Jaderail is looking down on the STUPID THREAD XI

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,120
    edited June 2023

I have had to enter my password into DIM twice already today because it didn't remember me

annoying as I have to always look it up

yet Paypal is fond of recognizing my trusted devices even though I unchecked that

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

...I've had that happen with teh IM from time to time. Fortunately I can just copy it into the field from my password locker so I don't have to key enter it when that happens (very cryptic 16 mixed character array).

Since the last time this happened (about a week ago), it's remembering my password again.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,153

How did it get to be morning so quickly?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,079
    Sfariah D said:

The nights are getting shorter.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,048
    edited June 2023

Sfariah D said:

I've heard of this before... sounds like a classic case of Transomnatic Cognitive Parallax...

Transomnatic Cognitive Parallax™: A condition where one's consciousness separates from their physical body during sleep and synchronizes with a slower or higher phased reality, creating the illusion upon awakening of huge discrepancies in the passage of time.*
    Not to be confused with Cryosomnatic Temporal Encinostasis™, a condition where the individual, usually a caveman or cavewoman is frozen in ice and awakened millions of years later, generally in a suburban California neighborhood, usually by teenagers striving to be popular in time for prom.

*Transomnatic Cognitive Parallax™ and Cryosomnatic Temporal Encinostasis™ are a registered trademark of SilCorDyne Heavy Industries LTD.  Unauthorized use of these terms to peddle unlicensed or lazily constructed conspiracies based off of these terms without full written consent will be treated as a violation of the Pan-galactic Intellectual Property Rights Accords of 1468 and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Post edited by McGyver on

TJohn said:

Sfariah D said:

The nights are getting shorter.

edited June 2023

Checking if this fish joke can upload!

IMG_8220.jpeg
    1526 x 1430 - 678K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

...laugh

I did trivia yesterday.  One question was what is the smallest computer storage unit, or something like that.  I said byte, but it was kilobytes.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,472
    edited June 2023

Sfariah D said:

I did trivia yesterday.  One question was what is the smallest computer storage unit, or something like that.  I said byte, but it was kilobytes.

Possibly an inexact question.frown  

In classical computers (not quantum) the "bit" is the smallest unit of information storage.   Whereas "byte" might be considered the typically smallest directly addressable unit of information storage in computer RAM (however, while in RAM, it is often accessed in multiples of 4, 8, or 16 byte chunks, (i.e. "words").  On the other hand, I could understand that "kilobyte" might be considered the smallest practical unit of data archival on magnetic media or other mass storage media.  So, the question has different answers depending on which direction one is looking from.  i.e. An inexact question. indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I dreamt last night there was a stupidity virus going around making people more stupid.  They were very difficult to get away from.

Sfariah D said:

I dreamt last night there was a stupidity virus going around making people more stupid.  They were very difficult to get away from.

I feel you may be on to something there, but unfortunately it's probably been going around for millennia... maybe it's just a stronger, more noticeable variant... Stoopid-16, a variant of the common Ignoramus virus... I feel like it's probably spread by exposure to social media and divisive non factual rhetoric that weakens the immune system and makes one's brain more susceptible to its effects... it's probably very similar to that insect zombie fungus, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis... 

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it were a fungus and not a virus, because when you hear some of the nonsense being peddled out there, your brain starts to feel a little fuzzy... like it's growing fungus... from there you kinda just want to climb up a tree, sprout roots, grow a spore pod out of your head, and start dropping Stoopid spores all over the place, completing the cycle of infection.

I feel an appropriate scientific name would be "Koroidoceps propagandis", from the Greek word "koróido" meaning "fool or sucker" and the Latin suffix "ceps" meaning "headed" and the epithet "propagandis" from Latin, meaning "to spread"...  basically, a fungus that spreads stupid.

According to Vicipedia:
    "Koroidoceps propagandis (Stoopid Fungus) spreads it's spores on the air and they accumulate in victims ear canals, lodged in the earwax... the spores have a tough outer covering that can only be dissolved by exposure to certain frequencies of sound found in the voices of those in the final stage of infection. If the new host has a suitably low threshold for suggestion, the spores can easily travel to the brain, where they release chemicals that stimulate the production of pleasurable endorphins that distract the brain while the fungus matures, turning the brain tissue into a marshmallow-like substance, similar to the spongy portion of a mushroom... from there the host enters the telemorph stage and their respiratory system develops hymenium tissue containing spore bearing cells, once this tissue mature fully, the host can spread the Stoopid spores just by speaking."

I fully expect conspiracy hacks looking for random ideas to come across this while googling for nonsense to cobble together new material, so look for this concept as the basis for the next thrilling installment of some random conspiracy... maybe it'll involve pod people or lizardmen... just to keep things consistent and believable.

edited June 2023

Sfariah D said:

I don't think it's possible for anything to make stupid people more stupid than they already are.  And they are quite difficult to get away from.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,472

TJohn said:

Sfariah D said:

I don't think it's possible for anything to make stupid people more stupid than they already are.  And they are quite difficult to get away from.

Living alone, without mirrrors, helps.enlightenedfrown

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,758

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah D said:

In classical computers (not quantum) the "bit" is the smallest unit of information storage.   Whereas "byte" might be considered the typically smallest directly addressable unit of information storage in computer RAM (however, while in RAM, it is often accessed in multiples of 4, 8, or 16 byte chunks, (i.e. "words").  On the other hand, I could understand that "kilobyte" might be considered the smallest practical unit of data archival on magnetic media or other mass storage media.  So, the question has different answers depending on which direction one is looking from.  i.e. An inexact question. indecision

It reminds me of a game show I saw once, in which a man was asked how many doors a car had. This particular car came in more than one version. The sedan version was considered to have four doors, and in the hatchback version, the hatch was considered to be a fifth door. Even the manufacturer's website said this car had five doors. But when the man said the car had five doors, they said he was wrong.

Same with the classic woodchuck question... is it an independent contractor or a union woodchuck?... How long has the woodchuck been working at that particular woodchucking company?... Is it a new hire or close to retirement?... Is it even a living woodchuck?

Nobody specifies the particulars, they just jump on you with that question like it's set in stone or something.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099
    edited June 2023

NylonGirl said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah D said:

It reminds me of a game show I saw once, in which a man was asked how many doors a car had. This particular car came in more than one version. The sedan version was considered to have four doors, and in the hatchback version, the hatch was considered to be a fifth door. Even the manufacturer's website said this car had five doors. But when the man said the car had five doors, they said he was wrong.

What abouth the bonnet (hood in USese)? Or the glove compartment openable-thing? What is the garage doors had become stuck and the driver had been in a hurry, so it had (most of) a door impaled on the front end (prow in shipese)?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I found a way to get Daz Studio for free.  I also found out I can get both Gimp and Blender for free.

I went to see if Poser was installed, but opened power point instead.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,758

Richard Haseltine said:

NylonGirl said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah D said:

What abouth the bonnet (hood in USese)? Or the glove compartment openable-thing? What is the garage doors had become stuck and the driver had been in a hurry, so it had (most of) a door impaled on the front end (prow in shipese)?

I suppose if I could get into a car through the bonnet then I'd call that a door. However, I can get into my car through the sunroof and I don't call that a door. Life is complicated at times. 

edited June 2023

Sunroof and moonroof are two odd terms to denote a distinct lack of roof in a given area... it'd make more sense to be called a "Sunhole" or "moonhole"... okay, that last one sounds rude, but if you have a window in your home's roof, it's a "Skylight"... lets in "light" from the "sky"...
    I get maybe a fixed glass window that doesn't open... that's a roof and it's letting in the sunlight or if someone rude is sitting on the glass with no pants on, the moon... but if it slides, then I'm thinking "Skyhole" or "Rainhole"... or if you have an elevated subway line or a lot of overpasses in the neighborhood, a "Pigeon Poop Portal". 
    Ok, that's the second time in two days my conversation reverted to poop... honestly, I think I was traumatized by that dog in the dollar store the other day... it was like he was a trans-dimensional portal to the diarrhea universe... 

Sorry... I realize it's too early to start in with that and many people are grossed out by that sort of talk when it's not specifically part of a hilarious routine in a comedy movie starring an actor/actress they find handsome/pretty and humorous and they paid good money to see...

If I ever become a famous actor or movie script writer I'll be sure to include diarrhea dog in a scene with... and let's say Chris Hemsworth or Ryan Renoldswrap to be part of that scene... both of whom would pull off such a scene very well... of course it's more of an Adam Sandler sort of thing, but with Sandler it would definitely have to devolve into someone slipping in it and the whole thing turning into the Monty Python Mr. Creosote bit, but with poo instead of barf and that wasn't historically accurate. 
    I feel that was a historical event by the way... Not necessarily Titanic or Hindenburg grade, but more like the Ashtabula River Railroad Disaster or that time Godzilla ate a Taco Bell...

Okay... I'm done.

Sorry.

Well... anyway... Good morning everyone!

Post edited by McGyver on
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 283

They say you are a mature once you had sex, but once working to pay the bills hits you in the face I dare say that's the real adulthood. I hate going into first shift. I hate getting up at 5 am to go at work at 6am. Any tips how to survive this are welcome. It's gonna be two weeks of this.

...I hated getting up at 05:30 and not getting home until about 19:30 every weekday evening partially because of long 3 bus commute each way. 

By the end of the week I was so drained I slept in until almost noon on Saturday effectively giving me a 1.5 day weekend as I had to get to bed early Sunday night to do the routine all over again.

I turned the light next to my bed on.  I turned of the dresser lamps and went to lay down. One of the dresser lights turned on seemingly on its own!  (Actually it is probably some algorithm I setup and forgot which one in my Alexa app!

I have an excess of stupid in my head today - and wouldn't you know it? The stupid drain is clogged. 

I just installed Carrara 8.5 and I forgot my cereal number.  Also it thinks my name is "your name".  Also how do I know if I use the regular cereal number or the pro?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,120

I know someone will tell you to just look in your DAZ cereals but this is the stupid thread so I guess you already found the plastic toy

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I know someone will tell you to just look in your DAZ cereals but this is the stupid thread so I guess you already found the plastic toy

Wow!  The plastic toy is actually in the Daz Cereals! 

• IlenaIlena Posts: 283

Bought cereals from a new brand. Taste like cardbox. Oh and thank you for the tips . Have to say it's kind of nice to be able to return home when everything is working and there is sun. Not nice when it's bloody hell for a week outside then it drops by twenty degrees in two days. Talk about shock.

...a little hot sauce should liven it up.