[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• Hi,

I bought this plugin to ensure the MRL Braids that I bought works well with G9 because with auto conversion, the morphs do not work anymore but so far it has not worked. Also, none of the hair that I have works as well, It just scans and returns no item to convert. I would like to know what the issue is and how it can be fixed ?

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,191
    edited June 2023

When converting Historical Hair and M3DMatt beard they crash Daz.

M3DMatt Crest Hair and Piercings Set for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males

https://www.daz3d.com/m3dmatt-crest-hair-and-piercings-set-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

Historical Hair for Genesis 8 and 3 Male(s)

https://www.daz3d.com/historical-hair-for-genesis-8-and-3-males

Post edited by RexRed on
    edited June 2023

Converter Issues

What am I doing wrong? All of my beards have come out in pieces and mangeled and none of the body hair is even close to where it is supposed to be.

Do I have the wrong conformer selected for body hair or something? I just used the default values.

None of the morphs or hidden morphs come close to correctring these issues.

The auto fit is far from perfect but it does work in a few cases.

Post edited by RexRed on
    edited June 2023

Convert Comparison

Yes, that is a crack in the skull cap traversing from one side to the other of the top of the head and the beard would not even convert.

All of the RSSY converted mustaches come in covering their mouth in the wrong place. It is like the geometry is wrong in the converters.

The reason why I bought this product was in hope that it might fix the "hair in the face" problem. It won't even convert those assets. 

Post edited by RexRed on

Side Part Hair

The converters shifted the hair but neither get it to the right place.

At lease the RSSY character can see where they is going.

Not sure if preserving the morphs for this hair was a greater task than getting the hair to position itself in the right place. 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

hi, Riversoft...

thanks to you and Sickleyield for releasing this!  it's purring its way through my first round of conversions right now.

i am wondering, though. the script isn't recognizing the hair items i've already converted from g3 to g8 as hair items, for some reason. any ideas or suggestions?

thanks!

j

The body hair has a conformer of short hair, shouldn't it have a bodysuit conformer?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Thank you very much, @RiverSoftArt

I am enjoying this converter a lot.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,373

tunde.famakinwa_5d565f45cc said:

Hi,

I bought this plugin to ensure the MRL Braids that I bought works well with G9 because with auto conversion, the morphs do not work anymore but so far it has not worked. Also, none of the hair that I have works as well, It just scans and returns no item to convert. I would like to know what the issue is and how it can be fixed ?

Mid and high-level ponytails that were originally moved with bones will lose that functionality during the conversion process.  The script adds rigged bones to hairs on conversion but the morphs are probably keyed off the original bones.

RexRed said:

When converting Historical Hair and M3DMatt beard they crash Daz.

M3DMatt Crest Hair and Piercings Set for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males

https://www.daz3d.com/m3dmatt-crest-hair-and-piercings-set-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

Historical Hair for Genesis 8 and 3 Male(s)

https://www.daz3d.com/historical-hair-for-genesis-8-and-3-males

There is a bug in Daz Studios AssetIOMgr and its save method, which can cause it to crash.  It would crash a lot on specific hairs for me.  This was happening INSIDE a Daz Studio call so there is not much I can do about it.  However, I figured out that I am able to get it to work on my machine if I have the script pause and process events.  This fix is a hack that may show on even slower machines where they cannot process all the events in time.  Go to data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG9HairConstants.dsa and open it in a text editor.  There is a variable:

var SAVE_DELAY              = 3000; // 3000 ms = 3 seconds... 

Make it longer. Say 10000?  (10 seconds)

RexRed said:

Converter Issues

What am I doing wrong? All of my beards have come out in pieces and mangeled and none of the body hair is even close to where it is supposed to be.

Do I have the wrong conformer selected for body hair or something? I just used the default values.

None of the morphs or hidden morphs come close to correctring these issues.

The auto fit is far from perfect but it does work in a few cases.

For the conformer, definitely change it to the Beard one if it isn't automatically selected.  Dialing back the Converter Morph can change the height of the beard.  Though beards can be converted by the script, because of limitations in the conversion process, open mouth expressions can possibly tear on the facial hair. 

edited June 2023

RexRed said:

Convert Comparison

Yes, that is a crack in the skull cap traversing from one side to the other of the top of the head and the beard would not even convert.

All of the RSSY converted mustaches come in covering their mouth in the wrong place. It is like the geometry is wrong in the converters.

The reason why I bought this product was in hope that it might fix the "hair in the face" problem. It won't even convert those assets. 

No idea why you have a crack in the head.  When you dial in the Converter Morph, does the crack appear or is it already there?  Though beards can be converted by the script, because of limitations in the conversion process, open mouth expressions can possibly tear on the facial hair.   If the hair converter does not work for you, please return it.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

RexRed said:

Side Part Hair

The converters shifted the hair but neither get it to the right place.

At lease the RSSY character can see where they is going.

Not sure if preserving the morphs for this hair was a greater task than getting the hair to position itself in the right place. 

That is a bizarre one.  Are you converting on a generic G9?  Did you delete the converted morphs before trying again?

RexRed said:

The body hair has a conformer of short hair, shouldn't it have a bodysuit conformer?

There is no bodysuit conformer.  I will ask SickleYield which is best.

edited June 2023

jardine said:

hi, Riversoft...

thanks to you and Sickleyield for releasing this!  it's purring its way through my first round of conversions right now.

i am wondering, though. the script isn't recognizing the hair items i've already converted from g3 to g8 as hair items, for some reason. any ideas or suggestions?

thanks!

You're welcome!

I would add those like it states in the manual:

The Hair Converter dialog does not show some hair items when adding to the list. The Hair Converter script automatically filters out all presets that do not have a content type of Follower/Hair. This is by design to avoid unknown files as this script has been carefully crafted to try and convert hair without errors as much as possible. If you are absolutely positive that a file is a hair item, you can turn off the Check Content Type option and use the Add Files… button to add those files. I

j

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Artini said:

Thank you very much, @RiverSoftArt

I am enjoying this converter a lot.

Awesome @Artini!  I am glad you like it.  Thank YOU for your support. smiley

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    RexRed said:

Body hair just won't work with this, generally. The converter really only recognizes neck up, so it assigns a random one, would be my guess.
    edited June 2023

SickleYield said:

RexRed said:

Body hair just won't work with this, generally. The converter really only recognizes neck up, so it assigns a random one, would be my guess.

Thank you for getting back to me on this, much appreciated!

The beards don't work, as well as the body hair. And I don't see a way to add a bodysuit conformer. frown

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RiverSoftArt said:

Hi,

Mid and high-level ponytails that were originally moved with bones will lose that functionality during the conversion process.  The script adds rigged bones to hairs on conversion but the morphs are probably keyed off the original bones.

The issue is, I cannot even select the the hair at all. So does this mean there is nothing that can be done to the hair type?

RiverSoftArt said:

Hi,

The issue is, I cannot even select the the hair at all. So does this mean there is nothing that can be done to the hair type?

If you mean you cannot add the hair to the list to convert.  From the manual:

The Hair Converter dialog does not show some hair items when adding to the list. The Hair Converter script automatically filters out all presets that do not have a content type of Follower/Hair. This is by design to avoid unknown files as this script has been carefully crafted to try and convert hair without errors as much as possible. If you are absolutely positive that a file is a hair item, you can turn off the Check Content Type option and use the Add Files… button to add those files. If you turn this option off, any file will be added. On execution, the script will load the file, whatever it is and whatever it does. The script will still only convert items that are hair on execution. Turning this option off is ONLY recommended if you are having trouble getting the script to recognize specific hair files

• SvenX7SvenX7 Posts: 6

Any chance we see a G9 to G8/G8.1 anytime soon? Would be nice to get some of the posing/morphs for G9 hairs working on the aforementioned.

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

The RSSY converters were the thing that got me into Genesis 8 and they worked so well.  Then I had to take a hiatus from my "Daz habit" due to life stuff happening.  So things changed again and it was time to start again and I figured why not try Genesis 9 since the converters for using my G8 stuff we're already there.  Unfortunately the first of the RSSY converters that I purchased ( the hair conversion tool of course) simply does not work for me at all.  I have read through this thread, tried all the solutions offered, and not one of my G8 hair products would convert.  I'm at my wits end with this.  Maybe I will give it another attempt in the future but for now it looks like I will be going back to G8 until more G9 products are created. Luckily there is still a good amount of content being created for those models.  This is in no way an attack on the product creators as the products they create are very high quality.  I am just saddened and frustrated.  Given my previous experience with the G3-G8 versions, I had all the faith in the world that this version would work. I will also keep watching this thread in hopes that an update happens. Then perhaps I will try again.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    Does the converter delete all custom bones in G8 hair, or just ponytail bones? For example OOT Caprice Hair has lots of movement bones and morphs to control them. Will those bones be preserved and the movement morphs still work on G9?

Artini said:

Converted https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wilona-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8

on Nikolai 9 from https://www.daz3d.com/nikolai-9-hd-mega-bundle

LOL.  Awesome looking!  Thanks for sharing.

SvenX7 said:

Any chance we see a G9 to G8/G8.1 anytime soon? Would be nice to get some of the posing/morphs for G9 hairs working on the aforementioned.

We haven't even discussed it yet.  I am sure we will do it but not when.

Daikatana said:

The RSSY converters were the thing that got me into Genesis 8 and they worked so well.  Then I had to take a hiatus from my "Daz habit" due to life stuff happening.  So things changed again and it was time to start again and I figured why not try Genesis 9 since the converters for using my G8 stuff we're already there.  Unfortunately the first of the RSSY converters that I purchased ( the hair conversion tool of course) simply does not work for me at all.  I have read through this thread, tried all the solutions offered, and not one of my G8 hair products would convert.  I'm at my wits end with this.  Maybe I will give it another attempt in the future but for now it looks like I will be going back to G8 until more G9 products are created. Luckily there is still a good amount of content being created for those models.  This is in no way an attack on the product creators as the products they create are very high quality.  I am just saddened and frustrated.  Given my previous experience with the G3-G8 versions, I had all the faith in the world that this version would work. I will also keep watching this thread in hopes that an update happens. Then perhaps I will try again.

The Hair converter works the best of the three G8 to G9 converters and converts most hair well except for body hair.  Please give me more information of what your issue is.  

barbult said:

Does the converter delete all custom bones in G8 hair, or just ponytail bones? For example OOT Caprice Hair has lots of movement bones and morphs to control them. Will those bones be preserved and the movement morphs still work on G9?

The way I undertand it, you will lose all the bones.  SickleYield added a lot of bones to give you some of that movement back on ponytails.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    Thanks for the clarification. The product page description is kind of misleading then, since it specifically and only mentions losing ponytail bones. It gave me hope that other bones would not be lost. I'm glad I asked.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874

Thanks, @RiverSoftArt.

I have bought recently cloth converter, so can play even more.