The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• very nice photos McGyver

bet it's a bit nippy right now for you to take a dip

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

WendyLuvsCatz said:

very nice photos McGyver

bet it's a bit nippy right now for you to take a dip

A bit (43°F/ 6°C... probably cooler with wind chill)... and there was a wicked cross current going on down the beach a little further... there's a point where the Nissequogue River and the Long Island Sound meet in a little delta or inlet... when the tide comes in, it gets weird over there... there's a narrow point where on one side water is going out and the other side of the channel water is coming in... today the incoming water was particularly fast. 
    Mostly, at low tide the outflow is barely noticeable because the river is very lazy and not very long.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

AI generated video

OMG, that is awesome! heartWhat AI are you using to generate the voice and music? laughlaugh

• I keep trying to keep up in here because it seems it's where everyone is socializing, but I am slacking!! And getting behind... Is that a complaint? Could be. laugh I can't even keep up with myself these days. I guess I'm past "getting old" and moved right solidly into "already old". I want the energy and time to do all the things. The all the things is just so MUCH! smiley But it is great to catch up with all of you when I do finally find my way back in here.heart

• JasmineSkunk said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

AI generated video

OMG, that is awesome! heartWhat AI are you using to generate the voice and music? laughlaugh

Suno Chirp on Discord 

think this should get you there eventually https://www.suno.ai/

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

JasmineSkunk said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

AI generated video

Suno Chirp on Discord 

This is great, thanks! smiley

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

I finally got all my Christmas presents bought.  I got some scratcher pads.  Two small and two big.  All 4 for Misty and Oscar.

l also got a new litter scooper.  Can't decide if I should label it to ones who benefit of the scooper and/or the one who will use it?  Neither Misty or Oscar have the opposable thumbs required to use a litter scooper nor the desire to clean their own boxes.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited December 2023

JasmineSkunk said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

JasmineSkunk said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

AI generated video

Suno Chirp on Discord 

This is great, thanks! smiley

Lol, thanks for the link.

https://app.suno.ai/song/79c9bcff-ba29-446c-bbd2-1d9b7ef6dcc4

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

Io Saturnalia!... You hardly hear that anymore... but regardless, Happy Saturnalia!... 

I hope everyone got the sigillaria they were hoping for or at least a funny gag gift like sack of beans or a minty butt sponge-stick.

Granted, Saturnalia isn't as fun as it used to be before the Second Punic War... I do miss eating a bag of half rotted figs at the coliseum and watching the gladiators get all stabby and pokey with their swords and spears...

Well, if there's some new holiday replacing it, I hope whatever they replaced it with isn't as commercialized as it was after the Greeks started influencing the holiday with public banquets and sacrifices... The sheep and goat industry really leaned heavy into that whole sacrifice thing the Greeks started and it became more about giving a goat or sheep than a wax figure or a Whoopi cushion.

I just got a basic printer/scanner/copier.  I got a spot for it on my desk and started setting it up.  I took the tape sticker off the color ink and then put both the color and black ink into the printer.  I did some test prints to find out that the black wasn't working.  I tried to figure out what was going on.  Nothing worked until I realized I didn't remember taking the tape sticker off the black ink.  I didn't.  I took it off.  Now making a black and white copy of a sewing pattern the ink worked.  However the copy missed part of the bottom.

• Where'd the party of poets spring from, with their tales of chives & voles?surprise

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited December 2023

Non-complaint:   Yay!  Tomorrow is yet another day out.  Wheee...!  Friend from high school days is back in town again, and we're doing a yearly ritual of lunch all the way uptown.  And I get an unpaid driver for a couple hours.devil  Makin' my list, checkin' it twice.  Hmmm..., hardware store, drugstore, liquor store, Walmart, KFC, Subway.  And all that is after we have lunch at a place like Red Lobster or Olive Garden or Applebee's, which is about all that's left on our franchise row if you want something more than a burger.  I go to the KFC to get several chicken breasts, and then Subway to get two foot-long subs for future consumption over the next couple days. (not in the mood for cooking).

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

LeatherGryphon said:

Where'd the party of poets spring from, with their tales of chives & voles?surprise

I think it has something to do with one of the asteroids. Not the one over here. The one over there. The one conspicuously shaped like a vole. The one shaped just like the vole on the star map. The star map that nobody realizes is a star map because it only appears on ceilings and always ends up looking like water damage. And ocassionally is water damage.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

....cool and farily authentic launch of the STS shuttle system in model form.  The orbiter was radio controlled

The music was a bit annoying wuite work (I muted it) 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Woe is the kid that booster rocket lands on.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited December 2023

Yeah, we will get 1 to 2 inches for Christmas; too bad it's all rain.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

AgitatedRiot said:

You weren't dreaming of a wet Christmas? 

• Fixmypcmike said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Delivery error.  Somebody checked the wrong box.indecision 

• Fixmypcmike said:

AgitatedRiot said:

that sounds a bit suggestive blush 

Are You ready for Christmas?  I'm almost ready.  I have to finish wrapping some gifts. I hope I have enough wrapping paper.

edited December 2023

I thought I fixed this?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 2023

how did I double post?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • Christmas rain blows
    Softly on the windowpane
    Peaceful winter night

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Happy Birthday, kyoto kid!

DanaTA said:

Happy Birthday, kyoto kid!

Oh Happy Birthday, KK! 

I want to hear more about this naked Christmas.

• We had naked Breakfast on Saturday when we were hot and young.

Happy Kyoto Kid Birthday!...

Dang.. I messed that up...

Kid Happy Kyoto Birthday!...

No... that's not it either...

Kyoto Happy Birthkid Day!

Happy Birthday Cheeseburger Karl!

Close enough... 

edited December 2023

Didn't he have a birthday just last year?indecision  At this stage in life we should be able to delay them for a while.enlightened Nobody wants to get old at the normal pace.  

edited December 2023

Mini-adventure for the day is over.  Friend from high-school days, home from NYC, took me for lunch & shopping.  Lunch at Applebee's,   Then got a bottle of champagne (little 'c') for NewYear's Eve.  Also picked up a liter of  Disaronno (almond flavor liqueur) Mmmm(but $$).  All my alcohol needs for the next year have now been metyes.  I used to be a total non-dark liquor person (i.e. vodka only), but someone introduced me to Disaronno, and my eyes lit up.  So easy, so sweet, so smooth, and so tasty too.  Mmmmmmmheart  One ounce in a fancy little aperatif glass (i.e. gay shotglass) once in a while, sipped slowly, it tickles my insides, makes me warm, has a gentle buzz.   Good stuff.  I'm not a big drinker so I still have about an 8th of a bottle left over from last year, but I don't get to the liquor store very often.  

I also got to the grocery store, and the hardware store, and the drug store, and Subway, and KFC.  I'm swimming in food again,yes but all my money has evaporated.no  I even received a free 2024 Calendar at the hardware store.  Can't beat that.smiley

"and so tasty too":  Of course I would say that.  I live near Jamestown where that Vitameatavegamin mural (below) and other Lucy/Desi murals are scattered around Jamestown, NY (Lucy's home town)  Also home of the recently established (about 5 years agoNational Comedy Center

IMG_2406.JPG
    1200 x 1600 - 180K
This discussion has been closed.