DAZ Tokens

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited March 2023

3141592654 said:

JOdel said:

Last night mine said minus 8. How do they get a negative number? Or was that just a changeover glitch?

That was a changeover glitch ... it was fixed soon after work hours started Daz time.

...I thought maybe it was because I haven't made any purchases since the promo started.  The only item in my cart was last week's Daz+ freebie.and that's worth 0 tokens.

To offset the cost of accumulating 8 tokens (80$) to get the maximum 40% discount would require having a minimum of 200$ worth of items in the cart (40% of 200 is 80).

This for deeper pockets than some of us have.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Hmm, if I remember right than I was able to get Tokens by buying a gift card last Sunday. That was I nice option to stock on credit and then use the max discount on other products. Now that this option seems to be gone I guess I am out of the Token game. Not willing to spend at least 80$ on rather low discounts to maybe save bing at the end of the week. Would be otherwise once Tokens would not been invalidated on Sunday probably. 

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990

kyoto kid said:

3141592654 said:

JOdel said:

Last night mine said minus 8. How do they get a negative number? Or was that just a changeover glitch?

That was a changeover glitch ... it was fixed soon after work hours started Daz time.

...I thought maybe it was because I haven't made any purchases since the promo started.  The only item in my cart was last week's Daz+ freebie.and that's worth 0 tokens.

To offset the cost of accumulating 8 tokens (80$) to get the maximum 40% discount would require having a minimum of 200$ worth of items in the cart (40% of 200 is 80).

I see it more as a "You get them when you spend something, then you can get 5% (or up to 40%) additional discount on an upcoming purchase." no matter how much that final additional account is in the end (and not considering the "tokens are gone by Sunday" which is very frustrating).

If you step back from the "all or nothing" mentality, it's a nice extra saving; if you have tokens, then that is fine, if you don't have tokens, then that's how it is, no harm done.

But if the "maximum only" is the goal, then of course, the tokens are frustrating, because you feel like you are forced to buy more than you want.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Hmm, if I remember right than I was able to get Tokens by buying a gift card last Sunday. That was I nice option to stock on credit and then use the max discount on other products. Now that this option seems to be gone I guess I am out of the Token game. Not willing to spend at least 80$ on rather low discounts to maybe save bing at the end of the week. Would be otherwise once Tokens would not been invalidated on Sunday probably. 

I had been kinda waiting for them to nix the tokens for gift cards option as it effectively gives you tokens twice. I understand the decision, but that'll probably take me out of the token game as well. Without the GC option, it's just another one of those 'buy this here whole load of stuff you don't want to get discounts on what you really want' sales tactic. So sad! It was fun while it lasted.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,527
    edited March 2023

tsroemi said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Hmm, if I remember right than I was able to get Tokens by buying a gift card last Sunday. That was I nice option to stock on credit and then use the max discount on other products. Now that this option seems to be gone I guess I am out of the Token game. Not willing to spend at least 80$ on rather low discounts to maybe save bing at the end of the week. Would be otherwise once Tokens would not been invalidated on Sunday probably. 

I had been kinda waiting for them to nix the tokens for gift cards option as it effectively gives you tokens twice. I understand the decision, but that'll probably take me out of the token game as well. Without the GC option, it's just another one of those 'buy this here whole load of stuff you don't want to get discounts on what you really want' sales tactic. So sad! It was fun while it lasted.

Yeah... Yesterday the buy-in for the worthwhile discounts was four newly mad items on a day that everybody had their tokens reset... With $40-50 buy-ins not much sense in the whole thing unless one can compensate with really deep discounts (around 90% off) and that was where the tokens were/are needed.

Edit; Had a look at my $60 cart (after 40% token discount) and realized that there is nothing I really want... Probably going to clear the whole cart and save the tokens and the store credit for another sale...

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • I think the clarity of the end date is good.

What I don't think is good is the state of my funds, I have $-40 to spend, having had an unexpected bill this month. C'est la vie.

Regards,

Richard

• graetzelgraetzel Posts: 1

>Don’t lose your hard-earned Daz Tokens! They expire every Sunday, so use them before they’re gone! --> https://www.daz3d.com/daz-tokens
    nice option 8- ( , i wondered where my 10 tokens are that i earned on sunday, the english translate is a little bit harsh,so I prefer to say it in German 'ich fühle mich veräppelt' ...

• That is the thing. I would have spent with tokens yesterday. I would have probably even invested in a non-discounted gift card once it would have given - say 1 token not for $10 but for $20. Just to get me started. But without that I did not spend anything. And today's a day without key item incentive for me so although I get an extra discount for owning a lot of HM products I will probably not spend anything. And then we are already in the middle of the week where I am not willing to invest in the weekly tokens anymore.

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 238

First I think the tokens are a good idea. But second: I wish every token is valid für 7 Days. The biggest Problem I see is the fixed expiration date. Which is not a clever idea. As example: made a big purchase on sunday. Got many tokes for that. And a few hours later they all expired. Which is only one thing: frustrating.

NS: English is not my native language, I hope you understand what I mean.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    As long as they are expiring at [Specific Time], any way we could get some sort of response about the different countdowns? Countdowns are great! But why don't they match?

AlmightyQUEST said:

As long as they are expiring at [Specific Time], any way we could get some sort of response about the different countdowns? Countdowns are great! But why don't they match?

That's probably because, instead of simply showing how many days, hours, minutes in DazLand the tokens are valid for, they are obviously trying to calculate something based on the users system time and not getting the timezones and datelines right.

For me, their countdown is one hour short and that is maybe because we (in Finland) move to daylight saving on Sunday morning. There should be about 130 hours left, but the counter shows 129 hours remaining 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

I mean, sure! Maybe system time, though since I'm one timezone away from DAZ-land I shouldn't be a day off. More importantly though, timezones shouldn't matter when it's a countdown. There's no adjustment needed for anyone, anywhere in the world. Or off world! But hidden or not, there is conflicting information on the site about when tokens expire, so it's reasonable for people to say it is confusing.

edited March 2023

BeeMKay said:

kyoto kid said:

3141592654 said:

JOdel said:

I see it more as a "You get them when you spend something, then you can get 5% (or up to 40%) additional discount on an upcoming purchase." no matter how much that final additional account is in the end (and not considering the "tokens are gone by Sunday" which is very frustrating).

If you step back from the "all or nothing" mentality, it's a nice extra saving; if you have tokens, then that is fine, if you don't have tokens, then that's how it is, no harm done.

But if the "maximum only" is the goal, then of course, the tokens are frustrating, because you feel like you are forced to buy more than you want.

...I just prefer basic % off sales withot al sorts of strings and gimmicks attached.  That's why I jsut stick to the flash sales when they occur and Fastgrab.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

PerttiA said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

That's probably because, instead of simply showing how many days, hours, minutes in DazLand the tokens are valid for, they are obviously trying to calculate something based on the users system time and not getting the timezones and datelines right.

For me, their countdown is one hour short and that is maybe because we (in Finland) move to daylight saving on Sunday morning. There should be about 130 hours left, but the counter shows 129 hours remaining 

...maybe that's why I am seeing something different as I'm in the Pacific time zone one hour behind Utah.(Daz "Zero Hour is 22:59 for me).

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,629

frank0314 said:

The biggest complaint on this forum is that people don't know when sales expire and now that they are telling you when it does expire, they are doing some kind of trickery to make you buy now. They really can't win in the eyes of some, can they?

Countdown clock is welcome! Would have been a big help the last time I missed out for not knowing the end time.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,906

Torquinox said:

frank0314 said:

The biggest complaint on this forum is that people don't know when sales expire and now that they are telling you when it does expire, they are doing some kind of trickery to make you buy now. They really can't win in the eyes of some, can they?

Countdown clock is welcome! Would have been a big help the last time I missed out for not knowing the end time.

There was a countdown clock all last week though and it's there right now, at least on mine. Put something in the cart, click on the cart and it tells you when it'll expire in real time. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,629
    edited March 2023

benniewoodell said:

There was a countdown clock all last week though and it's there right now, at least on mine. Put something in the cart, click on the cart and it tells you when it'll expire in real time. 

Yes, that's true. And someone else was complaining countdown clock was a "pressure tactic." There was a banner coupon a while ago that had neither expiration nor notice in the cart and I didn't realize it would be gone the next morning. Countdown clock would have been good then, or even a simple "Expires today 23:59 Daz time." That's the one that got away. In the future, I'll assume unmarked coupons expire same day. Even better, maybe all the coupons and offers will be marked with an end time, and we'll all be on the same page. wink.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

kyoto kid said:

BeeMKay said:

kyoto kid said:

3141592654 said:

JOdel said:

...I just prefer basic % off sales withot al sorts of strings and gimmicks attached.  That's why I jsut stick to the flash sales when they occur and Fastgrab.

These come curtousy of Softengi, a company that says they are a leader in "digital transformation". But the idea is not unique to them, you can find many other similar pitches for "gamification".

"People are naturally competitive, and EASILY MOTIVATED". This sums it up nicely. The gamification of sales has been proven to "motivate" customers to buy more. Motivate. <.<

At first glance it might seem this is geared towards staff, but Softengi makes it very clear this is for customers, too.

They have many of these elements in this sale. They have in game currency in the form of tokens. They have progress bars so customers can see their bar grow. They offer rewards through the tokens. The tokens MUST be cashed out before they expire, so there is a sense of urgency to spend, perhaps a challenge? The only thing missing is AR and VR.

I am merely explaining what digital tokens are as per the title of the thread.

After they excluded gift cards from earning tokens, I have found myself clearing the cart a few times because I haven't found enough products that I want, at the price I'm willing to pay to justify loosing tokens for it.

The jury is still out for current cart, at $50.30 I would loose 3 tokens which I may need during the remaining three days. Next week starting from zero again and having to earn the tokens by buying products at lesser discount, is probably going to reduce spending to minimum or nothing...

• Well seems you changed how they applied. First time the token discount took the discount from the total of the bill. This time taking it from the individual items so you receive less actual discount. Thought you had a good program that competed with Rendo. If that's it going forward not going to waste my time.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199

noshobawolf_f994bf986d said:

Well seems you changed how they applied. First time the token discount took the discount from the total of the bill. This time taking it from the individual items so you receive less actual discount. Thought you had a good program that competed with Rendo. If that's it going forward not going to waste my time.

It sounds like this promotion keeps getting worse and worse. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344

barbult said:

Well seems you changed how they applied. First time the token discount took the discount from the total of the bill. This time taking it from the individual items so you receive less actual discount. Thought you had a good program that competed with Rendo. If that's it going forward not going to waste my time.

I'm not sure I understand how the bottom line has been changed, As for as I can recall gift cards and some grab bag sales have always been excluded from receiving the token discount; so how does it matter whether the discount is off the total without those items or off the individual items?

@outrider42.  ...I'm not much into games particularly when one such as myself is on a tight income.  It's like being at the grocery market and seeing a 14 0z bag of crisps with a sale price of 2.99$ in large eye catching print (underneath which in small print it reads "Must buy 3 for discount")..  I can imagine an average shopper (maybe in a hurry or distracted) seeing the price in the large print, grabbing one bag, checking out after buying more items and getting home to find they paid the full 5.99$ instead of the sale price for the crisps.  That's a "game" as well and given the high prices for food these days, a pretty rotten one.

This is why I read the fine print  on any "attractive" or "to good to be true" offer ether at the market or here, although in the latter case, sometimes Daz hasn't been very clear on the conditions from time to time. 

If I want to play games, I'll contact a few friends and set up a weekend D&D session.

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

I'm not sure I understand how the bottom line has been changed, As for as I can recall gift cards and some grab bag sales have always been excluded from receiving the token discount; so how does it matter whether the discount is off the total without those items or off the individual items?

Yes, gift cards and certain grab bag items have been excluded from the start and the token discount has been applied per (eligible) item also, nothing changed in that respect.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Yes, gift cards and certain grab bag items have been excluded from the start and the token discount has been applied per (eligible) item also, nothing changed in that respect.

I bought two gift cards and got a total of 18 tokens for doing so. So, they weren't excluded from the start for everyone. 

xyer0 said:

PerttiA said:

I bought two gift cards and got a total of 18 tokens for doing so. So, they weren't excluded from the start for everyone. 

Different thing, the first week and early monday this week, one was able to earn tokens by buying gift cards, but even then one didn't get token discount when buying gift cards - Ie, if one bought a gift card for $100, one still had to pay $100 for it, even if there was other items on that order that got the token discount.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

PerttiA said:

xyer0 said:

PerttiA said:

Different thing, the first week and early monday this week, one was able to earn tokens by buying gift cards, but even then one didn't get token discount when buying gift cards - Ie, if one bought a gift card for $100, one still had to pay $100 for it, even if there was other items on that order that got the token discount.

I misunderstood. Pardon moi. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

xyer0 said:

PerttiA said:

xyer0 said:

PerttiA said:

I misunderstood. Pardon moi. 

Either way, excluding gift cards completely now sure takes the fun out of the whole thing. Also, I'm sitting on 4 tokens right now that I sort of happened to accumulate, and I can't find anything interesting to spend them on ...

tsroemi said:

Either way, excluding gift cards completely now sure takes the fun out of the whole thing. Also, I'm sitting on 4 tokens right now that I sort of happened to accumulate, and I can't find anything interesting to spend them on ...

Same... Managed to get tokens on Monday before they excluded gift cards from earning them, and couldn't find $30 worth of items in todays offers, which is not worth 8 tokens.
    Without the extra 40% token discount, the items have frequently been on sale at lower prices, so I'm probably going to clear the cart and keep sitting on the tokens.

• youri_zyouri_z Posts: 150

Something's not right. I had 11 tokens and made a purchase just before the store rolled over. I used 7 tokens and my purchase was for $41, which should have earned me +4 tokens, resulting in a total of 11 - 7 + 4 = 8 tokens. But I only have four tokens total. Either the purchase wasn't counted or my remaining tokens were removed, not just the 7 I used. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

(I guess I'll give it until the morning and put in a ticket. Who kknows if I'll get them back before they expire.)