Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318

ArtsyDragon said:

I still can't view the product pages. They are all showing with broken links. :(

Not trying to be funny here, but have you tried a different browser, or press [SHIFT] while refreshing your current page? (That forces the website to pull from the server, not your local cache).

• I can confirm that https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-character-essentials includes anatomical elements - but as a seperate installer. This leads me to wonder if other things, when purchased, include anatomical elements. Traditionally these are part of any of the character bundles. I don't mind spending $13 once. But I'd rather I didn't have to if I've already spent big bucks on a bundle. If I spent $13 on eyelash colors because some bug in the store prevented the Victoria Bundle from including anatomical elements, I'm going to be put out.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,909

so why do the starter essentials have eyebrow textures but no eyebrows?

edited October 2022

I got the same thing. Hey, I want $10 back! I preordered her (not bundle). Is this the ultimate kick-in-the-pants for preordering and giving Daz my money early?

Yeah, I'd like to think they are going to get things sorted out, but this is nothing new. I mean how sad is it that 'DAZ Veterans' sit back with popcorn and grin while all the newbies freak out over things like "Everything in the store was FREE at changeover!" (Did you seriously think it was really free? Seriously?) or whenever a MAJOR new release comes out newbies run around with bulging eyes grasping the hair on the sides of their heads, "Wait, Vickie the Xteenth doesn't come with a free real-world puppy? I WANTED her to come with a PUPPYYYY!!!!" etc. 

I do, in all honestly, applaud everyone's enthusiassm and excitement. That is refreshing to see.  It only takes a half dozen times of NOT actually getting everything in the store for free, or not getting that puppy to FINALLY realize the world is neither fair, nor perfect. After you've been around here long enough you'll see that DAZ is STILL getting some of the same ol' things wrong. See? You CAN count on something!

(I would NOT turn down a $10 store credit in this instance, since, SERIOUSLY?)   

Post edited by Gogger on
  • barbult said:

Gogger said:

YIKES.

I just got an email from DAZ saying they miss me as I haven't been around much, with an incentive to come back:

"Better yet, we have an exclusive offer just for you! Return to Daz today and use this Coupon Code to get an EXTRA $10 OFF* Victoria 9 HD."

Erm.... uh, I preordered the V9 bundle on day one, and I shop every single day, have bought over 11,000 items, and still don't have V9 or Voss hair in my DIM yet, but if I buy V9 TODAY, I can get $10 off?  SeRiOuSly?  Now I want V9 AND the $10 reward.

<sigh>  I'm still at work so can't play anyway. I've been with DAZ since right before they started giving DAZ Studio away for free, and I've seen a lot of uh, "stuff", but it is getting pretty wild up in here!  Better yet, we have an exclusive offer just for you! Return to Daz today and use this Coupon Code to get an EXTRA $10 OFF* Victoria 9 HD."

I got the same thing. Hey, I want $10 back! I preordered her (not bundle). Is this the ultimate kick-in-the-pants for preordering and giving Daz my money early?

I didn't preorder, and I got that mail 5 minutes after buying her. 

• murgatroyd314 said:

barbult said:

Gogger said:

YIKES.

I just got an email from DAZ saying they miss me as I haven't been around much, with an incentive to come back:

"Better yet, we have an exclusive offer just for you! Return to Daz today and use this Coupon Code to get an EXTRA $10 OFF* Victoria 9 HD."

Erm.... uh, I preordered the V9 bundle on day one, and I shop every single day, have bought over 11,000 items, and still don't have V9 or Voss hair in my DIM yet, but if I buy V9 TODAY, I can get $10 off?  SeRiOuSly?  Now I want V9 AND the $10 reward.

<sigh>  I'm still at work so can't play anyway. I've been with DAZ since right before they started giving DAZ Studio away for free, and I've seen a lot of uh, "stuff", but it is getting pretty wild up in here!  Better yet, we have an exclusive offer just for you! Return to Daz today and use this Coupon Code to get an EXTRA $10 OFF* Victoria 9 HD."

I didn't preorder, and I got that mail 5 minutes after buying her. 

I pre-ordered the bundle & got it lol. I was thinking to myself-did I get lost somewhere?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214

Gogger said:

Yeah, I'd like to think they are going to get things sorted out, but this is nothing new. I mean how sad is it that 'DAZ Veterans' sit back with popcorn and grin while all the newbies freak out over things like "Everything in the store was FREE at changeover!" (Did you seriously think it was really free? Seriously?) or whenever a MAJOR new release comes out newbies run around with bulging eyes grasping the hair on the sides of their heads, "Wait, Vickie the Xteenth doesn't come with a free real-world puppy? I WANTED her to come with a PUPPYYYY!!!!" etc. 

I do, in all honestly, applaud everyone's enthusiassm and excitement. That is refreshing to see.  It only takes a half dozen times of NOT actually getting everything in the store for free, or not getting that puppy to FINALLY realize the world is neither fair, nor perfect. After you've been around here long enough you'll see that DAZ is STILL getting some of the same ol' things wrong. See? You CAN count on something!

I had the same thought and did submit a sales help request asking for $10 store credit because of the after-the fact-offer. They've had my pre-sale money for weeks.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2022

barbult said:

Gogger said:

I had the same thought and did submit a sales help request asking for $10 store credit because of the after-the fact-offer. They've had my pre-sale money for weeks.

I just received the $10 off offer I only ordered Victoria last night but didn't receive the offer until this morning.

I did get a nice freebie offer though for rejoining Daz+ for 3 months.

Post edited by Pendraia on
    edited October 2022

I can imagine a scene where the DAZ office staff are walking around all day in a festive celebratory mood, giving each other high-fives and generally acting like they just successfully launched a rocket to the moon.

And it makes me sad that it could actually have happened! (The celebratory nature, not the moon thing.)

I wonder what mechanisms they have to view themselves as we, the customers, see them. And then I feel sad for them if they do know how they look to us, because... SeRiOuSly?

Post edited by Gogger on
  • I appreciate all the hard work the DAZ team and PA's put into making these digital assets. I am sure all the kinks will get worked out eventually. Apologies for any snarkiness on my part about V9 or G9.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869
    edited October 2022

Calliope23 said:

I appreciate all the hard work the DAZ team and PA's put into making these digital assets. I am sure all the kinks will get worked out eventually. Apologies for any snarkiness on my part about V9 or G9.

Thank you :) Its a big release and there's bound to be thing that slips through. They will get sorted out - nobody is sitting around high fiving each other lol

Post edited by Mada on

Mada said:

Calliope23 said:

I appreciate all the hard work the DAZ team and PA's put into making these digital assets. I am sure all the kinks will get worked out eventually. Apologies for any snarkiness on my part about V9 or G9.

Thank you :) Its a big release and there's bound to be thing that slips through. They will get sorted out - nobody is sitting around high fiving each other lol

Somebody should be. Whoever made the V9 character morphs, skin, eyes, and teeth did an outstanding job! It is the Daz infrastructure that let us down with so many packaging and delivery errors.

• voicejdvoicejd Posts: 11

Brugan said:

Is G9 supposed to be 6-ish inches shorter than G8?

I believe so.  V9 is 5 6 whereas V8 is 6 ft even.  So I imagine the base character got the same treatment.   

• I still do not have Victoria 9 (I preordered the Victoria 9 HD bundle) and its showing up in my orders on the DAZ website but not DAZCentral or the DIM.  Do I do a ticket now?

• voicejd said:

Brugan said:

I believe so.  V9 is 5 6 whereas V8 is 6 ft even.  So I imagine the base character got the same treatment.   

Including the base male.

• Siciliano1969 said:

I still do not have Victoria 9 (I preordered the Victoria 9 HD bundle) and its showing up in my orders on the DAZ website but not DAZCentral or the DIM.  Do I do a ticket now?

Did you do a search for Genesis in you asset library? It's kinda Buried with the resetting of purchase dates on older items.

• Lilliana said:

Siciliano1969 said:

I still do not have Victoria 9 (I preordered the Victoria 9 HD bundle) and its showing up in my orders on the DAZ website but not DAZCentral or the DIM.  Do I do a ticket now?

Did you do a search for Genesis in you asset library? It's kinda Buried with the resetting of purchase dates on older items.

Hi Lilliana,

I did and I found all the Genesis 9 stuff but not Victoria 9 HD

• I'm curious about that 'We miss you' message from DAZ. Miss me from yesterday when I ordered stuff or the day before that .. and before that? I won't go into how many 'days before that' since it may reveal how addicted to DAZ I am. But .. um .. why the email?

Mada said:

Calliope23 said:

Yep...doesn't matter how much you test it can still happen.

I'm really hoping that you're planning some fairy outfits for this girl...hint...hint.

Pendraia said:

I'm really hoping that you're planning some fairy outfits for this girl...hint...hint.

Always :D

Mada said:

Pendraia said:

Always :D

You made my day! Now I just need someone to do some fairy poses.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Brugan said:

I hope so. Most of the Genesis 8's and earlier Vicky's were Amazons. 

• very strange day indeed... My Download manager had essentials 1&2 and Voss hair in it but no Victoria 9 or other pre-order bundle cloths .. I too ordered the Bundle on day one of the offer...  So yeah  they kinda screwed the pooch.. I started a ticket with my order number and at 4 pm eastern I got a reply to download it ... Well it still is not in my download manager soo...here we are..

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,248

AllenArt said:

Brugan said:

I hope so. Most of the Genesis 8's and earlier Vicky's were Amazons. 

Discussed at length in this thread.

edited October 2022

Here's a comparison between the original genesis(on the left) and Genesis 9 (on the right)

Basic figure, Basic woman, Victoria

Very basic render just for  comparison

The basic woman in 9 is better than what I was thinking in comparison. I think the base is a better base also.

comparison to original genesi.jpg
    2500 x 1300 - 2M

The bit I like the most is the eyes - they are so much better than on the previous generations :) and really happy with the size as well. Controlling proportions with morphs will make it much easier on fitting clothing as well.

• Sometimes signing out, clearing browser cache, signing back in, refreshing pages ... helps boot the Product Library to refresh.

• Mada said:

The bit I like the most is the eyes - they are so much better than on the previous generations :) and really happy with the size as well. Controlling proportions with morphs will make it much easier on fitting clothing as well.

I love the eyes too. That's why I bought in quickly :-)

Mada said:

The eyes are wonderful on V9. Even the base G9 eyes are great.

edited October 2022

Anyone know what causes this? Is it simply a setting I need to change?

what causes this.jpg
    563 x 390 - 123K