Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 181

NewGuy said:

Throwing in my support for Mechasar too!  Truly one of the best artists selling here at DAZ.  I purchased the add-on pack and even a couple extra items from his list, whcih puts me near half of his library.  If you even own more than two items, this is a good deal!

As a PA, I can also appreciate the stupid amounts of work and time that must have gone into making this collection.  It's almost insulting to be offering it for that LOW of a price.  People should definetly be paid for their work and time put into making these products. 

@ Mechasar.  Congrats on the excellent set! I hope to be adding more of your products to my collection to take full advantage of your add-ons set. 

I'm very grateful!

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 293

Mechasar said:

Problem reported

Thanks very much!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,325

Mechasar, I think it IS a great bundle. I understand your calculation well and you are absolutely right: $ 41.29/58,99 is a darn good price for such a big bundle.

My problem is that I know I will never use the vast majority of the products because the genres just don't fit my themes. As far as I'm concerned: It was a great idea to give Caryn and Tobyn new morphs. I also like the morphs for Zuna and for Slime Attack. Just today I bought Zuna in the hope that the elements of the bundle will eventually be available for purchase individually... Because that would be my suggestion: Just offer the add-ons individually  a n d  in a bundle (puppy eyes)...

• NewGuy said:

Throwing in my support for Mechasar too!  Truly one of the best artists selling here at DAZ.  I purchased the add-on pack and even a couple extra items from his list, whcih puts me near half of his library.  If you even own more than two items, this is a good deal!

As a PA, I can also appreciate the stupid amounts of work and time that must have gone into making this collection.  It's almost insulting to be offering it for that LOW of a price.  People should definetly be paid for their work and time put into making these products. 

@ Mechasar.  Congrats on the excellent set! I hope to be adding more of your products to my collection to take full advantage of your add-ons set. 

I have to admit I didn't take a close look at this bundle as almost all of the items are outside of my genre, but with all the conversation about it on this thread, I revisited.

I will buy this just for the Tobyn/Caryn add-ons.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

A have a question about this bundle. Gladys the Gamer is listed as required product but there is no promo shot of a morph of her. Is she maybe a requirement for Bryana along with Beverly? Bryana's promo shot says nothing about it.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,178

lou_harper said:

A have a question about this bundle. Gladys the Gamer is listed as required product but there is no promo shot of a morph of her. Is she maybe a requirement for Bryana along with Beverly? Bryana's promo shot says nothing about it.

There is, but it's not obvious which one:

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066
    edited June 2023

Gordig said:

lou_harper said:

There is, but it's not obvious which one:

Ah, not what I expected. Not exactly my cop of tea either. :/

I'm wondering, if you bought the bundle, is it possible to install only parts of it?

Post edited by lou_harper on
  • HeleneHelene Posts: 111

Mechasar said:

columbine said:

Mechasar, I own enough of your items that it was worth it to me to buy the pack at forty-odd dollars, but you may want to have a word with the Daz gods, because the pack is kind of broken in the DIM downloader. The only parts of the pack it is showing as downloadable for me are Beverly and Evil Pumpkin ... and it's not screening based on what I already own because, as it happens, those are two of your originals I DON'T own.

Going to my Product Library page allows me manual download options for all of the parts EXCEPT Mr. Gammon's add-on, which has no download options at all.

Problem reported

I am one of the people this pack was meant for.  I was on the fence about some of the original products, but the morphs are fantastic and I bought the morphs and about 6 original products. 
    I also had a problem with DIM, Evil Pumpkin Add-ons won't download.  Everything else (says) it installed perfectly.  Thank you for such fun products!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,178

Helene said:

I am one of the people this pack was meant for. 

I don't own very many Mechasar products, but this pack gives me a lot of incentive to start collecting them. For example, I like Otto, but probably would never have bought it on its own. Octo, however, is far more appealing.

• CerragCerrag Posts: 242

Me too, I was sooo excited to get the Mechasar Mega Add-Ons Pack 1!  So many cool additions to already cool models.  I do have a missing download for one item in the pack but I already submitted a ticket and see it's also been reported here but other than that, I couldn't be more happy to see something like this pack and wish more vendors would  offer such things.  I cannot wait to play around with it this weekend! yescool

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

lou_harper said:

I'm wondering, if you bought the bundle, is it possible to install only parts of it?

Each add on is a seperate file, only two were showing for me in DIM but it's possible to download the zips off the bundle page, stick them in the dim downloads folder and install that way. Bundle and the parts I installed show in smart content ok.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,033
    Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Jason Fang for JF Idol Outfit - it looks great! The dress can double as lingerie, and the boots should pair nicely with a variety of outfits. :)

I almost missed it entirely - I was skimming past the G9 items, a bit sleepy and distracted, and stopped because I noticed "G8" in the product name. I've adopted a small number of G9 characters - mostly toons - into my library, and I've made rare exceptions for things such as Empire Outfit, but in general out-of-box G8 compatibility is often the difference between "buy" or "skip/wait for a deep discount" for me. Much appreciated - and purchased!
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,071

Ruins of Emerald Hill. Stonemason. Nuf Said.

Regards,

Richard

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,781

Ruins of Emerald Hill. Stonemason. Nuf Said.

Regards,

Richard

Very beautiful! (as if I didn't already have more than enough ruins...)

For everybody's info re the Mechasar pack: As of 5 pm Eastern on 14 June, I fired up DIM and all the sub-items were listed correctly as available for download. So if you were also having problems, check again now!

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

columbine said:

For everybody's info re the Mechasar pack: As of 5 pm Eastern on 14 June, I fired up DIM and all the sub-items were listed correctly as available for download. So if you were also having problems, check again now!

Thanks for the heads-up :) Just fired DIM up again and they are there and have started downloading. 

The Personal Electric Transport has a manifest issue--the files under /Vehicles/ don't actually install because the path in the manifest and the path in the zipfile aren't the same, so unless you installed it completely by hand, those files are missing.. If you got this product and you'd like to repair it without waiting for them to notice it and fix it, send me a private message here and I'll tell you what to do.

edited June 2023

columbine said:

The Personal Electric Transport has a manifest issue--the files under /Vehicles/ don't actually install because the path in the manifest and the path in the zipfile aren't the same, so unless you installed it completely by hand, those files are missing.. If you got this product and you'd like to repair it without waiting for them to notice it and fix it, send me a private message here and I'll tell you what to do.

Oh dear. I assume it's "Daz Originals" folder missing from the path name?

EDIT: Did you raise a ticket for that? I tried to fix my copy of the package but DIM doesn't like my re-zip :(

Post edited by SofaCitizen on

SofaCitizen said:

columbine said:

EDIT: Did you raise a ticket for that? I tried to fix my copy of the package but DIM doesn't like my re-zip :(

Yeah, I think they decided to move the load files under a "Daz Originals" directory at the last minute and didn't change the manifest. (The data files, textures, etc are fine, only the parts that would install under /Vehicles/ are affected.)

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

Joe Quick's little broomstick man is adorable, I love ideas like this: https://www.daz3d.com/belladonnas-broomstick-brigade-enchanta-broom-original-figure. Seriously grumpy-cute. Got him for 5.70 with a spotlight and 2 friends of the sale and 6 tokens I think, which feels very reasonable to me.

columbine said:

SofaCitizen said:

columbine said:

Yeah, I think they decided to move the load files under a "Daz Originals" directory at the last minute and didn't change the manifest. (The data files, textures, etc are fine, only the parts that would install under /Vehicles/ are affected.)

Yeah, hopefully they get to your ticket and fix it soon for everyone. I managed to sort my re-zip issue (was an operator error) so my local copy is fixed atleast :)

• LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 174

tsroemi said:

Joe Quick's little broomstick man is adorable, I love ideas like this: https://www.daz3d.com/belladonnas-broomstick-brigade-enchanta-broom-original-figure. Seriously grumpy-cute. Got him for 5.70 with a spotlight and 2 friends of the sale and 6 tokens I think, which feels very reasonable to me. 

I agree, broomstick man was an easy buy for me too.

His novice witch outfit has so many reusable parts, outside of the witch scene, that it was a must buy for me also.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I would like to point out the lovely Borgia's bundle by The Management that includes not only an Iray update to the existing set, but new Iray and 3Delight materials on all the other items in the bundle. I had 6 tokens and Stonemason's set from yesterday because I had not checked out. I decided to fully enjoy myself and added the Witch outfit, textures, and broomstick for fun, along with more Merlin's older items.

Thank you to PAs who put their hearts into their products so they last over the years and continue to bring joy.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

memcneil70 said:

I would like to point out the lovely Borgia's bundle by The Management that includes not only an Iray update to the existing set, but new Iray and 3Delight materials on all the other items in the bundle.

Oh, I had missed the fact that there were 3DL materials! Now I'm even more interested...

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,325
    edited June 2023

memcneil70 said:

I would like to point out the lovely Borgia's bundle by The Management that includes not only an Iray update to the existing set, but new Iray and 3Delight materials on all the other items in the bundle. I had 6 tokens and Stonemason's set from yesterday because I had not checked out. I decided to fully enjoy myself and added the Witch outfit, textures, and broomstick for fun, along with more Merlin's older items.

Thank you to PAs who put their hearts into their products so they last over the years and continue to bring joy.

Thank you, it looks great, and it's wishlisted! I had to make a decision, and bought Medusa first...

Post edited by caravelle on
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 594

I really like the new https://www.daz3d.com/retro-aviator-outfit-for-genesis-9 but I'm loath to get it till I find out if it has those button thingies that fall off when you fit it to G8. If anyone has bought it, could you please let me know?

lorraineopua said:

I really like the new https://www.daz3d.com/retro-aviator-outfit-for-genesis-9 but I'm loath to get it till I find out if it has those button thingies that fall off when you fit it to G8. If anyone has bought it, could you please let me know?

That outfit definitely looks good.

If you mean rigid follow nodes, judging from the file list in the readme I'd say no as I don't see any separate geometry files for the buttons in the list. I might be wrong though.

Regarding today's new releases, I rather like BW SteamPunk Cogwheeler too. But then again I've always had a soft spot for that type of vintage cars.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

Leana said:

Regarding today's new releases, I rather like BW SteamPunk Cogwheeler too. But then again I've always had a soft spot for that type of vintage cars.

I have been busy in meetings the whole day so far, but when I saw that in the email, I started fearing the worst... But it is with standard licence anyways smileyyes 

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 594

Leana said:

lorraineopua said:

That outfit definitely looks good.

If you mean rigid follow nodes, judging from the file list in the readme I'd say no as I don't see any separate geometry files for the buttons in the list. I might be wrong though.

I never thought of doing that blush Thanks for looking smiley I think I'll pop it in my wishlist for now.