Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,011

Venomisbeauty said:

I totally agree with complains....my punchcard was full, it was expected to announce the end of this kind of sale promotion in advance. False start of this year by Daz is complete with not-working "wishlist sale".

Not-working "wishlist sale"?

It was working for me, although I didn't buy anything 

• backgroundbackground Posts: 379

A 'new' item today 'Washtub' has no vendor. This was previously available at Renderosity by Pamawo when it was called 'Washtub for Ds'. It would be nice if there was some indication in the store that this is not really a new product, to avoid confusion.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,214

background said:

A 'new' item today 'Washtub' has no vendor. This was previously available at Renderosity by Pamawo when it was called 'Washtub for Ds'. It would be nice if there was some indication in the store that this is not really a new product, to avoid confusion.

Probably cuz it's debuting here. 

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited January 2

The DAZ-PLUS-DEALS coupon from the orange banner doesn't specify that it doesn't apply to new-release Daz+ items, but will say the coupon is invalid if you try. It's working on non-new ones just fine. Also, the wishlist sale doesn't stack with the coupon, though again there is no specification of that.

Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on
  • Shouldn't there be 2 new items (Monthly and Weekly) on the Daz+ page since it's the beginning of the month?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

It should, likely a bug that need to be fixed. The two items are:

marcus.ames said:

The DAZ-PLUS-DEALS coupon from the orange banner doesn't specify that it doesn't apply to new-release Daz+ items, but will say the coupon is invalid if you try. It's working on non-new ones just fine. Also, the wishlist sale doesn't stack with the coupon, though again there is no specification of that.

I'll ask for clarification. 

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Shouldn't there be 2 new items (Monthly and Weekly) on the Daz+ page since it's the beginning of the month?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8531216/#Comment_8531216 

marcus.ames said:

It applies to the selection that opens from the banner/message, not all Daz+ items. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

I have Ikuinen and VRV Gemma Jewelry for Genesis 9, 8.1, and 8 Females along with both of the new free items in my cart and tried the code and it rejected it. And both are in that selection in the linked in the orange banner. My purchase is not dependent on a discount, but it would be nice.

memcneil70 said:

I have Ikuinen and VRV Gemma Jewelry for Genesis 9, 8.1, and 8 Females along with both of the new free items in my cart and tried the code and it rejected it. And both are in that selection in the linked in the orange banner. My purchase is not dependent on a discount, but it would be nice.

Behind this link?
    https://www.daz3d.com/unlock-daz-plus-deals

I don't see either amongst the selection

Doesn't specify "select" Daz+ products, though, so the blanket application is implied.

marcus.ames said:

Doesn't specify "select" Daz+ products, though, so the blanket application is implied.

Yeah, that's Daz...

Whenever there is a button in such a promotion/message, the selection it leads to, is the one valid for the discount.

• PerttiA said:

marcus.ames said:

Yeah, that's Daz...

Whenever there is a button in such a promotion/message, the selection it leads to, is the one valid for the discount.

Ain't it just?

There was a 'store wide' sale yesterday with a button linking to a list that wasn't actually store wide (anything that could stack was missing). Raised it twice with no acknowledgement. Feels like it could be a new sales tactic? Key word there is feels, as in that's how I felt.

What I know is that it was a great motivator to keeping my purse strings tied as I dumped a cart that was over $400. Admittedly, I probably would've pruned it by half, but I didn't get that far along because of the sour taste in my mouth. I don't care if I'm not interested in a sale, but I do care if spend time exploring a sale that isn't what it purports to be.

Today's voucher banner may not be quite like that, but I can see how the wording can be construed as not entirely accurate and could waste people's time. And here I am wasting more time explaining how others' and my own time has been wasted laugh

• Store-wide means from all sections, generally, niot necessarily every item.

PerttiA said:

memcneil70 said:

Behind this link?
    https://www.daz3d.com/unlock-daz-plus-deals

I don't see either amongst the selection

My orange banner only had the link 'new release'. I don't see that link at all. Was it on another page? 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

memcneil70 said:

My orange banner only had the link 'new release'. I don't see that link at all. Was it on another page? 

It's on the 'Shop now' button.

Yeah, I saw that and a cloudfair error ate my comment. And none of the choices are on my wishlist. Oh well.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

Richard Haseltine said:

Store-wide means from all sections, generally, niot necessarily every item.

If it's in the store, it should be in the sale.  That's what store-wide means to those speaking plain English.   

So, by DAZ's definition, world-wide does not mean in all the world?   Hmmmmm...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842

DanaTA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

If it's in the store, it should be in the sale.  That's what store-wide means to those speaking plain English.   

The Daz usage of the word complies with online dictionaries. By the way, storewide is not a hyphenated word.

According to Merriam-Webster:

storewide

adjective

store·​wide ˈstȯr-ˈwīd 

: including all or most merchandise in a store

a storewide sale

According to Dictionary.com:

storewide

[ stawr-wahyd, stohr- ]

adjective

1. applying to all the merchandise or all the departments within a store: the annual storewide clearance sale. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    edited January 2

barbult said:

DanaTA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The Daz usage of the word complies with online dictionaries. By the way, storewide is not a hyphenated word.

According to Merriam-Webster:

storewide

adjective

store·​wide ˈstȯr-ˈwīd 

: including all or most merchandise in a store

a storewide sale

According to Dictionary.com:

storewide

[ stawr-wahyd, stohr- ]

adjective

1. applying to all the merchandise or all the departments within a store: the annual storewide clearance sale. 

All or most.  All.  If all the departments, I would think it meant all in the departments, unless specified. Were execptions specified?

I'll say no more on this particular conversation.  (notice the specification)

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389
    edited January 2

background said:

[Drat] I already had it, I bought it 3 years ago Shopping is getting harder and harder with vendors having the same items in multiple stores and at different prices

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 335
    edited January 3

Today's sale looks like it could be interesting, but I'm unsure on the math. For example, artist stores have 50% off.

Adding two new releases triggers an extra 50% off = 75% off.

If that item is in your wishlist, another 50% off = 87.5% off.

Because the wishlist sale is still going, another 30% off for stuff on your wishlist = 91.25% off.

I'm seeing 89% off on wishlist items, which would be correct if the wishlist sale was for 15% extra off. Instead, it seems like the two wishlist discounts could be interacting with one another before they're applied to the cart price. If my math is correct, of course.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on

That, and it should include things added to the wishlist yesterday, including new releases, per the * Items must be in your wishlist before 1/02/2024 23:59:59. Items must be in your cart simultaniously for discount to apply. Cannot be used to discount items already owned. However, that is not the case.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Today's sale looks like it could be interesting, but I'm unsure on the math. For example, artist stores have 50% off.

Because the wishlist sale is still going, another 30% off for stuff on your wishlist = 91.25% off.

I'm seeing 89% off on wishlist items, which would be correct if the wishlist sale was for 15% extra off. Instead, it seems like the two wishlist discounts could be interacting with one another before they're applied to the cart price. If my math is correct, of course.

Two new releases or three?  Two only triggers 45% off/45% off  

• Fixmypcmike said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Two new releases or three?  Two only triggers 45% off/45% off  

Ah! I had 2 from today's plus 1 from the wishlist new releases, not 3 from today's sale.

Was already seeing some very nice prices, but now that Ive added a third item from today, they're even better. Thanks!

Yeah, ya gotta get all your ducks in a row, but you can get some sweet deals, it looks like.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Problem with large sale wishlist 50% if in cart with 3 featured new releases.  I put 3 random featured new releases in my cart and an item from my wishlist (UltraScenery: Ultimate Guide), but my cart only shows a 30% discount, not 50%.  The product, Ultrascenery: Ultimate Guide, has been in my wishlist for months.  The three featured new releases were chosen from the featured new release area.

daz cart problem only 30 percent off.png
    831 x 693 - 109K
    daz cart problem only 30 percent off 2.png
    731 x 416 - 310K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Diomede said:

Problem with large sale wishlist 50% if in cart with 3 featured new releases.  I put 3 random featured new releases in my cart and an item from my wishlist (UltraScenery: Ultimate Guide), but my cart only shows a 30% discount, not 50%.  The product, Ultrascenery: Ultimate Guide, has been in my wishlist for months.  The three featured new releases were chosen from the featured new release area.

Yes, a lot of my wishlist items are not receiving the discount from having a featured new release in my cart even though they have  been on my wishlist for weeks.

Diomede said:

It looks like the exclusions under Featured Artists apply to all those discounts "Excludes New Releases and Daz+ Items"
    The "Ultrascenery: Ultimate Guide" is New item.

This discussion has been closed.