The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited November 2023

richardandtracy said:

frank0314 said:

... you never know when you're not gonna be able to say something you have been meaning to before it's too late, somtimes you need to be patient with those you love at times.

That is so true.

My mother died in 2005 from Pancreatic cancer, and there are so many things I'd love to have talked to her about but never had the chance. And now my 92 yo dad is in a nursing home 250 miles away, and again there is so much I want to talk to him about but can't.

One thing you can do is try to talk to your kids in a way that means they don't feel the same. Make friends with them & just chat. Friends as well as parents, I hope that's what my kids feel about my wife & I. I will say that I have pre-warned my kids that we're going to be annoying, contrary and stubborn when we get old. To which they said 'No change then..' ;)

Regards,

Richard

My birth mother died last year just before Christmas and there was so much I would'a wanted to say to her but I was too late. We found out she was in end-stage COPD and gave her 3 months. She lasted 3 days. I meant to call her the day before she died but forgot due to my short-term memory loss. Oh, we did from a very young age with our two kids. We have always treated them more as friends. They come to us for anything they need or want to talk about. We always let the kids speak their minds growing up without fear of getting in trouble. We had very open discussions with them all the time. We recently asked them if we were too hard on them and they said you guys were the best parents and none of their friend's parents were like us and their friends hate their parents. The oldest graduated from college last winter semester and the youngest graduated this past spring. The youngest got a really good job and his fiance is an EMT while she goes through medical school. They just bought a house about a mile away from us. We have a discord channel that all of us BS every day with each other. We made our mistakes with the kids and we explained our end and apologized to them when we were wrong. Nothing was kept a secret from them and we have a very unique and great relationship with them. We have two of the best kids out of that generation. They are very respectful, and kind, and love everybody, even people they don't know, they will give the shirt off their back to help someone and also volunteer for the Red Cross. That type of behavior is so rare anymore.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2023

I feel so sad for you all

is awful when relatives especially close ones are alive but you don't get along

I had a perfectly loving mother and father but they are dead, Dad died of cancer when I was 10 years oid, Mum died 23 years ago of CJD

all my aunts and uncle are dead too even the ones by marriage

I see my living cousins at funerals, they are all OK but have their own lives

last few funerals have been cousins or cousins by marriage

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Man, I'm so sorry you lost them so early in your life. That definitely had to be hard. My biological mother's family are all dead now. My mom was the last. All the males in the family died before they were 55. All of them were heart or liver failure. The entire family with the exception of my mom were severely heavy drinkers. It must've been the Native American side in them. They were half Native American (Cherokee) and half French and Native Americans are very well known for their drinking abilities, so I definitely got it from that side of the family except I drank beer and they all drank bourban or scotch which is probably what killed their liver so early in life. She and my dad divorced when I was 2 but wasn't surprised being as she was 17. She was more interested in hanging out with friends and partying. I can definitely understand the mentality though. My dad who's practically on his deathbed just divorced my stepmother after 46 yrs. He shoulda listened to me when I told him to when I was 8 and at least a few times a year till I left for the military.

edited November 2023

Mum had me at 37 and died at 75 so not so bad

I am 61 now

yes my relatives heavy drinkers and many were smokers too

• Sorry to hear all of you have such troubled relationships with some of your family members. But I get it. My sister stopped talking to me after my dad died in 2015 (which was 9 years to the day after my mom died). She even blocked me on Facebook. She's always resented me, though, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. It's pretty clear that she wanted to be an only child, and she was until they adopted me when she was 7. Family is fun. I still have a relationship with her daughter, though. She's grown and has her own kids. Anyway, I wish you all the best with your relationships, and hope you had a happy Thanksgiving/random Thursday. 

• So, Death is the Topic: In 2004, Death came knocking; it took my oldest bother, then my wife's mom, then my parents both. Then, a niece, her mom, her other daughter, and her wife's uncle. In six months. I was a wreck on Klonopin for years and finally went off them this year.

This has pretty much numbed me about death, and I'll wait for him and greet him like an old friend—no reason to be afraid.

• AgitatedRiot said:

So, Death is the Topic: In 2004, Death came knocking; it took my oldest bother, then my wife's mom, then my parents both. Then, a niece, her mom, her other daughter, and her wife's uncle. In six months. I was a wreck on Klonopin for years and finally went off them this year.

This has pretty much numbed me about death, and I'll wait for him and greet him like an old friend—no reason to be afraid.

death comes for us all sadly 

heart sorry for your losses of those close in such a short time, hope time has helped you heal as it has me, I now look back in fondness on my loved ones who are gone

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,901
    edited November 2023

Wow... Families, eh? 

My heart stirs a little as I read all of those who have been traumatized by family. There's a myth in America that family is the backbone of our lives. But being abused by those who are suppsed to love you does something really messed up to our brains. We can spend way too much emotional energy trying to make sense of things that just simply don't make sense. If there is one thing I have learned in my short time on this earth, it is this: You can't make people love you, and if they don't, you really are better off without them. Trying to sort it out or make sense of it is only going to break your heart and mind and most likely won't even be a blip in their own thoughts.

Some will recommend you find your "own people". People who will love and appreciate you for who you are to them. And that is good advice. But let me suggest another thing. Love yourself. Really... Treat yourself like you would treat anyone you genuinely loved. Get to know yourself by engaing in things that bring you joy. Like art, or a walk in the woods, or learning something new. It's okay if you are your only friend, as long as you are good to yourself. Not everyone has the social skills or mental health capacity to go out and make new friends. But everyone can find some way to be kind to themselves in some small capacity.  Be good to YOURSELVES and try not to let the holidays stress you out too much by giving those things more attention than they deserve. heart

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I'm feeling like my joke about having to endure family members on holidays like Turkeymurder Day (or whatever it's called), opened up some doors I didn't intend to knock on...
    Sorry if what I said dredged up any sad memories or current ill feelings about family or ongoing kinflicts*... That wasn't my intention, I was just thinking it would be funny since it's a comedic/satirtical trope that's probably become far more intense in recent years, especially as there is such division and disaffection being externally inserted into everyone's lives as of late... it's actually sad, but sometimes making light of harsh times takes the edge off things... like going "Yeeeeeeeha!" as your car careens off an embankment... it'll still hurt when you land, but it's like giving the fates a one finger salute as you face whatever...

But in a way, even though it wasn't my intention, I feel it's also good to talk about such stuff... sharing our situations or feelings is actually in many cases good... sometimes just mentioning something we'd ordinarily not have an opportunity or reason to talk about can be cathartic or alleviate turmoil inside us we didn't realize we were feeling...  Especially around holidays when society often informs us we "should" be enjoying such joyous times... 

Sometimes it's not, it reminds us of what a jerk someone else has been to us, but when others also are sharing, at least we feel we are not alone in our suffering or sadness... sometimes we can find strength in each other and by lightening our burden, it helps us move forward, even if it's a tiny fraction of a step forward.

I'm also sorry I don't mention stuff I'm going through... technically, I do, but it's usually mixed in with metaphor and hyperbole and hard to disentangle from my regular pseudo-transcriptive fulminations and treatises... A lot of times it's either well after the fact that I end up coming here, or I feel if I do mention something, it won't be in a satirical fashion, but will come across as too pissed off, or someone else is going through something and I don't want to be a jerk and mention my nonsense... the past five years have been... "special"... it's hard to sum up quickly, especially for me since I can stretch "yes" into a sort story, but here's my bizarre story... My stepdad (whom I loved despite his shortcomings and sometimes "difficult" nature, but whom was always as best a dad as his life and experiences let him be), died after a prolonged Parkinson's based illness, my father-in-law whom I was close to and lived with us passed away suddenly (probably early Covid), apparently a few day later my half-brother died (of Covid while recovering from surgery) but I didn't find out until six months later when the state of California informed me of his death, my stepdad's wife (who is quite wealthy but chooses to live like a pauper) decided to sell my dad's house and that his tools and the crap in the basement (which was mostly mine) was a sufficient inheritance for me (despite the fact he constantly insisted he wanted my daughters to get half the house when he was gone)... something that really extra sucked because she knows my biological father's wife cut me out of any inheritance when I was a kid even though she (bio-dad's wife) knew we were not at all well off, and still (stepdad's wife) felt doing that again was really fine (but not unexpected, she one of those people whom if you throw them a party and cook them a lavish meal they forget it quickly, but if they give you a stale cracker they found on the subway, that was a fantastic sacrifice and an act of kindness you should never forget)... meanwhile, my mom's family (my mom died in '94) whom I had recently reconnected with started to all develop health problems, with my cousin whom I was once close to passing away from alcoholism, an uncle I was also close to developing Alzheimer's and my other uncle suddenly passing away from bladder cancer and my favorite aunt dying from lung cancer which it seemed like she had beaten... then there were a ton of health problems in the immediate family that included my mother-in-law, my wife and both my daughters... not to mention a ton of unexpected and expected financial expenses that are really stressful (yeah, it really is quite annoying that step-mom knows this too and never offered to even help contribute a penny to the girls college tuition, despite knowing that's what my stepdad wanted)... and holidays got a little ruined too, because my best friend whom I grew up with, who is like a sister to me and who's girls are like sisters to my girls and whom we've always spent the holidays with has had her sister (who I was also like a sister to me) and half her family has gone ideologically nuts to the point where we can't really be around them anymore... the other family, not my friend or her husband and kids, they are fine... I feel bad for my friend, but I can't do that anymore thanks to "divisions and disaffections being deliberately and profitably inserted into people lives regardless of the cost to society" that make it incredibly uncomfortable and unfun to hang out over there when the family (that used to be like family to me too) is there... I guess that's the world we live in now though... fun times, yeah?... that's a sort of a summary of the past five years (I probably left some stuff out)... skipping the "complicated" background behind most of my previous years...

But... Thanks to my wife who has a good relationship with her family, we had her uncle to visit and that was okay... it's usually a little boring (his wife talks so much... and so much gossip, it's painful)... it was okay, and there were a few new people I met and all in all, I didn't want to rip my brain out and throw it somewhere...  so that was nice... 

Anyway... I'm sorry if I went on about stuff... I didn't want to write a ton of nonsense, but I kinda sometimes feel bad that sometimes someone shares something they are going through and I usually don't... it's usually just too after the fact, or not appropriate at the moment or I don't have a funny way of saying it and it goes by the wayside... So, I figured since I may have inadvertently stirred up sharing of tough times, I should share some of the stuff I probably neglected to mention in the recent past few years...

I hope that was okay... and I hope if it was boring you had the sense to skim over it.

I should go now... Happy Day-After Turkeymurder Day.

*Kinflict™ is like "conflict", but specifically with relatives... it's a new word I think I just made up and I'm trying to get it into the lexicon, so feel free to use it while it's in the Beta stage, after it's an official word, it's going to be $0.10 per use, so enjoy it now for free.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited November 2023

OK 'nuf downers for a while.  Here's an upper.  I was getting tired of waiting for my refund from the damaged goods shipped from Amazon.  I got about 1/4 of it back, but the refund for the other package (~$65) is still in the wind.  So, yesterday I called for a phone chat.  Didn't take too long.  I just said it's been 10 days and no change in status regarding that particular shipment.  He checked into it and repeated the scripted line "Your refund will be credited in 4 or 5 days."  (*sigh*).  But this morning (still haven't gotten my refund credited), I received this email note (left over from yesterday).  Never before have I gotten a thank-you from a Customer Service Representative!  WOW!  Maybe the world isn't doomed after all.yes  (Or that nice reply is just on his speed-dial button array.frown)

Screenshot 2023-11-24 125146.png
    623 x 505 - 31K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited November 2023

OK, so here's another downer.  I stayed home yesterday too.  My big meal of the day was frozen lasagna & canned asparagus, and some terrible cookies that were given to me because they were terrible.  Meh. indecision 

Not unhappy about it, but I decided I didn't need to enter the lion's den again this year.  And I really really don't like going to other people's houses to eat anyway.  I'd rather go to a restaurant where people are generally on best behavior and I'm pretty sure no arguments will evolve, and I don't have to mind my words like I'm walking on eggshells.  I'll stay on my side of the river, thank you.indecision

edited November 2023

JasmineSkunk said:

Wow... Families, eh? 

My heart stirs a little as I read all of those who have been traumatized by family. There's a myth in America that family is the backbone of our lives. But being abused by those who are suppsed to love you does something really messed up to our brains. We can spend way too much emotional energy trying to make sense of things that just simply don't make sense. If there is one thing I have learned in my short time on this earth, it is this: You can't make people love you, and if they don't, you really are better off without them. Trying to sort it out or make sense of it is only going to break your heart and mind and most likely won't even be a blip in their own thoughts.

Some will recommend you find your "own people". People who will love and appreciate you for who you are to them. And that is good advice. But let me suggest another thing. Love yourself. Really... Treat yourself like you would treat anyone you genuinely loved. Get to know yourself by engaing in things that bring you joy. Like art, or a walk in the woods, or learning something new. It's okay if you are your only friend, as long as you are good to yourself. Not everyone has the social skills or mental health capacity to go out and make new friends. But everyone can find some way to be kind to themselves in some small capacity.  Be good to YOURSELVES and try not to let the holidays stress you out too much by giving those things more attention than they deserve. heart

I became a police officer due to the abuse I suffered and I swore I was going to do my part to help out with the abuse that kids are suffering. I was a detective and juvenile officer for several years and I saw and heard some stuff that I still have nightmares today about it. I've been out of police work since 2008 due to being in a bad car accident and eventually becoming disabled. I would be investigating these cases and it was just heartbreaking for me. I remember taking my interviews home to do my reports and me and the wife just sitting there crying cause it hurt so bad that people could do this kind of stuff to the innocent. It constantly brought back memories of my abuse and it drove me to do my best to make sure these people were put behind bars. I am extremely proud that in the 9 years I was at that department I only lost one case out of 28 in court because the hospital Dr didn't believe the child. When I became Chief of Police I started a mentorship program for kids and we took in kids from other towns as well. It was open to anyone who wanted to be there. I loved the job, it was the only one of my jobs that really made me feel like I was worth something by trying to stop the hurt these kids were suffering, but it does some serious mental strain on you that some can't get over, I'm one of them that finds it extremely difficult.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110

Today I got so many calls from numbers I don't recognize today.  Okay it is so far 7.  It was 6 but a new call comes in.  No voicemails other than a cryptic voicemail that may or may not have any meaning.

edited November 2023

well I bought a TV

I was saving up for teeth but the vet bill dashed that idea (was still over 1K even having Denis euthanased)

since I didn't pony up 5K+ to save him for now with an uncertain future (if I could even borrow the extra on my 15K per annum income)

I thought I might as well buy a much needed TV cum monitor for my Win7 PC in my bedroom

I can watch TV in bed sucking my food with my gummy mouth wink without swearing at the WiFi dropping out all the time from my computer's awful Dlink dongle

(a win7 driver issue AFAIK)

it is the dongle/driver/PC because my phone and iPad both work fine on my WiFi even outside in my yard

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

If there is anything good from all of these stories, it is that everybody has forgotten about that whole thread title changing incident. I think if it changes one more time, I'm going to have to go back in time to 1982 and get a job at McDonald's before I get myself pruned from the DAZ universe.

And I don't think anybody triggered the explosion of sadness. I think people just needed to share things. And I think having others share too tends to help because it makes people feel like they're not alone. That's why I shared my story.

Now, may I take your order? Our McRib is back for its second year and I'm sure you will love it.

• just wait until Christmas surprise

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

AgitatedRiot said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Non-Complaint: I love to cook, so the holidays are great fun.

Complaint: What is not fun is digging out all the pots and pans and mixing bowls, only to find a can of ERG drink that my wife got back in 2001 to celebrate Jeff Gordon's win of his last championship race in 2001 exploded all over my cookware, that I haven't used in a couple of years (22 yearswink) because we had no one over. Invite someone for a holiday meal, and walls start popping up, keeping you from cooking. Surprised Ants are speeding around the house.

Borax powder is good for kiling the ants 

I haven't seen them. They are too fast now.laugh 

...could Scalosian water have been one of the ingredients?

(Hint listen for buzzing sounds).

One of the side effects  of drinking Scalosian water was not just being hyper acellerated, it also caused sterilisation over long term use (which to an ant could be just a couple hours), however ant colonies can have what is known as a "shared metabolism" so the situation ;likely took care of itself in the ...wink of an eye.. 

edited November 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

grab your tinner

...a feast in every tin.  There is also wine in a can these days as well.

@ Blando Calrissian:  I've spent most holidays by myself for years, I actually enjoy the peace and quiet as well as lack of travel stress.

@ Carrie58 & LeatherGryphon:  I made shredded beef teriyaki and hand cut stir fry veggies over rice .  I rarely if ever bother with traditional holiday dinners. as they're usually intended for larger gatherings than one person which my place is to small for hosting (I don't even have space for a dining table).

Given the ridiculous rents and house prices wher I live, I'm thankful I have a place of my own.that isn't a tent beneath an underpass.

line break.jpg
    700 x 3 - 1K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

kyoto kid said:

AgitatedRiot said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Non-Complaint: I love to cook, so the holidays are great fun.

Complaint: What is not fun is digging out all the pots and pans and mixing bowls, only to find a can of ERG drink that my wife got back in 2001 to celebrate Jeff Gordon's win of his last championship race in 2001 exploded all over my cookware, that I haven't used in a couple of years (22 yearswink) because we had no one over. Invite someone for a holiday meal, and walls start popping up, keeping you from cooking. Surprised Ants are speeding around the house.

Borax powder is good for kiling the ants 

I haven't seen them. They are too fast now.laugh 

...could Scalosian water have been one of the ingredients?

(Hint listen for buzzing sounds).

One of the side effects  of drinking Scalosian water was not just being hyper acellerated, it also caused sterilisation over long term use (which to an ant could be just a couple hours), however ant colonies can have what is known as a "shared metabolism" so the situation ;likely took care of itself in the ...wink of an eye.. 

Some Star Trek referemces there? 

edited November 2023

This might seem like a complaint more suited to the AI thread, but it's a real complaint... 

So, remember when you'd notice some stupid clickbait ad at the bottom of a page (unless you use ad blockers, in which case you don't see them, in which case you should just ignore this complaint)... You the ones..."What Your Dog Doesn't Want You To Know About Your Doctor...", "See These Futuristic New Gadgets...", "If You Are 55 or Older Enter Your Social Security Number to See How To Get Free...", "Man Finds Stray Cat That Leads Him To Hidden...", "Get Free Solar Panels Doing This Every Night Before Bed..." everyone has probably seen them or similar ones, and knows that most were photoshopped to some degree or didn't have anything to do with whatever the blurb was suggesting it was about or touting... they have always been shamelessly deceptive, disingenuous and deceitful, not to mention just plain awful, but for the past year or two, I've noticed lots of really stupid ones for solar panels that use entirely AI generated imagery. 
    Bad ones... like I'm sure the person who made the image just typed "Big house, solar panels everywhere" in any random online AI generator and took the first three results for the three ads I keep seeing... there is probably a rule against showing the image, even if it's just the image and no wording, but you just have to go to any website that doesn't care who advertises on their site and you WILL see them... 

Similary there were a bunch that used random busty young blonde women in tight outfits to offer "Almost FREE Alternative To HVAC...", "These States Offer Free...", "Judge Rules The Seniors Are Eligible For Free..." etc... they used to feature the model in question standing next to an industrial A/C unit or maybe wearing a judge's outfit... they were clearly photoshopped and had little to do with whatever it was they were selling, but they probably got lots of disappointed clicks... but now it's clear most are probably AI generated... it's like one is "If You Are 55 Or Older, These States Offer Free Retirement... " and there's this girl in a tank stop standing in some desert road... I'm like "what are they offering?... Free retirement service that will abandon your annoying granddaughter in the desert?"...

But now, I started noticing some of the gadget sellers using absolutely fake images of absolutely AI generated BS... "20 Cool Futuristic Gifts" (tiny camera-like box floating over an open hand)... "These Are The Hottest New Gadgets" (A metallic lavender, dome shaped device with blurry AI generated nonsense logo on it), "97 Of The Coolest Gifts" (a floating -in the air- ring with what appears to be glowing circuitry embedded throughout it)... 

I went to one site that's notorious for its clickbait ads and pretty much most of the ads were AI generated images to some extent... some were not too far from what you'd expect... like a belly fat ad had someone's stomach in the image, but there were clues it wasn't a stock image, but AI generated... an ad for some travel company showed a fake cruise ship... some nonsense about wildlife featured a rainbow colored snake... I guess it's cheaper than paying for licensed photographs... but when you are showing "products" that are entirely fictional, it kinda seems like a line has been crossed.

But I guess nobody actually cares... I've seen these ads find their way onto fairly legitimate or trustworthy sites too... like on one there's an ad for a real estate branch of a famous ritzy art auction house you often hear about selling some famous painting for some new record price... totally legit ad, probably cost the company thousands of dollars to put together and designed to attract wealthy clients... right below it, three ads entirely AI generated clickbait, probably generated by typing "I don't know, boobs and cactus, just surprise me"...  I dunno, I'm not a fan of ultra snobby real estate companies but if I ran one and happened reading an article about why it might be a good time to invest in Chileian gin, and I got to the bottom of the article and saw my extremely expensive professional ad next to one that had a budget of .39¢...  I'd probably be a little pissed off... or maybe not, maybe I'd be like "Cool, an anti-gravity camera..." or "I wonder how I can have a .39¢ ad too..." but it feels like to me, really blatantly bad clickbait delegitimizes actual ads, especially ones that are supposed to be classy... it's like going to a car dealership and seeing a Bentley displayed next to a vaguely car shaped bunch of cardboard boxes duct taped together with "Convartbul Spartzcarr X2000" written in sharpie on the sides, with a $10,000 price tag taped to it... Somehow I feel something like that interferes slightly with the company's "Luxury Motorsports" theme... 

My paid partnerships are all totally legitimate, which is why I suppose this bothers me... 

Disclaimer: The above are entirely fictional and 100% satirical non-links I made up using a free online AI generator

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited November 2023

I'm waiting for the flood of images of Loch Ness monsters in San Francisco Bay hawking whale harpoons for your boat.  And  a family of Sasquachi having a picnic next to Old Faithful erupting, hawking wilderness trail adventures.indecision  

Desperate advertisers, lazy marketing, low budgets.  Priceless.  Painful.  sad

• LeatherGryphon said:

I'm waiting for the flood of images of Loch Ness monsters in San Francisco Bay hawking whale harpoons for your boat.  And  a family of Sasquachi having a picnic next to Old Faithful erupting, hawking wilderness trail adventures.indecision  

Yeah, I don't think I'll see anything like that.

What I do like seeing is that when I  throw the turkey corpse out, it moves around the yard each day.

edited November 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

I'm waiting for...  a family of Sasquachi having a picnic next to Old Faithful erupting, hawking wilderness trail adventures.indecision  

Sasquatch Tours is a proud sponsor of The American Hot Water and Geyser Foundation.

edited November 2023

AgitatedRiot said:

What I do like seeing is that when I  throw the turkey corpse out, it moves around the yard each day.

Anything like this...?

That's more of a dinoturkosaurus carcass... but, they taste mostly the same with cranberry sauce.

edited November 2023

AgitatedRiot said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Yeah, I don't think I'll see anything like that.

Perhaps it's the fertilizer in the lawn and lightning in the air.  Galvani experiments au naturel.indecision 

Either that or it wasn't a turkey fowl, but a zombied foul turkey.

edited November 2023

Complaint:  My poppa bear machine with the best memory, graphics, storage, etc.  still crashes trying to play "Firmament", reliably crashes just as I run up the stone steps toward the ice block crane control mechanism.frown  I've tried all the easy fixes.  Time to completely wipe out the graphics drivers and load a virgin one.  It's got to be a driver problem because I played that game all the way to the minecart wall previously, then after a recommended driver update, it started crashing.  Grrrr...  [Note to self:  Don't fix what ain't broken.]

• frank0314 said:

I became a police officer due to the abuse I suffered and I swore I was going to do my part to help out with the abuse that kids are suffering. I was a detective and juvenile officer for several years and I saw and heard some stuff that I still have nightmares today about it. I've been out of police work since 2008 due to being in a bad car accident and eventually becoming disabled. I would be investigating these cases and it was just heartbreaking for me. I remember taking my interviews home to do my reports and me and the wife just sitting there crying cause it hurt so bad that people could do this kind of stuff to the innocent. It constantly brought back memories of my abuse and it drove me to do my best to make sure these people were put behind bars. I am extremely proud that in the 9 years I was at that department I only lost one case out of 28 in court because the hospital Dr didn't believe the child. When I became Chief of Police I started a mentorship program for kids and we took in kids from other towns as well. It was open to anyone who wanted to be there. I loved the job, it was the only one of my jobs that really made me feel like I was worth something by trying to stop the hurt these kids were suffering, but it does some serious mental strain on you that some can't get over, I'm one of them that finds it extremely difficult.

Certainly, using your pain to help others in your commuiity can be an excellent method of coping wiith trauma. smiley I'm so sorry you endured those kinds of struggles, but it's good to hear you found a positive way to cope by helping others. I hope you also found some peace in that as well. heart

• McGyver said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Anything like this...?

That's more of a dinoturkosaurus carcass... but, they taste mostly the same with cranberry sauce.

Hahahahaa! laughlaughlaugh

JasmineSkunk said:

frank0314 said:

Certainly, using your pain to help others in your commuiity can be an excellent method of coping wiith trauma. smiley I'm so sorry you endured those kinds of struggles, but it's good to hear you found a positive way to cope by helping others. I hope you also found some peace in that as well. heart

+1 

• McGyver said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Anything like this...?

Mawhahaha 

This discussion has been closed.