Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2023 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,265
    edited October 2023

DreamWeever said:

Just another day in the Savana

3DL? well done.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • AgitatedRiot said:

DreamWeever said:

3DL? well done.

Pretty sure that one is Iray, but I did it a while back and cant really remember 

• ElorElor Posts: 716

Pfff, I have 15 drafts saved, some I don't even remember writing, but the system didn't saved the message I was writing to answer this thread crying, and I didn't have the time to start anew until today.

Llola Lane said:

Got mine done...

Best thing I'd love to do in Tokyo... is EAT FOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!  Love Japanese food almost as much as Chinese.. Of course I've read there are lots of little nooks and cranny's down the side streets where one can get some unusual delicacies.  ;)

[...]

She seems a bit tipsy already, hopefully she is in an area with good public transportation. Maybe she shouldn't get another drink, that monk seems very generous when he fill a glass laugh

AgitatedRiot said:

"Tokyo Gardens" 

[...]

That panda seems pretty happy to be there, enjoying a nice day smiley

Is it Roly the Panda ?

nattaruk said:

Title: Wadaiko

Inspired by Kurona of the Wagakki Band.

[...]

(3Delight & Gimp)

A Last Minute Rush™ Production.

I like the lighting here.

Stezza said:

down in Africa smiley

[...]

I see your message in the other topic, the one about music, now I have that song by Toto in my head laugh

AgitatedRiot said:

"Africa"

[...]

The one in the middle doesn't seem to trust the one on the right, time to sow dissent to save our own skin ?

DreamWeever said:

[...]

'It's the circle of life' smiley

Elor said:

AgitatedRiot said:

"Africa"

[...]

The one in the middle doesn't seem to trust the one on the right, time to sow dissent to save our own skin ?smiley

There is a pecking order to the pride of Big Cats.  Maybe, like, whoa, slow down there.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

Glad to see this thread still going... I was away for a few days but now I am back... Working on my artwork... We still have time.. The month is only about half over... Anyone else make the trip to Africa???? 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,622

Yeah, I've made it over but chickened out of doing a market scene again so started working on something else. Been a busy week tho so not got very far yet :(

SofaCitizen said:

Yeah, I've made it over but chickened out of doing a market scene again so started working on something else. Been a busy week tho so not got very far yet :(

It's ok. SofaCitizen... at least you are here :) 

edited October 2023

Getting down towards the end of the month and I'm not sure if I've lost everyone :(.... With 6 more days til November I am early with my artwork... lol.

There was a TV special called "Meerkat Manor" that I used to watch every week.  It was like a soap opera for Meerkats.  I grew to love them as they forged the Kalahari Desert.  I said if I ever got a chance to go to Africa I'd want to visit their little home.  Since I can't make it to Africa... I figured I'd create some artwork with one of my favorite animals.   ENJOY

AFRICA 2minute render DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1054 x 1054 - 265K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited October 2023

Hello,

I didn't know enough about Nigeria, so I spend some time looking for informations, then ideas, ideally one I could render.

For a time, I thought about doing a dinner with the three of them, with Jada showing them photos of her trip to Lagos, Nigeria, but I didn't find enough free photos from here (I found a lot from Lagos, Portugal…) and it would have been a bit too much to take a trip to Lagos to take them myself blush (to say nothing of the fact that I don't have the budget to make a trip here laugh). I don't remember when I thought about doing a double render, one (the first) as the real-life photo, the other (the second) as a in-game photo.

The two scenes were made almost two weeks ago, but I waited to see if I could find something to show the entrance portal of the dungeon and then, well, life got in the way.

So, the short story behind both renders:

Victoria and Lacey are both avid players of Words of War, the famous MMORPG. Victoria is playing a tank (Warrior or Paladin, your choice, as long as it’s a tank with a shield) while Lacey is a sneaky Rogue. Among the people they met in-game, their favourite person is Jada, a Priest.

Jada lives in Lagos and always told them the place where they met for the first time in-game is clearly inspired by a famous beach near Lagos, so when they decided to take a vacation here, that beach became a natural meeting place for the three friends.

Hopefully, all used items are listed on the gallery.

Post edited by Elor on

Glad the girls made it to Africa Elor.... Not heard of Word of War... I used to play World of Warcraft so I am familiar with the Character Classes.  Well done.  Thanks for joining me on my trip around the world!

I hesitated, but I should have added a 'wink wink' after 'Words of War, the famous MMORPG': that name is just a play on World of Warcraft, to keep the acronyme WoW without using a trademarked name blush

Elor said:

I hesitated, but I should have added a 'wink wink' after 'Words of War, the famous MMORPG': that name is just a play on World of Warcraft, to keep the acronyme WoW without using a trademarked name blush

haaaaaaaaa... I wondered... very clever (wink wink)  :)  lol

Only 3 more days left to the month for our Africa visit... then we move on to another facinating place for November... ALL are welcome to join our trip!

Another last-minute (and also very green) submission...

Postcards to Dad #10 : Nigeria

Hi Dad, sorry for sending this so late but I have barely had time to sit and rest as our trip to Nigeria didn't quite go as expected.

We'd originally planned to spend a relaxing week in Lagos visiting Jessie's penpal, Anozie.  However, our travels thus-far have taken a little more out of our funds than we realised and so when Anozie offered us some work at the conservation centre he runs it sounded like a great idea.  Unfortunately, what he failed to mention is how the various areas of the centre are connected by these bridges and our work would require crossing them several times a day.  As you can see from this highly-embarrasing photo, I did not enjoy crossing those.  That one wasn't even the highest one, but it was a windy day and every step made the whole bridge sway from side to side - although, I may have had one too many Palm Wines the night before which probably didn't help.

Obviously, I would rather have used a different photo to send to you.  However, Leyla packed the rest in the suitcases ready for our flight tomorrow and now says she can't find them - I don't believe her but I'm too tired to argue.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few months!

Love Penny xox

Gallery link for used assets - I did try to find some hyacinths, hibiscus or red peper plants to break up the green but either I don't have any in my library or my search skills are too out of practice.

edited October 2023

SofaCitizen said:

Another last-minute (and also very green) submission...

Postcards to Dad #10 : Nigeria

Hi Dad, sorry for sending this so late but I have barely had time to sit and rest as our trip to Nigeria didn't quite go as expected.

We'd originally planned to spend a relaxing week in Lagos visiting Jessie's penpal, Anozie.  However, our travels thus-far have taken a little more out of our funds than we realised and so when Anozie offered us some work at the conservation centre he runs it sounded like a great idea.  Unfortunately, what he failed to mention is how the various areas of the centre are connected by these bridges and our work would require crossing them several times a day.  As you can see from this highly-embarrasing photo, I did not enjoy crossing those.  That one wasn't even the highest one, but it was a windy day and every step made the whole bridge sway from side to side - although, I may have had one too many Palm Wines the night before which probably didn't help.

Obviously, I would rather have used a different photo to send to you.  However, Leyla packed the rest in the suitcases ready for our flight tomorrow and now says she can't find them - I don't believe her but I'm too tired to argue.

Looking forward to seeing you in a few months!

Love Penny xox

Gallery link for used assets - I did try to find some hyacinths, hibiscus or red peper plants to break up the green but either I don't have any in my library or my search skills are too out of practice.

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.. nope... No bridges for me... I'm feelin' woosie already!  She did better than I could.  

Well done SofaCitizen... Perfect just the way it is... and... we still have 1 day (31 days in October) so you are not that far last minute ;) 

Thank you for making me smile.. I'm gonna hate when the year ends and the girls have to go home... hum... I may just HAVE to do a trip 2 next year ;)  We shall see....

edited October 2023

Such bridges are the main reason I would never accept a role in an Indiana Jones-like movie (that and the fact that I'm can't play blushlaugh).

Poor Penny crying and nice idea and render yes

Post edited by Elor on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

A Last Minute Rush™ Production

The Vivid Geography Lesson

Good teachers can bring a subject to life!

(3Delight & Gimp)

nattaruk said:

A Last Minute Rush™ Production

The Vivid Geography Lesson

Good teachers can bring a subject to life!

(3Delight & Gimp)

GASP!!!!!!!  erm.. Here kitty kitty???  lol

Well worth the wait nattaruk... Well done... and with hours to spare ;)  Thanks for helping to keep this thread alive!

Llola Lane said:

NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.. nope... No bridges for me... I'm feelin' woosie already!  She did better than I could.  

Well done SofaCitizen... Perfect just the way it is... and... we still have 1 day (31 days in October) so you are not that far last minute ;) 

Thank you for making me smile.. I'm gonna hate when the year ends and the girls have to go home... hum... I may just HAVE to do a trip 2 next year ;)  We shall see....

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)  At the end of the year though they will have to come home and then get real jobs like the rest of us - travelling around the world is quite expensive after-all. Plus trying to climb inside the mind of a young girl to write the accompanying text doesn't come so easily :P

Next year I'll do something else for whatever your new challenge will be - that's not to say the girls will be gone forever but it will be good to do something new :)

Elor said:

Such bridges are the main reason I would never accept a role in an Indiana Jones-like movie (that and the fact that I'm can't play blushlaugh).

Poor Penny crying and nice idea and render yes

Thank you :)

Yeah, I am not sure I would be so good on a bridge like that either. Definitely would prefer more sturdy support underfoot!

edited November 2023

Well my bags are packed and in the world... I... live in... (in my imagination)... EVERYONE gets along and is happy.  There is world peace... So I'm heading to Moscow, Russia for November.  Who will join me on my peaceful trip? 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,816
    edited November 2023

I wonder what's in a Russian picnic basket smiley

Bear.png
    800 x 600 - 870K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

I wonder what's in a Russian picnic basket smiley

Lots of grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat food I'm sure.  lol.  Well done Stezza... Thanks for starting us off!

edited November 2023

"The Drop"

At some undisclosed bus stop in Moscow.

The Drop.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

"The Drop"

At some undisclosed bus stop in Moscow.

ooo that is GREAT Agi... well done.... I'm still working on mine!  

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Amazing images so far this month!!
    I myself am not going to be able to render anything for a while until I get a new computer because I am on a laptop right now and it has a very low memory and I do not know how to make room for more stuff, so I have to wait until I get a new computer!!
    Also I do not have a good enough graphics card for the new Daz Studio program. :nyah:
    So I need to get a new computer that can handle the bigger graphics!
    But I will still be around to make comments and to encourage you all!! :yes:

Saphirewild said:

Amazing images so far this month!!
    I myself am not going to be able to render anything for a while until I get a new computer because I am on a laptop right now and it has a very low memory and I do not know how to make room for more stuff, so I have to wait until I get a new computer!!
    Also I do not have a good enough graphics card for the new Daz Studio program. :nyah:
    So I need to get a new computer that can handle the bigger graphics!
    But I will still be around to make comments and to encourage you all!! :yes:

Got'cha Saphirewild... Hope you get one soon... Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

edited November 2023

I have always had a facination to visit churches where ever we travel.  I love the architecture of Russian buildings so it is no surprise their churches would be lovely too.  I just so happened to have this https://www.daz3d.com/russian-church-and-compound in my runtime.  ENJOY!

RUSSIAN CHURCH 2minute render DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 160K

Llola Lane said:

I have always had a facination to visit churches where ever we travel.  I love the architecture of Russian buildings so it is no surprise their churches would be lovely too.  I just so happened to have this https://www.daz3d.com/russian-church-and-compound in my runtime.  ENJOY!

A lovelly serene image :) Very nice looking buildings and also an immaculate garden so those groundskeepers are certainly earning their keep!

SofaCitizen said:

Llola Lane said:

A lovelly serene image :) Very nice looking buildings and also an immaculate garden so those groundskeepers are certainly earning their keep!

I agree.. everything in it's place... ;)

OK, I had to think outside the box for this one since I couldn't really send the girls on vacation to Russia. So, instead I found a Russian cocktail bar called "Moscow" which hopefully means I can just about squeeze it in here even if it's technically only complying with the theme as written rather than as intended. I even threw in White Russian and Moscow Mule cocktails!

Next year, I'll pick something that allows me to be a little more flexible :)

Postcards to Dad #11 : Moscow, Russia(n Cocktail Bar)

Hi Dad,

You remember back when we were planning this trip we always intended to go to Moscow? Well, even tho we replaced Russia with Lithuania on our itinerary we still technically made it to "Moscow" - it's just that it happens to be the name of a cocktail bar near our hotel rather than the actual city. So, not quite the same, but a much more sensible place to visit on our vacation right now.

The others were much more at home in such a place than me but I still had a great time - although I am sure the delicious cocktails had something to do with that!

Love Penny xx

Gallery link for used assets - although I didn't list some since they are barely recognisable.