Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Mada said:

The bit I like the most is the eyes - they are so much better than on the previous generations :) and really happy with the size as well. Controlling proportions with morphs will make it much easier on fitting clothing as well.

Is that why clothing has morphs for various sections?

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

Pendraia said:

Anyone know what causes this? Is it simply a setting I need to change?

That's most likely caused by the hair cap intersecting with the forehead.  Look for a morph in the hair to adjust it. In OOT hairs it's usually called "forehead depth" or similar. A few percent will fix it. 
    ciao

TD

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

Pendraia said:

Mada said:

The bit I like the most is the eyes - they are so much better than on the previous generations :) and really happy with the size as well. Controlling proportions with morphs will make it much easier on fitting clothing as well.

Its to help with kitbashing and fit different pieces over each other. If you load the templates from Utilities in G9 you can see the zones targeted :)

Mada said:

Pendraia said:

Mada said:

Its to help with kitbashing and fit different pieces over each other. If you load the templates from Utilities in G9 you can see the zones targeted :)

Thanks for the info Mada...: )

thd777 said:

Pendraia said:

Anyone know what causes this? Is it simply a setting I need to change?

That's most likely caused by the hair cap intersecting with the forehead.  Look for a morph in the hair to adjust it. In OOT hairs it's usually called "forehead depth" or similar. A few percent will fix it. 
    ciao

TD

Thanks I'll give that a try.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited October 2022

I bought the Victoria 9 HD Intro Bundle and the Genesis 9 Character Essentials and besides what others have said was missing or broken in the packages is also the Smart Content icon for the Victoria 9 HD Intro Bundle is missing and the label is wrong as it's called Victoria 9 HD Presale.

Victoria 9.png
    1280 x 1920 - 3M
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445
    edited October 2022

I know there are people who will appreciate the main Asymmetrical morphs. But I can't start creating (or modifying) content, until there are more head (nose, eyes, lips, etc.) and body (voluptuous, pear, bodybuilder, etc) morphs made available.

I know they have been released to the PAs. But will the users at the bottom of the pile get to purchase them (or something like them) at some point?

Thanks

(I apologise if this has been asked before).

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,144
    edited October 2022

So, Vicky 9 is very pretty and maybe the most realistic looking of the Daz figures so far. I have noticed a few things I'm not so enamored with tho (some is Vicky specific and some are G9 specific) ;).

I would love to be able to ditch the freckles. I don't like freckles. I have never liked freckles (nothing against people that have freckles). It's just not something that I care to render. I also will never use the vitiligo skin and thought it was a really weird choice to include. Also...fetish wear in the bundle of a premier figure? WTH? I never buy that stuff and even if DS is used for, uh, some pron and things, it's a niche outfit, no matter how nicely made it looks (and it does look very well made, so cudos to the PA who made it). I would just rather have more normal clothes in a bundle and have the "specialized" stuff for sale separate.

I don't mind the anatomical elements being in a separate package. That way, no one needs to worry about buying an expensive bundle to get them - they just buy the Character Essentials and done. 

Even tho the Character Essentials has loads of eye textures in it, that's no excuse for Vicky to have only one in her materials - for what she costs, there should be more in there. The makeup also costs extra...what is up with that? I feel like I'm being nickled and dimed to death, especially at a time in the world where I'm least able to afford it and will likely be able to afford it even less as times goes on. As it is, Vicky feels like a super-expensive, underwhelming character. Niche skins, outfit, no extra eye textures, makeup costs extra. All in all, most PA character makers give better value for less than a Daz core figure - and that includes Victoria 9. Shame.

And what's up with not having the head and body morphs and expressions not dropping the same day as the figure? A really dumb move IMVHO. I would have really loved to have something to create a new character of my own with (especially on the male side since I know we ain't gonna have a Michael 9 for gawd knows how long). There will be 20 female characters before that happens.

Vicky 9.png
    1239 x 916 - 1M
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 268

AllenArt said:

So, Vicky 9 is very pretty and maybe the most realistic looking of the Daz figures so far. I have noticed a few things I'm not so enamored with tho (some is Vicky specific and some are G9 specific) ;).

I would love to be able to ditch the freckles. I don't like freckles. I have never liked freckles (nothing against people that have freckles). It's just not something that I care to render. I also will never use the vitiligo skin and thought it was a really weird choice to include. Also...fetish wear in the bundle of a premier figure? WTH? I never buy that stuff and even if DS is used for, uh, some pron and things, it's a niche outfit, no matter how nicely made it looks (and it does look very well made, so cudos to the PA who made it). I would just rather have more normal clothes in a bundle and have the "specialized" stuff for sale separate.

I don't mind the anatomical elements being in a separate package. That way, no one needs to worry about buying an expensive bundle to get them - they just buy the Character Essentials and done. 

Even tho the Character Essentials has loads of eye textures in it, that's no excuse for Vicky to have only one in her materials - for what she costs, there should be more in there. The makeup also costs extra...what is up with that? I feel like I'm being nickled and dimed to death, especially at a time in the world where I'm least able to afford it and will likely be able to afford it even less as times goes on. As it is, Vicky feels like a super-expensive, underwhelming character. Niche skins, outfit, no extra eye textures, makeup costs extra. All in all, most PA character makers give better value for less than a Daz core figure - and that includes Victoria 9. Shame.

And what's up with not having the head and body morphs and expressions not dropping the same day as the figure? A really dumb move IMVHO. I would have really loved to have something to create a new character of my own with (especially on the male side since I know we ain't gonna have a Michael 9 for gawd knows how long). There will be 20 female characters before that happens.

I agree with most of that ↑ but I'll add my own point of view re: the skins. Perhaps it's just because I find interesting skin far more appealing to look at than bland, smooth textures, but I really like the two that were included. In Daz's defense here, their originals line has become more invested in diversity and unconventionality, and since Vic's sort of the Daz mascot, to me it makes sense for them to include these sorts of skins. I also think that it's pretty cool having a vitiligo skin purely from the perspective that it'll be encouraging people to start broadening and diversifying their own renders. 

I fully expect PAs to make fashion-ready skins and textures in the coming weeks, and the 8 base materials have less outstanding features on them already. So if people have no interest in using Vic's skins, then they'd be best holding onto their money for those.

Allllll of that said, yeah it's a bit weird to have only one eye lot, and shame having the makeup seperate (which also takes ages to apply thanks to the new script format). I also do *not* like the outfits much at all, especially the dominatrix-ish gear with its heels that'd cripple me in seconds (if I even had a desire to wear something like that). It's also weirdly taxing on my system, so it must have very chonky texture maps or something. It's like they've taken two steps forward in character design, and then two steps back in clothing choices. (Also, zips on bathing suits is a bizarre idea. They'd sear your flesh on our beaches)

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited October 2022

Will G9 Voss hair+swimwear be added to the accounts? Unless these two were freebies only with a standalone Victoria 9 preorder and not with the entire bundle?

Anyway, more important question: can a single item from the bundle be returned for a refund without having to return the entire bundle? Diva's Desire set is terrible. It's not usable in any way or fashion with this kind of geometry. I have fibermesh-based hair models that come with less polygons than a single piece from this set. The only good thing possible to say about this topology is that it seems to be only quad-based.

I mean, this is topology for a single earring and from there it only goes funnier with other parts of this set...

Untitled 1.jpg
    755 x 1240 - 331K
    Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • I did raise an eyebrow when I learned that many of the previously included materials were now being sold separately... obviously people will point out that the HD element is now included so there is some give and take here but it'll be interesting to see what they allow PA'S to provide.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318
     Anyway, more important question: can a single item from the bundle be returned for a refund without having to return the entire bundle? Diva's Desire set is terrible. It's not usable in any way or fashion with this kind of geometry. I have fibermesh-based hair models that come with less polygons than a single piece from this set. The only good thing possible to say about this topology is that it seems to be only quad-based.

I would be curious to know this too. I'd return Diva's Desire if I could just to not have it in my library. It is just not my thing. No disrespect to the PA intended.
  • I downloaded Genesis 9 Starter Essentials (both packs)

Within IM00086958-01_Genesis9StarterEssentials1of2.zip there is a path "Content\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 9\Anatomical Elements Female", but it only contains the UV Maps (along the path "Content\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 9\Anatomical Elements Female\UV Sets\Daz 3D\Base"), I can't find any mesh base anywhere.

Can anyone tell me if the mesh file is present (anywhere) or where to get it?

Yes, I have checked the other pack.

Yes, I have tried redownloading it, 3 times now.

Gogger said:

I would be curious to know this too. I'd return Diva's Desire if I could just to not have it in my library. It is just not my thing. No disrespect to the PA intended.

It's no wonder it's slow on people's systems...the mesh is so dense it's in the MILLIONS of polys. Unfortunately I'm not even exaggerating. Also, all the textures are 8k...even for the small stuff. Even if I used clothing like that, I wouldn't use it. LOL 

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

narkfestmojo said:

I downloaded Genesis 9 Starter Essentials (both packs)

Within IM00086958-01_Genesis9StarterEssentials1of2.zip there is a path "Content\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 9\Anatomical Elements Female", but it only contains the UV Maps (along the path "Content\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 9\Anatomical Elements Female\UV Sets\Daz 3D\Base"), I can't find any mesh base anywhere.

When I downloaded it in DIM it was in a separate package from the G9 Character Essentials product. If you bought the Character Essentials but can't find it, you may need to ask support. 

Another day with no head and body morphs. **sigh** frown

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

AllenArt said:

Another day with no head and body morphs. **sigh** frown

I was betting about 50/50 on them being out today, but based on how 8.1 launch went I kind of expect it to be a week or more before we start regularly seeing basic utility products for the new figure.

• plasma_ring said:

narkfestmojo said:

When I downloaded it in DIM it was in a separate package from the G9 Character Essentials product. If you bought the Character Essentials but can't find it, you may need to ask support. 

Wait, is it in Genesis 9 Character Essentials and not in Genesis 9 Starter Essentials?

if so, why is this not stated anywhere...

narkfestmojo said:

plasma_ring said:

narkfestmojo said:

Wait, is it in Genesis 9 Character Essentials and not in Genesis 9 Starter Essentials?

Correct. It is in CHARACTER essentials, which is a separate purchase. It's not stated anywhere because Daz wants to keep those bodyparts a secret. LOL. This whole launch has been an exercise in chaos. 

• The bundle has disappeared from my product library again angry

• beregarberegar Posts: 269

AllenArt said:

I believe this was done to illustrate the skin details - could be why that specific model was selected. I personally found the vitiligo skin one of the more interesting details since we already have very good base skins as part of the starter essentials, so I come from entirely different perspective, and hope we get something like this for the male figures as well. I don't actually own the bundle since there's nothing there that particularly interests me (except maybe the Diva's desire) so take this with a grain of salt...

Yes, this is good. I'm just surprised this wasn't also included as part of the intro bundle. I feel the essentials are pretty good value for their price specifically because all the variety of options that were released this early. Usually stuff like this pops up later when you already have gotten a ton of characters. This time I feel I'm probably going to be more picky with my character purchases if for no other reason than to keep the loading times reasonable.

• beregarberegar Posts: 269
    edited October 2022

narkfestmojo said:

Wait, is it in 
    Genesis 9 Character Essentials and not in Genesis 9 Starter Essentials?

I posted this elsewhere but:

• Starter essentials (free, includes genesis 9 base model, male and female base shapes and various other morphs, and base skins but no genitals or genital mats/textures)
    • Character essentials (paid, collection of brows, eyes, includes anatomical elements (aka genitals, but doesn't currently come with genital mats/textures))
    • Victoria bundle (paid, Victoria character shape and textures, some clothes and poses, no genitals)

You need starter essentials for Victoria to work but not character essentials EXCEPT if you wish for your Victoria to have genitals in which case you need character essentials that comes with the anatomical elements.

Supposedly the base skins should have matching genital mats but at least yesterday they were missing from both starter essentials and character essentials. My guess they should be part of the character essentials.

Post edited by beregar on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

AllenArt said:

You must still have a glitch.

I ordered today, or rather it was yesterday now, and got the Makeup for Victoria 9 HD Intro Bundle included, although it wasn't available until afternoon via DIM.

As far as the freckles being niche, you're not very observant in the real world if you're living in USA, Canada, or Europe as they are extremely common. The other is not common, at least so visible in most people but many have a splotch or two. Both are a challenge to do realistically and they did quite well. At any rate, the G9 Essentials includes non-freckled options until a character of your liking comes out. 

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 510

Gogger said:

YIKES.

I just got an email from DAZ saying they miss me as I haven't been around much, with an incentive to come back:

"Better yet, we have an exclusive offer just for you! Return to Daz today and use this Coupon Code to get an EXTRA $10 OFF* Victoria 9 HD."

Erm.... uh, I preordered the V9 bundle on day one, and I shop every single day, have bought over 11,000 items, and still don't have V9 or Voss hair in my DIM yet, but if I buy V9 TODAY, I can get $10 off?  SeRiOuSly?  Now I want V9 AND the $10 reward.

<sigh>  I'm still at work so can't play anyway. I've been with DAZ since right before they started giving DAZ Studio away for free ) In fact I PAID for it - but they gave me a store credit), and I've seen a lot of uh, "stuff", but it is getting pretty wild up in here!

I was poking fun at people getting all worked up 1 minute after the store changed over last night, but it is justified now. I mean, this isn't DAZ's FIRST new character rollout. Why? Just WHY does it always get so borked up?

Same here. Finally got V9, but not the preorder Voss hair. But the same stupid offer you got.

It's not about money or freebies. I want an apology from Daz for messing up (again).

• veenveen Posts: 132
    edited October 2022

alienarea said:

Gogger said:

YIKES.

I just got an email from DAZ saying they miss me as I haven't been around much, with an incentive to come back:

"Better yet, we have an exclusive offer just for you! Return to Daz today and use this Coupon Code to get an EXTRA $10 OFF* Victoria 9 HD."

Erm.... uh, I preordered the V9 bundle on day one, and I shop every single day, have bought over 11,000 items, and still don't have V9 or Voss hair in my DIM yet, but if I buy V9 TODAY, I can get $10 off?  SeRiOuSly?  Now I want V9 AND the $10 reward.

<sigh>  I'm still at work so can't play anyway. I've been with DAZ since right before they started giving DAZ Studio away for free ) In fact I PAID for it - but they gave me a store credit), and I've seen a lot of uh, "stuff", but it is getting pretty wild up in here!

I was poking fun at people getting all worked up 1 minute after the store changed over last night, but it is justified now. I mean, this isn't DAZ's FIRST new character rollout. Why? Just WHY does it always get so borked up?

Same here. Finally got V9, but not the preorder Voss hair. But the same stupid offer you got.

It's not about money or freebies. I want an apology from Daz for messing up (again).

Sounds like a good habbit to applogize. They even "forgot" to add an surface slider for the lip surface. So If you want to alter the glossyness of the lips you gonna alter the whole face .. ([eh?])

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • veen said:

alienarea said:

Gogger said:

YIKES.

Sounds like a good habbit to applogize. They even "forgot" to add an surface slider for the lip surface. So If you want to alter the glossyness of the lips you gonna alter the whole face .. ([eh?])

The lips are deliberately part of the face surface. You may not like the decisio but it is not a mistake and was made to give enhanced results.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,550

Should not take but a few minutes to make the lips a separate surface just like on G8, then one can independently change the settings as one likes.

PerttiA said:

Should not take but a few minutes to make the lips a separate surface just like on G8, then one can independently change the settings as one likes.

It would be great if you can tell me how that works, than Im happy with G9 and V9

• Create new surface with the geometry editor. Switch from node selection to geometry editor, select the polygons you want, then assign them to the new surface.

PixelSploiting said:

Create new surface with the geometry editor. Switch from node selection to geometry editor, select the polygons you want, then assign them to the new surface.

Damn I created almost 160 characters for my store on another site but this is new for me, can you make a small tutorial for that please?????????????????