Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889

Charlie Judge said:

...Many of us purchased items yesterday in the belief that doing so would give us a punch for today...

This. Punches were still advertised in the last 3 days and earned punches should be active until they expire naturally, not just taken away. If that was the intention, it should have been notified that punches will end on the 1st in advance.

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 281

Since there was no announcement that punch card sales were ending today, I purchased an item yesterday. Also, I can't find the Advent calendar boxes for January 1st and 2nd. I hate to complain about discounts, but I think it really misleads customers and is not a good business concept

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

It was stated on the sales page that yesterday was the last day of the holidays sale though. The punch card was part of that sale, so it's not really surprising to see it gone.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842

Leana said:

It was stated on the sales page that yesterday was the last day of the holidays sale though. The punch card was part of that sale, so it's not really surprising to see it gone.

A lot of people are surprised to see it gone. Expecially since the cart still says it is active. Daz can't have it both ways.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 335
    edited January 1

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Daz Original Storewide Sale is not storewide. It excludes Daz Original items that are in the featured artists sale. Very annoying because I've spend 45 minutes figuring that out. Nothing I can see in Daz's copy says it excludes any particular DO products, but it does. I even found one instance of an outfit where some parts of it are in the DO 'store wide' sale and the rest of it are in the artists sale.

I guess I'm the only one bothered by this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a departure from how Daz sales work? The best sales have been those when offers stack, but these two don't interact at all and there's no text that I can see that excludes stacking.

Edit: It'd also be a bigger discount than punch cards, which is why I'm trying not to be distracted by that.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Cris Palomino said:

Fixmypcmike said:

Cris Palomino said:

Make sure you're on the correct sales page. 

https://www.daz3d.com/new-year-wishlist-sale

Punchcard sale is over.

Yes, but the graphic still appears on the checkout page

Daz is checking into it. 

What they should do is honor what they advertise. 

Agreed. The graphic is also still in my cart but I am not getting the discount. Plus if it is over there was no warning; Many of us purchased items yesterday in the belief that doing so would give us a punch for today. Without the discount (or tokens reinstated) my wallet is now CLOSED!

Yesterday's sale graphic also showed Advent calender boxes for Jan 1 and Jan 2. There are none now. That was also certainly misleading. Daz sure goes out if its way to alienate customers by advertising something and then pulling the rug. 

They don't just go out of their way; they go above and beyond the call to alienate us. The January 1 & 2 boxes were why I assumed that things were continuing. I will change my behaviour since Daz will not change theirs. 

• Alley RatAlley Rat Posts: 390

I kind of assumed the extra boxes were just fallout from the script. I was already surprised and grateful that the advent calendar didn't stop at Christmas. DAZ is easily the most experimental store with sales, I can't imagine it is easy finding documentation or coming up with the script for their sales ideas as constantly as they do. In the instances where mistakes do occur, the customer often comes out ahead (and when they don't, DAZ almost always if not always makes it right).

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Strange Voyager said:

I kind of assumed the extra boxes were just fallout from the script. I was already surprised and grateful that the advent calendar didn't stop at Christmas. DAZ is easily the most experimental store with sales, I can't imagine it is easy finding documentation or coming up with the script for their sales ideas as constantly as they do. In the instances where mistakes do occur, the customer often comes out ahead (and when they don't, DAZ almost always if not always makes it right).

Fair point, but no script is needed to type the text "Last day for punch discounts."

• Alley RatAlley Rat Posts: 390

I assume this was all set up before everyone "left" for the holidays. My rate for remembering everything pre-launch is not 100% as a writer or programmer. Remember that the staff are human..

xyer0 said:

Fair point, but no script is needed to type the text "Last day for punch discounts."

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Agreed. The graphic is also still in my cart but I am not getting the discount. Plus if it is over there was no warning; Many of us purchased items yesterday in the belief that doing so would give us a punch for today. Without the discount (or tokens reinstated) my wallet is now CLOSED!

I must say that I was astonished the Holiday Sale was over, partly because DAZ has a habit of extending for "ONE MORE DAY",  but also because today just happens to be a holiday.  I expected it to last until Tuesday (if not longer!).

Why would I be impressed with the current sale, as my W/L items are now more expensive in the cart than they were yesterday??? no

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

Strange Voyager said:

I assume this was all set up before everyone "left" for the holidays. My rate for remembering everything pre-launch is not 100% as a writer or programmer. Remember that the staff are human..

xyer0 said:

No matter the size of the shop, usually, rules are set in place how to deal with holidays and vacation days.  Don't put something live and then go home for an extended period (even a few days).  Test it before going live, with real end users.  It's not that difficult.  Buy a couple of inexpensive computers for web testing of the store, have people who are not programmers do the testing.  It's not rocket science. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868
    edited January 1

The staff may want to have another pass at the RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer page. https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-ultimate-clothing-fixer-genesis-9

The "What's included" section can't possibly be meant to look like that; it's in a spreadsheet format that disconnects items from their headings.

rssy clothing fixer problem

rssyclothingfixer.jpg
    1656 x 227 - 26K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Cris Palomino said:

barbult said:

Cris Palomino said:

Fixmypcmike said:

Cris Palomino said:

Punchcard sale is over.

Daz is checking into it. 

It's a code issue and can't be fixed atm. 

Then DAZ should honor the punch card discount since it is still showing in the cart ! 

• Punch cards and advents aside, the base wishlist sale is not working as advertised either.  It says the extra triggers with any new release over $5, but I can only get it to got with something that came out TODAY.  And even then it's not applying to the whole cart.

• Charlie Judge said:

Cris Palomino said:

barbult said:

Cris Palomino said:

Fixmypcmike said:

Cris Palomino said:

Punchcard sale is over.

Daz is checking into it. 

It's a code issue and can't be fixed atm. 

Then DAZ should honor the punch card discount since it is still showing in the cart ! 

Every day at my work, I honor - or get my manager to honor - deals on our app that don't work correctly or at all because there's a glitch, bad coding, or other programming issue.

• Punch is still displayed in cart, yet not applied to the price tag, so i'd assume there is an error here...

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411

Definitely missleading. Not buying anything today. Maybe I will have some weeks of abstinence now. Time to use what I have bought.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

I've been slowing my buying here for awhile, and this sort of stuff really affects me. It gives me reason to slow even more. As I said elsewhere, I have been buying to keep the punchcard full in the hope the last day of December and New Years Day would result in a huge bonus sale, but nothing. Even worse, the Wishlist items are mostly at 20% off and way less than during the December sales. I didn;t buy them then, so I'm surely not buying them at 20% off. I'm going to be saving today for sure. 

• The punch counter has now been removed from the cart, with apologies for the delay.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806

The punch counter has now been removed from the cart, with apologies for the delay.

All items have been removed from my cart. No apology will be forthcoming....
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

WandW said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The punch counter has now been removed from the cart, with apologies for the delay.

All items have been removed from my cart. No apology will be forthcoming....

Same here. My wallet is closed. Maybe if nobody makes any purchases DAZ will reconsider and make up for the error. If not there is nothing I can't live without.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

Too bad that the products from Strangefate I was waiting for did not come out earlier. Anyhow. Won't purchase today. DAZ made me spend a little every day waiting for a big finale which never came. Doesn't matter much. External SDD is already filled to the max. I can live without new stuff for a while.

Just looked at my wishlist...a bunch of things are listed as Inactive!  Some are Genesis 8 items.  Did another vendor or two jump ship again?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

DanaTA said:

Just looked at my wishlist...a bunch of things are listed as Inactive!  Some are Genesis 8 items.  Did another vendor or two jump ship again?

Most recently, Hypertaf and Sade.

• I totally agree with complains....my punchcard was full, it was expected to announce the end of this kind of sale promotion in advance. False start of this year by Daz is complete with not-working "wishlist sale".

vwrangler said:

DanaTA said:

Don't know who created these things...can't see in the listing because they're unavailable!  Three are cute animal things:

1. Pudgy the Corgin
    2. Pufflet the Bunny
    3. Moshi the Kitten

then: 

1. dForce Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 Males
    2. Leon Hair and Beards for Genesis 8 Male(s)
    3. Dark Skin Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    4. Ladina Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)
    5. Nera Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)
    6. Worlds Of Fantasy : Island Castle
    7. Winter Kingdom: Castle Ruins (which I believe is a Stonemason thing...and I know he hasn't left)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

DanaTA said:

vwrangler said:

DanaTA said:

Don't know who created these things...can't see in the listing because they're unavailable!  Three are cute animal things:

1. Pudgy the Corgin
    2. Pufflet the Bunny
    3. Moshi the Kitten

Those three are by Hypertaf, who is now at 3DShards

1. Winter Kingdom: Castle Ruins (which I believe is a Stonemason thing...and I know he hasn't left)

Stonemason hasn't left, but he does periodically retire old items.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

Today's Wash Tub is another item with no listed author that appears to be by PAMAWO.

Gordig said:

DanaTA said:

vwrangler said:

DanaTA said:

1. Pudgy the Corgin
    2. Pufflet the Bunny
    3. Moshi the Kitten

Those three are by Hypertaf, who is now at 3DShards

1. Winter Kingdom: Castle Ruins (which I believe is a Stonemason thing...and I know he hasn't left)

Stonemason hasn't left, but he does periodically retire old items.

Thanks.  Deleted those three from my wishlist. 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,216

Gordig said:

Today's Wash Tub is another item with no listed author that appears to be by PAMAWO.

will report 

This discussion has been closed.