The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• I am heartily relieved to say I married my first real girlfriend after proposing at the 3 week point. And 33 years later, we're still married. The down side of having a nice, happy home with cats is that the kids are showing no signs of leaving home, even though the eldest is now 27. Regards, Richard.
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

McGyver said:

You again... geez, you're insufferable... go bother some squirrels.

Hey...stop it you guys, nobody needs this nonsense... don't make me come back there or you'll both be sorry!

Jeez... the five of you never stop.

You are so bad at math...

Oh no... the forums signing me out has cause an overlap nexus between parallel universes... It was an inevitable consequence...

Nobody is amused by your nonsense... you know it's just that you're crazy and bored... right?

None of this would have happened if we could have had a [Disco Green Onions] Crazzy Possum Girlfriend Misplaced Death Turkey thread like nature intended. But nooooo people wanted to complain about how none of their bookmarks work and that's not how you spell crazy. Well I hope they enjoy their possum girlfriends and ask themselves, "if all I attract is crazy people then what is it about me that's attracting them". No orangutan will fix this regardless of whether you have the letter K in pork chop.

I know this all made sense.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

I have seen lots of dead birds on my walks lately 

even found a dead magpie in my front yard

one particulary sad one was a dead rosella I saw on my walk home yesterday,

they have such colourful plumage 

was a dead crow further along too

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

WendyLuvsCatz said:

We have had sightings of Atlantic Puffins here (not common), one had landed on the backyard of a lady that called 112 (=911) and the police came and shot it.
    Afterwards the police said they didn't know what it was...

• Bird Flu?
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

richardandtracy said:

Bird Flu?

not after they shot it. 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited January 28

richardandtracy said:

I am heartily relieved to say I married my first real girlfriend after proposing at the 3 week point. And 33 years later, we're still married. The down side of having a nice, happy home with cats is that the kids are showing no signs of leaving home, even though the eldest is now 27. Regards, Richard.

My questions would be 1.Are you making it too easy to stay ? 2.Are you making him pay rent? 3.Is he working towards moving out? 4.Do you really want him out ? My son didn't move out until he was 25 ,he had a plan went to vocational school ,had a job ,paid rent ,helped out around the house ,and then moved out .The girls on the otherhand didn't have a plan ....

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited January 28

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

We have had sightings of Atlantic Puffins here (not common), one had landed on the backyard of a lady that called 112 (=911) and the police came and shot it.
    Afterwards the police said they didn't know what it was...

It was alien.  Why wouldn't they shoot it?  A lifetime of movies have shown us that officious mentalities always shoot the aliens.  Especially if they look weird*indecision  Gotta disect it and see what made it work, now that it no longer works.indecision

*And ya gotta admit, Puffins are pretty weird lookin'.  Sort of a cross between a Penguin and a Toucan.

AtlanticPuffin.jpg
    612 x 408 - 22K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Yeah, shoot first, ask questions later...

edited January 28

Complaint:  Bugs in my computer:  I haven't paid much attention to my primary computer since it was finally built and stopped evolving over a year or two ago.  Its been working perfectly as I envisioned it.  So, today as I stood and admired the soft magenta glow of its RGB lighting through the clear sidepanel, I looked closer and finally noticed the dust sad  I designed the air-flow with positive pressure and filters on all intakes, but there is a now a light but noticeable coating of dust everywhere.surprise  And cobwebs.  (*sigh*)

OK, gotta pull it away from the wall, disconnect everything, open it up, take it outside, blow the dust & cobweb(s) out, brush the stubborn spots, and clean the filters.  And of course while it's disconnected and open, I must twiddle with something in there to see if I can break it.frown  

The dust isn't bad.  It's light fluffy stuff(I don't smoke), but it's the cobwebs that bug me.  The spider is probably tiny, but regardless, spiders are welcome in the basement and in the walls but once they enter my domestic presence they are fair game.  So, I'm going small game hunting.  Tomorrow, or at least within a "DAZ soon".indecision

A Ponderable:  What is the complete opposite of an "intake"?  An "outgive"?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Fixmypcmike said:

richardandtracy said:

Bird Flu?

not after they shot it. 

Backwards slightly depending on the grain and caliber.

• carrie58 said:

richardandtracy said:

I am heartily relieved to say I married my first real girlfriend after proposing at the 3 week point. And 33 years later, we're still married. The down side of having a nice, happy home with cats is that the kids are showing no signs of leaving home, even though the eldest is now 27. Regards, Richard.

My questions would be 1.Are you making it too easy to stay ? 2.Are you making him pay rent? 3.Is he working towards moving out? 4.Do you really want him out ? My son didn't move out until he was 25 ,he had a plan went to vocational school ,had a job ,paid rent ,helped out around the house ,and then moved out .The girls on the otherhand didn't have a plan ....

To answer in order:

1. Yes.
    2. Both daughters do. Only got the two.
    3. No.
    4. Yes, most of the time. And the rest of the time: ASAP!

Regards,

Richard 

PerttiA said:

Yeah, shoot first, ask questions later...

Probably had a gun.

You don't mess with puffins... deadliest bird in the north, far more dangerous than the Penguinnosaurus Rex because they hunt in packs... I've seen them nibble the ankles of big strong men who weren't even scared of a sparrow... left them traumatized and scarred for the rest of their lives.

The finch, the warbler... even the mighty tit... none of them are as fierce as the puffin.

edited January 28

I agree.  Puffins are fierce.  But never anger a tit, especially a pair of them.  They can be deadly, or at least make you wish they were.indecision 

I believe the two below are murmuring and conspiring about something.surprise

A_SmallMumerationOfTits.jpg
    281 x 180 - 6K

richardandtracy said:

carrie58 said:

richardandtracy said:

To answer in order:

1. Yes.
    2. Both daughters do. Only got the two.
    3. No.
    4. Yes, most of the time. And the rest of the time: ASAP!

Regards,

Richard 

So let me assume on number 3 ,it's just too easy to stay ,got a cook ,laundry and maid service......you can love'em but still make it uncomfortable for them .....

• The problem where I live is that on my 59yo, departmental manager salary, I m not sure if I could buy my first house again now if I were single and with the same savings relative to salary as I did when I was 23 and bought that house. And a 24-27yo doesn't get the salary I do.

Regards,

Richard.

richardandtracy said:

The problem where I live is that on my 59yo, departmental manager salary, I m not sure if I could buy my first house again now if I were single and with the same savings relative to salary as I did when I was 23 and bought that house. And a 24-27yo doesn't get the salary I do.

Regards,

Richard.

Well that is true but he could rent a place or pay you rent which you could put aside if you didn't need it ,as a saving account  just don't tell him that's what you are doing ,it was different when we were younger......

I didn't move out until I was 33
    Mum was a widow though and retired, she had me at 39 and I did pay a decent amount of board

I actually put her at a financial disadvantage moving out

I was saving for and bought a house though too

edited January 29

I dunno if this is a complaint or not... but I'm on a boat now... 

it's not smooth sailing... I'm not sure if anyone is enjoying the rocking and dipping...

Weeeeee!

It's very choppy and raining... fun times.

Also... it took like twenty minutes to post that with sign-outs, bad connections and missing the keys because the boat is moving so much...

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited January 29

Well... I can see Old Field Point lighthouse, so I'm almost there...

(goes outside)

Booooo!... the upper and forward decks are closed...

Boooo!

That takes the fun out of stormy seas.

Post edited by McGyver on

Wheee, a live streaming slide show.yes

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Complaint: I'm tired of being logged out every time I get on here!  They broke something that was fixed.  Now they have to track it down and fix it again!

a ferry I presume

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

I read too much. I have heard this before and still think it's hogwash.. I just can't even imagine a a basay Piz instead of mama first. That's just me, I guess.

Piz Pencil.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

He loves it. He has just touched his toys, which do all kinds of weird stuff. The last time I saw that one was under the bed.

I'd definitely play with that for hours... I actually batted my paw at the screen several times while watching that... 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

a ferry I presume

Yup... it crosses a body of salinated Dihydrogen monoxide called "Long Island Sound"... I've got no idea what sound they were alluding to when they named it that, but the wet stuff sounds splashy and sloshy for the most part... sometimes there are seagull sounds...

That particular ferry runs between the city of Bridgeport in the state of Connecticut and the north shore Long Island town of Port Jefferson... spellcheck keeps insisting it's "Pork" Jefferson, but I'm not falling for that very obvious attempt to bait me into writing something risqué, because this is a family website or something like that and tawdry jokes are unacceptable... however... ah... nevermind.

The ferry is a pricey alternative to driving 120 miles around the coast... well, 120 for me... if you are just going from Bridgepork to Pork Jeff, it's less... probably more like 80 or 90... 

Actually if you walk on the ferry it's only $20, but if you take your car it's like $70... I have no idea why I'm telling you ferry prices and driving distances, I was going somewhere with that joke or something, but I got signed out and the moment is gone...

Oh well... it probably wasn't that good if I forgot that easy.

depending on the price of petrol, that's a fairly reasonable price

This discussion has been closed.