The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• Observation: It's cleaning day. The ADHD kicked in big time. It was supposed to be simple vacuuming, but then I just had to open the cupboard where I keep my old externals. So I pulled them out to get at the dust bunnies, but it was like a dog seeing a squirrel. Now I have the contents of the cupboard strewn about the floor, the dog beside me staring beseechingly at me with her toy in her mouth (it was playtime hours ago), and a grumbling stomach because I haven't eaten yet today. Apparently, the hyper-fixation has kicked in because I simply MUST find one particular file. (This would be a good place to insert emojis not available in these forums like rolling eyes or head-desk...just sayin'.) On the plus side, I found some cool stuff I had forgotten about. Cleaning is my frenemy.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2023

Order Date: 2010-01-19

the ones I didn't have

Hiro would be https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_3226

and I ended up rebuying him as he was in a free bundle on Download.com so didn't grab him again when free

then I lost the download

Order.png
    1621 x 689 - 84K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • LeatherGryphon said:

A friend called (not texted) me and invited me for a birthday lunch.  Wheee, she made roast beast, real mashed po-TAY-toes, and real squashed squash.  Mmmm...  Complete with lumps in everything including the gravy.yes

Sounds AMAZING!

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,901
    edited November 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the ones I didn't have

and I ended up rebuying him as he was in a free bundle on Download.com so didn't grab him again when free

then I lost the download

I do not have that. My old acount was under a different name, which I no longer even remember the sign in, so... if it was then, I'm probably still SOL. crying

I wonder if there's some way someone could check for me? I thought I only got a couple things on that acount. I remember at least one of them... Idk

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • Well, I've dropped a ticket to see if they can find my old account and check that for me.... maybe this could all work out! smiley

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited November 2023

JasmineSkunk said:

I do not have that. My old acount was under the name Wynocent, which I no longer even remember the sign in, so... if it was then, I'm probably still SOL. crying

I wonder if there's some way someone could check for me? I thought I only got a couple things on that acount. I remember at least one of them... Idk

I had an ancient account that I didn't remember the password and didn't have access to the email anymore.

I wrote a ticket and after quite a lot of explaining, support changed the account to a newly created email.

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited November 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the ones I didn't have

then I lost the download

Actually no... That can't be right because I've had this account since 2008, and your purchase order is dated for 2010... If that occurred in 2010... I definitely would have had this account.

Now I'm VERY confused! AND I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT EMOJI!!!! crying

LOLlaugh

edited November 2023

No.. Wait....

I found that order, but for some inexplicable reason, Hiro 3.0 is not there! NOW I'm REALLY confused! Literally EVERY other character is there! It was a HUGE order. And I know I had him before because his .obj was still in my old geometry folder.

Untitled1.jpg
    1740 x 752 - 261K
    Untitled 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 392K
    Untitled 3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 345K
  • JasmineSkunk said:

No.. Wait....

I found that order, but for some inexplicable reason, Hiro 3.0 is not there! NOW I'm REALLY confused! Literally EVERY other character is there! It was a HUGE order. And I know I had him before because his .obj was still in my old geometry folder.

you probably had him like I did from that starter bundle on CNET Download.com 

• Anyway...

Idk... I'm waiting to hear back from support. 2010 was a long time ago.... and though my memory is not perfect, anyone can see I was definitely grabbing them all at the time it happened, so hopefully I'll get some good news.... 

In the meantime, I have lots more stuff to install... (whew!)

Thanks to everyone who helped me, because it kinda gives me hope where I had none before! Thank you!! smiley

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

JasmineSkunk said:

No.. Wait....

you probably had him like I did from that starter bundle on CNET Download.com 

That could be. It's so long ago. I thought the bundle had been given like the Christmas freebies, so... I obviously can't trust my memory. LOL laugh I've taken him out for now until I learn more. Wish me luck! 

• Non Complaint:

I love seeing all my old stuff again! heart smileyheart I can't wait to get it all sorted and PLAY!!! 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited November 2023

...LeatherGryphon, Happy 75th trip around our main sequence G type stellar primary.

Based on the circumference of orbit of the earth (appox. 585,000 miles) along with the velocity the sun/solar system orbits around the galactic core (about 514,495 mph) added to the theoretical movement of the galaxy through the universe (about 1.3 million mph), all combined and stretched out in a straight line you have travelled approximately 1,576,392,237,750 (1.576 trillion) total  miles (+/- the usual 5% error factor) in 75 years, which, if I didn't drop a zero somewhere, is about 26.8 % of a light year. 

Congratulations.

All calculations based on NASA .data I could find.

Then again *shudder* Daz Math might come into play which throws everything out the window.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited November 2023

After all that traveling, it's no wonder I'm always tired.surprise 

You didn't drop a zero, but your period did grow a beard, or I'm a thousand times faster than I thought I was.yescool

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited November 2023

..saw that, fixed it.  Thanks.

BTW I'm getting there myself next month,when I'll be around 106,627,806,535 miles behind you. (calculated for the 5 years and extra 34 days)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • I had my cat Denis euthanased today, he was just shy of 2 years old

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I had my cat Denis euthanased today, he was just shy of 2 years old

I'm so sorry, Wendy! 

• How heartbreaking! I'm so very sorry.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Condolences !

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

Sorry to hear this. So young for a Kitty. 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

So sorry to hear, Wendy {{{{HUGS}}}}heart

• caught me totally off guard and is really making me rethink ever getting another cat

(I still have Lucy)

was a total urethra blockage badly infected and couldn't put a catheter in as per the usual treatment for such an occurrence 

so literally needed emergency surgery of more than the 3K I physically had and no guarantee of success and every likelihood of happening again.

if he had gotten treatment the first time I took him to the vet Saturday and literally said I think he is blocked maybe kidney stone or crystals (know this can happen) maybe it wouldn't have gotten as bad, but that vet was unwilling to handle him as he was reacting with hostility as in pain and said his bladder felt empty, obviously only at the early stage as only started growling and hissing that morning, maybe it could have been circumvented without surgery and damage.

2 days later, nicer vet, it escalated badly, weirdly he was acting OK, even playing with toys but after Saturday's incident I was insisting on him staying there for observation and getting bloodwork etc, then they found this.

I feel horrible having him put down but I simply didn't have the funds and as they said it likely will reoccur 

• I'm very sorry to hear that Wendy, it is a vile position to find yourself in.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

WendyLuvsCatz said:

caught me totally off guard and is really making me rethink ever getting another cat

(I still have Lucy)

was a total urethra blockage badly infected and couldn't put a catheter in as per the usual treatment for such an occurrence 

so literally needed emergency surgery of more than the 3K I physically had and no guarantee of success and every likelihood of happening again.

if he had gotten treatment the first time I took him to the vet Saturday and literally said I think he is blocked maybe kidney stone or crystals (know this can happen) maybe it wouldn't have gotten as bad, but that vet was unwilling to handle him as he was reacting with hostility as in pain and said his bladder felt empty, obviously only at the early stage as only started growling and hissing that morning, maybe it could have been circumvented without surgery and damage.

2 days later, nicer vet, it escalated badly, weirdly he was acting OK, even playing with toys but after Saturday's incident I was insisting on him staying there for observation and getting bloodwork etc, then they found this.

I feel horrible having him put down but I simply didn't have the funds and as they said it likely will reoccur 

I remember long ago having to make a similar decision with a bunny. We will always wonder if we're letting our furry friend down, but ultimately there wouldn't have been any way to make everything okay. Especially with doctors who don't believe you, and doctors who charge more money than anybody has because they think if you have it, you'll pay it for this. It was an impossible decision. These are difficult cat times. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited November 2023

Complaint... Only 7 hours of daylight left and getting shorter...

7hours.JPG
    552 x 105 - 15K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • WendyLuvsCatz said:

caught me totally off guard and is really making me rethink ever getting another cat...

broken heart That's so sad. So sorry you had to make such a tough choice. heartheartheart

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I'm sorry to hear about your Denis, Wendy... I know this may sound weird, but I get Kidney stones and before I knew anything about them, a discount doctor nearly killed me (at the time I didn't have health insurance)... he misdiagnosed my kidney stones as something else and prescribed a medication that actually made the situation far worse, so for two weeks I suffered the most excruciating pain I'd ever experienced (up to that point), I couldn't go to an emergency room or afford a second opinion, so I stuck with it... the pain is unbearable and there were several times I just lay on the floor for hours, being too incapacitated to walk... If for felines, it's anything like it is for humans, it's not something one can endure for very long and it's a horrible way to go... You may not believe it now or be second guessing your decision, but what you did for Denis was fair... if there is a chance it would happen again, and with no ability to pass the stone, it would be unrelenting torture.

I've been through it enough to know if it was anything similar, he wouldn't want to continue experiencing it...

But there is a secondary story that goes with that first kidney stone... at the time, a few days before the kidney stone attack, my cat who was about 17 at the time, was diagnosed with advanced stomach cancer... I loved her deeply and didn't know what to do... she was somewhat ill, but I couldn't bring myself to making a decision like that... so I took her home figuring that when she got sicker I'd take whatever steps were necessary... but within a week I was mostly incapacitated and she took a turn for the worse when I was too sick to do anything for her... she was very miserable on her last days, and on the day my kidney stone finally passed, she died sleeping next to me... I literally passed out and when I woke up she was gone... Despite the whole fiasco of almost dying thanks to an idiot doctor, I still felt I let her down because I didn't act sooner when I was capable... 

It took me a while to realize that was just how it worked out and there was nothing I could have done... but it made me understand very clearly what she was possibly going through and how bad suffering like that can be...

I know none of that story is really helpful and it doesn't ease the pain of losing a beloved friend, but there was nothing you could do and I'm sure Denis would understand what you did, you did for him.

Be well Wendy and I'm truly sorry for your loss... (and for the long story too).

• Oh, no, Wendy! I'm so sorry for your loss. We've lost two boy kitties to urinary issues now. One of them was only 3, so I know where you're coming from. You did the right thing. And even though it hurt you, it was what he needed.

• thank you all, its reassuring

even though the vet told me it was the right decision it's good to hear from others too

so sorry for your kitties too broken heart

• Complaint: Lung function tests. I about passed out last time.
This discussion has been closed.