Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 717

rbaker1956 said:

Most interesting about the "car bundle" is the fact that all of the cars have the steering wheel on the right side not the left , like in the states.  Not sure they're going to get a lot of sales on this, but at least our cousins across the pond might get someting out of it. You'd think a product which talks about the ability to change out parts between vehicles might've considered "switchable" steering wheels. Oh well

Japan is the most likely 'culprit' here: all cars are from Japanese brands and the presence of the Sprinter Trueno Add-On for Valley Drifter shows that the inspiration is clearly Initial D:

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,798

Can't you just mirror the car?

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,261
    There's a full sized 4 door pickup in today's new releases. That is the regular car of modern America.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,547

Timbales said:

There's a full sized 4 door pickup in today's new releases. That is the regular car of modern America.

But, not on this side of the pond.

In here normal everyday cars are european, japanese, korean and as of late chinese.

PerttiA said:

Timbales said:

In here normal everyday cars are european, japanese, korean and as of late chinese.

Okay. The Valley Drifter is an early 80's Toyota Corolla hatchback, called Corolla Levin in Japan.
  • Timbales said:

I'm an American and can confirm we have a lot of these.  But the standard car in America?  Nah.

• OrangeFalcon said:

Timbales said:

I'm an American and can confirm we have a lot of these.  But the standard car in America?  Nah.

Truthfully, things like this are what's all over the roads in my US locale:

Zirael Flyte Hatchback Family Car | Daz 3D

Timbales said:

PerttiA said:

Timbales said:

Okay. The Valley Drifter is an early 80's Toyota Corolla hatchback, called Corolla Levin in Japan.

But, even here in Finland, where the average age for cars is about 13 years, that would be for enthusiasts or the first car for someone interested in rescuing old cars.

The #1, #2 & #3 top selling vehicles in the US are all full sized pickup trucks. I'm not saying they are the only thing on the road, but they are the highest volume.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

OrangeFalcon said:

Timbales said:

Truthfully, things like this are what's all over the roads in my US locale:

Zirael Flyte Hatchback Family Car | Daz 3D

It's the same here, if there only were more like that in the shop. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,767

Around the Front Range of Colorado, you would find a combination of pick-ups actually used on farms/ranches and 4-wheel drive SUVs for going into the mountains in any weather, makes of Toyota, Honda, Hundai, Ford, Tesla, Suburu of all styles, but if smaller, the better for tight city driving/parking. EVs and the mixed gas/EVs growing popular (especially used ones). Charging stations scattered around our area. There is a joke about a Prius that tried to climb a hill on I-70 in icy/snowy weather and got stuck. Two guys got out of their SUV, lifted it up and sat it down on the edge of the highway so the traffic into the Rockies could move on. Left the driver sitting there. After our latest snow storm, most vehicles have a layer of snow/mud on them. There are other makes and models but I can't recall them right now. I am driving a 2006 Toyota Sienna van. Maintenance is great for extending life. Those Suburus are sometimes way old and classics. I have even seen some of those 3-wheel mini-car things running around. Scares the beejeezus out of me.

Cars also get beat-up like crazy from bad driving. Could use some decals for that. Charging stations needed in the store, along with EVs. Racks for skis, surf boards, kayaks, what have you. Tow bar thingies. Bike racks and mobility cart racks. A van with wheelchair access would be nice. 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    edited March 21
    Timbales said:
    The #1, #2 & #3 top selling vehicles in the US are all full sized pickup trucks. I'm not saying they are the only thing on the road, but they are the highest volume.
    What, no, they are not the highest volume by a wide margin, SUVs and CUVs make up around 50% of car sales as of a few years ago, there are just a lot more options in that segment. A single pickup model can be the top seller, but there is far less variety on the market. Also worth noting, there is a good chance that those #1, 2, and 3 in the list you're looking at is referring to F-Series and RAM 1500/2500/3500 which is combining a few models to give them a boost over other segments. Even the Silverado is usually grouping the 1500 with the bigger models.
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
    I'm not interested in an internet argument over semantics, especially since it's off topic.
  • HeleneHelene Posts: 113

I was excited about the car package based on the image of the old muscle cars, but that isn't what JDM Legends Car Bundle contains <sigh>

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,398

I'm confused about the content of this pack,https://www.daz3d.com/car-vfx-kit . It says in the text that spline tail lights and tire tracks with morphs are included, which is what I'm interested in. Yet I can't seem to find these things in the list of included items. Has someone bought this already and could clarify?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,466

tsroemi said:

I'm confused about the content of this pack,https://www.daz3d.com/car-vfx-kit . It says in the text that spline tail lights and tire tracks with morphs are included, which is what I'm interested in. Yet I can't seem to find these things in the list of included items. Has someone bought this already and could clarify?

it mentions it in the description and its in in the list under the description. maybe nothing about morphs though, but in the materials list it has this: 

• KBVFX Mark Full
    • KBVFX Mark Low
    • KBVFX Mark Med

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,245

tsroemi said:

Spline-STYLE tail lights and tire tracks, presumably just narrow planes with various curve morphs. The product page lists tail lights and burnout marks in the What's Included.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,175

tsroemi said:

I would think KBVFX Tail Lights  were the light trails, but I am not sure about the tyre marks.

Hmmm, still not quite sure, but I'll be buying it and checking tomorrow. Since the tire marks and light splines are in the promos as well, I figure the list is just incomplete. If these things are indeed included, I think it's a very nice set with lots of uses I can see.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    I don't have the product myself yet. However both the product page and the product documentation page list the burnout marks and the tail lights, so I'm not sure where it's missed, other than one spot referring to tire marks and one referring to burnout marks, but both are listed with their morphs (turn mirror, turn, width). It's entirely possible this was added to the page since your first post? It's there now.

AlmightyQUEST said:

I don't have the product myself yet. However both the product page and the product documentation page list the burnout marks and the tail lights, so I'm not sure where it's missed, other than one spot referring to tire marks and one referring to burnout marks, but both are listed with their morphs (turn mirror, turn, width). It's entirely possible this was added to the page since your first post? It's there now.

I think I'm mainly confused about the burn/tire marks, and I didn't quite understand the way the morph descriptions were meant. But I think I got it now, thanks! Bought it anyways, just a minute ago.  

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 603

Three cars with right hand drive?! Straight into my cart.

Really like the stage trailer set that is in DAZ+ today:https://www.daz3d.com/mobile-stage-trailer. So many options, and a very nice price I think. The Woodwitch textures are lovely as well, got them both together for not even 4 dollars without tokens (DAZ+ though).

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,724

tsroemi said:

Really like the stage trailer set that is in DAZ+ today:https://www.daz3d.com/mobile-stage-trailer. So many options, and a very nice price I think. The Woodwitch textures are lovely as well, got them both together for not even 4 dollars without tokens (DAZ+ though).

Thanks for pointing that out! 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,080

I like it too, and there has been multiple time I need an outdoor stage.

I laso love today's toon elephant and the fur for the toon bear.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,884
    edited March 23

Xivon really deliver. I like very much: https://www.daz3d.com/xi-tuner-garage

XI_TunerGarage01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited March 23

And another Xivon creation, very nice, https://www.daz3d.com/quickmod-apra-stock-version

Apra04pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 579K
    Post edited by Artini on

https://www.daz3d.com/pompadour-hair-for-genesis-9 looks nice, but I wish it included an option with short sideburns or a line that looks like the character shaves their face.

edited March 24
    Snuggles04pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 279K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,487

I'd love to see more of these sets bring the old toon figures up today. Too fun!
    Snuggles Polar