Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• Cris Palomino said:

dziemian.pawel said:

NorthOf45 said:

Have you checked the actual shopping cart? That popup never shows the actual price.

In this instance, I would say you need to put in a ticket as we are now at 1) a weekend, 2) the holidays. 

Ok, thanks. Any idea why you guys are facing almost daily problems with your promotions/prices? I remember this being a constant thing at least from the time I've joined in 2021

• dziemian.pawel said:

Cris Palomino said:

dziemian.pawel said:

NorthOf45 said:

Have you checked the actual shopping cart? That popup never shows the actual price.

In this instance, I would say you need to put in a ticket as we are now at 1) a weekend, 2) the holidays. 

Ok, thanks. Any idea why you guys are facing almost daily problems with your promotions/prices? I remember this being a constant thing at least from the time I've joined in 2021

Big sales, in particular, have so many facets to them that sometimes conflicts occur, rule failures, any number of things can happen. We do try to catch them, and holidays are even harder cuz people have an expectation to be able to spend them with family and friends. 

• The Artist Stores page (https://www.daz3d.com/christmas-eve-artists#index=0&order=popular^1&filtered=1) has 14 Inactive items. Easy to see when sorted Low-High. I noticed this yesterday as well.

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

The Artist Stores page (https://www.daz3d.com/christmas-eve-artists#index=0&order=popular^1&filtered=1) has 14 Inactive items. Easy to see when sorted Low-High. I noticed this yesterday as well.

Will report 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868
    edited December 2023

Don't know if this is the right place to report, but the store search engine is more than usually broken. I tried to do a search for "assassin" to refresh my memory on what items were in the Assassin 8.1 megabundle. Turns out that searching for "assassin" (or "Assassin", because some searches in this store are sometimes case sensitive) brings up one and only one item ... and it's not the Assassin 8.1 bundle, or that character. Or today's new item.

According to a Google search, there should be at least 30 different items with the word "assassin" in them. I don't know if it's an indexing failure or what, but something with the store search engine is clearly not working properly.

Search tried with both the most recent version of Firefox and a Chromium browser on the most recent update of Windows 10. Both logged in and logged out. All they ever got was the V4 version of AssasSIN.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited December 2023

vwrangler said:

Don't know if this is the right place to report, but the store search engine is more than usually broken. I tried to do a search for "assassin" to refresh my memory on what items were in the Assassin 8.1 megabundle. Turns out that searching for "assassin" (or "Assassin", because some searches in this store are sometimes case sensitive) brings up one and only one item ... and it's not the Assassin 8.1 bundle, or that character. Or today's new item.

According to a Google search, there should be at least 30 different items with the word "assassin" in them. I don't know if it's an indexing failure or what, but something with the store search engine is clearly not working properly.

Search tried with both the most recent version of Firefox and a Chromium browser on the most recent update of Windows 10. Both logged in and logged out. All they ever got was the V4 version of AssasSIN.

Try searching on "assassins". 

There's something about the Daz store search functionality that a single word search that has an exact match only wants to return that one hit. 

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • murgatroyd314 said:

All of the main promotional images on the sale page are broken for me. If I try to open any of them in a new window, they try to download instead of displaying. Inspecting the source shows that all the non-working images are in .webp format. Please remind the web devs that they need to test in non-Chromium browsers.

This seemed to be resolved yesterday, but it's broken again today. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

paulawp (marahzen) said:

vwrangler said:

There's something about the Daz store search functionality that a single word search that has an exact match only wants to return that one hit. 

... It doesn't even make sense that this works. It hits a one-to-one single word match, and then just stops looking. No search engine should work that way, but this one does, apparently.

Thank you for letting me know what the solution was.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited December 2023

vwrangler said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

vwrangler said:

... It doesn't even make sense that this works. It hits a one-to-one single word match, and then just stops looking. No search engine should work that way, but this one does, apparently.

Thank you for letting me know what the solution was.

Actually, I just confirmed it's not just single word hits. Try a search on "handbags" and you'll get a small assortment of hits including  "The Handbag" and "OziStyle for The Handbag". An actual search on:

the handbag

returns only "The Handbag." My best guess is that the Daz store search does a fuzzier search if it gets no exact hits (hence, getting hits on products that contain the word "Handbag" and "Handbags" from the search on the latter, which has no exact match). But if it gets an exact match on the search string, it stops there and displays the result. This is a reproducible bug that I would write up and send it to development, except I work for a completely unrelated software company.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Dear mods, I know this is not a technical store issue, but do you maybe see a chance to bring it to DAZ's attention that not all of us are that much interested in SciFi? The 2.99 items have been exclusively SciFi stuff for 4 days in a row now. That seems a tiny bit unbalanced to me. Maybe there's an algorithm involved that needs a little kick in the behind? 
    Thank you, and I hope you had / have nice holidays!

• tsroemi said:

Dear mods, I know this is not a technical store issue, but do you maybe see a chance to bring it to DAZ's attention that not all of us are that much interested in SciFi? The 2.99 items have been exclusively SciFi stuff for 4 days in a row now. That seems a tiny bit unbalanced to me. Maybe there's an algorithm involved that needs a little kick in the behind? 

You can also try sending feedback with a ticket. I'd probably do it as sales support since it's sales related. And happiest of holidays to you.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited December 2023
    "Today only we’re bringing back 3 Holiday freebies"

Seems to be the same three as yesterday, I think? Could be intended, but until now it's been a different set everyday, with one new freebie each day, so maybe a mistake to be repeating these today?
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

doubledeviant said:

Seems to be the same three as yesterday, I think? Could be intended, but until now it's been a different set everyday, with one new freebie each day, so maybe a mistake to be repeating these today?

Christmas is over, no more presents crying 

• doubledeviant said:

I have sent in an inquiry. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Cris Palomino said:

tsroemi said:

You can also try sending feedback with a ticket. I'd probably do it as sales support since it's sales related. And happiest of holidays to you.

Thank you, that's a good idea! 

• Cris Palomino said:

dziemian.pawel said:

NorthOf45 said:

My last ticket is still not resolved, yet another situation like that happens:

FREE ADVENT CALENDAR ITEM1.JPG
    984 x 685 - 90K
    FREE ADVENT CALENDAR ITEM01.JPG
    1477 x 897 - 111K
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

cannot log into DIM..others having same problem

no log.jpg
    642 x 469 - 43K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

daveso said:

cannot log into DIM..others having same problem

Same here - just love the way Daz can screw so many things up. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

Same here.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

DanaTA said:

Same here.

Same again ....

I found a strange thing...may be related...I was logged out of the website.  But a refresh changed that.  But the DIM is still not reponding to loggin request.  sad

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

Just bought two items. PayPal took the money but Daz is stuck on the processing page. (5 minutes+)

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,625

JamieM said:

Just bought two items. PayPal took the money but Daz is stuck on the processing page. (5 minutes+)

Ditto! 

I guess I'm lucky...got 3 free items, checkout worked.  DIM is not working, though.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Buying with Store Credit works as does manual downloading

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,518

Did we ever hear back from Daz about the missing freebie today?  It would just seem strange to stop today, not Christmas or the end of the month or the end of the week even.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587

DD PBR Metal Grille Shaders for Iray Vol 1 is expensive for a Daz Originals / Daz Plus item, only 30% off.

Is it normal ?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Fae3D said:

Did we ever hear back from Daz about the missing freebie today?  It would just seem strange to stop today, not Christmas or the end of the month or the end of the week even.

It would make sense that the freebies stopped on the last day of Christmas (26th). I'm surprised that the Advent Calendar is still going. 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Wondering why my $1.65 purchase yesterday didn't refill my third punch

This discussion has been closed.