DAZ Tokens

123457»

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344

jjoyner said:

Do tokens not stack with other discounts?  I can only get them to apply on items that are full price.  Currently in my cart are two Flash items at $2.99 each and one full price item at $19.99.  The 20% discount for my four tokens is only applied to the full priced item.  See the screen capture below.  Is this how tokens are supposed to work or am I missing something?  I could find no info about tokens not stacking.

It applies to most items even if they are discounted. However the $2.99 item sale states that it doesn't stack with other offers. So they coupons don't discount them. 

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 482
    edited April 2023

Charlie Judge said:

It applies to most items even if they are discounted. However the $2.99 item sale states that it doesn't stack with other offers. So they coupons don't discount them.

- Ah ... the art of the close read.  I knew that I had seen somewhere about a discount not stacking.  I was just looking in the wrong place.

Thanks much.

Post edited by jjoyner on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Now that the Token promotion is over, I can update my previous statement on whether tokens made any difference in my spending habits. 

As it turns ouit, the answer was definitely yes.  How can I say this for sure?

Because I looked over today's sale and, for the first time in several weeks, I couldn't find anything except the one quarter freebie that attracted my attention enough to consider putting it in my cart.  Not at those measly discounts, thank you... let me know when they're at 70% off again. 

• jd641jd641 Posts: 427

Cybersox said:

Now that the Token promotion is over, I can update my previous statement on whether tokens made any difference in my spending habits. 

As it turns ouit, the answer was definitely yes.  How can I say this for sure?

Because I looked over today's sale and, for the first time in several weeks, I couldn't find anything except the one quarter freebie that attracted my attention enough to consider putting it in my cart.  Not at those measly discounts, thank you... let me know when they're at 70% off again. 

It didn't change for me at all, the one week expiration date was way too short and forcing me to spend the tokens or lose them I'd rather just lose it and save 100% by not buying something now just to save a few pennies and get something I really want later on. If the tokens had lasted a few weeks or a month before expiring I might have been tempted to buy but the way it was set up I didn't care for at all.

• Say what you will about Daz, they are frequently good for a chuckle.  I made my first purchase in about a week today (the buy something for at least a buck, get a freebie--an orange banner thing) and, even though the tokens promotion has been over for a few days, I still got the "tokens earned" panel.  I earned zero tokens with my purchase.  I have 705 days to buy something else before expiration of my absence-of-token non-discount.

• HighlandHighland Posts: 124

Long tokens

long-tokens.jpeg
    859 x 426 - 144K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

Apparently I don't deserve better... Tokens expire in 1 day and 8 hours

Token.JPG
    685 x 329 - 42K
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,113

The main store page has a banner that says tokens are back by popular demand (last one in rotation).

• butterflyfish said:

The main store page has a banner that says tokens are back by popular demand (last one in rotation).

Shows how observant I am.  Eighth promo in the rotation.  I've generally moved on from that page by the time #8 rolls around.  Anyhow, maybe the tokens thing is working for them, with either a boost to profitable sales or an increase in getting people to acquire a critical mass of Genesis 9 stuff, which would be a larger issue than a temporary promotion. 

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    And DAZ gave me back the few unused tokens (for a limited time of course) This is so NOT DAZ, but hey DAZ thank you.
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

Nice (and tempting) that the tokens are back! But how long are they valid? The promo text under * reads: "Daz Tokens expire every Sunday at 23:59 MDT (UTC-6)". But under point 3 it says: "They expire after 4 days, so use them before they're gone! Four days or one week validity? Or is 'four days from today (Thursday)' meant - then it would be in accordance with the 'old' rules.

• caravelle said:

Nice (and tempting) that the tokens are back! But how long are they valid? The promo text under * reads: "Daz Tokens expire every Sunday at 23:59 MDT (UTC-6)". But under point 3 it says: "They expire after 4 days, so use them before they're gone! Four days or one week validity? Or is 'four days from today (Thursday)' meant - then it would be in accordance with the 'old' rules.

If you have tokens and hover over the i icon in their block on your cart page you will get a pop-up showing how many tokens expire when. It seems to be four Daz days after the day the tokens were earned.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

Richard Haseltine said:

If you have tokens and hover over the i icon in their block on your cart page you will get a pop-up showing how many tokens expire when. It seems to be four Daz days after the day the tokens were earned.

Thank you, Richard.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,074

[a little rant]

I like that "tokens are back by popular demand", but as far as I remember, "popular demand" also asked for a longer expiry date. Instead, it's shorter (only 4 days compared to 6-7 if you got tokens at the beginning of the week) which pretty much made me not care about tokens anymore.

I'm sure it's a great bonus for big/regular spenders (and I'm glad they're getting something for the amounts of money they spend!). I'm just pointing out that the short expiry date is a detriment to people who are not huge spenders but could possibly spend a little more. The other day, I could have easily throw in extra items (the "I don't really need, but they're nice and the price is attractive too" kind) into my cart to get one more token, but in the end, I didn't, and I even deleted a few extra from it, because the tokens weren't an incentive to spend little extra: they're way too short lived.

I like the token concept. I just don't think it works with such short expiry date. But maybe that's just me and the pressure of short expiry dates just doesn't motivate me to spend more. Especially that "there's always another sale"... :)

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 826

[Another little rant]

Can someone explain to me why Tokens are so great? Personally I can't stand them.

- It's another factor in puzzling a cart together for the best deal, which already took up too much time as it was.

- Applying tokens can go wrong easily as you can apply tokens to a zero dollar purchase.

- It messes up Daz-Deals best price indicator, perhaps Daz-Deals should subtract a standard 40% of the best price since the introduction of the tokens, I know I will.

- It only benefits those that make at least a $10, $20, $30, etc. purchase regularly, folks that spend smaller amounts do not see that benefit.

- And last but not least: I'm not convinced we are getting a better deal in the end. Do you really think we are spending less because of the tokens on a product? I'd like to be convinced so I can be happy to about the return of the tokens too.

edited May 2023

BlueFingers said:

- And last but not least: I'm not convinced we are getting a better deal in the end. Do you really think we are spending less because of the tokens on a product? I'd like to be convinced so I can be happy to about the return of the tokens too.

I don't think, I know.

Yesterday, my second cart was 93% off, 47 products for $90.31, ie. $1.92 per product, all released within the last 6 years and included 2 DO starter bundles and 2 other bundles.
    Without the tokens, those items would have cost $150 even with yesterdays good discounts.

Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

BlueFingers said:

I don't think, I know.

Yesterday, my second cart was 93% off, 47 products for $90.31, ie. $1.92 per product, all released within the last 6 years and included 2 DO starter bundles and 2 other bundles.
    Without the tokens, those items would have cost $150 even with yesterdays good discouts.

So how much did you have to buy to get the Tokens to get you those tokens? Would it still be a great deal if you add those costs?

And 47 items in one purchase??!!...it just boggles my mind you found 47 products you wanted during one sale event that are a great deal, congratulations though. I guess I have different buying habbits, and tokens are not aimed at folks like me.

edited May 2023

BlueFingers said:

So how much did you have to buy to get the Tokens to get you those tokens? Would it still be a great deal if you add those costs?

One token is earned for each $10 of purchase price (exept today one gets 2 for $10), and the tokens I used were earned with the first cart yesterday at 91% off for $81.65, 37 items, including a DO Pro bundle.

Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

BlueFingers said:

I don't think, I know.

Without the tokens, those items would have cost $150 even with yesterdays good discouts.

And 47 items in one purchase??!!...it just boggles my mind you found 47 products you wanted during one sale event that are a great deal, congratulations though. I guess I have different buying habbits, and tokens are not aimed at folks like me.

BlueFingers said:

I don't buy stuff to get tokens, I buy stuff that I like at a price I'm willing to pay for them, usually it means at least 80% off and max $3 per item, the tokens are just an added bonus that helps getting there and then some.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076

BlueFingers said:

Any promotion needs to be win-win - if it isn't good for customers (more stuff for their money) they won't use it, if it isn't good for Daz (more money) they won't run it again. This is not a zero sum game, it is - fortunately - possible for all parties to benefit.

Richard Haseltine said:

BlueFingers said:

Any promotion needs to be win-win - if it isn't good for customers (more stuff for their money) they won't use it, if it isn't good for Daz (more money) they won't run it again. This is not a zero sum game, it is - fortunately - possible for all parties to benefit.

I'm okay with Daz making a good profit, I really have no issue with that at all. I think Daz provides good assetts at a very fair price, that is  not the issue for me. But what I don't like is making things more time consuming and complicated than they need to be.

And you are kind of making my point, I have a hard time believing Daz would give up profit in order to supply us with the Token system. Not that I think Daz should give up profit (as I said I think Daz prices are very fair), but I wish they would make things simpler instead of making things more complicated.

I hope Daz does well, but I also hope we get a simpler customer experience that is less time consuming with a minimum amount of cart Jenga.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,043
    For better or worse, tokens have dramatically changed shopping here.

In the past, I'd purchase the most interesting (to me) PA items, often at 50-65% off, and relegated many, many "nice-to-haves" to a presumed long stay on the wishlist.

But now with tokens, 70-85% off PA items has become quite common - and I've spent a small fortune acquiring products that I didn't expect to purchase so soon. It's hard to pass up a $100 PA bundle for $15, or a $50 PA bundle for $9 (to use two recent examples).

Honestly, it's a bit crazy - I'm not spending myself into poverty or anything of the sort, but it does add up to quite a sum, and I've picked up so many new items recently that it'll take months (if not years, realistically) to scratch the surface of all this new content.

Note that I'm not saying "tokens are bad" - just that tokens have most definitely worked to motivate a LOT more purchases than I'd expected to make this year. I'm thinking of putting some hard limits on what I spend here because it's simply too easy to chain great deals with tokens. But it is nice to have so many of the coolest toys from my wishlist in the library now.

TL;DR - Tokens busted my already-precarious shopping equilibrium. Time to recalibrate, I think.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

I know it is time to adjust my shopping here. Yesterday I checked what my DAZ purchases since my last payoff of my Visa bill was and it covers the time of the Token offers. A few dollars short of $1000.00. Nearly three times what I want to spend here. And then there is the issue that my retirement incomes may not be paid out starting on 1 June. So I have been wishlisting and clearing carts. Even for DAZ+ now.

And I have no idea what is going on, but today I noticed some prepared food items are going back up, after going down in the past few months.

So yeah, tokens totally sucked me in.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    Have tokens altered my spending? Possibly. My spending in April and May is down to under $20 in each month, and so far I've had one token, which seems to have evaporated. Definitely a distinct improvement. Regards, Richard.
  • oddboboddbob Posts: 348

I've pretty much ignored tokens and usually let the few that I get lapse.

I did go in pretty hard on the buy an item of the day get a cheap bundle deal when it lined up with double tokens. The discounts stacked impressively.

I'm much more likely to go for - here's a bunch of stuff for 3.99 with no buy in.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311
    edited May 2023

I am LOVING the tokens! I just buy stuff like I normally would and BAM! (Additional) discounts of up to 30 and 40 percent - what's not to like?! It is working for me!

Your mileage may vary. Actual discounts are simluated and may or may not be available to all customers. Please shop more in order to pay less.

Post edited by Gogger on
  • Gogger said:

I am LOVING the tokens! I just buy stuff like I normally would and BAM! (Additional) discounts of up to 30 and 40 percent - what's not to like?! It is working for me!

Your mileage may vary. Actual discounts are simluated and may or may not be available to all customers. Please shop more in order to pay less.

Same for me. I'm going to buy some stuff anyway. If that buys me to discounts elsewhere, then great.

I have a price point in mind for everything in the Daz store that is of some interest to me, and if sales + discounts (including tokens) helps something hit that price point, then maybe I'll consider buying it. If it doesn't, I wait for another day, just I have done all this time. ("There's always another sale.") Yes, I've bought a lot of stuff during the token promotion because an extra 40% off pushes a lot of things from "meh" to "maybe". If they end the token promotion tomorrow/next week/next month, I'm grateful for all the good buys. If not, I've bought almost everything in the store for which I have legitimate use/interest faster than I would have without it, but the end result is the same.