Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,739

memcneil70 said:

btw, I hate the 'updated, improved' Google search. Can't find what I needed.

Mary

That's the idea. 

• tsroemi said:

mding said:

tsroemi said:

Bought Stonemason's new greenhouse, despite everything. It's just too beautiful. Played around with tokens and such, until I thought I got a very decent price for a new item. It's also nicely compact in terms of file size, I love that.

It is good to hear that file sizes are not too big. 

Now that you have five greenhouses - maybe life is trying to tell you to do a greenhouse - render, lol.

You know what, the idea has crossed my mind ...  laugh

Actual zip file size is 271 MB, so really quite small for a big set like this.

I picked up half a dozen Stomemason products a few days back and they were each only a few hundred MB. Impressive, particularly as a couple of the sets are HUGE. I see why people like Stonemason stuff as they really make use of resources to their fullest - good quality; low foot prints. 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248

ainm.sloinneadh said:

tsroemi said:

mding said:

tsroemi said:

Bought Stonemason's new greenhouse, despite everything. It's just too beautiful. Played around with tokens and such, until I thought I got a very decent price for a new item. It's also nicely compact in terms of file size, I love that.

It is good to hear that file sizes are not too big. 

Now that you have five greenhouses - maybe life is trying to tell you to do a greenhouse - render, lol.

You know what, the idea has crossed my mind ...  laugh

Actual zip file size is 271 MB, so really quite small for a big set like this.

I picked up half a dozen Stomemason products a few days back and they were each only a few hundred MB. Impressive, particularly as a couple of the sets are HUGE. I see why people like Stonemason stuff as they really make use of resources to their fullest - good quality; low foot prints. 

I've disected quite a few Stonemason products and am always blown away at how efficiently he creates his massive sets. I used five full city blocks from Urban Sprawl 3, and then seven or so more from instancing those, along with eight of Predatron's LowRez people instanced to make more than 160 animated people walking and talking throughout the city, then put my fairly Hi Rez Rosie, with her Long, curly Hair for dForce in a car being chased by Petipet's Piranha, and it all fit within my 6GB RTX with Magix101's Iray Worlds addon for the surronding dome! 

About half way through the video the car chase begins

edited May 2023

Forgot to mention that the scene was also dolled up for Cyberpunk using full buildings and props from Polish's Cyberpunk Back Alley Bundle, which is also incredibly well made.

I love that Nemesis that Rosie's driving! I did a little texture magic to make it Rosie's own - including adding some of Nightshift3D's fun Sci Fi tools to make it a little more Cyber.

There are a Lot of products to appreciate in there. Jen Greenlees Iray shaders are often overlooked, but without them everything would be Much different. Linday's clothing and hair are amazing, too.

Uzelite's Complicated Eve for V3 makes up a good part of the costume along with a whole bunch of goodies from Nightshift 3D, both the newer Iray versions and the older ones wearing shaders by Jen. And then there's Aeon Soul's amazing The Legend product - this time only using the sword.

Linday's Car Chase aniBlocks are Uber Awesome and Fun!!!

Reisormocap, SKAmotion, GoFigure and Bonetech3D are absolutely pivitol in my workflow - and I appreciate them every single day - probably for the rest of my life - and I have a Lot of Life to go still!!!

Then there's SickleYield and Valzheimer for providing such excellent cloth conversion tools, mCasual and his amazing free scripts and the ones I buy from Riversoft Art...

I love you all!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Here's my Rosie driving through the massive Urban Sprawl 3 environment I made before it was Cyberpunkized

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,083

Urban Sprawl 3 is a great set, and pretty easy to customize. I can't justify buying the greenhouse though. I also have four of them already and never used any. The one time I needed a greenhouse for a custom job was way back when I didn't have any. Maybe that's why I collect them.

From today's new releases Pose Architect for Genesis 9 is the most interesting one to me.

lou_harper said:

Urban Sprawl 3 is a great set, and pretty easy to customize. I can't justify buying the greenhouse though. I also have four of them already and never used any. The one time I needed a greenhouse for a custom job was way back when I didn't have any. Maybe that's why I collect them.

From today's new releases Pose Architect for Genesis 9 is the most interesting one to me.

Very cool! I hope it gives you great pleasure! I haven't tried any of those yet.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,525
    edited May 2023

lou_harper said:

I agree it was the first thing I grabbed even though I have not invested in V9 or M9. Almost down with my wishlist. Rolling up sleeves  to do a few projects.

2023-05-16 Cart.JPG
    568 x 1415 - 90K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,348

What is it with Herschel Hoffmeyer and his strange penchant for 'cosmetic' surgery? Sorry, but his 'Lexi' looks like a pron star after the 26th operation, plus Botox. Creepy. How wonderfully creepy, on the other hand, are his dinosaurs! Real masterpieces. Too bad he only does that 'sexy' stuff now. But if it sells well... You don't want to work for free, after all. 

'Subtle Expressions Angela 9 Edition' looks good. But is it really only for Angela 9? I thought the days of tying products (materials, clothes, poses, or expressions) to individual basic models were thankfully over...

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,822

caravelle said:

What is it with Herschel Hoffmeyer and his strange penchant for 'cosmetic' surgery? Sorry, but his 'Lexi' looks like a pron star after the 26th operation, plus Botox. Creepy. How wonderfully creepy, on the other hand, are his dinosaurs! Real masterpieces. Too bad he only does that 'sexy' stuff now. But if it sells well... You don't want to work for free, after all. 

'Subtle Expressions Angela 9 Edition' looks good. But is it really only for Angela 9? I thought the days of tying products (materials, clothes, poses, or expressions) to individual basic models were thankfully over...

As much as I understand your critisim, there is no DS character in any, not just DAZ, store, that matches my understanding of "realism".

• CensoredCensored Posts: 46
    caravelle said:

Hi there, in terms of Subtle Expressions Angela 9 Edition, expressions are a bit different that other content. As face shapes are vastly different expressions can look good one one character and absolutely ruin the face of a different character. You can use the expressions on any of your genesis 9 characters, but to what extent and with what outcome is another question.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,066

caravelle said:

The morphs were most likely built on top of Angela face shape, so the result would be different on other characters.

• CensoredCensored Posts: 46
    Leana said:

caravelle said:

The morphs were most likely built on top of Angela face shape, so the result would be different on other characters.

It's as Leana said, I would also add, or clarify, that that's not to say had they been built on the base they would have worked better. Each face is vastly different, these expressions were designed so that people using Angela 9 could get exactly the expressions shown should they want. Which is true of any expression set aimed at specific characters.
  • ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

caravelle said:

Poses and expressions tied to characters have been showing up in store all the time, and it's not something that's going to change. The way they work makes it impossible to get the same result with any shape.

If anything, G9 made pose compat even worse between shapes, with all the different heights and poportion dials.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,131
    edited May 2023

I think Lexi is the second G9 character I like. 

What I really like: Muscle definition in her legs and arms, and the fact she doesn't look like she's carrying the thin layer of sub-cutaneous fat that [for example] V9 seems to carry, making V9 look slightly padded. I like the tummy definition matching the lower ribs, proportionally correct for a low body fat ratio that matches the legs, arms & neck.

What I'm not so keen on: Lexi's chest, whether enhanced with implants or not, seems too big and out of proportion given the body fat ratio of the rest of the character. I am not keen on the apparently surgically altered face, either. I feel that a dial spin could reduce the strength of Lexi's head & mixed with another, and that could be worked with.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Lexi reminds me of J. Scott Campbell comic characters. It's stylized. Probably is going to look great with toonish skins and shaders. All HH characters are stylized, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,348

@Censored, Leana, loonrxoon: I understand that; yes, it is true that the same facial expression can appear quite different when another person 'wears' it.

@Pixelsploiting: If you look at Lexi as a stylised character, you're right, of course. However, it looks like she is meant to be 'realistic'...

• mdingmding Posts: 1,146

I couldn't resist https://www.daz3d.com/cypress-lane, i perceive it as another plant prop package of 16 cypresses (single props), the scene being a (very!) nice bonus.

The poppies aren't available as single props, but are grouped into a single surface group - it is easy though to cut them out one by one using the geometry editor, if neccessary.

Of course you can get cypresses from other products, like https://www.daz3d.com/trearchi-folly, that is ok if you only need one or two, but this package of course is the most comprehensive atm.

So i'd say this is something for fans of plant packages, or if you really need that tiny, but beautiful, serene scene.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409

mding said:

I couldn't resist https://www.daz3d.com/cypress-lane, i perceive it as another plant prop package of 16 cypresses (single props), the scene being a (very!) nice bonus.

The poppies aren't available as single props, but are grouped into a single surface group - it is easy though to cut them out one by one using the geometry editor, if neccessary.

Of course you can get cypresses from other products, like https://www.daz3d.com/trearchi-folly, that is ok if you only need one or two, but this package of course is the most comprehensive atm.

So i'd say this is something for fans of plant packages, or if you really need that tiny, but beautiful, serene scene.

I bought that, too, with the savin-7 coupon. Love Predatron scenes, they're always so well thought out. I also bought the new Pose Architect with another cart, with the 3-for-thirty, and then packed in Limbstick for G9 and some nice old 3dU toonies that I'd wanted forever. They went down quite a lot, even those that weren't 'caught' by the coupon - significantly more than 70%, and then I threw in 2 tokens. Seriously good haul, unexpected, but very nice nonetheless. I really adore the old toon figures, they can be updated and are such fun to work with, so easy on the computer too.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

caravelle said:

Funny, I consider wanting 'normal, average, boring" looking characters to be strange, then again I understand everyone being used to what they see around them daily and that influencing what they want in 3D. I happen to see these stylized type of women all the time in real life. I picked up Lexi first thing when I got home from work along with the new heels in the store, love them both and with the extra 30% off coupon it was a no brainer!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Forgot to mention that the scene was also dolled up for Cyberpunk using full buildings and props from Polish's Cyberpunk Back Alley Bundle, which is also incredibly well made.

I love that Nemesis that Rosie's driving! I did a little texture magic to make it Rosie's own - including adding some of Nightshift3D's fun Sci Fi tools to make it a little more Cyber.

There are a Lot of products to appreciate in there. Jen Greenlees Iray shaders are often overlooked, but without them everything would be Much different. Linday's clothing and hair are amazing, too.

Uzelite's Complicated Eve for V3 makes up a good part of the costume along with a whole bunch of goodies from Nightshift 3D, both the newer Iray versions and the older ones wearing shaders by Jen. And then there's Aeon Soul's amazing The Legend product - this time only using the sword.

Linday's Car Chase aniBlocks are Uber Awesome and Fun!!!

Reisormocap, SKAmotion, GoFigure and Bonetech3D are absolutely pivitol in my workflow - and I appreciate them every single day - probably for the rest of my life - and I have a Lot of Life to go still!!!

Then there's SickleYield and Valzheimer for providing such excellent cloth conversion tools, mCasual and his amazing free scripts and the ones I buy from Riversoft Art...

I love you all!!!

< 3
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,272

caravelle said:

What is it with Herschel Hoffmeyer and his strange penchant for 'cosmetic' surgery? Sorry, but his 'Lexi' looks like a pron star after the 26th operation, plus Botox.

It's not a mystery; it's some combination of that being what he's into and what he thinks WE'RE into. It's not a style that I care for, but it doesn't bother me that they exist. And she's not really a "realistic" character so much as an "idealized" one (to HH's preferences). Most Daz characters are idealized to some extent, Lexi is just more so.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,146

tsroemi said:

I bought that, too, with the savin-7 coupon. Love Predatron scenes, they're always so well thought out. 

I pulled the trigger too early, because i had already decided to buy that beautiful scene when i first saw it. Problem was i couldn't really justify that after buying a lot of serene environments lately, like stonemasons  greenhouse. But once seeing it as cypress tree bundle, every resistance was broken laugh. For the coupons i got stonemason environments, very greatful for this sale, daz and stonemason!

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035

I bought this and tested it for some promos and I can't stress how good this product is: https://www.daz3d.com/expression-fusion. Making good expressions have never been so easy, love it and highly recommend it! <3

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,083

FenixPhoenix said:

I bought this and tested it for some promos and I can't stress how good this product is: https://www.daz3d.com/expression-fusion. Making good expressions have never been so easy, love it and highly recommend it! <3

I'm glad to hear this! I picked it up too because expressions tend to be a challenge, but wasn't sure how useful it would be.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 430

FenixPhoenix said:

I saw this and it really got my attention but some of those mouth expressions just seem physically impossible to make and look really strange to me, so I held off on buying it.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,908

I almost picked up that expression pack yesterday but got the Kala bundle with the coupon instead. Good to know it's worth it, I'll pick it at some point. 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035

jd641 said:

FenixPhoenix said:

I saw this and it really got my attention but some of those mouth expressions just seem physically impossible to make and look really strange to me, so I held off on buying it.

They are actually great for mixing and matching. I haven't used any expression dialed to the full. But combining those dials is fantastic and gives the character a lot of personality. I'll see if I can share a render or two during the weekend. After all, an image says a thousand words.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,409

FenixPhoenix said:

jd641 said:

FenixPhoenix said:

They are actually great for mixing and matching. I haven't used any expression dialed to the full. But combining those dials is fantastic and gives the character a lot of personality. I'll see if I can share a render or two during the weekend. After all, an image says a thousand words.

I'd love to see some renders, too, if you can find the time. The expression set is tempting as I'm struggling so much to get good expressions with G9, but most of them do look rather extreme, It'd be great to see some mixes! 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,802

Hey, Birthstone... are you sure you want to use the shorthand BS? cool