Fit Control for Genesis3 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited November 2015

When there is time I do plan on a new Tongue Control and Dental Plan thing. Will have to see in detail what G3 offers first in that department to see what needs to be done.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

Thanks ZEV, this is a great product. One that I have really needed smiley

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

BTW, it also works great for Jeanz and stuff :) not only for underwear :)

• Fit Control for Genesis 3 Female has stopped working. I tried uninstalling and reloading with no luck. Its been a few weeks since I last used it, but it worked well then. Any ideas?

Should always work.. It never died on me. What version of Studio are you using?

• Hi Zev0...I hope you can give me some pointers. I'm finding Fit Control for G3F indispensible -- very good for fishing clothes out from butt cracks and from in between breasts. I keep running into a challenge, though...

Lots of my characters have large, heavy breasts that hang down. Of course, the autofollowing clothing wants to tuck up under their breasts and stick up there when it really should be falling more loosely from the top of the breast. I know there are some torso adjusters to enlarge the bottom-of-breast area, and they help a little bit, as does the Bottom Depth Adjust. However I still get a lot of the "shirt tucked under breasts" look. Do you have any suggestions for a combination of dials to combat this? Thanks.

--MW

edited December 2015

Hi Zev0...I hope you can give me some pointers. I'm finding Fit Control for G3F indispensible -- very good for fishing clothes out from butt cracks and from in between breasts. I keep running into a challenge, though...

Lots of my characters have large, heavy breasts that hang down. Of course, the autofollowing clothing wants to tuck up under their breasts and stick up there when it really should be falling more loosely from the top of the breast. I know there are some torso adjusters to enlarge the bottom-of-breast area, and they help a little bit, as does the Bottom Depth Adjust. However I still get a lot of the "shirt tucked under breasts" look. Do you have any suggestions for a combination of dials to combat this? Thanks.

--MW

Can you post a screenshot? Also a shot of the Fit Control morphs used as well as the breast morphs used?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2015

I read your post. Can you describe what sort of morphs you would like to add? I can tell you if it will work or not based on how this product was designed. If you want you can PM me.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

Here's an example of avoiding the clingwrap boob effect:
    http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/EartineCmdr-559810786

Granted, her breasts aren't that big, but you get the idea. REALLY large breasts can run into problems where the adjustments start distorting the UV mesh, but it depends on the outfit and certain adjustments work better than others (you have to take care to try to loosen things evenly rather than just shoving one bit way out).

• Zev0 said:

Should always work.. It never died on me. What version of Studio are you using?

DS 4.8. It worked great for quite awhile, but now the dialog box doesn't open and the morphs aren't loaded after clicking the activate button. Other dialogs open though (ie "Fit Control Morphs have been zeroed").

That is strange. I never had a report of the script misbehaving. Try redownloading and installing it and tell me if that makes a difference. If not, clear your log file, click on the script and PM me the log after nothing happens after using the script, so we can see what Studio or the script is doing at that time.

• Zev0 said:

That is strange. I never had a report of the script misbehaving. Try redownloading and installing it and tell me if that makes a difference. If not, clear your log file, click on the script and PM me the log after nothing happens after using the script, so we can see what Studio or the script is doing at that time.

Thank you for the timely response(s), I'm a big fan of your products and comitment to users. - I finally figured it out. I had locked the character's shape through the papameters tab. Once I unlocked it everything worked beautifully. Thanks again for your efforts.

edited December 2015

Cool!! Glad to hear all is sorted, and you're welcome.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi Zev0, I'll post a screenshot and some details of my struggles against clingwrap later. Thanks!

--MW

• Here is a typical G2F character of mine. I've dialed in a few Daz body morphs for her: heavy 0.20, pear figure 0.50, voluptuous 1.00, and breasts implants 0.50. She has the T-shirt and boxers from K4 Basic Wear included in Genesis Starter Essentials. T-shirt has a smoothing modifier [generic, 2 iterations]. No Fit Control in the first two screencaps.

Here she is with Fit Control on her T-shirt in the next two screencaps. I used Center Depth 86.3%, Center Height Bottom 65.6%, Center Up Down 1 54.5%, Expand Breast 20.9% Under Height 26.7%, and Under Lower 41.1%.

There's a significant improvement around cleavage and tops of breasts, but the shirt is still obviously tucked under her breasts. Any suggestions? Thanks.

--MW

before.jpg
    848 x 433 - 69K
    after.jpg
    848 x 433 - 68K
    edited December 2015

Shoo that's a tough one. I don't really like using the Daz breast shapes because some of them are terrible for clothing lol. Anyways try this combo.

Capture1.JPG
    992 x 864 - 69K
    Capture.JPG
    266 x 804 - 53K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi Zev0. Thanks for the screencaps. To truly put your dials through their paces, I dialed up the same Daz body morphs on G3F and put her in powerage's Strapped Suit. Success! The chest straps aren't hiding under her breasts anymore! This combo obviously works best on simpler pieces of clothing, but it also works good enough for me on silly fetishwear. Thanks for your help.

--MW

success.jpg
    477 x 677 - 58K
    edited December 2015

Cool, you're welcome:) What you can also do to make things a bit easier under the breasts is to lift them up a bit. technically they aren't free hanging when in clothing. Should help with under breast issues a bit.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • josh.pactorjosh.pactor Posts: 43
    edited December 2015
    Zev0 said:

Cool, you're welcome:) What you can also do to make things a bit easier under the breasts is to lift them up a bit. technically they aren't free hanging when in clothing. Should help with under breast issues a bit.

On that topic, are there any good tutorials out there (also touching on your previous post about how the default DAZ breast controls are not-so-great for certain clothing) on how to adjust breasts for different kinds of clothing?  Also, one big question:  Is it better to use Shape, or Pose, to handle the cleavage effects of certain bras?  It seems a little off to me to use Shaping controls to change how they fit into a bra (or other clothes), since I might want to use the same base figure over in other scenes.

Oh, also... is there a possibility of a "lift all" option?  Something that would, for a torso item, lift both the front and the back of the item at the same time?  And (also for a torso item) something that would expand the length of an item?  Like for example, the Fit-n-Sexy gym top, something to make the bottom of it hang longer all around?

Post edited by josh.pactor on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Fun random morning thought: Folks provide 'foot poses' for shoes, because the default feet aren't posed right for many kinds of shoes.  They should provide 'breast poses' for bras, since the default breast position doesn't seem very bra-accurate. :)

--  Morgan

edited December 2015
    Zev0 said:

On that topic, are there any good tutorials out there (also touching on your previous post about how the default DAZ breast controls are not-so-great for certain clothing) on how to adjust breasts for different kinds of clothing?  Also, one big question:  Is it better to use Shape, or Pose, to handle the cleavage effects of certain bras?  It seems a little off to me to use Shaping controls to change how they fit into a bra (or other clothes), since I might want to use the same base figure over in other scenes.

Oh, also... is there a possibility of a "lift all" option?  Something that would, for a torso item, lift both the front and the back of the item at the same time?  And (also for a torso item) something that would expand the length of an item?  Like for example, the Fit-n-Sexy gym top, something to make the bottom of it hang longer all around?

I use Breast Control for all that. It gives me the flexibility I want to adjust them for clothing because I can dial them on the figure and dial them off the clothes as well if need be - eg unfollow shape. You can to some degree use the pec bones, but with Breast Control I just have more room to work with. Daz does have a cleavage morph and a few others that can help with what you want, but I like more options. With regards to using pose or shape to handle cleavage, all depends on what result either provides. Both shaping and pose morphs can work. With some morphs there is a very fine line as to what is a shape or a pose morph. Hell, half the time I use pose control morphs to make a shape:) With regards to breasts showing under a top, EG you can dial in the breast under height morph on the figure (Breast Control), then on the clothing, set that exact morph to zero (since all morphs on figure gets projected over), or something like that. Or use Fit Control to shift the bottom of the top up, depending on it's design and where the bottom of the top sits.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

I use Breast Control for all that. It gives me the flexibility I want to adjust them for clothing because I can dial them on the figure and dial them off the clothes as well if need be - eg unfollow shape. You can to some degree use the pec bones, but with Breast Control I just have more room to work with. Daz does have a cleavage morph and a few others that can help with what you want, but I like more options. With regards to using pose or shape to handle cleavage, all depends on what result either provides. Both shaping and pose morphs can work. With some morphs there is a very fine line as to what is a shape or a pose morph. Hell, half the time I use pose control morphs to make a shape:) With regards to breasts showing under a top, EG you can dial in the breast under height morph on the figure (Breast Control), then on the clothing, set that exact morph to zero (since all morphs on figure gets projected over), or something like that. Or use Fit Control to shift the bottom of the top up, depending on it's design and where the bottom of the top sits.

Thanks for the quick reply!  Out of curiosity, do Breast Control and Fit Control work specifically together?  In other words, if I have Fit Control applied to a figure's clothes, will (or can) changes made in Breast Control reflect in Fit Control?  I was looking at the BC product page and saw that there were several morphs that seem to have similar names (around Center Gap and Center Depth, etc).   That's what it sounded like from your description above, so I just wanted to make sure.

And yes, I'd certainly like to rely on BC, it's going in the shopping basket shortly. :)  Thanks for all the help!  I'm still kindof new at all of this, and more importantly I'm new to actually posting on the forums here.  I definitely appreciate that you took the time to answer so quickly.  Kudos!

edited December 2015

Out of curiosity, do Breast Control and Fit Control work specifically together?

Not specifically, but they can.

In other words, if I have Fit Control applied to a figure's clothes, will (or can) changes made in Breast Control reflect in Fit Control?

The Breast Control morphs will only affect the figure shape where the clothing will automatically project those dialled morphs to ensure it fits whatever you dialled in. Fit Control morphs are independant from that. However if you have Breast Control morphs dialled on your figure and Fit Control morphs dialled on the clothing, and click on currently used on the clothing item, you will see a list of both products morphs populated, as well as all others that have a value other than 0. The similar named morphs remain independant because they aren't named the same and also as similar as they might be, perform different changes to the geometry. So you will get for example center gap from Breast Control, and also the one from Fit Control on the clothing, where each one can be dialled in and out individually. It will all make sense the more you play with morphs and get used to how Daz utilizes them when fitting clothes. Basically any morph dialled on the figure gets projected onto clothing. Fit Control exploits this system as well, just that it is controlled via a script.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I assumed this magically added dials somewhere, tho I've not not noticed much of anything extra floating around the Properties tab of late.  That TJ7 Leotard still only has the single "Expand all" dial that dose not even address the problematic areas, lol.

I made it 47 seconds into the 'Fit Control' vid. I must be doing good today, good at not doing well, lol.  I will assume that 'Clothing' folder is... somewhere. Google is not giving me a listing for the help page that normally gives the path for such.  Can some kind soul pleas point me in a direction to find this, pleas.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The files will be in People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Fit Control and there should be a Fit Control Tutorial PDF in ReadMe's

• Thanks!  There is a lot of PDFs in that ReadMe's folder , (presses PgDn a few times) There it is, in the "23325" range. 

• I assumed this magically added dials somewhere, tho I've not not noticed much of anything extra floating around the Properties tab of late.  That TJ7 Leotard still only has the single "Expand all" dial that dose not even address the problematic areas, lol.

I made it 47 seconds into the 'Fit Control' vid. I must be doing good today, good at not doing well, lol.  I will assume that 'Clothing' folder is... somewhere. Google is not giving me a listing for the help page that normally gives the path for such.  Can some kind soul pleas point me in a direction to find this, pleas.

It doesn't automatically add the morphs to clothes.  You have to add all the clothes you want to a character, then select the figure and use the "Fit Control Activate Genesis 3 Female Morphs" preset (you can find it under Shaping/Apply in Smart Content and the Shaping > Presets tab).  If you later add another piece of clothing, you can apply that preset again to add the morphs to the new items; you won't end up with duplicates on clothes that already have Fit Control active.

Hope that helps!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

I was surprized to find a "loosen" morph for a shirt I'd purchased. Came in very handy.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Has Fit control for G3M been started yet? ;)