Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

I know it's not from today, I didn't get round to posting this before - the Ethno Outfit in the Cheyenne bundle and also the texture expansion have really REALLY nice colors and patterns (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-ethnomod-outfit-for-genesis-9), I just gave them a run in Studio. Especially love the intricate collar with its intertwined strands/layers. Very interesting and useful for all sorts of settings.

Maybe if @Mada happens to read this: could you please return to making promos with bright lighting, instead of the very dark set up you used for this product? I almost didn't buy it because I didn't see how lovely the colors truly are. The promos are very nice renders for sure, but we really need to see what we get, you know ... So that would be helpful. 

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

tsroemi said:

I know it's not from today, I didn't get round to posting this before - the Ethno Outfit in the Cheyenne bundle and also the texture expansion have really REALLY nice colors and patterns (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-ethnomod-outfit-for-genesis-9), I just gave them a run in Studio. Especially love the intricate collar with its intertwined strands/layers. Very interesting and useful for all sorts of settings.

Maybe if @Mada happens to read this: could you please return to making promos with bright lighting, instead of the very dark set up you used for this product? I almost didn't buy it because I didn't see how lovely the colors truly are. The promos are very nice renders for sure, but we really need to see what we get, you know ... So that would be helpful. 

Glad you like it :) I'll keep the lighting in mind - thanks for the feedback.

• chanurchanur Posts: 46
    edited April 24

Hylas said:

https://www.daz3d.com/jasa-taliyah-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-female

Not technically a new release, but new to this store.

Can anybody confirm if this character has the pointy elf ears baked into her head morph, or is it a separate morph? Perhaps someone who already has her from her Rendo days?

Thanks!

The elf ears are a morph that is set to 100 by default. If you don't want elf ears, just set the morph to zero and she has human ears.

Post edited by chanur on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092

AM's Smilodon Poses. https://www.daz3d.com/smilo-poses-for-am-smilodon

I have a weakness for cats. These poses are my Maine Coon writ large. This is the cat he imagines himself to be, doing the cat things he imagines he's doing.

Absolutely amazing. Love them. Cherish them.

Regards,

Richard

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,073

Aliens for Mr. Bobble is a hoot. :)

Mada said:

tsroemi said:

Glad you like it :) I'll keep the lighting in mind - thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the reply, that'd be great. Again, the clothes are awesome nevertheless. 

• xyer0 said:

The stitched-up pocket on the trench though. Why? Why?

Bigger on the inside?

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,259
    it's actually a giant ravioli
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,312
    edited April 24

lou_harper said:

Aliens for Mr. Bobble is a hoot. :)

I may have cheered out loud when I saw it in the store last night! And the fact that it comes WITH the spacesuit - SUPER BONUS! I put it in my cart so fast it probably thought it had been abducted!

Post edited by Gogger on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,791

chanur said:

Hylas said:

https://www.daz3d.com/jasa-taliyah-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-female

Not technically a new release, but new to this store.

Can anybody confirm if this character has the pointy elf ears baked into her head morph, or is it a separate morph? Perhaps someone who already has her from her Rendo days?

Thanks!

The elf ears are a morph that is set to 100 by default. If you don't want elf ears, just set the morph to zero and she has human ears.

thank you! yes

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 196

Me: Hooray! A new winter coat!

(several clicks later)

Me: ...that doesn't zip shut. Sigh.

But hey, you can ruck up the camisole that comes with it, so there's that.

• MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 18

SilverGirl said:

Me: Hooray! A new winter coat! ...that doesn't zip shut. Sigh.

Yes! angry I'm in desperate need of cute winter things and that outfit is perfect! But without a zipped-up coat morph, it's useless to me. Shame. 

MissLeah said:

SilverGirl said:

Me: Hooray! A new winter coat! ...that doesn't zip shut. Sigh.

Yes! angry I'm in desperate need of cute winter things and that outfit is perfect! But without a zipped-up coat morph, it's useless to me. Shame. 

This puffer jacket is cropped, but it does open and close and it's really quite cheap: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-short-puffer-jacket-for-g8-8-1f-and-g9. Maybe that helps?

• MissLeahMissLeah Posts: 18

tsroemi said:

This puffer jacket is cropped, but it does open and close and it's really quite cheap: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-short-puffer-jacket-for-g8-8-1f-and-g9. Maybe that helps?

Ooh! One I don't have yet! Thanks, Tsroemi! yes 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Nice to see some new stuff for 8.1. And, for that matter, G8.

edited April 27

JOdel said:

Nice to see some new stuff for 8.1. And, for that matter, G8.

Agreed! yes

Jon looks incredibly well made. Faber is always great, but I feel this may be one of his strongest creations yet!

It's almost a bummer that I have no use for a Kit Harrington look-a-like (and I'm moving away from celebrity look-a-likes anyway)... but I may get him anyway just because his skin looks so good!

Post edited by Hylas on
    edited April 27

https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-ms-shaders

99% of folks won't care, but I happen to be a professional in this specific industry so it buggs me to no end... none of the "woven" fabrics in this shader pack are woven! They are all knitted. Completely different technique, different machines, different yarns, different processing, different everything. cool

The shaders do look good though.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • LauritaLaurita Posts: 196

Which is particularly annoying when you search for knit shaders and these won't show up. I agree that they are nice. 

Hylas said:

99% of folks won't care, but I happen to be a professional in this specific industry so it buggs me to no end... none of the "woven" fabrics in this shader pack are woven! They are all knitted. Completely different technique, different machines, different yarns, different processing, different everything. cool

Laurita said:

Which is particularly annoying when you search for knit shaders and these won't show up. I agree that they are nice. 

Hylas said:

Thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't even thought about this. Will sort them accordingly in my own shader library. But yes, they do look amazing! 

• FC2CFC2C Posts: 18

Hylas said:

Aha yeah I found the naming of this product weirdly difficult originally I was going with Knitted Shaders, but some of these fabrics I'm sure you can only achieve with a machine and I thought if I called it knitted people would be expecting handmade style knitted things, unfortunately this is the name I settled on  i do have "knitted" in the tags but I think I might have messed up and always added a second word like "knitted Fabrics" so I've made a bit of a mess of these aha! I hoped that the search engine would recognise both words individually, and would bring people to them. But thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you liked the look of them 

Laurita said:

Hylas said:

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I had an internal dilemma when naming these haha, I over complicated it and then fumbled the tags as well. People may never find them but I'm glad at least that the people who have seen them seem to like the shaders haha 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,090

FC2C said:

Laurita said:

Hylas said:

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I had an internal dilemma when naming these haha, I over complicated it and then fumbled the tags as well. People may never find them but I'm glad at least that the people who have seen them seem to like the shaders haha 

I should think you could ask for the tags to be changed (knit might be a more likely search term than knitted) - possibly the name too, though after the wallpaper they may make a Genesis 9 clone of you and stick virtual pins in its feet (probably not its arms, since they would want you to keep making these materials). I was puzzled by the name, but they are very useful fabric types so they are safely in my cart.

Richard Haseltine said:

FC2C said:

Laurita said:

Hylas said:

I should think you could ask for the tags to be changed (knit might be a more likely search term than knitted) - possibly the name too, though after the wallpaper they may make a Genesis 9 clone of you and stick virtual pins in its feet (probably not its arms, since they would want you to keep making these materials). I was puzzled by the name, but they are very useful fabric types so they are safely in my cart.

Hahaha you know about the wallpaper mess up?? Haha I think they'd string me up if I had to change another thing but I really should ask because I royally messed up the tags this time! the only way you can find these is if you search something like "knitted shaders pack" which no one is doing aha XD, thank you for your support!

• NathNath Posts: 2,719
    edited April 29

Heads up: 

The Shire Folk Armoury for Genesis 9, 8, and 8.1 Texture Add-On

https://www.daz3d.com/the-shire-folk-armoury-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-texture-add-on

has an editorial license.

Post edited by Nath on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200

FC2C said:

Richard Haseltine said:

FC2C said:

Laurita said:

Hylas said:

Hahaha you know about the wallpaper mess up?? Haha I think they'd string me up if I had to change another thing but I really should ask because I royally messed up the tags this time! the only way you can find these is if you search something like "knitted shaders pack" which no one is doing aha XD, thank you for your support!

@FC2C My biggest disappointment with this shader set is the number of knits that go the "wrong" way. Knit wales run vertically on a garment. Of course the result will depend on the UV of the item the shader is applied to, but when the UV is correctly laid out the way a garment would be cut from fabric, many of the shaders in this pack go 90 degrees wrong. The cable knit is OK, but the rib patterns that I looked at are wrong. I think the purl is wrong, too, but I haven't examined it closely. Now I have to decide whether it is worth it to rotate these with Shader Rotator or whether I should just return the product.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

I have knitted jumpers sideways

just saying cheeky

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200

WendyLuvsCatz said:

just saying cheeky

Are you kidding? Am I just out of touch with new techniques? I have NEVER heard of anyone doing that. Did you actually find a pattern that directed you to do that, or did you just "roll your own"? winkEverything I have ever knit, and every pattern I have ever used, is top to bottom.

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

just saying cheeky

Are you kidding? Am I just out of touch with new techniques? I have NEVER heard of anyone doing that. Did you actually find a pattern that directed you to do that, or did you just "roll your own"? winkEverything I have ever knit, and every pattern I have ever used, is top to bottom.

I've done sideway knits as well; some 'batwing'-sleeved sweaters in the 1980s from a pattern, and some where I rolled my own... 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

Nath said:

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

just saying cheeky

I've done sideway knits as well; some 'batwing'-sleeved sweaters in the 1980s from a pattern, and some where I rolled my own... 

I did that a lot, too. In Germany, we mostly knit bottom to top, but for some patterns I love sideway knits.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

yes it was a batwing  navel revealing top when I was in my 20's 

long gone so cannot show you