[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited October 2023

I converted Primavera Hair (the hair shown in your product main promo, I believe). The geoshells that were part of the original G8 hair appear to have been lost during conversion. I converted with Extra Long conformer, since Primavera is very long. It also ended up with a big gap at the top of the head, like what happened with Kala hair when I converted with the Short comformer. If I convert with the Normal hair conformer, there is not big gap at the top of the head (but geoshells are still lost). Of course when I convert with the Normal Hair conformer, I don't get the long hair bones. So. there is not good conformer choice answer here. Please investigate why the short and extra log conformers cause the top of the head gap.

Primavera no geoshell big gap at top.jpg
    1413 x 1418 - 375K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

If you're getting better result with AutoFit, you might be better off returning the product rather than suffering more frustration. It's not that we don't want to help, it's that I literally don't have the same problem. I didn't do some weird magic trick with Primavera hair for the promo, I'm pretty sure I just converted it with the Regular conformer and used it without the geoshells. It's almost never worth using anything but the Regular conformer with dForce hair because dForce hair seldom has "real" geometry, it's grown as procedural type strands off a cap. There are a few hairs by for e.g. AprilYSH that have dForce and movement morphs, but they are the exception, not the rule. I would swear the manual does say this.

SickleYield said:

If you're getting better result with AutoFit, you might be better off returning the product rather than suffering more frustration. It's not that we don't want to help, it's that I literally don't have the same problem. I didn't do some weird magic trick with Primavera hair for the promo, I'm pretty sure I just converted it with the Regular conformer and used it without the geoshells. It's almost never worth using anything but the Regular conformer with dForce hair because dForce hair seldom has "real" geometry, it's grown as procedural type strands off a cap. There are a few hairs by for e.g. AprilYSH that have dForce and movement morphs, but they are the exception, not the rule. I would swear the manual does say this.

Thank you for responding, SickleYield. Primavera Hair is a Linday polygonal geometry cloth-based dForce hair. It is not strand-based dForce hair. The Swept Wetlook Hair is regular OOT hair, not dForce at all. I am a fan of RiverSoftArt and SickleYield products and own a lot of them. This converter is very convenient and has excellent features, like setting the metadata and creating a product from the conversion. I was hoping that the converted results could be improved, by offering specific examples of things that don't work as expected. But if you don't experience the same issues, I see that my examples don't help.

• barbult said:

SickleYield said:

Thank you for responding, SickleYield. Primavera Hair is a Linday polygonal geometry cloth-based dForce hair. It is not strand-based dForce hair. The Swept Wetlook Hair is regular OOT hair, not dForce at all. I am a fan of RiverSoftArt and SickleYield products and own a lot of them. This converter is very convenient and has excellent features, like setting the metadata and creating a product from the conversion. I was hoping that the converted results could be improved, by offering specific examples of things that don't work as expected. But if you don't experience the same issues, I see that my examples don't help.

If you have access to another clean DS on another system or in a VM, you could convert it also in there (to avoid whatever is borking it up).  Then you copy the results back to your main DS (where you already converted it so you have nice metadata) and see if that cleans it up.

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

SickleYield said:

If you have access to another clean DS on another system or in a VM, you could convert it also in there (to avoid whatever is borking it up).  Then you copy the results back to your main DS (where you already converted it so you have nice metadata) and see if that cleans it up.

I can try to install it on my husband's computer some time when he is not using it. Thanks for the suggestion.

• barbult said:

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

SickleYield said:

I can try to install it on my husband's computer some time when he is not using it. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're welcome!

My husband was on a business trip last week, so I was able to use his computer. I installed DS, Genesis 8 and 9 starter essentials, and a few G8 hairs. Unfortunately the converter behaves the same on his computer as it does on mine. For example, when I convert Winfield's Karla Hair with the Short Hair conformer, there is a big bald spot on top of her head. With the Regular Hair conformer it works OK. I don't know why you and SickleYield don't see the same issues. Anyway, I guess it is what it is. I'll use it for what it can do and use other methods for what it can't do.

• barbult said:

My husband was on a business trip last week, so I was able to use his computer. I installed DS, Genesis 8 and 9 starter essentials, and a few G8 hairs.

I hope he doesn't mind Genesis 8 and 9 traipsing over his computer laugh

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

My husband was on a business trip last week, so I was able to use his computer. I installed DS, Genesis 8 and 9 starter essentials, and a few G8 hairs.

No, I had his permission to do it. I chose well 48 years ago!

• barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I am sorry that we can't see and fix your issue. sad (And happy for you that you have another reason to be happy about your decision 48 years ago.  Congratulations smiley)

RiverSoftArt said:

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I am sorry that we can't see and fix your issue. sad (And happy for you that you have another reason to be happy about your decision 48 years ago.  Congratulations smiley)

Thanks for your good wishes. smiley

• Exactly the same issue a others here.
    I must admit I'm a bit tired of all the bugs with the different converters (character, hair... nothing works as expected). Sorry, I don't want to be rude, of course, just tired :) I'm just now wondering if I really want to change to G9 char xD

Capture d'écran 2023-12-21 à 19.04.44.png
    996 x 778 - 717K
  • Jeremion said:

Exactly the same issue a others here.
    I must admit I'm a bit tired of all the bugs with the different converters (character, hair... nothing works as expected). Sorry, I don't want to be rude, of course, just tired :) I'm just now wondering if I really want to change to G9 char xD

We are trying to figure something out....

• RiverSoftArt said:

Jeremion said:

Exactly the same issue a others here.

We are trying to figure something out....

While we wait for RSA to figure something out, one could use this tutorial to fit G8 hair to G9. It works quite well, even for non-poseable hair

• What have I done wrong? If I choose the directry everything is skipped and when I do files individually it cant find the files. What can I do to fix this?

RSSY Haircv Log.png
    1327 x 874 - 162K
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372

jrcuevas47 said:

What have I done wrong? If I choose the directry everything is skipped and when I do files individually it cant find the files. What can I do to fix this?

For the first one (Twin Buns), I would need the Daz Log to say more but it looks like it cannot find the preset (as if it has been deleted).  The next conversion you try is on a MATERIAL, and of course, this does not work.

Submitted an update today:

• Improved Hair Conversion Method supporting more hair types
    • Improved conversion morphs
    • Changed Search behavior to a filter behavior
    • Changed Select Conformer dialog to use radio buttons
    • Fixed Edit Content Type Conformer dialog
    • Fixed dialog to select Beard conformer for Facial hair
    • Updated Manual
  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Thank you, I assume hair's like Voltya hair are now conversion quality?

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Sorry, I do not have a Voltya hair to check if it converts properly

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Derp, VOLTA Hair.

Its a hair that sliiightly curls back and so the converter thinks the curl part should stay in the air.

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Derp, VOLTA Hair.

Its a hair that sliiightly curls back and so the converter thinks the curl part should stay in the air.

It converts Volta Hair, which doesn't seem to have many morphs, but looks good to me:

Volta Hair.png
    512 x 512 - 276K

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Derp, VOLTA Hair.

It converts Volta Hair, which doesn't seem to have many morphs, but looks good to me:

Does it warp if you pose the figure? Because that was my issue.

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Derp, VOLTA Hair.

In that screenshot, I twisted and bent the neck/head.  I didn't see any warp.  I didn't do any other pose though.

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Derp, VOLTA Hair.

In that screenshot, I twisted and bent the neck/head.  I didn't see any warp.  I didn't do any other pose though.

This is the type of deformation I've seen.

hair derp.png
    574 x 591 - 71K

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Derp, VOLTA Hair.

Not seeing it smiley 

2024-02-04_06-40-55.jpg
    1335 x 1374 - 174K

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Derp, VOLTA Hair.

Not seeing it smiley 

Welp, time to reconvert the hair then! Or are you using the updated script?

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

• Updated Manual

Derp, VOLTA Hair.

Not seeing it smiley 

Welp, time to reconvert the hair then! Or are you using the updated script?

You will have to wait until the update is out (it is in Daz's hands).  Make sure you delete the data folder of the hair before reconverting.  The new method is not forgiving when converting something twice.

edited February 4

Eboshijaana said:

I'm using DS 4.22.1.74 Public Build. Yes, I see tha same kind of deformation. This is with the original version of the converter. The update is not in DIM yet.

Volta dforce hair has bones. The converted hair does not move those bones with the hair when the character is posed.

If I simulate the hair from memorized pose, those bones seem to be ignored and the hair simulates pretty well.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 150935 Volta Conversion.jpg
    1413 x 761 - 180K
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 152306 G9 Volta dForce hair bones.jpg
    1425 x 828 - 201K
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 151947 Volta Simulate from Memorized Pose.jpg
    1247 x 751 - 132K
    edited February 6

The update is in DIM now. I installed it. I deleted the old converted data folder and the folder with the duf file. I converted Volta hair for G8M with the Normal Regular Hair conformer. It looks good in the viewport. It no longer gets stuck when posing the character's spine (bend twist side-side). smileyHowever, it won't simulate now. sadWhen I try to run the dForce simulation, it always displays an error and does nothing.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 211145 Converted Volta Hair sim error.jpg
    1396 x 1329 - 301K
    Screenshot 2024-02-05 211325 Converted Volta hair settings.jpg
    581 x 1225 - 129K
    edited February 6

I converted Ezra hair, which I had never converted before. It won't simulate after conversion either. Is dForce simulation of converted hair broken in the updated script?

The Ezra Hair for G8M still simulates fine on G8M, so it is not a problem of my computer not being able to simulate dForce Hair.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 213651 Convereted Ezra Hair sim error.jpg
    813 x 1001 - 133K