as well be next year...all the shine's worn off already as it is. Next week I'll be on to something else. Sheesh.... 

Daz should change their motto to "Hurry up and wait...". I had to wait for the figure after buying it. Now we're expected to buy all this **** for G9 and can't even really do anything with it until god knows when. Most of the stuff that HAS come out for G9 so far relies on those missing morphs in some way. Way to go Daz. I remember a day when Daz did most everything right - products were correct on release, the company didn't breathe a word of of a figure or software release until everything was ready to go. Wow, how times have changed.

I'll be back if and when the head and body morphs show up...

+1

Gogger said:

YIKES.

I just got an email from DAZ saying they miss me as I haven't been around much, with an incentive to come back:
    "Better yet, we have an exclusive offer just for you! Return to Daz today and use this Coupon Code to get an EXTRA $10 OFF* Victoria 9 HD."

I had one of those. The code didn't work. I'm not going to put a ticket into customer service. I can't be bothered. 

Lyoness said:

IceCrMn said:

I've read your comment.

I've thought about it.

When products are advertised as dForce without caveat, customers have an expectation that all parts will simulate, although that is often not the case. Vendors seldom provide the information you have provided here, so customers end up confused and disappointed, thinking the product is a failure. I know I've returned a couple products advertised as dForce, because of the unanticipated limited simulation capability (or in some cases with hair, NO simulation capability). If I had known ahead of time, my expectations would have been managed, and I may have understood why and been happier with the product.

How about adding the important information you provided here to the product page, so customers know what to expect and how to use the product before purchase? The information isn't on the product page now or in the readme file online either.

• barbult said:

Lyoness said:

IceCrMn said:

I've read your comment.

I've thought about it.

When products are advertised as dForce without caveat, customers have an expectation that all parts will simulate, although that is often not the case. Vendors seldom provide the information you have provided here, so customers end up confused and disappointed, thinking the product is a failure. I know I've returned a couple products advertised as dForce, because of the unanticipated limited simulation capability (or in some cases with hair, NO simulation capability). If I had known ahead of time, my expectations would have been managed, and I may have understood why and been happier with the product.

How about adding the important information you provided here to the product page, so customers know what to expect and how to use the product before purchase? The information isn't on the product page now or in the readme file online either.

In this case the item names in the details have dForce in front of the two parts thata re dforce, and I think that is fairly common now. What I did like, the few times it happened, was a promo image showing the weight maps on items that had the dynamic strength weighted, and that did seem to rapidly fall by the wayside.

edited October 2022

OK, I think see what's being done here now.

The dforce modifier "Static Surface"(Hence there being only 3 dforce options on the surface.) is used to let dforce know that the surface is a "I have special simulation instructions" zone.

Which should would allow for better layering of garments, or what ever one wanted to dforce in layers.

In this experiment the sphere has it's collision priority(this is called Collision Layer on the Surfaces) set to 10(higher=do this first) and collision offset is set to 5cm.

The plane has Collision layer set to 1 (1=do this last) and it's offset is set to 0cm.

The Plane remains at a distance of 5cm because the sphere's Collision Layer is higher and it's offset takes priority over the anything else with a lower layer number.

I believe this is correct, yes?

...sorry for hijacking the thread, feel free to move/remove this if needed.

Plane.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 703K
    sphere.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 680K
    Post edited by IceCrMn on

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Lyoness said:

IceCrMn said:

I've read your comment.

I've thought about it.

In this case the item names in the details have dForce in front of the two parts thata re dforce, and I think that is fairly common now. What I did like, the few times it happened, was a promo image showing the weight maps on items that had the dynamic strength weighted, and that did seem to rapidly fall by the wayside.

So what I did to try and make it clear...

• I specifically named those two items as dForce in the runtime folders. 
    • I included dForce setting presets in an "extra" folder for only those two items.
    • On the product description page... those 2 things are called dForce items.
    • I didn't name the entire set as dForce. 

All along, I tried to reinforce that just those 2 particular items simmed. I felt that they needed a little extra swish and flow.  I wanted them to be able to fit over other clothing pieces.  Like we do in RL, the jacket goes over the top.
    As far as showing weight maps, dear Richard, please no more mandatory promos!!!!!

It sounds like you did the right thing!

barbult said:

ok. I'm going to save this and post it around....

unknown.png
    511 x 232 - 32K

Lyoness said:

barbult said:

ok. I'm going to save this and post it around....

yeslaugh