DAZ Tokens

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

Uthgard said:

I mean, the issue I can see is that all future offers will be made keeping in mind that somebody will use tokens to improve said offer, so, for those of us without tokens, the offered discounts will likely be quite worse than they would have been without this new addition to the cart jenga ruleset.

But I've been trying to quit my compulsive spending for a while, so this is just an observation rather than a complaint.

Tokens are easy to get, just buy a gift card and pay for the items you want to buy with store credit.

If one buys a gift card for $80, one gets 8 tokens. If one then collects $67 worth of items, uses the 8 tokens to get it down to $40.20, one gets 4 tokens back.
    Collecting products worth $134 would come down to $80.40 after using the 8 tokens, but one would get 8 tokens back from making the purchase.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

Rod Wise Driggo said:

No bad idea in general. But the later in the week the less attractive. Wonder if it is not feasible to have an token life span of 7 days from the day of purchase.

The problem with that idea is that people would forget when a particular token will reset, unless we had a complicated timing map in our user area showing when each will go. At least the Sunday reset is easy to understand, but you would have the dilemma that if you make a purchase just before the deadline to avoid losing them then any tokens earned through that final order would vanish very quickly.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,029
    edited March 2023

Since all here are savvy, this doesn't have to be mentioned, I guess, but while, for example, 4 tokens amounts to 20%, it dissipates to 10% when applied to an order that already has a 50% discount applied to all items, which doesn't make tokens that breathtaking (since it is 20% off the original 100%, not 20% off the remaining 50%).

In short, this token thing only whittles away at the margins, unless you have, for example, 20 tokens (purchased in the last few days) and are making a huge purchase (before the token expire). In otherwords, it's great for big spenders, for the rest it will have only a very minor impact, particularly because tokens don't accumulate for ever; they expire quickly.

Post edited by mcorr on

mcorr said:

Since all here are savvy, this doesn't have to be mentioned, I guess, but while, for example, 4 tokens amounts to 20%, it dissipates to 10% when applied to an order that already has a 50% discount applied to all items, which doesn't make tokens that breathtaking (since it is 20% off the original 100%, not 20% off the remaining 50%).

If you buy something which has base price of $100, with a 50% discount it is sold for $50 - When you use 8 tokens to get 40% off, the 40% is taken off the $50, not the base price, otherwise DAZ should start paying for example DAZ+ members money for making purchases as they would get 50%+40%+30% =120% discount

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,708

Unless you make a Sunday purchase for less than $10 using all your tokens, then you're going to leave tokens on the table.

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

Not a bad thing, but the bank crisis has already hit some currencies...

So it cost me way more to buy $ than a week before.

If I don't go all out and do a big spending spree this isn't worth it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Basically, it's Rendo's Render Rewards but with a slight faster turnaround and pertage off instead of actual $$$.  Needless to say, the system has worked for me so far since I buy a lot of product anyway, though it helps to be a bit stategic in how you use them as the tokens don't work on all items in your cart, most notably the items in the daily grab bags (though the add-on grab bags that aren't promoted in the main daily ad HAVE  worked fairly often.)  If it was logical and consistant, it wouldn't be DAZ.  Also, depending on what you have in your cart, I'm finding that it can make sense to hold a few tokens back for the next day if the diffence in the current discount is going to be fairly minor.       

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,510

Based on what I've read here, it sounds like another discount that you only get if you buy a lot of stuff you don't want. So it would have cost less to just buy what you want without the discount.

• Is there a page where you can review how many tokens you personally have left and when they expire?

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,113

zombiewhacker said:

Is there a page where you can review how many tokens you personally have left and when they expire?

Yeah, the main March Madness page has it. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,708

NylonGirl said:

Based on what I've read here, it sounds like another discount that you only get if you buy a lot of stuff you don't want. So it would have cost less to just buy what you want without the discount.

Not at all. If there's nothing new that I need, then I don't buy anything. If so, then I also buy my wishlist when an item from it is on sale, and I add the tokens to take off even more (if items are not their lowest price ever with tokens added, then I throw them out of the cart). The gift card sale really helped my token total.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

NylonGirl said:

It's more like a loyalty reward, I think. It doesn't make such a dramatic difference that anyone's going to buy extra just to get it, but if you're already buying a lot of stuff regularly, it's a nice incentive to feel good about that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867

no point for me in Australia with our diminishing dollar cheeky

another international bank collapsing accelerating the decline 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

no point for me in Australia with our diminishing dollar cheeky

another international bank collapsing accelerating the decline 

Should we stock up with squirrel pelts, or maybe nuka cola caps? 

• There seems to be an issue with applying a token to the cart then removing and going ahead with the purchase. I just lost a token that way. I submitted a ticket, but has anyone else experienced this? I guess all new systems will have bugs.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

wolandepiphanius said:

There seems to be an issue with applying a token to the cart then removing and going ahead with the purchase. I just lost a token that way. I submitted a ticket, but has anyone else experienced this? I guess all new systems will have bugs.

On the box where you apply the tokens, if you apply it by mistake or just don't want to use it, there is a plus and minus sign in the box. Click the minus sign until it goes to zero and you won't use any, even if you applied them ;) 

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968

Hmmm ... using money on a gift card at 10%,15%, or even 19% ... versus buying tokens for up to an extra 40% off items already 60%,70%, or 80% off ... knowing tokens from a gift card today expire tomorrow .... but not knowing what will be on sale tomorrow ... THIS IS GETTING COMPLICATED ...

Everything said and done, I think in my case I might take my chances on buying tokens next week rather than a gift card now ... but whether it pays off or not really depends on what is on sale and for how much when I eventually make a purchase.

I suspect that the bigger the purchase, the better the token path might be.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,067

I just bought a gift card - and got tokens for it. Now I need to figure out what to use them on tonight or tomorrow.

• The thing with tokens expiring at a set time is that it's putting me off pulling the trigger on purchases today. I have 2 tokens already, and I'll earn 4, but I'll have to use them within 17 hours... so do I take something out my cart and use those to buy it afterwards? Or do I just skip today entirely, put everything on my wishlist and wait until tomorrow?

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

This gift card does give tokens, too. Impossible to use them up today, but they all expire at midnight.

So with the gift card tokens, it's sure as hell you will not be able to use them up if you already have 8 tokens, they must be considered a loss.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,074

I have the same problem with the expiration date of the tokens, and in the end, it's going to be the factor that will make me not use them: yesterday, I went to use all my 8 tokens I got throughout the week, because they were expiring. I still got 2 left from yesterday purchase to use today, and I'm  not finding anything I want badly enough to add just a 10% (or less because of other discounts) token discount to it.

If I had, let's say, a month to use them or they didn't expire, I'd probably keep buying (which also means adding that extra item to the cart to get one more token) and collecting them, occassionally using them to discount something I really want. But with the weekly expiry date, somewhat unappealing new releases (to me, personally, nothing wrong with them for people who use G9 etc.), and not knowing whether there will be anything around the end of the week to use them on... I'll likely not bother with the tokens.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited March 2023

An excellent idea but I wish the validity of the tokens is longer... Thank you thoush, Daz.

Post edited by Unseen on
  • If a buy stuff today to use the 2 tokens I have in time what happens to the tokens I get for that purchase? Are those valid longer or only until the end of the day?

Or is that on purpose: Buy I lot of stuff during the week to get tokens, buy a lot of stuff at the end of the week to use that tokens. But restart from scratch on Monday?

• I still have 6 tokens leftover in my inventory. If they've expired, why are they still there?

zombiewhacker said:

I still have 6 tokens leftover in my inventory. If they've expired, why are they still there?

Because it's still Sunday in DazLand for 11 hours 47 minutes

cherpenbeck said:

This gift card does give tokens, too. Impossible to use them up today, but they all expire at midnight.

So with the gift card tokens, it's sure as hell you will not be able to use them up if you already have 8 tokens, they must be considered a loss.

Yeah, waiting until past my midnight in two and a half hours to see if they come up with additional offers before pulling the trigger on my second cart today, which will still leave 21 tokens to vanish into thin air at Daz midnight.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,905

It was a nice little bonus today. I didn't go out of my way to buy things to get tokens this week, but I had 2 today that I accumulated, discovered I needed two items for a project I'm doing that luckily were in one of the promotions, was able to use one of my Daz+ coupons, and the two tokens so it worked out. I think if you go out of your way to buy up tokens, it's going to be an expensive promotion, but if you get stuff anyways and find you have something to use on Sunday you would have bought either way, it's a nice little bonus. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

I am leaving 37 tokens in the dust. I started the morning building a cart on top of the one I left from yesterday and it rose over $200.00 US and then I pared it down so I had store credit left. I was going after my wishlist items, but found things from January 2023 that I had either missed or never gave it a look and now found I could use. Kept myself to what I am now interested in, what I know I will use, and what has the potential to be used across generations. 

Others I looked at their sales history and decided I might have better chances later this year when there are some weird deep sales.

But DAZ, this was the easiest method you have found to get my cash. Good job!

benniewoodell said:

I think if you go out of your way to buy up tokens, it's going to be an expensive promotion,

Collecting tokens is not expensive or hard if one buys gift cards to get them, the extra 40% discount has made all the difference this past week. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,342

PerttiA said:

benniewoodell said:

I think if you go out of your way to buy up tokens, it's going to be an expensive promotion,

Collecting tokens is not expensive or hard if one buys gift cards to get them, the extra 40% discount has made all the difference this past week. 

The unfortunate part of that is the gift card sales were at the end of the week; so, there wasn't time to use the tokens from them.