The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

I woke up with my left leg hurting a lot.  I took a generic Tylenol but it didn't do much to help it.

I think I forgot to bring a certain present to my mum's home yesterday, as I can't remember her opening it, nor can I find it in my room quickly.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited December 2023

Complaint: I had to purchase new glasses jut because the expensive coating on my old ones failed and became highly crinkled and the new glasses set me back a whopping $488.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Charlie Judge said:

Complaint: I had to purchase new glasses jut because the expensive coating on my old ones failed and became highly crinkled and the new glasses set me back a whooping $488.

Maybe the money has the whooping cough?indecision

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

They need to whoop whoever charges that much money for glasses and botches the coating.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...well was going to work on a scene tonight and when I tired to load a character I made and saved as a scene preset it wouldn't load and error message popped up  I tracked down the fail point in the logfile to find what happened but have no idea what it is referring to  I also tested loading an older version of the character and it loaded fine.

2023-12-26 23:46:24.705 [INFO] :: Json Parser (4614199,26): Unexpected end of file in object.
    2023-12-26 23:46:24.722 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Amineh 8.duf

Never had this occur before. and really hope this doesn't mean what I fear it does. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 2023

another silly video

get down and boogie

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • LeatherGryphon said:

Charlie Judge said:

Complaint: I had to purchase new glasses jut because the expensive coating on my old ones failed and became highly crinkled and the new glasses set me back a whopping $488.

OK, typo corrected. 

Charlie Judge said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Charlie Judge said:

OK, typo corrected. 

I'm afraid I don't understand. According to my records, your original statement has remained the same ever since the beginning of time when this guy opened his DAZ hep ticket.  This was shortly before a space traveling vole saved the world universe by offering one of its offspring to become a precursor to the modern squeaky toy and satisfy four of the Five True Cats. The other offspring became a human figure and messed it up for everybody.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited December 2023

NylonGirl said:

Charlie Judge said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Charlie Judge said:

OK, typo corrected. 

I'm afraid I don't understand. According to my records, your original statement has remained the same ever since the beginning of time when this guy opened his DAZ hep ticket.  This was shortly before a space traveling vole saved the world universe by offering one of its offspring to become a precursor to the modern squeaky toy and satisfy four of the Five True Cats. The other offspring became a human figure and messed it up for everybody.

surprise Um..., "8/27/2071"?  I'm not gonna wait.cheeky

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

I looked at that thread...I still don't understand the quoted date.

• kyoto kid said:

...well was going to work on a scene tonight and when I tired to load a character I made and saved as a scene preset it wouldn't load and error message popped up  I tracked down the fail point in the logfile to find what happened but have no idea what it is referring to  I also tested loading an older version of the character and it loaded fine.

2023-12-26 23:46:24.705 [INFO] :: Json Parser (4614199,26): Unexpected end of file in object.
    2023-12-26 23:46:24.722 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/Amineh 8.duf

Never had this occur before. and really hope this doesn't mean what I fear it does. 

The first line is saying that there was an apparently incomplete line of data - usually that means that the file's compression is bad, possibly due to a file system problem. You can now elect not to compress scene files, which I would generally advise - unfortunately it probably won't be possible to recover the file, though you could look at archive repair tools.

edited December 2023

DanaTA said:

Yeah, it got complicated and my first time down the link it took me directly to something relevant but the top post, in large-ish, colored font was dated "8/27/2071".   Which I figured was a long time to wait for a tech reply.   However, now I can't find my way back there to grab a screen shot.frown  Or perhaps somebody stole my cheese.  Or maybe it was just a quantum dream.indecision

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited December 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

Yeah, it got complicated and my first time down the link it took me directly to something relevant but the top post, in large-ish, colored font was dated "8/27/2071".   Which I figured was a long time to wait for a tech reply.   However, now I can't find my way back there to grab a screen shot.frown  Or perhaps somebody stole my cheese.  Or maybe it was just a quantum dream.indecision

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/site-updates-announcements-and-customer-service-information/p1

2071 Update.JPG
    1308 x 423 - 93K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

The thread that you linked to with "this guy" seems to have shrunken.  But it seems to be a very old thread. 

PerttiA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/site-updates-announcements-and-customer-service-information/p1

Oh.  Probably transposed the 1 and 7. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I can see where this is confusing... 

Actually, that thing with the customer service problem... this is a pork chop... (the thing I was gnawing on when I wrote "this is confusing")... 

In its basic presentation, a pork chop is fairly non-confusing, and technically even in theoretical quantum format, a chromodynamic manifestation of a hyperentangled pork singularity is fairly straightforward... not as good slathered in BBQ sauce, but you know what you are getting, so no confusion there.

No, what I meant was that everyone is just looking at the post and trying to decipher it's up-front meaning and not reading what it's actually alluding to...

First... Everyone is assuming this is about Platinum Club, because it says "PC", but we all know the "Platinum Club" became the "Platinum Club Plus" and then "PC Club +" which is technically "Platinum Club, Club, stubby cross symbol" and then after Platinum tanked on the precious metals market, it became the "Protactinium + Club + - + Club", because protactinium is rarer and more valuable than radium or platinum, is hella radioactive, can easily be produced from thorium in nuclear reactors and stays crunchy in milk much longer than shredded wheat.

The original post was created on May 21, 2012, which if you adjust it to the metric calendar, is 21, May 2012... or 2,105,2012... which in grams is the exact weight of a stock 1933 Soviet ZiS-5 Light flatbed truck... and when converted to pounds is exactly 46411.74189063 but when rounded out and expressed in pounds sterling and then converted to Australian Dollars, is the exact sale price of a 1971 Holden HG Belmont Vin number 6U9WH07327E94316H sold to Oliver Bennet of 21 Dorrigo Way, Bibra Lake, Perth AU... the VIN number, with letters converted to their numeric position in the alphabet, then divided by the weight of his two tabby cats and his wife's favorite bath robe and then multiplied by the odometer reading at the time of sale (78892) and once again divided by the number of loose pavers in the driveway equals the phone number of the Happy Herring Fish Cannery Corporation of Nova Scotia which is open 24 hours a day, providing delicious canned herring to the world... and 24 being the ultimate displacement signature of "PC"... in this case, as I had much earlier alluded to, a chromodynamic manifestation of a hyperentangled pork singularity or as we commonly know it a "Pork Chop +" ... hyperentangled pork singularities won't become commercially available until August 27, 2071.

See... now it makes sense... The whole thing was a viral ad for hyperentangled pork singularities placed in the past by what is obviously a pink space cat, if avatars are still accurate portrayals of the individual poster.

laugh

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

McGyver said:

I can see where this is confusing... 

Actually, that thing with the customer service problem... this is a pork chop... (the thing I was gnawing on when I wrote "this is confusing")... 

In its basic presentation, a pork chop is fairly non-confusing, and technically even in theoretical quantum format, a chromodynamic manifestation of a hyperentangled pork singularity is fairly straightforward... not as good slathered in BBQ sauce, but you know what you are getting, so no confusion there.

No, what I meant was that everyone is just looking at the post and trying to decipher it's up-front meaning and not reading what it's actually alluding to...

First... Everyone is assuming this is about Platinum Club, because it says "PC", but we all know the "Platinum Club" became the "Platinum Club Plus" and then "PC Club +" which is technically "Platinum Club, Club, stubby cross symbol" and then after Platinum tanked on the precious metals market, it became the "Protactinium + Club + - + Club", because protactinium is rarer and more valuable than radium or platinum, is hella radioactive, can easily be produced from thorium in nuclear reactors and stays crunchy in milk much longer than shredded wheat.

The original post was created on May 21, 2012, which if you adjust it to the metric calendar, is 21, May 2012... or 2,105,2012... which in grams is the exact weight of a stock 1933 Soviet ZiS-5 Light flatbed truck... and when converted to pounds is exactly 46411.74189063 but when rounded out and expressed in pounds sterling and then converted to Australian Dollars, is the exact sale price of a 1971 Holden HG Belmont Vin number 6U9WH07327E94316H sold to Oliver Bennet of 21 Dorrigo Way, Bibra Lake, Perth AU... the VIN number, with letters converted to their numeric position in the alphabet, then divided by the weight of his two tabby cats and his wife's favorite bath robe and then multiplied by the odometer reading at the time of sale (78892) and once again divided by the number of loose pavers in the driveway equals the phone number of the Happy Herring Fish Cannery Corporation of Nova Scotia which is open 24 hours a day, providing delicious canned herring to the world... and 24 being the ultimate displacement signature of "PC"... in this case, as I had much earlier alluded to, a chromodynamic manifestation of a hyperentangled pork singularity or as we commonly know it a "Pork Chop +" ... hyperentangled pork singularities won't become commercially available until August 27, 2071.

See... now it makes sense... The whole thing was a viral ad for hyperentangled pork singularities placed in the past by what is obviously a pink space cat, if avatars are still accurate portrayals of the individual poster.

You need to adjust for quantum drift. My preferred method is to take each digit of the date and inscribe it on a sharp knife, then toss them all into the air.  For each knife that embeds itself in a person or other object, measure the distance from the floor to the point of entry.  This can be difficult if a major organ was damaged, so you may need someone to prop up the living creature while you measure.  Add the number of decibles of any screams, and arrange the digits from highest to lowest height + volume.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Fixmypcmike said:

You need to adjust for quantum drift. My preferred method is to take each digit of the date and inscribe it on a sharp knife, then toss them all into the air.  For each knife that embeds itself in a person or other object, measure the distance from the floor to the point of entry.  This can be difficult if a major organ was damaged, so you may need someone to prop up the living creature while you measure.  Add the number of decibles of any screams, and arrange the digits from highest to lowest height + volume.

We also need to take into account that if the beginning of time (depending on your definition of beginning) is thousands of years ago, billions of years ago, infinity, or basically anything other than 12 May 2012, then adjusting for the shift in time while taking into account the - in DVD-R is not a minus sign, the deleted posts are very likely from far enough in the future that they came after the big Y270 bug that seemed to somehow only affect the DAZ forums. The incompatible dates of the posts would require them to be deleted to keep the quantum hamster from rejecting the steak knives thrown at it. And we need the steak knives because that’s the only way to get ten percent off the pork chop. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 2023

it's weird, I enjoy short electrical storms but drawn out ones fill me with dread

I think distant lightning that fills the sky is utterly spectacular and the thunder has enough of a delay I don't feel threatened 

but when I am in the midst of it I am nervous AF

especially with the bigarse gum tree in my garden waiting to be struck and drop a huge limb on my house

these ones that last for hours increase the odds considerably 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • There was a Sci-Fi short story in an anthology I read years ago called 'Beep', where every message ever sent via a FTL comms system was compressed into the beep before the message. The one/first person who realised this was able to get an inroad on the future and make it happen. Thought provoking little story - obviously written before the concept of different quantum outcomes creating parallel multiverses, unless it was a method of charting which quantum states were selected. Regards, Richard.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

....just had something odd happen.  As I was working on rebuilding the character that was corrupted (turns out it was due to a bad disk sector) I'm not sure what key combo I accidentally hit, but now when I'm in the parameters tab and select a body part like "Head" I get the "What do I do? pane instead of the full list of head parameters. I cannot figure out how to set it back to show  the parameters again.

It's probably something simple but I have no idea what I did as I've never had this happen before.

Bloody arthritis making my hands so clumsy.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • McGyver said:

Why did the hyperentangled pork singularity cross the road? To get to the other universe!

edited December 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it's weird, I enjoy short electrical storms but drawn out ones fill me with dread

I think distant lightning that fills the sky is utterly spectacular and the thunder has enough of a delay I don't feel threatened 

but when I am in the midst of it I am nervous AF

especially with the bigarse gum tree in my garden waiting to be struck and drop a huge limb on my house

these ones that last for hours increase the odds considerably 

Ah, gum trees. Spearmint or Juicy-Fruit?  Just kidding.  I know Austrailian "Gum" trees (Eucalyptus), leaves are favorite food of Koala Bears.  .  The trees I saw were kinda ghostly with white bark.  I encountered a big grove of Gum trees in the bottom of King's Canyon, Northern Territories.  During my once-in-a-lifetime adventure in '95, I made it to the center of Austraila and hiked Kings Canyon as well as both Kata Tjuta and Uluru (i.e  old names "Mt. Olga" and "Ayers Rock").  Kings Canyon was relatively nearby so we got to hike that as well.  Being the non-conformist that I am, while the rest of the group (8) climbed up one end of the horseshoe shaped "mountain" that formed the canyon (actually only a hundred or two feet high and you could walk the entire top of the "U" in an hour or so), heading for the other end of the horseshoe to climb down, I on the otherhand, went up the middle of the canyon.  Lots more to see down in the bottom of the canyon.  Lots of short Gum trees.  All white and spindly.  Also got a good close up look at the rusted, falling apart layers of rock that compose much of the canyon.   

I finished my tour ahead of the rest of the group who went across the top, so I followed them and caught up with them as they were decending.  Wierd formations on the top of the canyon!  Kinda like stacked rocks that have eroded into nightmarish chess pieces.   Also very hot & humid on the top of the canyon, but down in the canyon itself, it was cool and moist, very enjoyable.  This was in late July or August (winter).  Same thing when I hiked Uluru.  The rest of the group elected to climb to the top of that big red rock, but I elected to walk around it (3 miles).  I think I got the better experience.  So many interesting nooks & crannies to investigate and no danger of getting too curious and slipping off the edge of the wind polished rock to a thousand foot slide-of-death.surprise

https://www.australia.com/en-us/places/alice-springs-and-surrounds/guide-to-kings-canyon.html

https://parksaustralia.gov.au/uluru/

Commentary:  I'm so glad that I took that once-in-a-lifetime adventure when I was in my 40s and still healthy.  Yeah, yeah, I spent my retirement funds on that trip, and now live on a shoestring, but I have memories forever (baring dementia).  If I'd kept my money and tried that type of tourism now, I'd toddle to the gift shop, find the restroom, and then go sit on the bus and wait 'till everybody came back.  But I'd probably be broke anyway, I had too high a standard of living until the shock of jobless destitution shuffled my monetary priorities.yes  Not a path for everybody, but it suited my situation at the time.  I came through it.

• they are everywhere cheeky

I have been to King's Canyon too, it was a 2 day bus trip nonstop, Australia is a big place

edited December 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

they are everywhere cheeky

I have been to King's Canyon too, it was a 2 day bus trip nonstop, Australia is a big place

What I remember about Kata Tjuta was the hoards of flies so desperate for moisture that they buzz around your mouth, nose and eyes looking for a chance to land and slurp some up from any moist surface.  That's where I learned about the "Aussie Salute" and wide brimmed hats with dangly bits hanging all around the edges.smiley  Curiously, that wasn't a problem at Uluru, just twenty miles away.  Perhaps it was the little pond of water at the base of one side of the big red rock, that satisfied the flies with enough moisture.  And at Kings Canyon (different day, 80 miles away), the flies weren't objectionalble either.  But at Kata Tjuta they were desperately persistent.frown  Curious.  Better tasting toursists at Kata Tjuta?

• kyoto kid said:

....just had something odd happen.  As I was working on rebuilding the character that was corrupted (turns out it was due to a bad disk sector) I'm not sure what key combo I accidentally hit, but now when I'm in the parameters tab and select a body part like "Head" I get the "What do I do? pane instead of the full list of head parameters. I cannot figure out how to set it back to show  the parameters again.

It's probably something simple but I have no idea what I did as I've never had this happen before.

Bloody arthritis making my hands so clumsy.

Is the Show Sub-items checkbox unchecked? If so you will see only properties that are actually in the current group, not proerpties thata re in sub-groups within it.

• Complaint: Acromioclavicular Joint Reconstruction Enough said,

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

AgitatedRiot said:

Complaint: Acromioclavicular Joint Reconstruction Enough said,

Next time do your acrobatics with someone else's shoulder.

My sympathies. 

This discussion has been closed.