DAZ Tokens

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

benniewoodell said:

I think if you go out of your way to buy up tokens, it's going to be an expensive promotion,

Collecting tokens is not expensive or hard if one buys gift cards to get them, the extra 40% discount has made all the difference this past week. 

The unfortunate part of that is the gift card sales were at the end of the week; so, there wasn't time to use the tokens from them. 

I doubt that was unplanned. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Collecting tokens is not expensive or hard if one buys gift cards to get them, the extra 40% discount has made all the difference this past week. 

The unfortunate part of that is the gift card sales were at the end of the week; so, there wasn't time to use the tokens from them. 

You don't need a gift card sale to buy gift cards, the extra 40% discount is worth it. 

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

They really should let tokens you buy on Sunday expire the next sunday. Bought a gift card and got a bunch of tokens and they expire today. Ah well.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,043
    edited March 2023
    To a large degree, the tokens seem to be a "choose your own Fast Grab sale" at the moment, with most PA items from my wishlist coming to a 70% discount. Some of the older items are a bit cheaper, topping out at 79% off. Good but not mind-blowing, since clearance often hits 80-95% off, and knowing that today's purchase might be tomorrow's Grab Bag warps perception of sales. But then with rising Grab Bag prices and buy-in requirements, a straight 70-79% discount is probably a bit less of a risk than it would have been last year, so... *shrugs*

I ended up buying a gift card, clearing out some Daz Originals from my wishlist at $2 to $3 each, and snagging two older PA items that had the higher discount mentioned above (Carnomoloch and Space Battle Fleet Bundle). Rest of the tokens will likely dissolve into the ether tonight.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906

PerttiA said:

benniewoodell said:

I think if you go out of your way to buy up tokens, it's going to be an expensive promotion,

That I totally agree with. I'm talking more about like I had things in my cart over the week that I ended up dumping, but you see that little line saying only this much more to another token. I can see impulse buying happening there to be like oohhhh, I'm so close, I should buy something else to get that extra percent off. But yeah, if you're going to go the gift card route, totally different situation. 

• Threads merged.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited March 2023

Strange, today I have negative tokens: -8...

Negative.PNG
    1035 x 576 - 52K
    Post edited by Unseen on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Unseen said:

Make sure you check the issues thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8074521/#Comment_8074521 

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458

I'm such a fool... I had eleven tokens - "Oh, I'll use them tomorrow" I said to myself, completely forgetting that they reset at midnight... grrr - I'll be fine after a cup of tea, but what a day to get my days wrong, LOL.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Same here. I had 18 tokens expired, now I have 8 NEGATIVE tokens!

Does this store ever work as intended?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,790

Obviously the solution to the store malfunctioning is to layer more systems on top of it cheeky

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Bought some of the $ 4.99 ($ 3.99 with a new item in the cart) items yesterday and finally managed to get rid of my 6off18 DAZ+ coupon for the month, but couldn't be bothered to buy a gift card first to get another 4 or 8% off and the one token I got for my purchase vanished when sunday ended... *shrug*

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited March 2023

Cris Palomino said:

Unseen said:

Make sure you check the issues thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8074521/#Comment_8074521 

Thank you very much for the link!

Post edited by Unseen on
  • 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968
    edited March 2023

Just a suggestion for future token use ... I have had a lot of bundles where I own all but one or two pieces. The usual buy the bundle for only the things you don't own have been tempting, but never quite enough to get me to make the purchase. During these March Madness sales, along with the tokens, I bought those individual items at a really good price. Next time a bundle buy comes along, I will finally be able to clear my screens of many bundles because I own everything in them.

Post edited by 3141592654 on
  • I suppose it's my bad that I thought the tokens were available for x days after you got them. 
    But they die a specific day Sunday ... which if you think about it means why place any big orders when the tokens will be gone in a day or two? 
    So what does this mean for me and daz.
    I will never make a big buy on Friday. 
    With all that I have and all the shall we say "sex oriented outfits etc" I find very little too buy so it takes a new massive assortment for me to find stuff. 
    But I did buy a card ..whoops... Now this may seem trivial but you've added another layer of having to keep track and plan etc instead of merely buying and using. 
    So once again, I'm pretty certain that after I use this card and look for some daz originals until the new plus runs out ... I'll probably go away for another year. 
    I was going to pick up  a bunch with the 60% for daz plus members not because 60 off was a great deal ... still generally higher than most of the products go on sale for but adding the 40% from all the tokens was enticing and now they're gone and now all those items are gone from the cart. 
    Sometimes Daz amazes me with what appears to be a general attempt to get people mad... mad people don't buy. 
    You can always win an arguement with a customer .. as long as you want to lose the sale. 
    ---
    And as happens the wish list wasn't working early this morning so I didn't even bother looking at 203 pages just now the wishlist button worked (congrats wherever it came from) and with only five pages to look at I was tearing through them and then realized the tokens were gone.
    And yesterday it said 0 days 0 minutes etc when I still had tokens showing ... so I figured all the goose eggs in the countdown were another glitch. Since with 0 seconds they should have been gone. 

edited March 2023

It isn't like they were hiding it;
    https://www.daz3d.com/daz-tokens

Tokens.JPG
    1062 x 579 - 97K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited March 2023

..today's sale page says they expire in 05 days 9 hours 38 min which would be 23:59 Daz Time on Saturday

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited March 2023

kyoto kid said:

..today's sale page says they expire in 05 days 9 hours 38 min which would be 23:59 Daz Time on Saturday

Mine says; 

Edit; I'm 8 hours ahead of DazLand now that they changed into daylight saving and we do it next weekend, which means my counter was one hour short, stopping on Sunday at 22:59 DazTime... Wait a minute, we lose an hour on Sunday morning, but that shouldn't affect their counter...

TokenEnd.JPG
    739 x 394 - 40K
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

Mine also says 5 days 9 hours, and the countdown reset on Saturday night my time, not Sunday. I didn't have any tokens for it to matter so I don't know if that's when they actually expire, but people seem to be getting different countdowns which seems odd, it's not like this is varying by time zone right?

I don't personally care about the tokens but it seems like there are still some big kinks to work out.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Last night mine said minus 8. How do they get a negative number? Or was that just a changeover glitch?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198

Mine says 6 days +hours, min., sec.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 165709.png
    638 x 366 - 37K
  • 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968

JOdel said:

Last night mine said minus 8. How do they get a negative number? Or was that just a changeover glitch?

That was a changeover glitch ... it was fixed soon after work hours started Daz time.

• Threads merged

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

Changeover glitch aside, fine here's a screenshot. Timezones shouldn't matter to a countdown either.

Capture.PNG
    1108 x 626 - 221K
  • Sorry moderators ... a count down clock is a pressure tactic .. 
    And as for the message below with the fancy counters etc
    KISS*
    doesn't need a counter .. just needs to say "All tokens expire midnight March 17 daz time" 
    what's hard about that? 
    ----
    Should I have got that.. probably... should I have to spend my time (when I could be using the stuff I've already bought) trying to figure out exactly what the deal is and how it works and when it dies etc? 
    Daz thinks so, I don't. 
    ---
    As noted my only recourse having purchased that big order on Friday with 18 tokens of which I used 8 on Sunday (becasue as I recall there was zip to interest me on sat) would have been to buy one at a time a pcplus item and used 8 with each one. 
    There's a big dead spot in my purchases and there will be another one. 
    ---
    Daz needs to remember their sales model is essentially built on excitment addiction etc but if you do something to break the flow .. you lose that momentum. And it's lost ... pretty sure I can go a long time once again without getting new stuff. 
    ---
    *KISS keep it simple, stupid has been a rallying cry for sales trainers for decades. 

save tokens.jpg
    806 x 432 - 129K
  • ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

I have to agree with Alan Bard. I'll admit I didn't read the fine print, but if you have a gift card sale on the same day that the tokens expire it's kind of crappy. They must know how we use gift cards. I was more than a little disappointed to see that the 18 tokens I had sunday were gone this morning--foolishly hoped that maybe they would roll sunday's over. It's fine. it's their business. But like you, I likely won't by big on weekends when there's something like the token thing on.

However, in the future, I would suggest allowing the tokens to last for X days intead. More incentive to buy. I've been buying something from the new releases every few days so I can have access to the grab bad specials.

In any case, buyer's remorse is buyer's remorse, and maybe it's good for my wallet this has released me from march madness.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410

alan bard newcomer said:

Sorry moderators ... a count down clock is a pressure tactic .. 
    And as for the message below with the fancy counters etc
    KISS*
    doesn't need a counter .. just needs to say "All tokens expire midnight March 17 daz time" 
    what's hard about that? 
    ----
    Should I have got that.. probably... should I have to spend my time (when I could be using the stuff I've already bought) trying to figure out exactly what the deal is and how it works and when it dies etc? 
    Daz thinks so, I don't. 
    ---
    As noted my only recourse having purchased that big order on Friday with 18 tokens of which I used 8 on Sunday (becasue as I recall there was zip to interest me on sat) would have been to buy one at a time a pcplus item and used 8 with each one. 
    There's a big dead spot in my purchases and there will be another one. 
    ---
    Daz needs to remember their sales model is essentially built on excitment addiction etc but if you do something to break the flow .. you lose that momentum. And it's lost ... pretty sure I can go a long time once again without getting new stuff. 
    ---
    *KISS keep it simple, stupid has been a rallying cry for sales trainers for decades.

The biggest complaint on this forum is that people don't know when sales expire and now that they are telling you when it does expire, they are doing some kind of trickery to make you buy now. They really can't win in the eyes of some, can they?

• GhostDogGhostDog Posts: 156

I like the token concept but suggest the implementation is off a little. Either:

1-Tokens reset on first of month.

2- Tokens expire in 7 days from purchase. To prevent issue of customers having multiple tokens with different expiry times, whenever you get a token it resets all your tokens to 7 days. This would have the added bonus of incentivizing $10 purchases to reset the timer on your tokens. 

I think either of these option could work. It would be nice to see Daz adopt something like this long term instead of constantly changing sales tactics. Adopting it long term would mean even the more complex option 2 could work as people would learn how to effectively use it.

Just a thought.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Looks like they've made gift cards ineligible now...

edited March 2023

alan bard newcomer said:

what's hard about that? 

When is midnight March 17th, for some the 17th starts with it, for some it ends at midnight.