DAZ Tokens

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I'm not fond of Tokens. But they are definitely working and encouraging me to buy on a number of occasions I wouldn't have, otherwise.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,113

Yes. I have bought very little this month, and I don't think I even used any of the tokens I did get.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906

No because I think of the tokens like rewards points or miles with a credit card. I don't spend money just to get points or miles, but if I buy something and get those, then it's a nice little bonus. So I haven't gone out of my way to buy anything for tokens. If I find I have some during the week and something is released I like or there's a sale, I use them, otherwise I forget about it. It's a nice program that Daz is doing as long as you treat it as a little extra and don't think you have to chase them. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,452

no. my spend is down in general. I've had a few tokens but ended up not using them anyway. I'm not buying something just so i dont lose the tokens. 

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 782

The tokens expire far too quickly for me to be worth anything and my spend is a little down I am buing older items and I am not interested in G9 skimpys

• Tokens have absolutely no effect on my decision to purchase or not. Good if they are here for extra discount, but otherwise they expire too fast for me to matter.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,740

I have not bothered with tokens.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,740
    edited April 2023

I just don't see any sense in tokens. They should be a way of rewarding us for spending money. There shouldn't be any confusing conditons or expiration dates, etc. Frankly I've been disenchanted with DAZ's "discounts, conditions, etc." for years. I want to feel happy making a purchase, getting a discount, or something extra. I don't want to strain my brain trying to figure it out.

Post edited by Ron Knights on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

Until Monday that was true of me. But I bought several cheaper items on discount from my wishlist in order to get to $40 and 8 tokens (double token day) so that I could buy the more expensive items from my wishlist at the extra 40% off. So, it worked for me.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited April 2023

EDIT This post was originally made in response to a now merged thread heading, which basically queried "Have Tokens Affected your spending habits at DAZ?" 

This is hard to say, and a lot of that is due to 1.) how other promotions are affecting me at the same time, as well as 2.) how the tokens relate to other marketing decisions that DAZ has made over the last few years.. 

As to the first, I'm at a point where most of DAZ's "Buy this Get this" offers are having increasingly little appeal, especially since as of late the marketing people have become lazy and have just been running the general group of items over and over for weeks on end, and I've long since cleaned out what I want of those.  A "Get a free Pro bundle" offer sounds great if you're a newbie to the store, for example, but it's completely valuless when you already own all of the items in those bundles.  However, with tokens I AM finding that some items that I've previously passed up on have now been dropped into a far more attractive price zone, so I've probably bought more of those... however, as I'd have just as likely to buy those items had the price just simply been lower to begin with.  In other words, it's not really the Tokens that are driving the sale, but that DAZ's regular prices have been creeping so high as to discourage sales. 

As to the latter, the one thing I can say for sure is that the tokens have also had the effect of dropping a lot of NEW RELEASE items into the price/discount ranges that I find tempting, which is a major factor coming at a time when I've intentionally been buying fewer and fewer products at the time of release due to both the base prices escalating up and the products themselves having less in them for the dollar.  Of course that, again, is not the kind of sale that I would say can really be credited to the Tokens so much as it is to the fact that the tokens happen to negate a negative sale impulse caused by the increasingly lowered value for the dollar that DAZ has engineered into the system.    

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • I've certainly allowed the extra token discount to sway me into a couple of big back-catalgue buys, and eprhaps allowed them to tip me into buying rather than Wishlisting a couple of items. But I am not going to buy soemthing just to get tokens, nor will I refuse to buy bcause I don't have 8 Tokens to get the maximum possible discount.

• Threads merged.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019

I wish that we could have permanent tokens that would never expire until we use them. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

I suspect where the marketing has worked for DAZ is that people will have a tendency to add an extra item or two to get the full price to just over a multiple of ten. I know I have done this. This is particulaly true during double token days.

I agree that the early expiration is a pain, particularly when buying on Sundays, which is often a catch up day when a lot of the store is discounted.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

Havos said:

I suspect where the marketing has worked for DAZ is that people will have a tendency to add an extra item or two to get the full price to just over a multiple of ten. I know I have done this. This is particulaly true during double token days.

No, on the contrary. If the cart is a few dollars over a multiples of ten, I remove stuff to get it as close to even tens 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

PerttiA said:

Havos said:

No, on the contrary. If the cart is a few dollars over a multiples of ten, I remove stuff to get it as close to even tens 

That is true, I have probably done that too.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,790

Tokens -> Nokens

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344

Hylas said:

Tokens -> Nokens

The blurb is gone but put a paid item in your cart and you will see that tokens are alive and well. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,790

Charlie Judge said:

Hylas said:

Tokens -> Nokens

The blurb is gone but put a paid item in your cart and you will see that tokens are alive and well. 

Oh... don't mind me, then laugh

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

I thought they were gone as well, but they're stil there and again unadvertised double tokens.

ioonrxoon said:

I thought they were gone as well, but they're stil there and again unadvertised double tokens.

If I remember correctly, the previous two weeks, they announced the double tokens in the afternoon DazTime, which was 9PM to midnight on this side of the pond.

• Well those tokens made me buy a lot of stuff actually. But I did only build up those tokens the one or other week. Always frustrating once you do a rather big purchase on Sunday night to have all your new tokens quickly expire.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344

It  looks like it may be the last week for tokens.

tokens.jpg
    943 x 468 - 80K
  • ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

I don't think I'll be able to take advantage of them this week; there isn't a single item I'm interested in today even with the extra banners. And without the double tokens it's an easy pass.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968

Oooof ... I scrounged up some extra money to try and use the tokens ... now the option will be taken away.

It is double token day, but the sales in the store are minimal to non-existent (at least for my wishlist)

And there is no way to know that even if I buy something today (chasing tokens), that what I really want will come up later this week.

I am willing to do one more splurge with tokens ... but the stuff I want needs to be on sale or it is a hard pass.

• I've whittled my wishlist to practically nothing, thanks to previous token weeks. It would have to be truly spectacular to get me back to the table this week.

edited April 2023

3141592654 said:

And there is no way to know that even if I buy something today (chasing tokens), that what I really want will come up later this week.

Once you get the 8 tokens, you can sit on them until sunday ends. They do make a huge difference, especially if todays sales are an indication of the rest of the week.

Got mine with the fast grab items, the environments and a couple of other items. The "SAVING-50" then got me 5 bundles at 89% off with the tokens.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968

Complexity is increasing with numerous (limited) sales ... dominoe effect may come into play here .... buying discounted gives token for next buying discounted gives tokens for next  buying discounted .... ... ... looks like it might work well for bundles .... but my actual wishlist would be more fun.

• Many businesses find that this sort of discounting--bigger discounts for the biggest spenders--ends up offering unnecessary discounts to the freest-spending, least price-sensitive (and most profitable) customers, while not being enough of a motivator to get the rest of us to change our buying habits.  I'm usually just letting my tokens lapse at the end of the week when I see what's available on Saturday and Sunday.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 482

Do tokens not stack with other discounts?  I can only get them to apply on items that are full price.  Currently in my cart are two Flash items at $2.99 each and one full price item at $19.99.  The 20% discount for my four tokens is only applied to the full priced item.  See the screen capture below.  Is this how tokens are supposed to work or am I missing something?  I could find no info about tokens not stacking.

Tokens.jpg
    1211 x 673 - 157K