The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• Happy Birthday, KK.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Happy birthday, Kyoto Kid.  Hope the Pacific Northwest is treating you right!

RE: Lucy.  Thanks for posting the clip.  Could use a good laugh today.  She is on my Mount Rushmore of Physical Comedy with Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Rowan Atkinson.  Hard to leave off Harpo Marx or Jackie Chan.  Love that Lucy commercial skit almost as much as the chocolate factory skit.  Lucy was so brilliant.

Cheers to all.

• Happy Birthday Koyoto Kid !

I hope you had a great day.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

Didn't he have a birthday just last year?indecision  At this stage in life we should be able to delay them for a while.enlightened Nobody wants to get old at the normal pace.  

...darn straight

BTW Thanks everyone.  Today marks 7 decades on this mudball.

A friend gave me a really nice prezzie, a new air fryer that is much nicer than the one i used to have.  I was even able to take it for it's "maiden voyage" tonight making my signature tarragon, garlic, white pepper roasted red potatoes to ahve with my cajun spice fish.  THey cooked  much faster than in the oven, and came out perfect. 

The unit is more high quality as well as also quieter than the old one.

Yeah was pretty nice even though I just stayed home (was rainy & cold much of the day). Sometimes a quiet celebration is the best.  Cooked up a big brekkie and as I mentioned, my favourite dinner for the occasion.  Also put up the aluminium tree and lights to get into the holiday spirit 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Well, I had my sleep study done. They said the largest sleep block was 15 minutes. The rest was just a few minutes at a time—more Doctors, of course, to be seen.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

AgitatedRiot said:

Well, I had my sleep study done. They said the largest sleep block was 15 minutes. The rest was just a few minutes at a time—more Doctors, of course, to be seen.

Have you considered watching the movie Dune? Either the original or the newer one should work. 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited December 2023

Lol, I've seen both. Maybe an excellent documentary on the life of ants, set to orchestrate music.

There are so many ants and hours of mesmerizing videos.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

NylonGirl said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Well, I had my sleep study done. They said the largest sleep block was 15 minutes. The rest was just a few minutes at a time—more Doctors, of course, to be seen.

Have you considered watching the movie Dune? Either the original or the newer one should work. 

I loved the one with Kyle McL in it, and Sting. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

NylonGirl said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Good suggestion... I was going to suggest going back and reading my longer posts, but the risk of psychological damage probably outweighs the somnolencent benefits, which technically just manifest in the form of an extreme syncopic episode (basically fainting, but with a scream and then a dramatic collapse... like the narcoleptic screaming goats)... Realistically there is no medical benefit to reading anything I write, but sometimes the comas they induce can be restful.

Taking a melatonin bath is a good way to infuse one's body with sleepy juice... but collecting enough human brains to squeeze the melatonin out of is usually very time consuming and there are those who find that sort of activity somewhat morally questionable and illegal... 

Dune probably is the better bet... or just looking through Netflix's entire streaming collection... I feel like sometimes I just hear the "THUDUM" and I'm unconscious...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

My 4th grade teacher had a good idea, how to keep 10 year olds awake all through the nights.

First he told us that the next ice age was just around the corner, then he went on saying that WHEN the nuclear power plant that was being built at the time some 50 miles from us would explode, all of us were going to be incinerated alive... devil

• Disco Chives had a parrot so dear,
    But one day it went missing, oh dear!
    He searched high and low, but it was nowhere near,
    The loss of his bird filled him with fear.

Christmas came, but he was still sad,
    His parrot gone, his heart felt bad,
    But then he heard a chirp, a sound so glad,
    His parrot was back, it made him quite mad!

He danced with joy, like in a disco,
    With his parrot on his shoulder, oh so,
    Merry Christmas to all, he shouted with gusto,
    With his bird back, he felt like a hero.

Non-complaint, here in Finland the main event is on Christmas Eve as this is where Santa starts and works through the night.
    It's now a little past 8PM and I just got home after celebrating the Christmas with mom, my brothers and my niece.

Merry Christmas to all, and don't worry, Santa is on his way.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I know I probably won't get a chance to say this tomorrow or probably later, so Merry Everythingmas and a Happy New Ear*!... 

*Thats what Apple's autocorrect changed "year" to, so I must be wrong... happy new ears everyone.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

McGyver said:

I know I probably won't get a chance to say this tomorrow or probably later, so Merry Everythingmas and a Happy New Ear*!... 

*Thats what Apple's autocorrect changed "year" to, so I must be wrong... happy new ears everyone.

Well, I could certainly use a new left ear.  Hope everyone gets a happy and healthy year, plus whatever body parts they happen to need. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 2023

Vincent Van Gogh thanks you

So does Evander Hollyfield

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

McGyver said:

..yeah, I could use a new pair as the current ones have persistent tinnitus.   

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Merry Christmas to everyone .....

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it!

• same

I just had plum pudding with berries and custard but my stomach thinks I want to keep retasting it with acid

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

I am so blown away. My wife got me a SpaceMouse Enterprise for Christmas. Time to plug it in and give it a spin.

• Gordig said:

I am so blown away. My wife got me a SpaceMouse Enterprise for Christmas. Time to plug it in and give it a spin.

well that does look like part of the Starfleet 

edited December 2023

... SpaceMouse??

...anyway...

Happy Christmas everyone. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • WendyLuvsCatz said:

same

I just had plum pudding with berries and custard but my stomach thinks I want to keep retasting it with acid

Always listen to your stomach.enlightened 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it and happy Monday for everyone else!

• I need talk more

being on my own I don't talk a lot,

I used to talk to myself or at least to cats

but since losing Denis have had issues as Lucy doesn't like my voice

never has

when she wasn't my only cat it wasn't a huge issue 

now it's a serious one as I want her by me

all my other cats including Denis liked me talking, some even responded 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I need talk more

being on my own I don't talk a lot,

I used to talk to myself or at least to cats

but since losing Denis have had issues as Lucy doesn't like my voice

never has

when she wasn't my only cat it wasn't a huge issue 

now it's a serious one as I want her by me

all my other cats including Denis liked me talking, some even responded 

I thinks cats have as many personalities and social issues as people. It's impossible to figure them out. It's like they either love you, want to eat you, or both. Maybe this one will change over time, after realizing you are the one true lover of cats. 

• she hates my phone too

I need to leave the room to talk or use phone banking etc

or she will run out

again always has been an issue

God help me if I sing!

Denis and every other cat was the opposite 

if I spoke they came running and rubbed doing figure 8s around my legs, she doesn't do that or headbutt etc

Non-Complaint; Sunrise today 9:45. Sunset today 15:22. Length of day 5 h 37 min. = 1 minute longer than yesterday smiley

Gordig said:

If this isn't proof that there's a vole arriving in an asteroid then I don't know what is. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Merry Christmas to people who celebrate, and happy festival for solstice-ish-season-changing to everyone else.  That works for northern and southern hemisphere, I hope.

Non-complaint - celebrating with family and experiencing good joy.

Complaint - am a sports fan who probably will not be able to watch the best sporting event of the year because the local cable TV company for my folks is having a contract spat with the network carrying the game. Plan B is conversing more with family members.

Hope your complaints are as trivial as my sports-related complaint, and that your Plan B is as nice as mine.  

This discussion has been closed.