Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• FC2CFC2C Posts: 18

Elor said:

It seems as nice and as complete as @Destiny's Design and @FC2C two previous shaders products:

https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-anaglypta-wallpaper-mr-shaders

I don't have the funds nor the needs for it right now but when I have both, I know where to look to get nice looking 3D wallpapers smiley

I definetly have to thank you for putting out this forum post aha blush I was feeling a little disheartened looking at the sales today, I make the shaders myself and Destiny is my render artist, so a month of working on my own was looking like it wasn't going to do so well, but seeing your post made me feel like I hadn't wasted my time heart you really cheered me up today so I just wanted to drop a thanks aha laugh

• FC2CFC2C Posts: 18

Leana said:

Elor said:

It seems as nice and as complete as @Destiny's Design and @FC2C two previous shaders products:

I don't have the funds nor the needs for it right now but when I have both, I know where to look to get nice looking 3D wallpapers smiley

Those look very good indeed :)

Thank you!  blush I'm glad you like the look of them! My render artist Destiny did a great job bringing my shaders to life in the promos I think laugh

• Elor said:

Oh I'd love to claim them, they were a treat to work with! Unfortunately I'm more of a background stuff and promo artist. Creating the textures is all FC2C!
  • Probably an off topic comment, but......

Now that Lilflame is here at Daz, I keep seeing some stuff and saying to myself "Wait....I KNOW I bought this!!".  Then I go to Renderosity just to make sure I do indeed have it from there.

Wish there was someway where Daz could acknowledge that you got an item from Lilflame at Renderosity first, to prevent 'repeat purchases' (or with anyone who once had a store/still has a store there).

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 178

FC2C said:

Elor said:

I definetly have to thank you for putting out this forum post aha blush I was feeling a little disheartened looking at the sales today, I make the shaders myself and Destiny is my render artist, so a month of working on my own was looking like it wasn't going to do so well, but seeing your post made me feel like I hadn't wasted my time heart you really cheered me up today so I just wanted to drop a thanks aha laugh

I know they're marketed as wallpaper shaders, but some of those would work really well for ceiling textures as well. (One of them in particular reminds me of what my parents had done at their house.) :) 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,067

I really like those wallpaper shaders too.

On the other hand, I completely ignored all The Wolfie stuff because of the non-informative thumbnails.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041
    edited April 10

AbrahamRockwell said:

Probably an off topic comment, but......

Now that Lilflame is here at Daz, I keep seeing some stuff and saying to myself "Wait....I KNOW I bought this!!".  Then I go to Renderosity just to make sure I do indeed have it from there.

Wish there was someway where Daz could acknowledge that you got an item from Lilflame at Renderosity first, to prevent 'repeat purchases' (or with anyone who once had a store/still has a store there).

I used the "whishlist comment" feature of Daz Deals browser add-on to add a "Bought at Rendo" comment to them. That won't help for list pages but at least I have a warning on the product page itself that way.

Edit: scratch that, you can actually add a tag visible in lists if you use a "+" (eg "+Rendo")

Post edited by Leana on
  • I completely missed the new wallpaper shaders because I've found the sales over the past few days messy to navigate. I've barely been looking at them.

Love FC2C's shaders and today's are awesome too.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,698

Leana said:

AbrahamRockwell said:

Probably an off topic comment, but......

I used the "whishlist comment" feature of Daz Deals browser add-on to add a "Bought at Rendo" comment to them. That won't help for list pages but at least I have a warning on the product page itself that way.

Edit: scratch that, you can actually add a tag visible in lists if you use a "+" (eg "+Rendo")

! Thanks, @Leana

A non-sexy G9 service worker uniform! Like one would see actual people wear in real life!!! THANK YOU TO THE ARTIST!!!!!!!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,252
    I was interested in the Ghoul body shape, until I saw the right lighting reveals that crease I hate.
    Screenshot_20240412-072539.png
    1080 x 1630 - 901K
    edited April 12

SilverGirl said:

A non-sexy G9 service worker uniform! Like one would see actual people wear in real life!!! THANK YOU TO THE ARTIST!!!!!!!

It's in my cart because I always need aprons and don't have a G9 one yet.

Otherwise, I'm waffling on the Jean Outfit. The material and draping looks good, but I don't know about that exposed belly button. So impractical.

Curtiss Jenny is nice but I'd be hard-pressed to find a use for it.

Post edited by lou_harper on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041
    edited April 12

lou_harper said:

Otherwise, I'm waffling on the
    Jean Outfit. The material and draping looks good, but I don't know about that exposed belly button. So impractical.

In real life that cardigan would most likely be worn over a tshirt or tank top.

I'd probably use it with a geoshell like one of the "Sexy Skinz" bodysuits under it to avoid layering problems.

Post edited by Leana on

Leana said:

lou_harper said:

Otherwise, I'm waffling on the
    Jean Outfit. The material and draping looks good, but I don't know about that exposed belly button. So impractical.

In real life that cardigan would most likely be worn over a tshirt or tank top.

I'd probably use it with a geoshell like one of the "Sexy Skinz" bodysuits under it to avoid layering problems.

I second the layering vote. I have a few that are sort of similar that I'll throw over a turtleneck of other lighter long-sleeve shirt in the winter for when I need a little more warmth but maybe don't want the full bulk of a sweater. (Personally I wouldn't do a T-shirt because the sleeves would get bunched and feel weird, and if it's cold enough for a sweater I'm probably not wearing a tank, but YMMV.)

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,252
    Not crazy about the collar on the catering/barista outfit, or the overall fit. The buttons are cartoonishly big, but they could probably be scaled down.
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,675

Timbales said:

Not crazy about the collar on the catering/barista outfit, or the overall fit. The buttons are cartoonishly big, but they could probably be scaled down.

If they are attached with rigid follower nodes easy. Else you would have to make a morph.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    Lots of Daz clothing has giant buttons. I don't know why.

I don't even care about the clothing under. I just want the apron. In the past I tried to use the G8M BBQ apron on G8F and the fit was horrible even at a simple standing pose. Especially the crotch area.

Haunted Artifact Room is really interesting. I just wish it wasn't so dark. I'll probably have to retexture all the walls. And I wish there was an image with the props.

Train Street is nice too.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,385

lou_harper said:

Haunted Artifact Room is really interesting. I just wish it wasn't so dark. I'll probably have to retexture all the walls. And I wish there was an image with the props.

Train Street is nice too.

Same, both look really interesting, but the promos could sure use some more lights and details. With the details, it's the same with this recent set, also by Xivon: https://www.daz3d.com/xi-old-arabian-market 

• winmathwinmath Posts: 131
    edited April 15

lou_harper said:

Train Street is nice to

The shops in Train Street are too close to the train. This looks like a tragic accident waiting to happen. -- https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/94171/i/xitrainstreet02daz3d.jpg

Post edited by winmath on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,782

winmath said:

lou_harper said:

Train Street is nice to

The shops in Train Street are too close to the train. This looks like a tragic accident waiting to happen. -- https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/94171/i/xitrainstreet02daz3d.jpg

Such "train markets" could be seen in Thailand... The train moves slowly but it still "scratches" people from time to time...

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,079
    Yep, it's very realistic. Shame a populated render couldn't have been used. Otherwise looks really good.
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited April 15

Jenny.

https://www.daz3d.com/curtiss-jenny

It's an epitome of "boring, but practical", but everyone and their cat was flying this. The nose and the radiator have slightly different shape on some old photos, but are matching on the others.

Comes with an extra propeller prop for blurring it.

No weird paintjobs. I think they are all correct for Interwar, I'm not sure if for WW I because all are civilian. The green one is US Air Mail, but that's 1918 at the earliest.

Jenny_1.jpg
    900 x 600 - 349K
    Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

winmath said:

lou_harper said:

Train Street is nice to

Like others, I have seen this in various Asian countries. The land along the side of railways tends to be public land, and the poor will build their crude houses along these strips as they can not afford to buy land. A lot will then open small stalls or eateries just outside their homes, creating the scene shown in the promos. Remember that the rail line came first, then the houses were built along it.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,446

Anax For Genesis 9 | Daz 3D   Brilliant looking. The main promo not so much, but the rest. There are no morphs listed in the description, but it appears the ears can be human or orc, which is very cool. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

FC2C said:

Elor said:

Which engine are these shaders for, I couldn't see it stated on the promo page?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,698

I'd been wondering if Linday were gonna continue with output, and yesterday's dress and vignette bundle answered with a resounding YES! Those wall textures are going to upgrade/upscale/luxurify a bunch of scenes for me, and I can easily build a room with what they've provided. Also, it looked like they did some promos for Stonemason, whose set I had no immediate use for, but I threw it in the cart, and the cart total went down! It was cheaper to get Linday's bundle with the Stonemason set than Linday's bundle alone!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165

scorpio said:

FC2C said:

Elor said:

Which engine are these shaders for, I couldn't see it stated on the promo page?

Your link goes to an Oops page. Did they change the name of the product? Is this the link you mean https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-aesthetic-wallpaper-mr-shaders

I love those wallpapers!

Urban fantasy outfit is pretty nice. https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-urban-fantasy-outfit-for-genesis-9-81-and-8-female

A bit skimpy for me, but should mix and match well with the Assassin Outfit. https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-leather-assassin-outfit-for-genesis-9-81-and-8-female

Both are perfect for Urban Fantasy book covers.