DAZ Tokens

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited March 2023

...Saturday 03/25, 00:20 PDT (01:20 Daz time).

Yes, I'm being shorted a day. It's been like this all week.  Part of why I am not participating.

token countdown Saturday.png
    891 x 469 - 35K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Just to clarify .. do the tokens expire at 12:01 am on Sunday (Daz time) - that is, about 22 hours from this moment - as the countdown indicates? I seem to recall it did the same last week but the tokens ended being good all day until 11:59pm on Sunday (Daz time), disappearing on Monday.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Just to clarify .. do the tokens expire at 12:01 am on Sunday (Daz time) - that is, about 22 hours from this moment - as the countdown indicates? I seem to recall the countdown was similiar last week but the tokens ended being good all day until 11:59pm on Sunday (Daz time), disappearing on Monday.

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-tokens

Tokens.JPG
    1062 x 579 - 97K
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    edited March 2023
    Nevermind! Yes the page is confusing but the bottom says through Sunday.
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on

...hmm 2x tokens today.

• Joe2018 said:

First I think the tokens are a good idea. But second: I wish every token is valid für 7 Days. The biggest Problem I see is the fixed expiration date. Which is not a clever idea. As example: made a big purchase on sunday. Got many tokes for that. And a few hours later they all expired. Which is only one thing: frustrating.

NS: English is not my native language, I hope you understand what I mean.

Ditto this

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 265

The second they made all your tokens reset each week I was officialy removed from this sale.

I am not dropping 80 bucks each week just so I can START to get discounts, especially after i dropped few houndred to get a bunch of tokens on first week and they were all converted to air....

Tomhip said:

The second they made all your tokens reset each week I was officialy removed from this sale.

I am not dropping 80 bucks each week just so I can START to get discounts, especially after i dropped few houndred to get a bunch of tokens on first week and they were all converted to air....

The first week one could get tokens just by buying gift cards to oneself, the second week one could do that on monday before they started work at DazLand and this week with double tokens, one needs only to buy $40 worth of items to get 8 tokens - That I did already on my first cart, filling it with Varg and 20 DAZ+ items from "Mad Artists" for $40 at 90% off, now with the 8 tokens, doing the second cart with items that didn't have low enough price without the 40% token discount and collecting tokens for the rest of the week blush

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

It would be really nice if tokens earned on Sunday were for the following week so that Sunday through Saturday night expired on the Sunday after at Midnight

• Even once you try to like those tokens it gets worse and worse. Sure the 10 or so I got from a bigger order Sunday night were revoked at midnight. No we do have a x2 token event on Monday but all the vendor stores, promos etc are still on that orc topic. Should have probably not spent a single dollar on those and waited until today. OK, lesson learned.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,627

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Even once you try to like those tokens it gets worse and worse. Sure the 10 or so I got from a bigger order Sunday night were revoked at midnight. No we do have a x2 token event on Monday but all the vendor stores, promos etc are still on that orc topic. Should have probably not spent a single dollar on those and waited until today. OK, lesson learned.

Stuff like that happens a lot. It's only good when the stars align and you can get what you really want for the bargain price.

...last week of MM and finally got my first tokens of the sale on "2X Monday" (4) after picking up a couple items off my wishlist that were nicely discounted. "Daz+ Wednesday" is coming up . so I may actually have a couple more by week's end (and still have my Daz+ coupons to boot).

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

Yesterday, on the glorious '2x Monday', I redeemed 6 tokens. Everything went correctly. Then I bought two more items for a total of just over $15, for which I would have received 2 tokens, plus the tokens for the previous purchase - but so far 0 tokens appear... What is this? If this is how the double tokens are accounted for, I'll thankfully pass. angry

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514

I really wish there was a way to pass this on like gift them to someone else. After a huge cart checkout I have 39 that will just go poof.

Tokens3.JPG
    1317 x 1298 - 192K
  • Like others here, I have just been ignoring tokens. With my buying habits, I won't earn more than a 5-10% discount and I probably won't use the tokens before they expire. But for now it will be a pleasant surprise if I have a small token discount to use

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

I don't understand or maybe missed a post, are tokens here to stay?

• mwokee said:

I don't understand or maybe missed a post, are tokens here to stay?

We don't know.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,737
    edited April 2023

AllenArt said:

wolandepiphanius said:

There seems to be an issue with applying a token to the cart then removing and going ahead with the purchase. I just lost a token that way. I submitted a ticket, but has anyone else experienced this? I guess all new systems will have bugs.

On the box where you apply the tokens, if you apply it by mistake or just don't want to use it, there is a plus and minus sign in the box. Click the minus sign until it goes to zero and you won't use any, even if you applied them ;) 

This thing is bugged.  I had some items in my cart and applied my 2 tokens earned yesterday (Monday).  Then I decided to get the Easter-egg freebie first so I emptied the cart and added the freebie instead.  The tokens still said "Applied" so I removed them.  Went to the Purchase page and there the tokens were automatically added again, so I removed them again (token button changed from "Applied" to "Apply to cart" both times).  Then I checked out, and now my 2 tokens are gone. 

Post edited by Taoz on

Taoz said:

AllenArt said:

wolandepiphanius said:

There seems to be an issue with applying a token to the cart then removing and going ahead with the purchase. I just lost a token that way. I submitted a ticket, but has anyone else experienced this? I guess all new systems will have bugs.

On the box where you apply the tokens, if you apply it by mistake or just don't want to use it, there is a plus and minus sign in the box. Click the minus sign until it goes to zero and you won't use any, even if you applied them ;) 

This thing is bugged.  I had some items in my cart and applied my 2 tokens earned yesterday (Monday).  Then I decided to get the Easter-egg freebie first so I emptied the cart and added the freebie instead.  The tokens still said "Applied" so I removed them.  Went to the Purchase page and there the tokens were automatically added again, so I removed them again (token button changed from "Applied" to "Apply to cart" both times).  Then I checked out, and now my 2 tokens are gone. 

It isn't enough to use the minus-sign to take the number of tokens to zero. One also has to click "Apply to cart" before the tokens are released.
    Clicking plus and/or minus does not change the amount of tokens used, one has to apply the change by clicking "Apply to cart".

PerttiA said:

Taoz said:

AllenArt said:

wolandepiphanius said:

It isn't enough to use the minus-sign to take the number of tokens to zero. One also has to click "Apply to cart" before the tokens are released.
    Clicking plus and/or minus does not change the amount of tokens used, one has to apply the change by clicking "Apply to cart".

Oh, thanks.  The text seems a bit misleading or easy to misunderstand to me then - I understood "Apply to cart" as "apply all tokens you have" and "Applied" when all were applied.  Still, it ate my tokens even with a total of $0.00 (freebie), not very smart. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

Taoz, I had a similar probem two days ago. It happened for the second time. I was told to send a help file...

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 826

Me too, and I think more people had the same thing happening with their tokens. Has anyone already had a response from CS if they submitted a ticket for this?

edited April 2023

Taoz said:

Oh, thanks.  The text seems a bit misleading or easy to misunderstand to me then - I understood "Apply to cart" as "apply all tokens you have" and "Applied" when all were applied.  Still, it ate my tokens even with a total of $0.00 (freebie), not very smart. 

As one can see, the price is not changing when one just dials the number of tokens to zero, one must "Apply to cart" the zero tokens to release ones that were applied.

One thing to remember - If one did have tokens applied to a cart and one cleared the cart, the tokens are automatically applied to the next items put on the cart, even when the item is free or something that does not give token discount.
    One MUST dial the number of tokens to zero and click "Apply to cart" before proceeding with the purchase if one doesn't want to loose the tokens.

Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

Taoz said:

As one can see, the price is not changing when one just dials the number of tokens to zero, one must "Apply to cart" the zero tokens to release ones that were applied.

Well I think it's a rather confusing way they have done it.  For example, if you have 2 tokens and apply one to the cart it will say 1 left to apply which you would expect.  But if you then add the second one to the cart also, it then goes from 1 to 2 again instead of from 1 to 0.  

"Apply to Cart" is also bad wording, like I said it can be understood as "just apply all tokens" as the only option, expecially because it's what it does be default.  The standard wording in contexts where you can change the amount is "Update (Cart)", that will also give you a clue that you have to change something first.  Sometimes the "Update" button doesn't even show unless you have changed the amount.

edited April 2023

PerttiA said:

One thing to remember - If one did have tokens applied to a cart and one cleared the cart, the tokens are automatically applied to the next items put on the cart, even when the item is free or something that does not give token discount.

That's bad programming IMO - clearing the cart should also clear the applied tokens.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458

Now that I've gotten used to the tokens, I am actually spending more due to buying more because of discounts.

Taoz said:

PerttiA said:

That's bad programming IMO - clearing the cart should also clear the applied tokens.

Yeah, but that's how it works and we cannot change it. 

Jabba said:

Now that I've gotten used to the tokens, I am actually spending more due to buying more because of discounts.

Heh, wellcome to Dazaholics Anonymous cheeky 

• PancakePancake Posts: 40
    edited April 2023

Is it just me? Monday/Tuesday 2x tokens days seem to be the weakest in terms of new content.

I can't justify buying stuff I don't want just to get tokens for a future sale that MIGHT have something to make up for it.

A new release rolls around, and since I have no tokens I think "eh, I'll just wait until it's on a sale I do have tokens for" which.....never happens.

As a result I haven't really bought anything since the tokens came out apart from one time. Normally I'm buying something new twice a week before this change but the psychology of it seems to be affecting me the wrong way.

Partly it's a result of trying to time it for big new character releases. Which MIGHT happen, might not. Naturally I want to save a 40% off for when I'm likely to be spending over $100 rather than wasting it on a $10 costume.

Post edited by Pancake on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

No.