Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    edited April 17

Expression Randomizer for Genesis 9 was released a few days ago. I've been having fun trying it out. Somehow it comes up with good combinations of expression settings that I would never think to try myself, and most look really good so far.

Recipe:
    /Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/Expression Collection for Olympia 9/EC for Olympia 9 Wondering: 0.649
    /Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/Smile Fusion/Smile Fusion 15 Full Face: 0.519
    /Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/Expression Collection for Genghis Khan 9/EC for Genghis Khan 9 Enthusiasm: 0.389
    /Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/Built-In/Suspicious: 0.259
    /Pose Controls/Head/Expressions/The Sir/JW The Sir-Almost Laugh-Nikolai 9: 0.129

Fanny Expression Randomizer.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,072
    edited April 18

Lully's new Chemise a la Reine.

dForce - Chemise a la Reine-G8F | Daz 3D

MIssLucy.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 879K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Very nice!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,196

I quite like Cheyenne 9, especially with the Kinship add-on for subtle genetic variations. The native outfits only feel a little exploitative, which is pretty good for native American content.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,500

The 10-year old little boy in me is happy about todays new releases cheeky

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Yes, that was instabuy smiley 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,081

Will fit perfectly in Linday's https://www.daz3d.com/rococo-revival-walls-vignette-kit too.

Very nice

Regards,

Richard

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,327

Gordig said:

I quite like Cheyenne 9, especially with the Kinship add-on for subtle genetic variations. The native outfits only feel a little exploitative, which is pretty good for native American content.

That's right, the 'Kinship' morphs look very good! Unfortunately, I overlooked them when I put together my personal 'Pro Bundle'. Hopefully there will be another wishlist sale soon...

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,751

I almost missed out on https://www.daz3d.com/meadow-flowers-bundle when I was putting together my cart but thankfully scrolled down a little bit more down the screen. The pro bundle, face morphs, a texture add-on, and the flowers bundle with 8 tokens and my DAZ+ coupon = $54.98.

I bought both of Lully's historic dresses when they were on Rendo. Lovely work and I wish there were more in the works.

memcneil70 said:

I almost missed out on https://www.daz3d.com/meadow-flowers-bundle when I was putting together my cart but thankfully scrolled down a little bit more down the screen. The pro bundle, face morphs, a texture add-on, and the flowers bundle with 8 tokens and my DAZ+ coupon = $54.98.

I bought both of Lully's historic dresses when they were on Rendo. Lovely work and I wish there were more in the works.

The new PA's brought a large selection of (G8) clothing that fits normal everyday scene. Me likes, wallet not so much  

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 184

I would be curious to know what some actual Indigenous folk think of today's releases. I would love to have some diversity in my characters, but I'm waaaay too white to feel comfortable in deciding whether something is well done or not. Some of the traditional outfits feel "not right" to my (again very white, but trying to be better educated) understanding of things. (And given the historical context, I feel like pairing it with the cowboys/old west theme was in bad taste.)

SilverGirl said:

I would be curious to know what some actual Indigenous folk think of today's releases. I would love to have some diversity in my characters, but I'm waaaay too white to feel comfortable in deciding whether something is well done or not. Some of the traditional outfits feel "not right" to my (again very white, but trying to be better educated) understanding of things. (And given the historical context, I feel like pairing it with the cowboys/old west theme was in bad taste.)

I'm not Native American, but I know a few, and I suspect they will view this release with as mixed feelings as you and I do.

On the one hand I am a bit disappointed, because when I saw the newsletter with 'Cheyenne 9' I had hoped that an update of the very old (V4/M4) but good 'Cheyenne' bundle was finally here. Not so. On the other hand: Cheyenne 9 is a really beautiful character with lots of personality. So let's hope that Cheyenne 9 at least gets a male counterpart.

'BW Indigenous Outfit For Genesis 9'): Ouch! A 'Cheyenne' woman in a miniskirt with a war bonnet! Does Daz think his clientele will only accept a theme if it can feature scantily clad girls? At least the bonnet looks like it's very well made, that's why I bought it. But the fact that it is being worn by a woman here is certainly pure 'sexy' kitsch fantasy. Not really in good taste, when it is supposedly so important for Daz to respect the culture of the Native Americans...

• I like Cheyenne and the kinship morphs. Don't know if I want to buy the morphs because I feel like they should be achievable with a few sliders, but I have no qualms in saying there are some fantastic variations on the base model in the pack. Brilliant bit of work.

On the tie in with the western theme - disappointed, tbh. Can't we celebrate a Native American character without that? Comparisons could be drawn with European-centric themes that would cause outright outrage if they were tied together on a sales page. Why the sale wasn't put together with consideration of that sort of impact or even just the optics, I can't fathom. Yeah, very disappointed on that aspect.

Echo some of the thoughts on the outfits too.

Cheyenne, though, is awesome. Probably get her and some of the other bits and ignore the rest no matter the price.

• OrangeFalconOrangeFalcon Posts: 39
    edited April 18

I love Cheyenne and got the Pro Bundle.  The cultural outfits look very good!  Here are some renders I made for her:

Cheyenne Portrait.jpg
    1650 x 1526 - 935K
    Cheyenne Mountain.jpg
    1650 x 1526 - 928K
    Cheyenne Business.jpg
    1650 x 1526 - 1M
    Post edited by OrangeFalcon on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,068
    edited April 18

It would've been nice if at least one of the outfits was realistic insted of the usual sexy costume version. That native outfit is a bad joke. The headdress is nice, but the rest...

Post edited by lou_harper on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,253
    Yeah, I 'm not really comfortable with today's Native American themed releases. Not knowing if anyone indigenous was involved or consulted makes me wary given the history of the US.
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,962
    Oh, right Coachella is this weekend.

caravelle said:

'BW Indigenous Outfit For Genesis 9'): Ouch! A 'Cheyenne' woman in a miniskirt with a war bonnet! Does Daz think his clientele will only accept a theme if it can feature scantily clad girls? At least the bonnet looks like it's very well made, that's why I bought it. But the fact that it is being worn by a woman here is certainly pure 'sexy' kitsch fantasy. Not really in good taste, when it is supposedly so important for Daz to respect the culture of the Native Americans...

Yeah, TBH that one really made me flinch. I'm not a huge fan of skimpwear to begin with, especially when it's sexing up service professions who already get harassed on the job from people who think real life ought to be like p**n, but given the rate of MMIW compared to other populations, fetishizing them is just... more icky than usual, even aside from the culture dominance issues. And my understanding is the war bonnet has religious significance, so... extra extra gross. 

• FC2CFC2C Posts: 18

scorpio said:

FC2C said:

Elor said:

It seems as nice and as complete as @Destiny's Design and @FC2C two previous shaders products:

https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-anaglypta-wallpaper-mr-shaders

I don't have the funds nor the needs for it right now but when I have both, I know where to look to get nice looking 3D wallpapers smiley

I definetly have to thank you for putting out this forum post aha blush I was feeling a little disheartened looking at the sales today, I make the shaders myself and Destiny is my render artist, so a month of working on my own was looking like it wasn't going to do so well, but seeing your post made me feel like I hadn't wasted my time heart you really cheered me up today so I just wanted to drop a thanks aha laugh

Which engine are these shaders for, I couldn't see it stated on the promo page?

hey there! I make my shaders to work for Iray :) (and yep Anaglypta Wallpaper is now Aesthetic Wallpaper :D

• FC2CFC2C Posts: 18

barbult said:

scorpio said:

FC2C said:

Elor said:

It seems as nice and as complete as @Destiny's Design and @FC2C two previous shaders products:

https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-anaglypta-wallpaper-mr-shaders

I don't have the funds nor the needs for it right now but when I have both, I know where to look to get nice looking 3D wallpapers smiley

I definetly have to thank you for putting out this forum post aha blush I was feeling a little disheartened looking at the sales today, I make the shaders myself and Destiny is my render artist, so a month of working on my own was looking like it wasn't going to do so well, but seeing your post made me feel like I hadn't wasted my time heart you really cheered me up today so I just wanted to drop a thanks aha laugh

Which engine are these shaders for, I couldn't see it stated on the promo page?

Your link goes to an Oops page. Did they change the name of the product? Is this the link you mean https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-aesthetic-wallpaper-mr-shaders

aha yep the product name had to change, I didn't realise Anaglypta is trademarked XD 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,335

lou_harper said:

It would've been nice if at least one of the outfits was realistic insted of the usual sexy costume version. That native outfit is a bad joke. The headdress is nice, but the rest...

Yep. I would have much prefered an upated version of the very old outdated Cheyenne Bundle.  

Charlie Judge said:

lou_harper said:

Yep. I would have much prefered an upated version of the very old outdated Cheyenne Bundle.  

Me too.

• lou_harper said:

Charlie Judge said:

lou_harper said:

Me too.

I'll check into this conversation and agree with this, though I do like the new character and shapes and, after considering the relevant cart jenga, plan to at least buy that much. 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I'll check into this conversation and agree with this, though I do like the new character and shapes and, after considering the relevant cart jenga, plan to at least buy that much. 

I like the character. I generally prefer figures with a little more personality, but the DAZ coupon is burning whole in pocket, so I think I'll buy her and the alternate shapes.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,387
    edited April 18

I like the character well enough, and I think the feather headdress and the sun priestess outfit are really very nicely made. Am also loving the necklaces/beads/collars of the ethno outfit by Mada. Yeah, most of it is skimpwear as per usual. Honestly, why would we expect supposed Native American content to be treated any better than others? DAZ puts everyone in skimpies as long as they're somewhat female presenting characters. Am awaiting 'Mother Mary X-Fashion Panty Set' any day, really. devil

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,577

Timbales said:

Yeah, I 'm not really comfortable with today's Native American themed releases. Not knowing if anyone indigenous was involved or consulted makes me wary given the history of the US.

I Honestly don't see creating native American themed 3D assets as any form of cultural appropriation.  (It always seems the non indigenous ones are the ones that have issues like this)

I am thrilled to see this after all the talk on the forums saying that PAs probably aren't allowed to create these types of contents because of offending someone. I agree that the Cheyenne outfit is skimpy and non traditional, but that is one amazing looking war bonnet, so insta buy from me, who is part Cherokee (great grandmotther was full blood Cherokee nation and had family on the Dawes Rolls).

Bravo DAZ! Now we need more traditaional wear also!!

FSMCDesigns said:

Timbales said:

I Honestly don't see creating native American themed 3D assets as any form of cultural appropriation.  (It always seems the non indigenous ones are the ones that have issues like this)

Speaking as a non-Indigenous person... I tend to err on the side of caution until I hear a general consensus from the community involved. :) 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,751

I am native American on both sides of my family, yet never had a chance to learn my history or culture. I was surprised after the discussion we had in the past that it was forbidden to reproduce their items in 3d. 

That said, I find Cheyenne 9 an excellent character and the facial morph pack an instant buy for me. We have needed a solid female character to give representation to dial from for the American Continents. I did buy the pro pack because I could get a better price with everything in it that I did like. The outfits, yeah, ... sorry PAs, at least there were no high heels. I do wish the makeup had a few more options for normal makeup, besides the one. The feather headdress might be usable for a traditional tribal dancers. A young man I spoke with last week, is a member of the Navajo Nation and just returned from a gather where he participated and showed me the photos of him in his outfits.

And for anyone around the world, in the western United States, you can find Indigenous People in all walks of life, so normal clothing in your runtime will work just fine. From government, medicine, teachers, first responders, parents, kids, grandparents, religious leaders, astronaut, or your store clerk. They are just our neighbors.

Mary

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,081

I do appreciate the fenced produced by Censored (https://www.daz3d.com/modular-metal-railings-merchant-resource). They'd go nicely with my fancy iron gate freebie from 2022 here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7679196/#Comment_7679196  . Glad someone else has realised the shortage of such things too. I am also impressed with the finishes - the rusty ones look particularly realistic.

Regards,

Richard

SilverGirl said:

Speaking as a non-Indigenous person... I tend to err on the side of caution until I hear a general consensus from the community involved. :) 

Just as it is not for the insulter to decide what is an insult or not, but for the addressee. Or possibly the judge.