Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,323

tsroemi said:

Really like the stage trailer set that is in DAZ+ today:https://www.daz3d.com/mobile-stage-trailer. So many options, and a very nice price I think. The Woodwitch textures are lovely as well, got them both together for not even 4 dollars without tokens (DAZ+ though).

+1! yes

• DiscipleDisciple Posts: 76
    edited March 26

I'll commend ForbiddenWhispers and Lyrra Madril for supporting G8 figures with Drax Swimsuit for Genesis 9 and 8.1 Female (double entendre unintended), but I think they're promoting it for the wrong Guardian of the Galaxy.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

Post edited by Disciple on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 293

Disciple said:

I'll commend ForbiddenWhispers and Lyrra Madril for supporting G8 figures with Drax Swimsuit for Genesis 9 and 8.1 Female (double entendre unintended), but I think they're promoting it for the wrong Guardian of the Galaxy.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

It's got supported shapes for Dain, Nikolai, and Genghis Khan, so you never know. Might look good on Drax!

edited March 26

I don't own Dain, Nikolai, or Genghis Khan, so I put it on Thimor. I apologize to you all.

(P.S. the suit has well-divided surfaces so you can turn off almost any part of it you like selectively, and it also has a geoshell that is used to apply a secondary pattern over all the parts that aren't straps.)

thimor.png
    1000 x 1000 - 490K
    Post edited by columbine on
  • ZiconZicon Posts: 182

columbine said:

This is nothing less than glorious.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256
    edited March 26

columbine said:

I don't own Dain, Nikolai, or Genghis Khan, so I put it on Thimor. I apologize to you all.

(P.S. the suit has well-divided surfaces so you can turn off almost any part of it you like selectively, and it also has a geoshell that is used to apply a secondary pattern over all the parts that aren't straps.)

Informative AND sensual. Five stars.

Post edited by Ninefold on
  • Love the bags: https://www.daz3d.com/collection-of-classic-bags-for-genesis-9-feminine

Like that they come with poses too.

And love the associated patterns too: https://www.daz3d.com/collection-of-classic-bags-creative-textures

I'll grudgingly spend on outfits with ankle-breaker stilettos, neck skirts and navel-plunging floss tops just to grab a half-decent bag, so I highly appreciate an artist doing a classy pack of just bags.

Releases like the above and the fancy but practical shoes that have appeared over the last few months make me happy. I know where my money is going today.

• ainm.sloinneadh said:

Love the bags: https://www.daz3d.com/collection-of-classic-bags-for-genesis-9-feminine

Like that they come with poses too.

And love the associated patterns too: https://www.daz3d.com/collection-of-classic-bags-creative-textures

I'll grudgingly spend on outfits with ankle-breaker stilettos, neck skirts and navel-plunging floss tops just to grab a half-decent bag, so I highly appreciate an artist doing a classy pack of just bags.

Releases like the above and the fancy but practical shoes that have appeared over the last few months make me happy. I know where my money is going today.

Yep, totally getting these the next time I put together a cart. 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251

Yeah, the versatility of G9 content when it comes to what you can use for male characters is somewhat like the versatilty of the dress a bride picks for her bridesmaids. telling them "you can wear it again..."

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

paulawp (marahzen) said:

OrangeFalcon said:

Timbales said:

There's a full sized 4 door pickup in today's new releases. That is the regular car of modern America.

I'm an American and can confirm we have a lot of these.  But the standard car in America?  Nah.

Truthfully, things like this are what's all over the roads in my US locale:

Zirael Flyte Hatchback Family Car | Daz 3D

Here (in LA) we have mostly black SUVs, Priuses, anything hybrid, BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches, other high end cars, but rarely see pick-up trucks at all except maybe at Home Depot. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

I really like three new products today! The mime outfit, hand bags and pearl necklaces! I rarely buy new items (except to trigger sales) but have 8 tokens so going to indulge... 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

Wonderland said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

OrangeFalcon said:

Timbales said:

There's a full sized 4 door pickup in today's new releases. That is the regular car of modern America.

I'm an American and can confirm we have a lot of these.  But the standard car in America?  Nah.

Here (in LA) we have mostly black SUVs, Priuses, anything hybrid, BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches, other high end cars, but rarely see pick-up trucks at all except maybe at Home Depot. 

Here in The Valley I see a fair number of old–sometimes very old–beat up pickup trucks belonging to landscapers.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,443

lou_harper said:

The Aging Morphs are nice.

https://www.daz3d.com/aging-morphs-for-genesis-9

they are. now for some skin textures for different ages.  

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,574

I was also wooed by the necklace set. Shades, mountings, etc made it worthwhile and it triggered the right prices for the rest of my cart. now I have tokens, too. 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    edited March 28

Wonderland said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

OrangeFalcon said:

Timbales said:

Been to LA, more time than I can count. Live half way between Palm Springs and LA. LA is 1 hr away, while Palm Springs is 45 minutes away. LA does have a huge amount of SUVs but haven't seen a ton of Mercedes. LA is a huge place and it also has a very huge homeless problem and those people have no vehicles.. A tourist would be disappointed and shocked to see the number of homeless living in boxes at the curbside. Not all of LA is glitz, glimmer and clean. If that's the look one seeks Palm Springs wins hands down. Lots of Mercedes there, but yes we own a Toyota Tundra, as our third vehicle! Gotta love thoseTundras We updated the tires to be wide, lifted/raised it for the look for the sports races, and the fuel injected V8 engine is good for 300k.  The truth is most cities have their scum area and their upper class and everything in between, And LA has more trucks than you think. Here are the trucks registered per state (includes commercial) and California has the highest count.

Edit: To Upload a jpg for the truck stats per state in case you are denied acceess as a non-member.

Truck Stats.JPG
    1578 x 1328 - 240K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

John is an odd choice of name for a character that is heavily themed after Jesus of Nazareth. They could at least have gone for Josh.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,779
    edited March 28
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • Hylas said:

A guy that's hairy all over but shaves his armpits... *SIGH*

I agree. I likely would've grabbed this, but its incomplete without armpit hair. Luckily, I already have Jepe's Sandor character package which includes excellent strand-based body hair. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    edited March 28
    I find Universal Haloes interesting and potentially useful, but I wish:

1. There were promos showing the halos from different angles. It looks like they float a bit behind the head by default? Some shots demonstrating how they might look moved up and tilted forward or perhaps nearly horizontal over the head would be welcome, too, since that's likely how I'd prefer to position them. Maybe even intersecting the head, either horizontally or vertically, for a sort of "embedded in the flesh" appearance?

2. That midnight_stories consistently offered all of the additional licensing options. It seems like a coin flip between "nothing", "3D-printing", and "3D-printing + interactive" for their G9 products.

Still considering a purchase - I just feel like this could have been an easy "insta-buy" for me rather than "I'll think about it." That's all. The work itself looks great as far as I can tell.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961

Hylas said:

A guy that's hairy all over but shaves his armpits... *SIGH*

I agree. I likely would've grabbed this, but its incomplete without armpit hair. Luckily, I already have Jepe's Sandor character package which includes excellent strand-based body hair. 

I'm still going to get it for the variety, need to see if I've got separate armpit hair that will work with G9. Most body hair is all one piece now, and armpit hair doesn't transfer well because it's on both sides of a joint. I understand why it's such a difficult piece to create, but with so few options I think it's worth it for someone to do...

I understand that armpit hair is difficult, but come on you guys. In all of G3/G8/G8.1 I know of exactyl one decent armpit hair product - that would be Oh My Body Hair by RedzStudio - and even that one's just ok, in my opinion.

edited March 28

doubledeviant said:

1. There were promos showing the halos from different angles. It looks like they float a bit behind the head by default? Some shots demonstrating how they might look moved up and tilted forward or perhaps nearly horizontal over the head would be welcome, too, since that's likely how I'd prefer to position them. Maybe even intersecting the head, either horizontally or vertically, for a sort of "embedded in the flesh" appearance?

They are "medievalist" haloes in that they are oriented vertically behind the head, as opposed to latter-day haloes which tend to be depicted as sitting horizontally above the head like a hat. They do not actually touch the head; they're a couple of inches behind it. Of course you could always change the orientation yourself, if you wanted to tilt them. Some of these wouldn't look especially good if they were completely horizontal and viewed edge-on.

The props themselves just load as wardrobe, parented to the head, not the figure (so you have to dive down into the figure tree to find them). Karmen is modeling a combination of Halo 5 and Halo 6 here.

haloes.png
    1000 x 1000 - 987K
    Post edited by columbine on

By the by, if you're like me and almost never buy a G9 wardrobe item without wondering/worrying about how well it will downfit to G8: the haloes apply fine to G8 figures, they just apply a bit too low (because G9s are short) and can easily be moved up a little, no big deal.

columbine said:

By the by, if you're like me and almost never buy a G9 wardrobe item without wondering/worrying about how well it will downfit to G8: the haloes apply fine to G8 figures, they just apply a bit too low (because G9s are short) and can easily be moved up a little, no big deal.

Good to know, thx!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,907

columbine said:

doubledeviant said:

They are "medievalist" haloes in that they are oriented vertically behind the head, as opposed to latter-day haloes which tend to be depicted as sitting horizontally above the head like a hat. They do not actually touch the head; they're a couple of inches behind it. Of course you could always change the orientation yourself, if you wanted to tilt them. Some of these wouldn't look especially good if they were completely horizontal and viewed edge-on.

The props themselves just load as wardrobe, parented to the head, not the figure (so you have to dive down into the figure tree to find them).

or click on them (or the ehad) in the Viewport.

Karmen is modeling a combination of Halo 5 and Halo 6 here.

Richard Haseltine said:

or click on them (or the head) in the Viewport.

This is actually what I meant, more or less. You click on them in the viewport and it selects them in the figure tree over in the scene pane. I don't normally dig into the tree the hard way. I just was trying to distinguish between "hats that are easier to find because they load at the top level of the figure like most clothing" and "hats that are parented to the head."

Earrings are my least favorite because they're always parented to the head (for posing/follow reasons, I assume) and they're usually very hard to click on in the viewport. (And I say that as someone who has learned to almost flawlessly be able to click on the left or right eye instead of the whole head because I have to manually reset the eyeball pose back to zero so much.)

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

columbine said:

Earrings are my least favorite because they're always parented to the head (for posing/follow reasons, I assume) and they're usually very hard to click on in the viewport. (And I say that as someone who has learned to almost flawlessly be able to click on the left or right eye instead of the whole head because I have to manually reset the eyeball pose back to zero so much.)

God, I feel this. I'm always putting fifteen tiny pieces of jewelry on a character because ummm maximalism, I swear it's an aesthetic, and then cursing myself when I come back to the file the next day and have to individually select all of them to make a minute change to their materials. (Once I know I'm not going to change a pose again, sometimes I'll reparent jewelry to the figure root so that it's easier to find.) 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

Hylas said:

I understand that armpit hair is difficult, but come on you guys. In all of G3/G8/G8.1 I know of exactyl one decent armpit hair product - that would be Oh My Body Hair by RedzStudio - and even that one's just ok, in my opinion.

Armpit hair is probably a nightmare to rig. I think to really do it properly, you'd need to simulate strands.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,907

Ninefold said:

columbine said:

God, I feel this. I'm always putting fifteen tiny pieces of jewelry on a character because ummm maximalism, I swear it's an aesthetic, and then cursing myself when I come back to the file the next day and have to individually select all of them to make a minute change to their materials. (Once I know I'm not going to change a pose again, sometimes I'll reparent jewelry to the figure root so that it's easier to find.) 

With difficult-to-select items I just click on the parent node (e.g. the head), then expand that in the Scene pane and select them there - the extra click to expand is less painful than trying to hit individual items (especially if there is hair in the way).